Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,909 comments
Personally i'd see where the GTA guys got that model in the first place, then convert that, i'd guess thats available in all sorts of places, its pretty bog standard.

I think a lot of GTA stuff is encrypted, if i dare say the E word.

Some more French stuff without LODS!!

View attachment 1258378View attachment 1258379
Fantastic!!! Is it christmas time? Just one question : why the R5 TL instead of the R5 Alpine turbo? So, I suppose the R4 is missing too and it will be perfect for iconic french cars.

Last edited:
That's why is said 'in 2D at least'
Main point was that the CSP lods thing is placebo, someone did some random tests and it was worse than no lods.
Absolutely not true. The LODs made with default settings are always better than no LODs at all, anything that reduces object count and triangle count will always gain performance, whether that is noticeable or not to some people in certain situations is debatable. "someone" is either an idiot or the tests were that random, they did not know their own results or randomised those too :lol:

Now if you spend time with the LOD generator and tweak it on a per car basis, the results can be outstanding compared to no LODs. Then ideally they need bringing back into 3D software for a final clean up and to fix any dummies that were removed or broken in the process. This should take at least a couple hours per car and is worth it in terms of performance gained overall.

There's what, 4 main options to modders really? In order of time taken:

• No LODs
  • Simplygon Auto LODs with minimal to no tweaking
  • Heavily tweaked and modified Simplygon LODs
  • Hand made LODs
Then there's the option of importing the original LODs that a lot of models have included with them, but these also need working a little.

Reality is though, as our computers become more and more powerful, the need for a good set of LODs becomes less obvious. Hot lappers, screenshotters, lone wolves etc etc may never really need LODs in the first place if their system is not too low powered and would probably benefit from disabling all or increasing the distance drawn in CSP. On the other hand, the chaps that like to do large grid races or online league racing etc that regularly have 20,30,40+ cars on track absolutely need a decent set of LODs.

So if a modder decides to pour his or her heart and soul into bringing such and such car into the game with many many hours spent doing this, why not also spend another 2 or 3+ hours (or 5 minutes as per option 2) making a set of LODs? Even if said modder decides that this car is only a screenshot car or should not be raced in large grids, making a set would still then cater for most end users, no ?

Oh and PS... the Rover is still in the works! I am just taking a little break from the PC until I get my internet back up and running! It's no fun on a mobile hot spot :ouch::crazy:

Absolutely not true. The LODs made with default settings are always better than no LODs at all, anything that reduces object count and triangle count will always gain performance, whether that is noticeable or not to some people in certain situations is debatable. "someone" is either an idiot or the tests were that random, they did not know their own results or randomised those too :lol:

Now if you spend time with the LOD generator and tweak it on a per car basis, the results can be outstanding compared to no LODs. Then ideally they need bringing back into 3D software for a final clean up and to fix any dummies that were removed or broken in the process. This should take at least a couple hours per car and is worth it in terms of performance gained overall.

• No LODs
  • Hand made LODs
Then there's the option of importing the original LODs that a lot of models have included with them, but these also need working a little.

Reality is though, as our computers become more and more powerful, the need for a good set of LODs becomes less obvious. Hot lappers, screenshotters, lone wolves etc etc may never really need LODs in the first place if their system is not too low powered and would probably benefit from disabling all or increasing the distance drawn in CSP. On the other hand, the chaps that like to do large grid races or online league racing etc that regularly have 20,30,40+ cars on track absolutely need a decent set of LODs.

So if a modder decides to pour his or her heart and soul into bringing such and such car into the game with many many hours spent doing this, why not also spend another 2 or 3+ hours (or 5 minutes as per option 2) making a set of LODs? Even if said modder decides that this car is only a screenshot car or should not be raced in large grids, making a set would still then cater for most end users, no ?

Oh and PS... the Rover is still in the works! I am just taking a little break from the PC until I get my internet back up and running! It's no fun on a mobile hot spot :ouch::crazy:
I've seen a few car mods with 4 decent LODs but with puzzlingly terrible performance in AI spec races. Closer inspection usually reveals that there's only one LOD entry in lods.ini, so only LOD A is being used.
Maybe whoever came to that 'placebo' conclusion was using one of these goofy cars?
Like you say, even bad LODs perform better than no LODs at all. I can't see how performance with LODs could ever be worse, unless LODs B, C and D are actually more detailed than the original LOD A. But that would take deliberate ****assery to implement. As a joke maybe?

