Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
well all you have to do is take a look in your recycle bin. everytime you load a car with extended physics checked, it creates a temporary data file that it uses. once you finish with that car, the temporary data file goes into the recycle bin. This is my recycle bin from today. I am through arguing as you seem stuck in your ways without knowing or even trying what I have suggested.
Not wanting to fuel any more arguments but I have never seen a temporary data.acd in my recycle bin after using extended physics so no idea what setting you have ticked for yours to do that. altho in all fairness the only time i've ticked the extended physics box is with the VRC Touring cars but I've driven them all quite a lot over the last day or so and not had any mystery ACD files in my bin 😁

Last edited:
Not wanting to fuel any more arguments but I have never seen a temporary data.acd in my recycle bin after using extended physics so no idea what setting you have ticked for yours to do that. altho in all fairness the only time i've ticked the extended physics box is with the VRC Touring cars but I've driven them all quite a lot over the last day or so and not had any mystery ACD files in my bin 😁
It is the box on the 'Drive' tab - 'Use extended physics (experimental)'. As far as I can tell, this only does something where the car DOES NOT have extended physics built in natively (which the VRC ERC cars do). If you check this box, CM/CSP injects some basic code into a temporary data.acd for that session only and deletes it on completion. That gives you the basics of CSP extended physics (wet grip, tyre heating [I think]), but not to the same extent where it has been specifically built in as part of the mod (where each element is customised to the particular car).

What you are likely seeing is no data.acd in your Recycle Bin because you've only ticked the box on a car that automatically has extended physics (ie; you don't need to tick that box to access it), and therefore CM/CSP doesn't need to generate the file.

It is the box on the 'Drive' tab - 'Use extended physics (experimental)'. As far as I can tell, this only does something where the car DOES NOT have extended physics built in natively (which the VRC ERC cars do). If you check this box, CM/CSP injects some basic code into a temporary data.acd for that session only and deletes it on completion. That gives you the basics of CSP extended physics (wet grip, tyre heating [I think]), but not to the same extent where it has been specifically built in as part of the mod (where each element is customised to the particular car).

What you are likely seeing is no data.acd in your Recycle Bin because you've only ticked the box on a car that automatically has extended physics (ie; you don't need to tick that box to access it), and therefore CM/CSP doesn't need to generate the file.
So way off doing a huge amount unless its rain then really. Unless the modder like VRC goes beyond that.... and if they do CSP doesn't change anything on that car.....ok. So non extended physics isn't missing much then? Although its easy enough to use if wanted.

Anyway..... this.

Making some good progress. Got the flags done except for a few of the marshall flags. One thing though, anyone know how to add wavy effects to the texture. Kind of hard to explain what I mean but the flags look kind of flat. The Spa flag textures I used had this wavy look to them. I didn't do them so I have no idea how that was achieved.

flags.jpg

Also got too fooling with one of the grass textures to change up the look. You've got the default dry look, a greenish look and a lush look. Probably need more saturation in the greens, but it's a nice change of pace so it doesn't always look so dried out. Got the idea from a picture @Fanapryde posted a few pages back of the real track. I was surprised at how green everything was in real life.

Default Dry:
dry.jpg

Greenish:
greenish.jpg

Lush:
lush.jpg

Happy New Year everyone...

Clarity. Thank you.

Hey there guys. Since everybody's talking about these new VRC touring cars, and how the 3DM ones are faster, could anybody suggest a ballast/restrictor setup to equalize the 3DM ones? I don't really feel like changing the data files. :P
It would be awesome if you would be kind enough to share this with the community, for those who have no clue how to do it themselves, or dont want to mess around with data files, since it wouldn't be sharing a paid mod, there wouldnt be a real issue, right?
+1 This. Haven't bought them yet but as the 3DM Volvo is on my list of favorite cars to drive, I would be interested in the VRC ones if we could BOP them with the 3DM ones.

Tried the "Car tuner" once, it didn't go well.

hello where can we get the original Renault Laguna BTCC mod to put your skins on it thank you

Making some good progress. Got the flags done except for a few of the marshall flags. One thing though, anyone know how to add wavy effects to the texture. Kind of hard to explain what I mean but the flags look kind of flat. The Spa flag textures I used had this wavy look to them. I didn't do them so I have no idea how that was achieved.

View attachment 1219794

Also got too fooling with one of the grass textures to change up the look. You've got the default dry look, a greenish look and a lush look. Probably need more saturation in the greens, but it's a nice change of pace so it doesn't always look so dried out. Got the idea from a picture @Fanapryde posted a few pages back of the real track. I was surprised at how green everything was in real life.

Default Dry:
View attachment 1219795

Greenish:
View attachment 1219796

Lush:
View attachment 1219797

Happy New Year everyone...
Looking good to have these choices. I guess the Tasman series in the 60s was held in the middle of Aussie summer whereas this gives us those options for the full year coverage.

Looking good to have these choices. I guess the Tasman series in the 60s was held in the middle of Aussie summer whereas this gives us those options for the full year coverage.
Yes the Tasman series was held in summer, usually when the F1 teams were in the off season, which was why the likes of Clark, Hill, Moss, Amon, Hulme, Mclaren & Brabham etc could come and race after the F1 series was finished, and often ex F1 machinery was sold in NZ rather than shipped back to Europe. The Lotus 49 first appeared in gold leaf colours in the 68 Tasman series in NZ.
Dont mistake Tasmania as having the same climate as the Aussie mainland. Tasmania is quite lush in comparison. If you check the latitude coordinates, Longford is at 41.5, where Christchurch NZ is at 43.5. 1 degree latitude is approx 69 miles. Having said that, some summers in Christchurch NZ can be just as dry as Australia.

