Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Is it possible that a modder baked in extended physics for a mod car? I have extended physics turned of in CM but when I start rain in the new csp 180 version is becomes absolutely undrivable.
If you set
Code:
[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=1
in car.ini the car will use rain physics even if extended physics arent activated. That isnt a new feature of p108, already worked while I've created the files for our Procar. :)

The "undrivable" part on the other hand came up with p108 and is already reported, bc everything above wetness 40% is really undrivable.

Aston Martin Racing - LM Valvoline Livery #2

AMR_49_1.png

AMR_49_2.png

AMR_49_3.png

Happy New Year Greetings
download

Last edited:
Lam
Very exciting declaration from PM3DM

I do hope that PM3DM physics will be used in that case, because these VRC's (though looking nice enough) are no fun to drive. Seems like they took physics from i(ce)Racing... FFB (on my DD wheel) feels like all cars have totally worn out steering columns/parts...

EDIT: CSP and non CSP alike, which btw for some reason I need to keep all of them installed or they won't work... 🤔

Last edited:
Is the VRC Tourers mods only compatible with the patreon version 1.80 of csp???
As said before if you go into the CSP version cars car.ini file and change version 'extended -2' to '2' it loads into game with no discernible difference in feel at all as far as I can see.

I have liked the way AC feels for years I'm not sure i really want something that is changing its feel too much. OK 5 point tyre model great, but assetto competizione has that and i don't like driving in it, in fact I've done about 2 hours in few years of ownership.

For most I'd say 5 point tyre model is a gimmick and not very relevant for their use of the game. Not to mention the bugs anyway that pop up and come back and new ones come and go.
Not sure i can trust much more of this, especially this apparent "it adds lines to data file and deletes old stuff from data file" although i think that is made up anyway.

I keep trying new CSP's but always go back to 1.77 preview 1.

I do hope that PM3DM physics will be used in that case, because these VRC's (though looking nice enough) are no fun to drive. Seems like they took physics from i(ce)Racing... FFB (on my DD wheel) feels like all cars have totally worn out steering columns/parts...

EDIT: CSP and non CSP alike, which btw for some reason I need to keep all of them installed or they won't work... 🤔
Interestingly I found the VRC physics to be quite a decent reproduction. While I haven’t driven the Accord or Vectra in real life, I have raced both Mondeo and Primera Supertourers, and the VRC physics is about as good as I could have hoped for (with the Mondeo and the other two a level above the PM3DM Primera) - torque steer, the wacky corner weights of a transverse FWD that invariably puts more energy through one tyre, and the need to carefully manage the tyre warmup to get the most out of them over the whole race (rather than just one lap). If there was one aspect of the VRC cars (Mondeo in particular) I would love to see dialed up it’s the sound - the Mondeo lacks that kind of throaty sewing machine sound, and the straight-cut transmission whine that makes your ears bleed.

Edit: interesting note from one of the VRC guys in their Discord:
tyre management is a lot more crucial driving the CSP version. Similiar to the FA22. You need multiple laps before the cars reaches their max peak grip. If you start sliding the first 3 laps, well the tyre is pretty much gone and you can start all over

Last edited:
AI starts the race with different amounts of fuel(~15-95l), before the race they go through 15 minutes of training and 30 minutes of qualifying to calculate fuel, but in fact this does not happen. Is there a possibility to fix this?
Fuel consumption x1

Can't finish a couple of cars, talk about making a game.

Yeah that'll go down well.
Do you know how motivation works? I would imagine that Patrik CAN finish those cars because he has the skills to do so, but it's pretty obvious from his posts that he doesn't have the time or motivation to finish them. It's a completely different thing.
Perhaps people should try being less entitled about modders making them mods

Interestingly I found the VRC physics to be quite a decent reproduction. While I haven’t driven the Accord or Vectra in real life, I have raced both Mondeo and Primera Supertourers, and the VRC physics is about as good as I could have hoped for (with the Mondeo and the other two a level above the PM3DM Primera) - torque steer, the wacky corner weights of a transverse FWD that invariably puts more energy through one tyre, and the need to carefully manage the tyre warmup to get the most out of them over the whole race (rather than just one lap). If there was one aspect of the VRC cars (Mondeo in particular) I would love to see dialed up it’s the sound - the Mondeo lacks that kind of throaty sewing machine sound, and the straight-cut transmission whine that makes your ears bleed.

tyre management is a lot more crucial driving the CSP version. Similiar to the FA22. You need multiple laps before the cars reaches their max peak grip. If you start sliding the first 3 laps, well the tyre is pretty much gone and you can start all over
Interesting to read. Must admit that I have done only a couple of laps in all six cars yesterday (Brands Indy), driving like I would drive any FWD car in AC and it is totally different. The car (with softs well into temp window) would slide as on a dusty track and throttle correction always made the fronts spin immediately and produce tons of smoke, obviously without actually helping the car keeping on track.
Steering (FFB) feels pretty bad too as it is worn or taken from a historic car. My daily cars were mostly FWD's (Audi TT atm) and if the steering would feel like that, I'd instantly go to the workshop to get it fixed :lol:
Now, I have never raced supertourers, (only karts, cross cars and track days with all kinds of cars - RWD, AWD and FWD) but I have hardly missed watching BTCC races from that era. Never seen these cars act like these VRC's though.
I'll keep the note from VRC (missed that) in mind an d give them a try again, but as it is now, I really don't like the drive/feel.

