Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,611 comments
Hey guys I hope you're doing well. Today I'll bring you the latest update of the PureLIFE Filter Pack.

Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_evo_endurance_acc_ks_nordschleife_14-8-122-14-6-20.jpg

A few weeks ago eriowl made a comment, that offered a problem in EVO GTS.

What you can see is that there are no godrays in sunset and sunrise but as I took a closer look to this I found out that there was a huge problem within the filter and .lua script that required a complete overhaul of the code.

So here it is, included some new things like changing from post processing ae to pure ae what brings further benefits. Ah... and... the code is completely updated to support Pure 0.130+ features. Enjoy!

Changelog PureLIFE 2.6

PureLIFE EVO GTS:

• reworked lighting
• reworked sun glare and godrays (decent)
• removed pp autoexposure, using pure ae instead
• ready for pure 0.130+

Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_ks_nordschleife_14-8-122-12-35-53.jpg

Download @ RD

Last edited:
The pure passion behind this project, is to be commended!
Yeah, my love for that game is what pushed me forward, you can't imagine how painfully hard it was to find the different exe of the game. V1.0 I found it from an old Russian torrent file that took 5 days to download (the seed was activated the 4th day miraculously), and for V1.4 (F10b and F150) I had to harass every YouTuber that have done a video about FVA and asking them if they still had the exe of FVA. This took actually longer than the conversion process

But thankfully I managed to prevent that game to fall into the abyss and try to make it live with Assetto Corsa. (Until I find a way to crack down the always online requirement of the game)

Last edited:
Yeah, my love for that game is what pushed me forward, you can't imagine how painfully hard it was to find the different exe of the game. V1.0 I found it from an old Russian torrent file that took 5 days to download (the seed was activated the 4th day miraculously), and for V1.4 (F10b and F150) I had to harass every YouTuber that have done a video about FVA and asking them if they still had the exe of FVA. This took actually longer than the conversion process

But thankfully I managed to prevent that game to fall into the abyss and try to make it live with Assetto Corsa. (Until I find a way to crack down the always online requirement of the game)
Really you are a reall passionnate, and we all thnk you for the work, the love you put into this. And I'm Sure even Kunos guys will thank you that their work is not forgotten^^.
Can't wait to download it, just 2 questions:
Concerning the F10 and B spec, the shark fin is the only difference?
And about the Mugello into it's 2010 iteration, from what I saw in videos the grandstands has to be removed, and some ads need changes but aside that, nothing really change no?

Really you are a reall passionnate, and we all thnk you for the work, the love you put into this. And I'm Sure even Kunos guys will thank you that their work is not forgotten^^.
Can't wait to download it, just 2 questions:
Concerning the F10 and B spec, the shark fin is the only difference?
And about the Mugello into it's 2010 iteration, from what I saw in videos the grandstands has to be removed, and some ads need changes but aside that, nothing really change no?
F10 early season has the early mirrors, no sharkfin and the rims doesn't have the double circular Ring cover.

F10b has late mirrors as well as this aero package

As for the mugello, there was an assetto corsa interview back then made by kunos where they talked about the laser scan technology they first used in ferrari virtual academy, and talked about how they worked

Basically since renting a track to do the laser scan was very costly, they opted out for another technique which is to capture the data quickly with the scan and sort it through back at their head quarters. And from that data they gathered they rebuild the track.

I think that's how it they also made mugello for assetto corsa. Why rent the circuit again 4 years later when you can just work on top of the data you already collected. Especially when you're kunos which at the time wasn't that big yet.

That explains why the Ferrari virtual academy track and assetto are very much alike. The base track is the same, but the details are different

But the reason why I want to convert those track is to use the FVA texture in assetto. Unless I can find the Way to turn it into a skin

Last edited:
F10 early season has the early mirrors, no sharkfin and the rims doesn't have the double circular Ring cover.

