Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,842 comments
I guess they are trying to push members to go premium...
I am not entirely sure that premium is a solution. RD is being throttled due to the insane load at peak times put on their service provider. I don't believe that RD are offering un-throttled DL's as a feature of a premium membership. They would have to admit that they are being throttled before they can make it a solution and as has been said already, they are reluctant to do that and put the blame on the user.

The costs involved to make it so that their service doesn't get throttled like this are not cheap or maybe not even achievable without massive server upgrades and I think the numbers of people willing to shell out for a premium sub will never be enough to cover them.
Also the reason that the website is chock full of advertisements. God bless adblockers.

Edit: I just visited the site and it seems priority DL's are the 1st thing advertised. Stand corrected (although i do seem to recall Premium members complaing of the same thing on the RD forum post about slow DL's)

Last edited:
It depends on the time of day. If I dowload something in the afternoon/evening (here in the EU) even the smallest files take forever. If I download the same file in the morning, it's a question of seconds/minutes.
Only yesterday evening a track would have taken 2hrs, so I skipped, downloaded it this morning and it was less than a minute.
And do not forget the crowded weekends on RD.
Be aware, even the downloads from Google drive is also showing lots of “to many have downloaded this file” message lately. Here my quota limit experience on GTplanet:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13847288

I am not entirely sure that premium is a solution. RD is being throttled due to the insane load at peak times put on their service provider. I don't believe that RD are offering un-throttled DL's as a feature of a premium membership. They would have to admit that they are being throttled before they can make it a solution and as has been said already, they are reluctant to do that and put the blame on the user.

The costs involved to make it so that their service doesn't get throttled like this are not cheap or maybe not even achievable without massive server upgrades and I think the numbers of people willing to shell out for a premium sub will never be enough to cover them.
Also the reason that the website is chock full of advertisements. God bless adblockers.

Edit: I just visited the site and it seems priority DL's are the 1st thing advertised. Stand corrected (although i do seem to recall Premium members complaing of the same thing on the RD forum post about slow DL's)
Premium member data-point. I do get slower downloads some times. Less frequently than most that I've heard from here, but still sometimes. At the same time (literally the same minute) as the last "large porsche skinpack" complaint, I downloaded it in sub-10 sec.
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

I have this version, but have self-updated it (haven't released to public though)...

20210427 - Edit.
  • ! Updated engine/physics to "Porsche 911 RSR-19"
  • ! Updated sounds to 'SCIBSOUND Porsche GT3 RS sound mod v1.1'
  • ! Updated suspension to 'Porsche 911 RSR 2017'
  • ! Added extension\ext_config.ini for broken side windows
I have close to 1800 vehicles in AC... I think I installed this mod, updated/fixed it, raced it for a bit then haven't touched it since. If you want this version, let me know.
yes absolutely! I installed the 2 mods but it does not suit me thank you !!!!

MERCI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@BMW M1
I will look at the correct tacho and replace it with the correct rpm numbers

@screenshots
new family member incoming 😊 worked already on some liveries
You will finish all GT2 before Kunos releases the DLC for ACC :lol: ✌️

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I tried but it's still the same in cockpit view, the left window does not display the circuit but a bug while on the right screen no problem
bizarre mon ami ☹️

View attachment 1206016

View attachment 1206017
@ClaudioWRC74 @Fanapryde do you (or anybody else) know how I get those three dots beneath "Transparent" to appear? I'm running CM on two different PCs and I haven't got this option in the Custom Showroom on either of them. Dev mode is active. I'd love to try something with that option in another Mod :D

Last edited:
@ClaudioWRC74 @Fanapryde do you (or anybody else) know how I get those three dots beneath "Transparent" to appear? I'm running CM on two different PCs and I haven't got this option in the Custom Showroom on either of them. Dev mode is active. I'd love to try something with that option in another Mod :D
"Another mod" might be the issue. There are mods that for some reason (beyond my knowledge) don't trigger these dots.
Do you lack the dots on all car/mods ?

"Another mod" might be the issue. There are mods that for some reason (beyond my knowledge) don't trigger these dots.
Do you lack the dots on all car/mods ?
just tried it with a few different mods as well as with an original Kunos car, they never appear. Also downloaded the "997 GT3 Cup" @ClaudioWRC74 posted in his initial post, no dots:

Attachments

• Showroom.jpg
    Showroom.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 19
Some cars (Mercedes C9, Lotus 98t, etc.) running AI will use 100% turbo pressure in qualifying, but others, like the Porsche 962c consistently use 80%. I reviewed the files in the data folder, but did not find where you can change these values. Maybe someone knows, where is the setting, with which you can force the use of AI pressure 100% in qualification? Sorry for my english. Thank you.

@DaWallace @Pfalzdriver has this Procar (in all its various guises) always been limited to 6,500 rpm?
It seems very low so I did a little digging.

"As for that glorious, 277bhp straight six? Well, they increased the gloriousness, obviously, getting 470 horsepower from the 3.5-litre unit at a heady 9,000rpm."

