Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
If anyone could make, find or convert my first 'hot hatch' I would actually love you forever

Vauxhall, or the incorrect way, Opel...Astra GTE 16v with the most important part......digital dash!

Loved this car

43675692.jpg

Attachments

• Throwback-Review-Vauxhall-Astra-Mk2-GTE-16V-e1545520433246.jpg
    Throwback-Review-Vauxhall-Astra-Mk2-GTE-16V-e1545520433246.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 18
You probably bought the Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Cup, which will receive its update very soon. The Cup car was offered with skins from 1993 Carrera Cup France skins and the BPR packs contain the skins for the Cup cars which raced in BPR.
The skins shown above are for the Porsche 964 Carrera RSR 3.8 which is a different car.
i bought this https://zoffty.gumroad.com/l/AC_964_CarreraCup_Mod?layout=profile
can you give me the link of your version?

I have an issue that has reared it's ugly head again. Well I say reared, more like stretched.

When I look behind me from cockpit view, the Ai drivers head/helmet will stretch and protrude outside of their cockpit. I had the problem a while back but cannot remember how it was resolved.

Do your thing Assetto hive mind and stop me crashing out because I can't stop looking at them.
I have also the same issue and find out that it comes from the right stick of my pad (try by moving it in rear view)...but did not know how to resolve it.

If anyone could make, find or convert my first 'hot hatch' I would actually love you forever

Vauxhall, or the incorrect way, Opel...Astra GTE 16v with the most important part......digital dash!

Loved this car

View attachment 1257464
While your waiting fot your mod, you can try this car in the meantime. It is a Rallye version and not perfect, but better than nothing. Assettorally also has a Opel Kadett E: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/gra

1684415164955.png

Hello everyone,
has anyone already tested the Alfa Romeo Giulia SWB GT3pro v0.8 from LP Design ? I am using latest version of CM with Pure 180 and CSP 0.180 preview 218 or 115 or 108 and the car does not run on launch. (with just CSP 0.179 public version same problem)
I have about 800GB of mods in the game with recent and old mods I never had this problem.
Can you tell me if it works for you and what settings you have ? so that I can solve the problem in my CM. THANK YOU

View attachment 1257456

View attachment 1257457

and if I choose "yes" :

View attachment 1257459

View attachment 1257461
I say as you've paid for it, ask them on patreon, it should be in their interests to make sure is functioning within all the myriad of options and settings and CSP numbers.

Subida Al Garbi Hillclimb Spain - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-hungary-slovenia-serbia

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX

• With track skin for grass.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• Subida_Al_Garbi.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 10
I have also the same issue and find out that it comes from the right stick of my pad (try by moving it in rear view)...but did not know how to resolve it.
That's a good clue although I do not have a pad connected when this occurs but it maybe points to something in CM. I'll let you know if I find anything. Thanks.

Last edited:
Great tool, thanks for posting it. Works exactly like it says on the tin.
Downside, it's not taking transmission loss into account atm, so 13-15% optimistic.
For me, this is not a downside.
In the ui, I just use whp instead of bhp and Nm* instead of Nm and CM's analysing tool is happy.
Depending of the car, I may add a negative turbo, like max_boost = -0.1

Btw, if you need the tool to take into account 14% loss, use this new one:
Code:
torque_fix := 0.86

Loop
{
    ClipWait
    t := ""
    Try t := WinGetTitle("A")
    if InStr(t, "Horsepower/Torque Curve")
    {
    RegExReplace(A_Clipboard, "(\d+)\srpm\:\s+([\d.]+)\s.+(?CCallout)")
        if t and t != A_Clipboard
            A_Clipboard := t
    }
}

Callout(m, *) {
Global t
    t .= m[1] "|" Format("{:.1f}", m[2] * torque_fix) "`n"
    return 0
}

if you change torque_fix, you need to reload the script via the green icon in the systray.

Last edited:
Hi all!!

I would try 406 BTCC but I've a problem with the height of the car. Even taking it to the maximum, the problem remains at the front.

Any suggestion? Thanks...

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
for me, disabling extended physics on the dive tab usually fixes the „race cancelled“ problem for a specific car. i feel like in older csp versions, cars that didn‘t support extended physics were handled more gracefully whereas now the game just crashes.
Thanks, but that's not what's causing the current issue. I've got extended physics turned off and it still happens.

For me, this is not a downside.
In the ui, I just use whp instead of bhp and Nm* instead of Nm and CM's analysing tool is happy.
Depending of the car, I may add a negative turbo, like max_boost = -0.1

Btw, if you need the tool to take into account 14% loss, use this new one:
Code:
torque_fix := 0.86

Loop
{
    ClipWait
    Try t := WinGetTitle("A")
    if InStr(t, "Horsepower/Torque Curve")
    {
    RegExReplace(A_Clipboard, "(\d+)\srpm\:\s+([\d.]+)\s.+(?CCallout)")
        if t and t != A_Clipboard
            A_Clipboard := t
    }
}

