Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
DON'T TAKE CARE ABOUT THE CAR. DON'T TAKE CARE ABOUT THE TRACK

Anyone have idea on what can be the cause of this thing when you "take the corner too fast" (basically the car is understeering). Latest CSP Patreon and penultimate SOL version. (I have this issue from weeks), it look like some car shadow problem but is not linked to any specific car

Thanks

I have experienced this on several tracks with extreme compression forces, and have yet to determine the culprit.
This has happened at least since csp 180.1, perhaps before...

Also seems to be more connected to a car+track combo, rather than a track or a car individually

Sure, but as mentioned before, it would be even better if you could do more advanced configurations than just grass and rain FX. :D:lol:

And again, I knew better, but I always fall into the same trap. The horror has a name: Gilles75... :irked:
"His" tracks are always a source of massive head-shaking. My God, how bad can someone be. :odd::eek:

It's just no fun trying to improve them, and yet I've done it again and again, as I'm doing again now. It would be better to re-convert the tracks, which would look safer, faster and better.
But well, now I've started stupidly, so here, the current state.
There are still a lot of errors, wrong vertex normals, strange shaders etc..

But, imo, the worst is gone. Many, many one-sided textures are now double-sided. Trees, grasses, bushes, the spectators, flags, bridge etc. straightened.
I tried to create a more coherent overall picture.
There is also some light. Where there are street lamps only, of course. :)
Working warning lights, too :)
The logo was distorted, I have corrected that too. Changed some tags in ui.json too, as for example there are now some night lights... :D

I used a completely new config. I have included the old one as *_orig. But, to be on the safe side, please make a backup first, in case you want to go back to the previous state for whatever reason.
I hope, I didn´t messed something. :scared:

About "Carrieres de Beez"... I think I threw it in the corner at some point. I'd have to see if I still have it on my HDD at all.
I think the last time I screwed with it, @Beezer215 pointed out to me that more than 10-12 cars just make chaos on the grid. That and some weird effects with seasonal config settings.... That's when I gave up in frustration. :grumpy::crazy::yuck:

As I just mentioned, it would have been easier to convert it "from the scratch" than to work on his s....... Sorry, the frustration had to come out. :scared:

But I'll see if I can still find it.
However, if someone has a good source for the original that I could convert, it would probably be the better and easier way. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 1263637View attachment 1263638View attachment 1263639View attachment 1263643View attachment 1263644
Sure, but as mentioned before, it would be even better if you could do more advanced configurations than just grass and rain FX. :D:lol:

And again, I knew better, but I always fall into the same trap. The horror has a name: Gilles75... :irked:
"His" tracks are always a source of massive head-shaking. My God, how bad can someone be. :odd::eek:

It's just no fun trying to improve them, and yet I've done it again and again, as I'm doing again now. It would be better to re-convert the tracks, which would look safer, faster and better.
But well, now I've started stupidly, so here, the current state.
There are still a lot of errors, wrong vertex normals, strange shaders etc..

But, imo, the worst is gone. Many, many one-sided textures are now double-sided. Trees, grasses, bushes, the spectators, flags, bridge etc. straightened.
I tried to create a more coherent overall picture.
There is also some light. Where there are street lamps only, of course. :)
Working warning lights, too :)
The logo was distorted, I have corrected that too. Changed some tags in ui.json too, as for example there are now some night lights... :D

I used a completely new config. I have included the old one as *_orig. But, to be on the safe side, please make a backup first, in case you want to go back to the previous state for whatever reason.
I hope, I didn´t messed something. :scared:

About "Carrieres de Beez"... I think I threw it in the corner at some point. I'd have to see if I still have it on my HDD at all.
I think the last time I screwed with it, @Beezer215 pointed out to me that more than 10-12 cars just make chaos on the grid. That and some weird effects with seasonal config settings.... That's when I gave up in frustration. :grumpy::crazy::yuck:

As I just mentioned, it would have been easier to convert it "from the scratch" than to work on his s....... Sorry, the frustration had to come out. :scared:

However, if someone has a good source for the original that I could convert, it would probably be the better and easier way. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 1263637View attachment 1263638View attachment 1263639View attachment 1263643View attachment 1263644
It's such a shame THL stopped working on his version, it looked spectacular. I put the feelers out a few days back to see if he was still working on it (he lost data on one of his harddrives) but he has yet to reply. Sad face....