AI starts the race with different amounts of fuel(~15-95l), before the race they go through 15 minutes of training and 30 minutes of qualifying to calculate fuel, but in fact this does not happen. Is there a possibility to fix this?
Fuel consumption x1
If a car has a fuel_cons.ini file in data folder, then it will always start (even in quick race) with the correct amount of fuel to finish the race. Because this file defines to the ai the amount of fuel, car burns on average per km. If the file does not exist, you can create iz yourself. Not at the rig now to give you the exact content of the file, but it's just two lines (you can copy a file from another car that has it, and change the value). You can go into car.ini and take the values there to then calculate the usage per km an write that info in the fuel_cons.ini. Or if you want a very accurate calculation, you go into a race, you can leave the ai to drive 3,4 laps and bring up fuel consumption widget to get the value of fuel used per lap and then calculate how much that is per km and write that into the said file.

The KN5's are only in the base version of each car. The lods.ini in the CSP version refers to the (base) parent, so if only the CSP version is installed, it will fail.

Indeed. But I wonder why VRC has chosen for this method. I'm struggling enough as it is to keep my car count within limits and having to keep 6 cars in stead of 3 isn't really helping.
100% mirrors my sentiment. Gratefully not encrypted, so I just went and fixed it like I want it.

If a car has a fuel_cons.ini file in data folder, then it will always start (even in quick race) with the correct amount of fuel to finish the race. Because this file defines to the ai the amount of fuel, car burns on average per km. If the file does not exist, you can create iz yourself. Not at the rig now to give you the exact content of the file, but it's just two lines (you can copy a file from another car that has it, and change the value). You can go into car.ini and take the values there to then calculate the usage per km an write that info in the fuel_cons.ini. Or if you want a very accurate calculation, you go into a race, you can leave the ai to drive 3,4 laps and bring up fuel consumption widget to get the value of fuel used per lap and then calculate how much that is per km and write that into the said file.
In all cars running AI there is a fuel_cons.ini file, dont understand why in this case, at the race start , everyone has an absolute different amount of fuel ..

On any track? Which cars?
I tested on several tracks (minimum 5). Cars from Kunos and mods: Mercedes C9, Porsche 962c, Mazda 787b, Lancia LC2, Jaguar XJR9, Nissan R89c, etc.
Here's what i noticed, if the number of laps is such that there would be enough fuel to go through the race without refueling, AI does the correct calculation of fuel, but if the number of laps is more (refueling will be needed), AI does not calculate the correct fuel.

Guys I have a problem :boggled:
Today I noticed the showroom (cm and vanilla) is really laggy. Usually I use "industrial" preset with 60 fps without any problem. Today it randomly started going at 12 fps. I haven't changed any settings... what can I do?

I tested on several tracks (minimum 5). Cars from Kunos and mods: Mercedes C9, Porsche 962c, Mazda 787b, Lancia LC2, Jaguar XJR9, Nissan R89c, etc.
Here's what i noticed, if the number of laps is such that there would be enough fuel to go through the race without refueling, AI does the correct calculation of fuel, but if the number of laps is more (refueling will be needed), AI does not calculate the correct fuel.
Ah, OK. I never drive such long races. This then seems like a bug. Don't have the answer sadly. Only way I see it fixed is to go inside every car data setup.ini and change default fuel amount.

Do you know how motivation works? I would imagine that Patrik CAN finish those cars because he has the skills to do so, but it's pretty obvious from his posts that he doesn't have the time or motivation to finish them. It's a completely different thing.
Perhaps people should try being less entitled about modders making them mods

Entitled ? Nah. But talking about a dedicated racing game when he has a track record of not finishing things, let me be skeptical a bit.

Doesn't have time or motivation, so be it. It happens. But don't start talking about other projects then.

Ah, OK. I never drive such long races. This then seems like a bug. Don't have the answer sadly. Only way I see it fixed is to go inside every car data setup.ini and change default fuel amount.
You probably meant the car.ini file, it contains default fuel values, unfortunately, AI ignores this. In any case, thanks for the tip for fuel_cons.ini, ill try to experiment.

The KN5's are only in the base version of each car. The lods.ini in the CSP version refers to the (base) parent, so if only the CSP version is installed, it will fail.
That's as easy as making each car not need a 'parent' via CSP.
I know you've already fixed it but was using your post as a marker.

I was thinking about the extended physics going into each car and removing or adding lines, and that encrypted cars it doesn't work on. So if that is true, which I'm doubting, then it works in direct conflict with allowing encryption.
I very much doubt Ilija would do that.

that cant be....csp extended physics only works to make the tires slide in the wet.

Nice. Quick question about the tires on this mod. Where do they compare to the standard racing tires in game ? Ie more or less grip than H, M, S, SS say
I'm pretty sure the tyres reverted to the originals after some experimentation with different compounds, so (like the physics) remain pretty much as per the original car albeit with minor tweaks, ie like hot glue on sandpaper in a treacle factory. So, probably, grippier than supersofts. Not sure how to quantify it though.
A MoTeC is coming in the next update, BTW.
edit: updated fonts and MoTeC badge, Littlebird logo added, best lap to 3 decimals.

1672506630901.jpeg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back