Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
Has anyone here figured out how to BoP the VRC Tourers to the PM3DM ones via physics yet?

I can't seem to find the source of the 1.5 - 2 secs difference in pace. It's not just the tyres, although the PM3DM ones are slightly faster. It's not the aero, it's not weight or power and it's not a nuance like shift speed or brake power and I can't get it through setup.
If you make all these elements equal (not setup obv), the gap shortens somewhat but still remains. I can't figure out where the PM3DM cars are finding that extra time, and I'd prefer to bring the VRC cars up to pace rather than slow the PM3DM ones down since they're nearly spot on to real life lap times for me.
It's ride height and tyre behaviour. I had the exact same issue and I think it's mid corner speed brought on by the variance in tyre parametres and ride height. Not to mention the braking efficiency brought on by grippier tyres that heat up significantly quicker.

With all the work that'll need doing to bring the VRC ones closer to the PM3DM, you're better off going the other way due to the sheer number of LUT files included with the VRC ones.

Last edited:
It's ride height and tyre behaviour. I had the exact same issue and I think it's mid corner speed brought on by the variance in tyre parametres and ride height. Not to mention the braking efficiency brought on by grippier tyres that heat up significantly quicker.

With all the work that'll need doing to bring the VRC ones closer to the PM3DM, you're better off going the other way due to the sheer number of LUT files included with the VRC ones.
I forgot to mention ride height but I did actually fix that too which did help. The VRC min height of 55mm is wrong to the regs anyway. That, the Michelin Pilot tyres, a slight increase in power up to PM3DM levels and I'm only half a second or so away, just can't find that last little bit.
Wondering if it's the inertia values or something. I remember I had to fudge them a bit on the Shaun Clarke cavalier because I was having the same problem

I forgot to mention ride height but I did actually fix that too which did help. The VRC min height of 55mm is wrong to the regs anyway. That, the Michelin Pilot tyres, a slight increase in power up to PM3DM levels and I'm only half a second or so away, just can't find that last little bit.
Wondering if it's the inertia values or something. I remember I had to fudge them a bit on the Shaun Clarke cavalier because I was having the same problem
Unfortunately having not gone in the direction you have with these, my advice may not be helpful.

You could potentially look at the brakes.ini file and amend the braking force of the VRC cars. I did glance at this and saw that there is a torque difference of around 650. Reducing this might help stabilise the car even more during the braking-corner entry phase meaning you could carry more speed. Might make up the difference.

Last edited:
preview.jpg

Another non-SD Super Tourer to add to the collection - The Mondeo Mk I.
Physics are surprisingly good, at least much better than F302 converts. Credit goes to N&F Modders discord group.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I see that the free car mods for Assetto Corsa have improved a lot in quality, visual effects, animations, lights, dashboard, etc... some better and more detailed than the original Kunos models, it's impressive!

The community is amazing and I am so grateful for all the fantastic mods that have been released lately.

However, not all mods, I would even say, most, do not have the same quality with regard to the technical specifications of the vehicle. Even in the most basic elements, such as the weight, or the power curve, which results in performances that are quite different from the real thing.

For me to get a performance close to the real model is very important, as much or more than the visual aspect... that's why I started to adjust the data files of almost all the mods to be able to obtain models closer to real and also comparable to each other, which implies using similar criteria in establishing the technical parameters.

I decided to start making the result of my work available to the community.

So, here is my first work!
PORSCHE 959 - 1987
View attachment 1220338
"When it was introduced, the twin-turbocharged 959 was the world's fastest street-legal production car, boasting a top speed of 195 miles per hour (314 km/h).
During its production run it was hailed as the most technologically advanced road-going sports car ever built, and forerunner of all future super cars."

It's certainly not perfect, but it's much more real and guarantees greater consistency between different mods, from different authors.

Your comments and support will be greatly appreciated.

Hope you like and enjoy!

You should put correct inertia of the car, that affects a lot to handling ; now it's over a meter too long and only 1.2 meters wide. That thing is really too usual problem in many mods.

View attachment 1220359

Another non-SD Super Tourer to add to the collection - The Mondeo Mk I.
Physics are surprisingly good, at least much better than F302 converts. Credit goes to N&F Modders discord group.

I downloaded this the other day, have not yet had the chance to give it a go.

Re-inspecting the model in CM Showroom, does your also have 2 calipers either side of the front rotor, both on the left and right side of the car?

