Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
it does way more than nothing. it reworks the tire heating model.
On what? This mod?
Certainly not on every car in a collection, its dependent on the modder adding that in I assumed?

Just quickly tried them, very quick single lap of Silverstone in each, very very good.

On what? This mod?
Certainly not on every car in a collection, its dependent on the modder adding that in I assumed?

Just quickly tried them, very quick single lap of Silverstone in each, very very good.
if you select extended physics, it unpacks the physics and adds it in. The modder has to do nothing. the new multipoint tire model JPG is working on also requires it.

if you select extended physics, it unpacks the physics and adds it in. The modder has to do nothing. the new multipoint tire model JPG is working on also requires it.
So it goes into each cars data and adds stuff to them. So when you deactivate it i guess it goes back in and removes those lines.... how does that work then with encrypted mods?
Any info on this I could look at?
Everything I've looked at so far says the modder has to add it in and many just do it for rain to make a car on wet tyres behave like its on ice, cause that's real.

I think you finally solved the mystery of which version I have. I must have the Tiago Lima version with the addons, although I disabled the train addons. There were times where the train was there as I crossed the track and I just ghosted right through it. Kind of broke the realism factor when that happened.

I've already started the process of adjusting things for the track. Since there is so many versions out there, is there a particular one that I should be using as the base version? I have the Reworked version looking like the original with regards to the texture detail and color. Like you, I also prefer the higher mountains of the original (just not quite that high). My sweet spot is somewhere between the Reworked mountain height and the original mountain height.

And as a first step in the process, could someone give this updated ai a try. I don't know about anyone else, but the ai for me is struggling on the final turn. Cars missing the turn completely, some ending up on the hillside. There is always trouble there. I didn't change the actual racing line. I just re-recorded the left and right sidelines to get them through the final turn better and also to keep them out of pitlane. The original right sideline had them racing through pitlane for some reason. These should work with any of the tracks based off the original Longford_67 track. Make sure to backup the existing ai folder before extracting these. Thanks...
Yes better AI for me, actually able to finish a race. Thanks 👍

With the newest CSP, i hit F8 for Screenshots and the game freezes complete...
anybody else?
nope, works fine

Screenshot_porsche_924_gtu_spa_30-12-122-17-24-20.jpg

Screenshot_porsche_924_gtu_spa_30-12-122-17-24-26.jpg

Screenshot_porsche_924_gtu_spa_30-12-122-17-24-35.jpg

Is it possible that a modder baked in extended physics for a mod car? I have extended physics turned of in CM but when I start rain in the new csp 180 version is becomes absolutely undrivable. With the kunos cars it's okay. The difference between the mod and kunos cars is massive. It's not a bad mod. It's the f355 from Gadu. I love it. Just not in the new rain.
So if they baked the extended physics in, anyway to disable it. Can't find anything related in ext config.

Is it possible that a modder baked in extended physics for a mod car? I have extended physics turned of in CM but when I start rain in the new csp 180 version is becomes absolutely undrivable. With the kunos cars it's okay. The difference between the mod and kunos cars is massive. It's not a bad mod. It's the f355 from Gadu. I love it. Just not in the new rain.
So if they baked the extended physics in, anyway to disable it. Can't find anything related in ext config.
I believe one of the features of p108 is you don’t need to have the extended physics box checked for enabled cars to have rain physics but I could be wrong, haven’t had a chance to try it out myself yet.

hey guys, i have a big problem since last csp..on a lot of tracks the cars fall into the ground as soon as they leave the track/road. Do you have any solution? And furthermore the cars start flipping a lot when they drive on a curb etc. On earlier vesions this was no problem. i already reinstallesd csp. thanks for help

I believe one of the features of p108 is you don’t need to have the extended physics box checked for enabled cars to have rain physics but I could be wrong, haven’t had a chance to try it out myself yet.
It sure feels like that. But the same effect happens in preview1. Anyway, I'm a complete fool because the car mod came with specific rain tires available. So, don't mind me... ;)

Two versions anyway, so even those on vanilla can use them. Extended physics is for rain I'm guessing and not everyone wants or thinks rain is that great. No way would they wipe out a bunch of customers from using it.
They actually use a lot of the extended features (tyres and aero, not so much suspension) so it's not just for rain

how good they actually implemented them is anyone's guess, vrc aren't really the best on the physics side lul

Last edited:
Could someone possibly figure out what i'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to edit the overhead map file on Longford to get rid of the red spots that don't look right in the off track areas. Kind of stand out like a sore thumb. So I mask out the red areas, do a hue adjustment and resave the file. For some reason it turns out like this when the only thing I changed were those couple of small red spots by the fence. Never had anything like this happen before and i'm stumped. I will say, it is a pretty big file (7000 x 7000), but I wouldn't think that would matter. And i'm saving it in the same format I have saved every track skin texture i've ever done.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

So it goes into each cars data and adds stuff to them. So when you deactivate it i guess it goes back in and removes those lines.... how does that work then with encrypted mods?
Any info on this I could look at?
Everything I've looked at so far says the modder has to add it in and many just do it for rain to make a car on wet tyres behave like its on ice, cause that's real.
if you activate it, watch your recycle bin. data files get dumped in it once it is through. Encrypted cars it wont work on. When VRC released their modern prototypes, I could not keep the temps and pressures where they needed to be. It was due to me using extended physics. You can go to the CSP discord and find all this out.

I haven't used AC very much lately and only jumped back in for the VRC touring cars.. but I have noticed the showroom doesn't show up as it did before and I cannot figure out what setting has changed!?!? All I get is this small window instead of the actual showroom. Any ideas why this happened?

Attachments

• Captured01.JPG
    Captured01.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 15
shi
Circuit Piddy v1.0

View attachment 1219346
Fictional circuit in Switzerland.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-36 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2 layouts (SH and SAH)

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Fredhot & Neel Jani
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for their work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Billboard textures by @Masscot
cameraman and textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @twobegreen

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Rainer Musch.

My God...what an absolutely fantastic circuit!

Not sure how this happened - or when - but my ks_praga_r1 file only contains the UI folder for some reason.
Would anyone be able to help me restore the missing files without my having to run an integrity check via Steam?
For some strange reason, this is the only car that's missing files as far as I know.
I'm grateful for any help that could be provided.

Last edited:
Lime Rock Mountain Update

This is just a small update to Lime Rock Mountain. It doesn't make any significant changes, but has one change that may benefit some people. Please delete your previous Lime Rock Mountain folder before extracting. Might be better to keep a backup copy of the previous version until you test this out.

-- Small texture tweaks to a few tree textures.
-- Reworked the .kn5 file to remove some things that I previously hid via the ext_config. The benefit of this is the track should now look\work properly for those that don't use CSP with a few missing features that can't be done without CSP. For those that use CSP, the track should be unchanged.
-- First draft of my attempt to fix some of the terrain issues, mainly the hillside on the top of the hill, but you may notice some other spots look better as well. Basically it's a little terrain merging and smoothing to create a more natural look.

Lime Rock Mountain v2

EDIT: Just discovered that this new version has poor performance if I turn off grassfx or run without CSP, which is weird. Going to have to figure out why. If you run into performance issues, you can download the previous version below that has the same small updates minus the new terrain.

Lime Rock Mountain v1.05
I just downloaded v2 from mega and the track says it is v1.03 in CM and I keep falling through the terrain in places.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back