Hello your wheel for the Rb19 is great but the DRS diode on the screen are very very dim. Is that possible to fix that , if i may ask ? Sorry if i'm a bit blunt, English is not ma tongue. Have a great day !

Monza 1937
This 3D-track was made from the Kunos track Monza 1966 by Legion. It was bug fixed by Rainmaker.

Change log:
  • fixed disappearing cars
  • fixed grass reacts like road
  • reduced numbers of .kn5 files
  • added ideal_line for time attack mode
  • reworked Pirelli billboard at the bridge
  • new UI and previews
  • added loading screens with artwork
  • made RainFX
  • some shader adjustments
Seems to be a couple of floating blue spectators in several places for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_legion_lotus_49c_monza_faux_pre-war_22-4-123-0-4-25.png
    Screenshot_legion_lotus_49c_monza_faux_pre-war_22-4-123-0-4-25.png
    344.6 KB · Views: 10
I think this will work unless he changed some mesh names. Copy and paste this into the track's ext_config file.

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION = Hides Blue Spectators
MESHES = ppldon?, rennb?
IS_RENDERABLE= 0

Last edited:
Last edited:
The next Skin for the Peugeot 406 is done, it was really hard but the outcome is pretty imo

Belgium Procar 1996 Peugeot 406 Eric Bachelart Team Kronos
View attachment 1257917
View attachment 1257918View attachment 1257919View attachment 1257920View attachment 1257921
I have a request, can you build the natural brown nut color for the car wheel ? I don't really like the blue cause it's not a 406 taxi movie car.. ( see my photographie for the nut color )

Can we get a link for this fantastic skin too ? :embarrassed:

Attachments

• IMG_9490-1200x800.jpg
    IMG_9490-1200x800.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9503-1200x800.jpg
    IMG_9503-1200x800.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 16
  • peugeot-406-stw-dtm.jpeg
    peugeot-406-stw-dtm.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

• No LODs
  • Hand made LODs

The only (reasonable) argument against lods is if your car has very few tris/objects to begin with (like < 100k) then lods aren't really necessary. Otherwise as you put it very much necessary, it's like optimization 101 for things that have far distances

Some new updates for JSONs and some extras:

1. New JSON files for Ferrari 312 F1 1968, by Legion:

• New and correct JSONs;
  • Realocated some skins from Kunos Ferrari 312 ´67 to the 68 model, thus putting certain skins on the right model.
2. New JSON + some txt tweaks for Matra MS10 F1 1968, by Legion:
  • New and correct JSONs;
  • With some minor tweaks, now u can play with a pre-aero Matra MS10 - I added a ext_config that removes the front and back wings. Don´t worry, u can select which version you want to race in the game ('early' and 'late' versions) - I don´t understand why nobody ever did it already!!!;
  • Other grind filler car skins were also modified (like, I removed the front wing for the 'McLaren' and the back wing from the 'Lola', bringing them smt closer to reality, while we still don't have these cars converted to AC - yet).

I recommend this time to delete the original skins folder and replace it with mine, to avoid any problems.
Thxs for:

Legion for both cars
Kunos for some 312 skins

All rights belong to those mentioned above.

Last edited:
The next Skin for the Peugeot 406 is done, it was really hard but the outcome is pretty imo

Belgium Procar 1996 Peugeot 406 Eric Bachelart Team Kronos
View attachment 1257917
View attachment 1257918View attachment 1257919View attachment 1257920View attachment 1257921

update V5 406
new things dirt map better ao damage map
and new skins i whil forget somethings

but big thanks @MrHunt & @Greg_ST & @Shysterz they dit an amazing job and not forget the great 3d artist zumlee

enjoy and until the next car :)