1672754216334.png

Looking at media online, can't see this on the car IRL

1672754324547.png

Last edited:
RE: Super Touring Cars - I remember I´ve had a BMW 320i STW (NOT the one from PM3DM) on my SDD, with a proper interior and rollcage, where even the skins for the PM3DM car from Racedepartment would have fit, but I deleted it some time ago. Does anybody maybe know the source where this car had came from? I only find the PM3DM by searching but would rather use that one for grid filling.

I downloaded this the other day, have not yet had the chance to give it a go.

Re-inspecting the model in CM Showroom, does your also have 2 calipers either side of the front rotor, both on the left and right side of the car?

View attachment 1220360

Looking at media online, can't see this on the car IRL

View attachment 1220364
Yes it does, it also seems intentional but I have no idea why they've done it. Couldn't find a single photo that shows it

RE: Super Touring Cars - I remember I´ve had a BMW 320i STW (NOT the one from PM3DM) on my SDD, with a proper interior and rollcage, where even the skins for the PM3DM car from Racedepartment would have fit, but I deleted it some time ago. Does anybody maybe know the source where this car had came from? I only find the PM3DM by searching but would rather use that one for grid filling.
Someone in the PM3DM RD thread made a personal edit to the car to finish the interior. Think it got shared about a bit. Would explain why the 'official' skins fit the one you had

It I believe would be the be_modding version, while back when they were kicking off about people uploading their mods here I mentioned that it was the PM3DM one with spoilers removed so they should calm down a bit, and they then claimed they had permission. That is why the skins fit.
Sadly i deleted it a while back too, didn't even register it has a roll cage.

Also the Volvo by PM3DM has double calliper's on front also so guess its normal?

It I believe would be the be_modding version, while back when they were kicking off about people uploading their mods here I mentioned that it was the PM3DM one with spoilers removed so they should calm down a bit, and they then claimed they had permission. That is why the skins fit.
Sadly i deleted it a while back too, didn't even register it has a roll cage.

Also the Volvo by PM3DM has double calliper's on front also so guess its normal?
I never noticed that about the model used.

On page one of https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/pm3dm-super-touring-cars.144486/ there is a video of the Volvo from '98 on stilts () which shows it as only having a single caliper. The car details for the PM3DM one lists it as 1999 but I'm struggling to find a picture of this car, stationary, where it's also stated that it's a '99 chassis.

1672756556596.png

Yes it does, it also seems intentional but I have no idea why they've done it. Couldn't find a single photo that shows it

Someone in the PM3DM RD thread made a personal edit to the car to finish the interior. Think it got shared about a bit. Would explain why the 'official' skins fit the one you had
Damn. I remember that I downloaded it from a site like assettoworld or similar but cannot remember exactly, at least I don´t find the original source. A pity.

I never noticed that about the model used.

On page one of https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/pm3dm-super-touring-cars.144486/ there is a video of the Volvo from '98 on stilts () which shows it as only having a single caliper. The car details for the PM3DM one lists it as 1999 but I'm struggling to find a picture of this car, stationary, where it's also stated that it's a '99 chassis.

View attachment 1220365

Yep its odd then. I don't know enough about the tech side of it. Maybe it shouldn't be there? Maybe that Mondeo is using some of this mod?

Screenshot_pm3dm_volvo_s40_btcc_rt_oulton_park_27-10-122-0-54-51.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking of buying a gaming PC in order to have some more racing simulations to play than on my PS5. One of my reasons for that is surely AC. I loved the mods for GTR2 back then and wasted a lot of time to rebuild some championships.
Exactly that would be possible in AC. But what is scaring my off a bit is the AI. I will drive only against the computer and the main feedback is that the AI is pretty bad overall. I'm hearing that most of the time the leader is driving away at the front and the cars behind you are only driving their paths without trying to overtake.
I've found out, that ~5 years ago a new AI update has arrived, which has improved the AIs.
Is it really that bad today? Can you recommend it? Are they any mods which improves the racing against the AI?

I know that there are some newer racing simulations with a good AI (e.g. ACC, RF2, AMS2) but I think I will love the ability to use those mods.

I write only 2 words for F302 physics: Alfa155 RWD....... :confused:

(or it was 4wd in real life?)
DTM was AWD, BTCC one was FWD.
I've not played Raceroom in ages but i remember thinking a while back that for me that did the FWD feel the best out of any sim.
FWD is a tricky beast to get right in sims.
A bunch are good though in AC. I liked the VRC tourers when i tried them though, seemed about right and felt ok along with he FFB.