Last edited:
Is anybody else experiencing severe framerete drops or frequent CSP crashes with the vanilla VRC touring cars? I.e the not CSP 1.8 optimized version.
I have had to make a lot of compromises to get a decent framerate with the new VRC touring cars in VR. It improved after I changed AI to the standard non-CSP variants (to avoid CPU hit from all the extra calcs needed for extended physics) but unless I drop a lot of settings, I still get huge FPS drops and stutters.

Looks like there is a fair bit of optimisation that could be done still. I did a quick comparison between the Mando and VRCs Bradley as well as the Nissan PM3DM car out of interest...

That seems to be a lot of triangles in LOD A?

Attachments

• VRC comparison.JPG
    VRC comparison.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 16
So way off doing a huge amount unless its rain then really. Unless the modder like VRC goes beyond that.... and if they do CSP doesn't change anything on that car.....ok. So non extended physics isn't missing much then? Although its easy enough to use if wanted.

Anyway..... this.

I'm kinda getting BeamNG vibes from this. Pretty intrigued by how you managed to work the physics so your vehicle doesn't basically kill itself every time you land a jump tho - AC is notorious for not handling those landings very well.

oh dude, new VRC Supertourer are a drifters cars, holy ****, and they are bad optimized :confused:
For me, they're rather too heavy for me while steering, besides not having any ABS system and always having a tendency to snap understeer while breaking heavly (which I do remark it's something they've nailed with I presume since I did check videos of those cars on YouTube from real races)

2006 Super GT Beta Released for the Public

Thanks for that - just downloaded and immediately jumped into a race against 16 AI in VR. As Masscot says, there's definitely some work needed on LODs and stuff but I thoroughly enjoyed myself and got better performance (fps) out of these compared to the VRC touring cars!

Thanks for that - just downloaded and immediately jumped into a race against 16 AI in VR. As Masscot says, there's definitely some work needed on LODs and stuff but I thoroughly enjoyed myself and got better performance (fps) out of these compared to the VRC touring cars!
The NSX driver animation is currently a right mess (karate chopping the gearstick?) but the other two cars can be improved with these values in data/driver3d.ini

Code:
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=300
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=300
PRELOAD_RPM=9950
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1
It's beyond me why anyone ever thinks a blend time greater than 100 is a good idea. It's like the driver can't make up his mind whether to shift or not.
The animations in all of these cars are quite janky, to be honest. The shifting and the wiper animations are all quite stuttery, as if more animation frames are needed to smooth them out.
Rather spoils the experience in VR, I'm afraid.

Happy new year to everyone guys.

I wanted to ask you, since the latest 2 updates of CSP including the latest released yesterday (the preview version with rainfx) the dpad of my steering wheel stopped working properly in setup before race\hotlap start, with the indicator going back when I move it is it a setting that I missed to activate? Also one more thing, when I drive in interior camera I experience a strong blur effect at high speed, disabling motion blur in both video settings and extra fx doesn't help, the effect is still there, do you know why?

Just throwing these out there for my Spa Vintage tracks. They are optional VAOs you can try. They seem to give the shadows a little more depth, especially the treewalls. Or maybe it's a placebo effect. The originals are included so you can quickly rename them to go back to what they were. Original track post has been updated to include a link to these if you ever need to download the tracks again.

Spa Vintage VAOs

Happy New Year everyone! :cheers:

I've been busy this past month at Pescara 57 still working on buildings.

Me: "Remember when I promised not to do buildings along the straights?"
- "That's right Italotracks - you did!"
Me: - "I LIED!!"

(Sorry I watched Commando last night.)

I've done some of the more distinctive, seemingly period buildings that line the loooong straights from Cappelle Sul Tavo to Montesilvano, and from the latter along the coast to Pescara. Too distinctive to leave out, most definitely.
Just hit number 250 - a quarter of a thousand unique buildings - windows, balconies all cut out etc, extreme tedium and well over a year spent on them! My brain can't take much more, but thankfully I'm nearly finished with them.. :dunce:

grab1.jpg
grab2.jpg
grab3.jpg

So hopefully when I next write, it might be to show you progress on something else! :D

Happy New Year everyone! :cheers:

I've been busy this past month at Pescara 57 still working on buildings.

Me: "Remember when I promised not to do buildings along the straights?"
- "That's right Italotracks - you did!"
Me: - "I LIED!!"

(Sorry I watched Commando last night.)

I've done some of the more distinctive, seemingly period buildings that line the loooong straights from Cappelle Sul Tavo to Montesilvano, and from the latter along the coast to Pescara. Too distinctive to leave out, most definitely.
Just hit number 250 - a quarter of a thousand unique buildings - windows, balconies all cut out etc, extreme tedium and well over a year spent on them! My brain can't take much more, but thankfully I'm nearly finished with them.. :dunce:

View attachment 1219838View attachment 1219839View attachment 1219840

So hopefully when I next write, it might be to show you progress on something else! :D

Amazing stuff, loving the dedication! Have you already done (modelled) the 'generic' buildings you mentioned using for the ones further back from the road?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back