Ok Raceforever40 I had just test the car and I can say the physic is very good excellent, just one thing is a real problem the car is very too high the car should be like the first photo on the other mod. actually look like a tractor for a touring car is very too high but the car is fantastic too drive and I love the details damn..... the shaking exausth ! <3 please just adjust the tall of the car please :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_bridgehampton_26-4-122-1-27-10.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_bridgehampton_26-4-122-1-27-10.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-5-30-52.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-5-30-52.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-5-31-35.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-5-31-35.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 13
  • 1998_STW_Nurburgring_Aiello_2.jpg
    1998_STW_Nurburgring_Aiello_2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Im thé author of The mod i don't have thé problem strange you have it
Some photos of you're fantastic mod @Raceforever40 thanks uuuu she is so beautiful just ajust the tall and it's perfect :P

Attachments

• Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-22-42.PNG
    Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-22-42.PNG
    330.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-31-9.PNG
    Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-31-9.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-28-39.PNG
    Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-28-39.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-29-33.PNG
    Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-29-33.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-34-25.PNG
    Screenshot_bem_peugeot_406_stw_gen1_jt_paul_ricard_22-4-123-6-34-25.PNG
    316.5 KB · Views: 20
EDIT: OK I've fixed it for people who have loading issues from the skins folder.

Change log v1.1:
  • corrected a texture loading issue
  • added track link to CSP description

bgr01.jpg

Last edited:
fps with 3Dtrees
View attachment 1258448

fps with original track and original trees

View attachment 1258450
Problem with that is it is on your system, we all have different configurations. Would be nice to have an option to not use them. I wont use a track with 3d trees due to my sysem config, and compared to how they hit a system performance, most look tacky anyway

Last edited:
Some new updates for JSONs and some extras:

1. New JSON files for Ferrari 312 F1 1968, by Legion:

• New and correct JSONs;
  • Realocated some skins from Kunos Ferrari 312 ´67 to the 68 model, thus putting certain skins on the right model.
2. New JSON + some txt tweaks for Matra MS10 F1 1968, by Legion:
  • New and correct JSONs;
  • With some minor tweaks, now u can play with a pre-aero Matra MS10 - I added a ext_config that removes the front and back wings. Don´t worry, u can select which version you want to race in the game ('early' and 'late' versions) - I don´t understand why nobody ever did it already!!!;
  • Other grind filler car skins were also modified (like, I removed the front wing for the 'McLaren' and the back wing from the 'Lola', bringing them smt closer to reality, while we still don't have these cars converted to AC - yet).

I recommend this time to delete the original skins folder and replace it with mine, to avoid any problems.
Thxs for:

Legion for both cars
Kunos for some 312 skins

All rights belong to those mentioned above.
can you link me the 312 of legion?

and you shouldn't... She shows us pictures of all the niceness she makes in AC, but she doesn't share the actual mods.
(she loves to tease I guess... So do not hold your breath! ;)
Been over this a few times now.
I see it as no different to someone when they get a paid mod say from RSS and post a picture on here saying how great it is.
I like seeing stuff people are doing even if they don't offer links or if its something you need to pay for to access.
As you can see I jump from one thing to next, its chaos, i then go back and take a mod at a time and add new things I've learnt or tidy them up a bit.
Its certainly not teasing, I'm not 4 years old, I simply am not skilled enough to be a 'modder' who wants to release stuff.
I enjoy it, and in fairness if a mod on here tells me to stop doing it then i will stop, but with respect, till then i will show some of my workings in a designated AC modding thread as WIP, because that is exactly what they are.
I'll be honest i don't care how others use AC, i don't care about others system specs, as long as stuff works my end I'm happy, i don't care for any credit or modding fame and adulation, i am not doing this for any other reason other than it was a dark art few months ago and now its like in AC terms being given the key to the city.
And i personally didn't think there was enough of certain cars in AC, so i set about adding what i always wanted to see.

At the minute for me its like "Well this Alfa 147 GTA isn't perfect, I've had to crow bar an interior from another 147 into it, its not got an animated cigarette lighter......................... but it is the only way i can at least see an Alfa 147 TA in AC."

I would be open to any serious modders reaching out with help as i've asked in the past, i've much of the work to get it at least in AC.

Sometimes i get tempted by what that guy did with the BEM mods, where you chuck them out there and see what people can do with them with the caveat that they are not perfect but a base.

A tiny part of me wishes i'd not started to learn how to get stuff in AC as i don't use it how i used to use it, just spend my free time in blender rather than race.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back