F10b has late mirrors as well as this aero package

As for the mugello, there was an assetto corsa interview back then made by kunos where they talked about the laser scan technology they first used in ferrari virtual academy, and talked about how they worked

Basically since renting a track to do the laser scan was very costly, they opted out for another technique which is to capture the data quickly with the scan and sort it through back at their head quarters. And from that data they gathered they rebuild the track.

I think that's how it they also made mugello for assetto corsa. Why rent the circuit again 4 years later when you can just work on top of the data you already collected. Especially when you're kunos which at the time wasn't that big yet.

That explains why the Ferrari virtual academy track and assetto are very much alike. The base track is the same, but the details are different

But the reason why I want to convert those track is to use the FVA texture in assetto. Unless I can find the Way to turn it into a skin

Ok now I see^^

You can use ext_config for each skin if you want, it's a deviated way but it works

Thanks to people like you seems that Assetto Corsa will last forever and ever.

Clumsy people like me for whom modding is dark witchcraft, can we only thanks modders for your hard work. (Well, or invite a coffee or a beer from time to time... 😅)

Thank you so much.
It was witchcraft for me too. But thankfully I got a lot of help from Assetto Corsa modders that is here in gtplanet, race department and some modders in discord server who helped me and taught me how to do things. That's one of the strong point of Assetto Corsa community

Had to........absolutely vile thing...
... and thanks to modders like you, Assetto Corsa will remain a fun place forever and ever! 😝

I'm more and more happy that I chose AC as my main (well, only) simulator to play when I started in this world...

Last edited:
Anyone had problems with AC crashing at loading with some of Bazza's Legends GTC and GTR cars? It seems to be CSP related because they load fine with it disabled.

Can't seem to attach the report file.
On my system I can't use ExtraFX in CSP with the GTR cars (haven't tried GTC) without a crash. I haven't used ExtraFX since then, and everything works great. I suppose it could be a subset of ExtraFX and I tried for a while to narrow it down but gave up. I haven't felt any significant loss without it.

Last edited:
On my system I can't use ExtraFX in CSP with the GTR cars (haven't tried GTC) without a crash. I haven't used ExtraFX since then, and everything works great. I suppose it could be a subset of ExtraFX and I tried for a while to narrow it down but gave up. I haven't felt any significant loss without it.
EXTRA FX works only for single screen, not for VR, not for triple screens setups.

After some adjusts in digital_instruments.ini (find attached the new adjusted file )
View attachment 1192662
Followed your tuto, fonts look nicer than the original, but the center field has no readout ?
Any ideas ?
Edit: I tried both the first and the adjusted digital_instruments.ini (I see there are differences in fonts between both), but both gave me the same issue.

Motec.png

Last edited:
Right I'm going to release this pocket rocket. Gone as far as i feel i can at this stage.
Info on these is 'light', but roughly same weight and power but its not 'study level' as they say in flight simming.
From rfactor 1 so is what it is and I'm not going to put a random cockpit in there. IMO looks great from outside a few meters away.

This is for racing, so before you download, think, "do i spend 98% of my time driving around la canyons in a BMW convertible with 50 inch gold wheels in VR looking at the interior"

If so, don't download it. (if sharemods is even working).
Its simple pile the grid full and race, done, no messing, just single make racing, actual racing.

Front Lights are stickers in real life and the rear lights i treated the same, but they should be brake lights but couldn't do them.
Its a silhouette car so if it doesn't drive like your Astra from 2007, I'm sorry, it won't.
Its basically a Brazilian stock car full fat but with the power lowered with a pretty cute body plonked on top.
Pirelli zeros from the stock cars are on it.
It's like 0.6 because the glass needs interior which i can't do.
If you run having visual wheel off, like me, then for this you'll need it on as the info is on the wheel and it looks too bare without it.