Again like with everything AC these days so many variables that people could be using, something could be borking them for some.
Having said that for VRC to rock along after doing RWD and nail FWD super tourer in the first cut would be pretty amazing, so i'll guess some tweaks will be forth coming.

Maybe this one? But this is really old.

Someone asked for it on RD but I don't feel like releasing it there as it's not very realistic lol.

Selleslagh Racing Mondeo - BELCAR 2001.

Made a mix between the 2001 and 2002 car due to the lack of reference pics.

__custom_showroom_1672761455.jpg

__custom_showroom_1672761461.jpg

For reference this is the car :

belcar1.png

So I mixed it with this :

belcar2.png

Not very realistic but sod it.

DTM was AWD, BTCC one was FWD.
Yeah, I thought too. But I found something in the 1994 homologation paper (page3), which is disturb me. (In the 1995 homologation paper it is not in.)

I tried to search for infos, I only found that the homologation based on the "155 Silverstone" edition. It is hard to find, but I think only the Q4 has 4WD for street. And the Silverstone edition was FWD.

(But RWD behaviour is definatelly wrong for the physics of the F302's car.)

Ohhh... And don't forget the 155 GTA which was run in the Italian Supertourismo Championship (CIVT) in 1992, it was 4WD too!

Last edited:
You should put correct inertia of the car, that affects a lot to handling ; now it's over a meter too long and only 1.2 meters wide. That thing is really too usual problem in many mods.
You're right, I didn't adjust that parameter. I will update as soon as possible.

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback!

What??? those can be found in autocatalog page usually, and my friend google can help a lot.
Inertia is linked to the mass of the car, and as far as I know, there is no parameter for the correct distribution of the mass by the cubic area of the vehicle, so the values must be assigned depending on the area where the bulk of the mass is located, that is, values in general 10-15% smaller than the external measurements of the vehicle.

Yeah, I thought too. But I found something in the 1994 homologation paper (page3), which is disturb me. (In the 1995 homologation paper it is not in.)

I tried to search for infos, I only found that the homologation based on the "155 Silverstone" edition. It is hard to find, but I think only the Q4 has 4WD for street. And the Silverstone edition was FWD.

(But RWD behaviour is definatelly wrong for the physics of the F302's car.)

Ohhh... And don't forget the 155 GTA which was run in the Italian Supertourismo Championship (CIVT) in 1992, it was 4WD too!
The BTCC 155 was based on the road version 155 'silverstone' which came with attachable front lip spoiler and rear spoiler even with some extensions to make the rear spoiler higher...
Point of this was very evident in the first race as the Alfas destroyed the competition.
Much moaning later and they had to remove them.... Further reading is a must, really interesting story.

I'm thinking of buying a gaming PC in order to have some more racing simulations to play than on my PS5. One of my reasons for that is surely AC. I loved the mods for GTR2 back then and wasted a lot of time to rebuild some championships.
Exactly that would be possible in AC. But what is scaring my off a bit is the AI. I will drive only against the computer and the main feedback is that the AI is pretty bad overall. I'm hearing that most of the time the leader is driving away at the front and the cars behind you are only driving their paths without trying to overtake.
I've found out, that ~5 years ago a new AI update has arrived, which has improved the AIs.
Is it really that bad today? Can you recommend it? Are they any mods which improves the racing against the AI?

I know that there are some newer racing simulations with a good AI (e.g. ACC, RF2, AMS2) but I think I will love the ability to use those mods.
Hi yes the AI which was updated by the end of 2017 is massive improved.

If you set up und the AI correct and use Tracks with AI lines not older than end 2017, you can have a blast Racing against AI.

I see no other Sims providing much better AI racing.

For example using Open wheelers or lmp or other very fast Cars do use aggressivnes no more than 75 while driving very fast traccs like lemans or road america go even less.

Using touring Cars you can go up to 85-95 for example.
This can provide great battles even between the AI

But everything is also Mod or car spec depending.

I always have set the Variety at 1 to have close racing.

The AI strenght is a personal thing which you Must find out yourself.

For example the VRC CARTs are already hard at 90% while slower cars (most tourers or Vintage) are challanging at 98-100%

I already have about 55 created Championships and 3000h done racing AI

Last edited:
What??? those can be found in autocatalog page usually, and my friend google can help a lot.
No, inertia values are not the car dimensions. It's the total sprung inertia of the car (which is generally smaller than the car dimensions). Marneus_boss is right, it is not a simple thing to find out

Putting in the car dimensions as a start is better than those mods that have like super huge inertia boxes (especially those poor drift mods). But it is not the correct values

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back