Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,907 comments
Now the version of the Ferrari 312B2/South Africa is more correct. I was able to open a file of that version.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1684603719.png
    __custom_showroom_1684603719.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 15
  • __custom_showroom_1684603728.png
    __custom_showroom_1684603728.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1684603752.png
    __custom_showroom_1684603752.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 12
  • __custom_showroom_1684603760.png
    __custom_showroom_1684603760.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
  • __custom_showroom_1684603780.png
    __custom_showroom_1684603780.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 15
  • __custom_showroom_1684603787.png
    __custom_showroom_1684603787.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 15
I just bought the GTM pack from RSS and while I don't want to be too much of a nitpicker over a quasi-"fictional"/lookalike mod's creative license, am I missing something or do the Bayro (BMW M6 GT3) and Lanzo (Huracan GT3 Evo) have front bumpers that are noticeably different from their real-world versions?

...Ay caramba!
I sent all this cars to the LODless limbo, where drivers ride without shoes and every track ends in a chasm..
Well, is true, no LOD's... but I'm having such a good time in Bathurst that I don't care about that little detail (nor the fact that the steering wheel is on the wrong side on many of those cars 😁)... and I've only tested the Starion and the Datsun 1200... Thanks, @MasterFocus!

Last edited:
Well, is true, no LOD's... but I'm having such a good time in Bathurst that I don't care about that little detail (nor the fact that the steering wheel is on the wrong side on many of those cars 😁)... and I've only tested the Starion and the Datsun 1200... Thanks, @MasterFocus!
Oh, I believe you. Innocence is sweet.
But huge grids will offer you even better fun, that's why LODs are no little detail.
And there's Velo's Starion too, optimized and with MisterWaffles tweak to push against RJE's atcc92 trio.

It's just the idea of gathering +50 cars, skins, whatever and then leave out LODs that it's meh.
Always better than those ridicolous bopped Patreon packages with tons of horrible looking gt1 cars like the old Marcos mods, masochist tendencies probably.

Updated Version(v1.1) is released.
Please, Re-Downloading gentlemans

Ferrari 308 GTB(v1.1) by F40 LM Lover

It is Required CSP 1.76 or above Version.

Change Logs

1. Physics Update by VR Driving.
- Thank you to him!
2. Driver's Animations are Updated and Fixed.
3. Little bit Optimized.
4. AI's Pitting Issues are fixed.
5. Front Radiator Fans are Rotating now.
6. New Download link is in the video.

Thank You!

Absolute stunning mod, fantastic work

Oh, I believe you. Innocence is sweet.
But huge grids will offer you even better fun, that's why LODs are no little detail.
And there's Velo's Starion too, optimized and with MisterWaffles tweak to push against RJE's atcc92 trio.

It's just the idea of gathering +50 cars, skins, whatever and then leave out LODs that it's meh.
Always better than those ridicolous bopped Patreon packages with tons of horrible looking gt1 cars like the old Marcos mods, masochist tendencies probably.
Problem is that the LOD maker on CSP is in some cases worse than no lods, but so long as they are there people feel better.
I'm pretty sure that Legion has said stuff about this, doing lods the old skool proper way is fine, but that CSP lods thing EASY uses, almost pointless.
Any half decent PC will chomp up any large grids pretty much in 2D mode at least, lods or no lods, certainly i rarely have any issues.

Steering is always on the right it's the rest of the world that's got it wrong. :)

Gentlemen I need your help, thank you. A few days ago I had to reinstall CSP after unsuccessfully trying to make it rain, and since then the brake light generates a trail. I have tried to make changes in CSP but I can't find the solution. Some insight from the experts.
View attachment 1254269

Where to download this skin?

As temporary fix I deleted the collision for this kerb
How can you do that?

Problem is that the LOD maker on CSP is in some cases worse than no lods, but so long as they are there people feel better.
I'm pretty sure that Legion has said stuff about this, doing lods the old skool proper way is fine, but that CSP lods thing EASY uses, almost pointless.
Any half decent PC will chomp up any large grids pretty much in 2D mode at least, lods or no lods, certainly i rarely have any issues.
To me is more a case of modders wanting to feel better without doing the proper work of separating models' parts efficiently.
Tons of cars have a single object that includes stuff like pedals, gearshift, fire extinguisher, the entire dashboard and even exterior parts and that is what messes up the LOD generator, which is not the smartest tool in the industry, but at least it gets the ball rolling.

Legion is a cool guy but guess what, old school LODdding depends on decently separated models' parts too.
It's a little bleak to have all the hot new CSP bloat-o-rama of shiny stuff and being forced to stay 24/7 in our cockpit view.