That's about it, a racing car that IMO looks ace. I'll stick it out there and see if it can get to 1.0 with some more skills.
I am only few weeks into this converting thing, no bells and whistles here no CSP itunes playing whilst you 'cruise' on this no andriod app thing or whatever. No wipers, its brazil, its sunny, a lot.....
I learnt to convert so i could get the types of cars i'd like to see more of, you don't have to download it or like it. I do and that's why i converted it.

Here goes.....

View attachment 1192696View attachment 1192697View attachment 1192698
View attachment 1192699
View attachment 1192700

link:

Ha! Great little racer, and pairs fantastically well with @shi's Boromo Superveloz! Thanks to you both :cheers:

I'll try disabling ExtraFX but I use it for the Temporal AA and would be reluctant to let that go. It's a cheap way to be rid of jaggies on my old pc.

I wonder if there is a workaround for this?

Edit: yep thank you, can confirm that disabling ExtraFX works. Just need to find a solution so that I can use TAA or fix the jaggies by another method.

Last edited:
Followed your tuto, fonts look nicer than the original, but the center field has no readout ?
Any ideas ?
Edit: I tried both the first and the adjusted digital_instruments.ini (I see there are differences in fonts between both), but both gave me the same issue.

View attachment 1192732
It can't work, because the "CPMono_v07 Plain.png" file for the fonts folder is missing in the downloads of @GN_Bullit. There is only the "CPMono_v07 Plain.txt" file.

Might be the final update for the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak. V0.84
Thanks to Raymond Racing again, slight discrepancy in the suspension setup now fixed.
Hella quick car!!

Screenshot_pikespeak_peugeot_405_t16_ddm_gts_tsukuba_13-8-122-21-27-7.png

Right I'm going to release this pocket rocket. Gone as far as i feel i can at this stage.
Info on these is 'light', but roughly same weight and power but its not 'study level' as they say in flight simming.
From rfactor 1 so is what it is and I'm not going to put a random cockpit in there. IMO looks great from outside a few meters away.

This is for racing, so before you download, think, "do i spend 98% of my time driving around la canyons in a BMW convertible with 50 inch gold wheels in VR looking at the interior"

If so, don't download it. (if sharemods is even working).
Its simple pile the grid full and race, done, no messing, just single make racing, actual racing.

Front Lights are stickers in real life and the rear lights i treated the same, but they should be brake lights but couldn't do them.
Its a silhouette car so if it doesn't drive like your Astra from 2007, I'm sorry, it won't.
Its basically a Brazilian stock car full fat but with the power lowered with a pretty cute body plonked on top.
Pirelli zeros from the stock cars are on it.
It's like 0.6 because the glass needs interior which i can't do.
If you run having visual wheel off, like me, then for this you'll need it on as the info is on the wheel and it looks too bare without it.

That's about it, a racing car that IMO looks ace. I'll stick it out there and see if it can get to 1.0 with some more skills.
I am only few weeks into this converting thing, no bells and whistles here no CSP itunes playing whilst you 'cruise' on this no andriod app thing or whatever. No wipers, its brazil, its sunny, a lot.....
I learnt to convert so i could get the types of cars i'd like to see more of, you don't have to download it or like it. I do and that's why i converted it.

Here goes.....
Absolute thanks. As you said, it's a true racing car, rabid to put on circuits like Interlagos or Jacarepagua and have fun. Long live AC.

While I can't make other cars, I'm just about to add to the "scenario" of Le Mans and the 1972/1973 Endurance World Championship (the Mirage, the Matra), now it's the Ferrari 312PB that was practically finished (from the mod Evolution GTR2, credits below), I just adapted what I could.

Antoniog7772
Jempy
Marco1990
Saxony
matteo
Der_jaguar
Commodore
Joeschmoe
Prostriker92
almafera
nickM

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1663207367.png
    __custom_showroom_1663207367.png
    118 KB · Views: 38
  • __custom_showroom_1663207425.png
    __custom_showroom_1663207425.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 37
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back