I might be wrong but I don't think it's always been like this on the AC Procar. Has somebody, somewhere, at some time, limited the revs to try and match real-world performance figures or something? If so, the shackles really need removing and a 9,000 limit reinstated.
[ignore - see below. Revs seem correct, the dials need updating]

Edit: Mmmm... in data/engine.ini, LIMITER=9200
Is it just that revs aren't calibrated correctly on the tacho?
Didn't you change the dials in one update and maybe didn't recalibrate the needles?

Edit 2: seems like the tacho needs updating with new legends:

View attachment 1206204

Here's ours:
View attachment 1206205

6,500rpm on ours has the needle at 12 o'clock, which corresponds with around 9,000rpm on the photo of the actual instruments above.
I've not got a much earlier version of the car so can't check what the original dials showed.

Edit 3: Here's a different photo of a real dash. Slightly different dial arrangement, but the revs display up to 9,500.
View attachment 1206206

TLDR: our tacho needs updating with a corrected rev scale.
Hi Mass

Without changing any parameters in the data.acd, i altered the texture itself. It´s closer to reality.
m1 tacho.jpg

Hey guys, does someone know about some high quality F1 mods for seasons 2018 and 2019, I'll put in a video to give an example about what I mean with "high quality" or is someone maybe working on the other cars of '18 and '19?
Wish we had a 2018 and 2019 season mod like this:

Fyi this car does 7.5G lat around Mugello

Also has too much power. No matter what ers setting you will max out top speed.

I wouldn't call this 'high quality'

Last edited:
Usually, when I have this problem, I act like this:
1) I check the type of mesh and its normal, in order to understand from which side it is visible. For each glass I create a duplicate, so as to have one visible from the outside and one from the inside;
2) Regardless, if the glass is still completely transparent, I recreate the texture from scratch.

It happened to me recently with a dekon monza. The windshield was there but the texture made it completely transparent. Changed that, I solved the problem :cheers:
I was using different type of glass texture, including kunos one so i don't think this is the problem.
As for 1) I'm not sure how to check that, but what i know is that from the cockpit i can't find the windshield if i click on it in CM

For the last month or two, Race Department has been a real b*tch to download from....took me almost an hour just to download a track. I've seen a lot people on here complaining about it...but it doesn't seem like they are going to fix this problem. For being what they are you would think they would be on top of this by now.....or am I being harsh?
IDK if this is the solution as I've never run speed tests but since I got premium I feel like the speeds have gone up a little bit. Not massively. But to the point where stuff doesn't take (what feels like) 2.5 weeks to download
It depends on the time of day. If I dowload something in the afternoon/evening (here in the EU) even the smallest files take forever. If I download the same file in the morning, it's a question of seconds/minutes.
Only yesterday evening a track would have taken 2hrs, so I skipped, downloaded it this morning and it was less than a minute.
I guess they are trying to push members to go premium...

Racedepartment downloads have been painfully slow for me, for a long time.
This is the message I left on their thread, though I'll still probably get a ridiculous response.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The answer isn't "It's a problem on your end." For my home office, I have a fiber optic connection, download and upload terabytes of data almost every day (part of my work is in video editing). All other downloads from ALL other sources are incredibly fast.

Racedepartment download speeds have been abysmally slow for maybe a year. I downloaded a 423,492KB file a couple of days ago. Started around 3pm, and it completed at 7:33pm. I can download mods from other sites, many that are overseas, and most download in under a minute.

The problem is on Racedepartment's end.

Last edited:
Things like this always make me think that the modder must drive using chase cam, which then subsequently lowers my expectations about the physics.
Seems like the sound is taken from a much lower-revving car too - the engine audio cuts out way before the redline.
Hopefully this is an early WIP and improvements will come.

Last edited:
Things like this always make me think that the modder must drive using chase cam, which then subsequently lowers my expectations about the physics.
Seems like the sound is taken from a much lower-revving car too - the engine audio cuts out way before the redline.
Hopefully this is an early WIP and improvements will come.
He forgot to set the glass to transparent, easy doing under cmshowroom

He forgot to set the glass to transparent, easy doing under cmshowroom
I already tried that (and even via config) but neither worked. The problem runs deeper, it seems. I'm always surprised when modders don't notice this though. It's pretty hard to miss if you sit in the cockpit just once out on the track.

Release:
---------

BMW M1 Turbo Gr.5
View attachment 1206592

Converted From, Grid:Legends By F302
-Working Wipers (animated)
-Interior Light
-Sound: Porsche 917/30 Spyder (Only Place Holder Sound)
+ extension Folder ( refraction lights)
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE
Exhaust fix,overwrite when promted.

Screenshot_f302_bmw_m1_turbo_gr5_ascari_race_resort_7-10-122-20-30-18.jpg

Attachments

• content.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 16
Hi Mass

Without changing any parameters in the data.acd, i altered the texture itself. It´s closer to reality.
View attachment 1206571
I already have the right Stack Gauge. New update will come soon and i will add an optional extension config folder, wich could be used to replace the current extension config folder, for those who have problems with the refraction. 🙂
👌

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back