Again, hats off to the modders, no doubts about that. I ain't one so I'm probably yelling at clouds.
But guidelines are there for a reason, just sayin'.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Taking another stab at the Goodwood grass. Could use an opinion or two. Does the grass in these two pics look right? Too green? Too saturated? Too bright? Any thoughts are welcome.

View attachment 1258194

View attachment 1258195
Isn't it a little pointless throwing these grass colours out for random opinions from random people with random settings on random hardware? This isn't a focus group under controlled conditions using calibrated images, and even if it was you're only getting opinions from anyone who bothers to answer. You've identified grass that you think needs improvement based on your settings, so surely you need to change it to suit your own preferences and judgement. People can then try it, and if they like it, keep it. If you adjust it to suit a random stranger and not what YOU want then I'm not sure why you're doing it in the first place. Maybe just trust your own judgement, then you know it's 100% right for you.

Taking another stab at the Goodwood grass. Could use an opinion or two. Does the grass in these two pics look right? Too green? Too saturated? Too bright? Any thoughts are welcome.

View attachment 1258194

View attachment 1258195
looking good. imo it would be good, if there would be more difference of grass and trees. trees a little bit darker and grass is realy nice now.
1684656167448.png

Maybe the bright stripes of the grass could be a little bit brighter then.

Surely you arent playing in VR with 3k per eye, in this case, you would understad how important are the lods.

Isn't it a little pointless throwing these grass colours out for random opinions from random people with random settings on random hardware? This isn't a focus group under controlled conditions using calibrated images, and even if it was you're only getting opinions from anyone who bothers to answer. You've identified grass that you think needs improvement based on your settings, so surely you need to change it to suit your own preferences and judgement. People can then try it, and if they like it, keep it. If you adjust it to suit a random stranger and not what YOU want then I'm not sure why you're doing it in the first place. Maybe just trust your own judgement, then you know it's 100% right for you.
Yes, this is a point, it would be good to have a reference then. Sure i'm not objective then, if i show it with Pure and it standard "pure" filter, which is balanced to fit nearly all tracks.
Screenshot_ks_toyota_gt86_goodwood_circuit_21-4-123-10-9-2.jpg

That is Sol with the standard __Sol filter:
Screenshot_ks_toyota_gt86_goodwood_circuit_21-4-123-10-14-9.jpg

This is the default weatherFX with "default_bright" ppf with adapted exposure
Screenshot_ks_toyota_gt86_goodwood_circuit_21-4-123-10-17-35.jpg

Last edited:
Excited Cat GIF
Dog Driving GIF

-------------------------------------************************-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------************************-------------------------------------------

-- The 0.30 release of the AC modding manual 3.0 is out!

Immagine 2023-04-02 104744.png

--
--
-- Go get it here:
-- https://assettocorsathemanual.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------**************----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------**************----------------------------------------

Last edited:
... Innocence is sweet... It's just the idea of gathering +50 cars...

Well, you nailed it; usually my races are like this...

... and I imagine races with +50 cars must be like...

... yeah, for that crowded races are needed the LOD's blessings.

By the way, my PC is poweful enough for my needs, I never do races with so much cars; not all of us need to recreate the Paris-Madrid of 1903 taking care of even the smallest detail.... 😊

Last edited:

View attachment 1258194

View attachment 1258195
Grass is perfect for my tastes. Trees could go a hair darker, I reckon. (lolz, pardon for pointing to something you weren't)
Edit: Oops. Exactly what @Peter Boese said. I'll be quiet :)

Last edited:

Updated Version(v1.1) is released.
Please, Re-Downloading gentlemans

Ferrari 308 GTB(v1.1) by F40 LM Lover

It is Required CSP 1.76 or above Version.

Change Logs

1. Physics Update by VR Driving.
- Thank you to him!
2. Driver's Animations are Updated and Fixed.
3. Little bit Optimized.
4. AI's Pitting Issues are fixed.
5. Front Radiator Fans are Rotating now.
6. New Download link is in the video.

Thank You!

I'm not really into road cars, but holy smokes those driver animations are LEGIT!
I always assumed there was some sort of hard-coded, baked-in reason why I haven't seen these before.
The separate wiper, headlights and gated shifting animations look amazing! I always dreamed of details such as these in a prototype at Le Mans etc, reaching over to flash the lights on the Mulsanne.

Isn't it pointless to question what other people do on a public forum? I and i'm sure other's don't need you to tell us what we should and shouldn't do here.

And for the record, I do it because I value other people's opinions. You don't think I realize the number of variables that could make a picture I post look completely different for someone else? It still helps to hear feedback. Things like @Peter Boese and @andrevr posted regarding the trees helps me make things better and more accurate.

I'll let you have the last word because this is the last comment i'm going to make on the subject. I'm not about to get in to a war of words over something that shouldn't have come up in the first place. Have a nice day...

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back