Callout(m, *) {
Global t
    t .= m[1] "|" Format("{:.1f}", m[2] * torque_fix) "`n"
    return 0
}

if you change torque_fix, you need to reload the script via the green icon in the systray.
OK, now this is service with a smile.
Thank you. :cheers:

Last edited:
I was getting that same issue a few days ago, after I tried fixing the ppfilter resetting to default ppfilter, but as mysteriously as it appeared, it disappeared I haven't done any changes to settings after getting the ppfilter to not reset to default, so nothing I am saying can offer help, other than to let you know, it isnt just you. There seems to be alot of bugs in this recent CSP, but isnt that the point, for Ilja to keep improving things. Frustrating for the end user though.
I was getting the same issue too and seemed to notice it was happening whenever I used the new preview with CSP option. Still not definitive though as I tried this yesterday and then checked the settings after making some previews and it was back to the right filter, but the filter was recently updated so it may need have something to do with that.

Please shout loudly if you somehow find a solution. It's extremely annoying.
Might be not related, but I usually get a "race cancelled" without any other form of warning when CM can't launch AC because Steam is waiting an update. That means shutting down Steam the hard core way, in the running process, starting it back again, letting it update itself and voila, problem solved. It happens very randomly, sometimes several times a week, sometimes nothing in months. It mainly depends if Steam does his updates correctly or not :sly:

Hello to all ✋. I have a rather ambitious question/concept idea. I race a lot of "street" non-modified cars and I have been pondering how to create a "Performance Index" in Assetto Corsa similar to games like Forza or Gran Turismo. I have looked for similar IRL Performance Index's and there doesn't seem to be much as far as a general "Go-to" PI for stock production cars. I started making classes f-a and s1-r1 but it's kind of lack luster and tedious. Essentially if anybody has any advice towards a good approach it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!

Guys, need some help please with latest Porsche 911 GT3 by Dan Bucsa. The driver model sticks its hands out of the window when on-track, see screenshot. In CM showroom it is fine though. Is someone able to fix this? Not a big deal for sure but ran out of knowledge how-to.

Here´s the car´s link:

https://mega.nz/file/mrZmyRQa#RA8c6kzum4OZwaAF5FGh23eEXXbhDeeJYVUjdB2iXeQ

encryption key for mega:
RA8c6kzum4OZwaAF5FGh23eEXXbhDeeJYVUjdB2iXeQ

View attachment 1257275

Thank you!
Delete the following lines of text in the ext_config.ini file located in the extension folder:
[Material_Leather]
Materials = RT_DriverSuit, RT_Gloves
Brightness Adjustment = 0.3
ColorSource = DIFFUSE
DetailNormalBlend = 1

Barcelos Rally Portugal - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-hungary-slovenia-serbia

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX

snap.jpg

Attachments

• Rally Barcelos Portugal.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
Hello to all ✋. I have a rather ambitious question/concept idea. I race a lot of "street" non-modified cars and I have been pondering how to create a "Performance Index" in Assetto Corsa similar to games like Forza or Gran Turismo. I have looked for similar IRL Performance Index's and there doesn't seem to be much as far as a general "Go-to" PI for stock production cars. I started making classes f-a and s1-r1 but it's kind of lack luster and tedious. Essentially if anybody has any advice towards a good approach it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!
Using P/W ratio could be the way to go ; and it is already calculated by CM.

@Young78 I think I've found what the problem was, and thankfully I don't think it's anything car-specific.
This box was ticked in ...settings/content manager/drive:

View attachment 1257423
No idea why, I've never knowingly ticked it. But since unticking it I can now drive your car without it crashing AC after a few minutes.
Also, no idea why only your car (and a few select others) were affected.

Anyway, if anyone else is getting random crashes, have a look at this setting. It might help.

Now if only I could work out why I get 'race cancelled' every time I try a new car/track combo, and have to try again for it to work.
Thanks for the info! I will check this setting so.
Maybe its physics has issues.
I have got a good physics from "vr dring" who can make believable physics.
I will share to you all updated version this weekend.
Thank you.

Barcelos Rally Portugal - rain and grass and vao and so on...

View attachment 1257587
hey, since I've seen that you like rally and you've been working on grass FX and things, maybe you like the reworks I've done to some of the track from that site, I've added pitboxes to some of them:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CIhhT8r468gPrRQUXKQe4JX6_-On7REk?usp=share_link ...maybe we can make some kind of championship or something? I thought about that before, but i haven't been able to open ports on my stupid router

I was getting the same issue too and seemed to notice it was happening whenever I used the new preview with CSP option. Still not definitive though as I tried this yesterday and then checked the settings after making some previews and it was back to the right filter, but the filter was recently updated so it may need have something to do with that.
Interesting. I haven't updated any filter since the new csp preview, and setting to default playing hame, shut down pc restart reselect pure filter and same procedure seems to have cured it.
I don't have auto updates so don't think.it was a filter update as none were installed

Is there a means to correct the height of the suspension? I am a R34 GT-R fan (thanks to GT 1). The R34 Z-Tune by RWB Bansky Kai sits a bit high in the wheel wells both on track and in the images. I'd like to lower it a bit more without causing the car to bottom out.
1684458147092.jpeg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back