Anyone have idea on what can be the cause of this thing when you "take the corner too fast" (basically the car is understeering). Latest CSP Patreon and penultimate SOL version. (I have this issue from weeks), it look like some car shadow problem but is not linked to any specific car

Thanks

Can’t help you out, just answered that I notice the same ‘thing’ with all cars on Brands’ first corner. Can’t remember when it started, but it’s like this for several months now…

@RMi_wood thanks for the info, at least is not a problem on my side only for the moment.

Yes, i agree, at least i have this issue since the 180.1 (at least i never ever noticed before, but is almost impossible due to the visibility that it has) ;)

@Fanapryde now that i'm thinking about i remember that i noticed a similar issue on the (Swiss track from GT4 which i don't remember right now) with newer japanese GT500 cars, where the shadow passes through the car on the jump. Maybe not the same problem, but more or less similar in how it appears

Last edited:
Thank you for that; just used it with F1 1971 mod; for sure will try your new AI lines.

May I ask you if you can make new AI lines for "hockenheim 78", with the two chicanes ? the AI is really "not managed" because at the first chicane the AI cars stop against the wall instead of going through the chicane

Last edited:
Sharing this here before someome posts an ACTK link.

Originally planned to be based on the Gran Turismo model, this little car mod has been works since more than 2 months. At about halfway through the touching-up of the GT4 model I realized that it should have been scratch-made since that model is nearly impossible to be fixed properly (like a cardboard car), so I studied multiple car modeling tutorials on YouTube and started everything on the car from scratch based on a blueprint I found on the web. Please note that the model is still highly inaccurate (especially at the A-pillar) as this is my first ever scratch-made model of a car and the available blueprints are like 700x600 resolution and I don't want to pay about $30 for the vector.
Interior was exclusively made with photomatching technique except for the steering wheel.

As for the performance I had 110fps with my trusty old 1070 Ti on Tsukuba during hotlap on mostly highest settings and 75-110 in a 16 car race. Model is extremely high-poly as I can't model properly with low subdivision Levels Viewport and I like details so the overall triangle count is 1600000 which is madness. Still many many details missing because I don't have the talent to model everything. This is about the same polygon count as Gran Turismo Sport/7 models (no not even relatively close in quality lol)

On the good side though, 4 LODs take care of the relatively decent performance so hopefully you shouldn't worry about it. Car physics was supposed to be mainly a copy-paste of the Abarth 595SS back when I used the GT4 model but now from my understanding the car has accurate gear ratios, edited suspensions, fueltank, consumption, tyres and of course parameters. I ran 1:33 on Tsukuba (Best Motoring race record was 1:34)

Model is based on the KP100P R (1996-1997) version, and every skin made by me is based on a car you will find on the internet. You can remove the wheelcover and only leave the front wheel but it wasn't modeled to look like the models that don't have the wheelcovers on the front in mind. This car served as the main reference: https://toprankglobal.jp/stockdetail/32835/1997 Daihatsu MIDGET II

I'm aware of most problems/bugs but if you notice something, send me a DM on Discord (you can find me on ACFSK server), most notable bugs are the shadows, the wipers hardly wiping (let's say it's unique to this car lol), and the glitchy driver animations that has been made with Stereo's Blender rig. Please note that it's very difficult to get the driver model working properly since Kunos used 3dsMax and I can't even animate shifting in Blender so the driver is just basically shifting low in the air.If a modder who has the talent to do proper animations for the driver in this car, contact me, we'll sort this out :)

Want to use the model? Contact me and maybe we can talk about it!

Look out for a race version in the next update soon.

DOWNLOAD: https://sharemods.com/tm940qs0rofr/daihatsu_midget_dtype_1.0.zip.html
DOWNLOAD SKINNING KIT (READ README FILE): https://sharemods.com/00pagl7jeanu/midget_mod_skinning_kit.zip.html

If you want me to continue modding please share the original link, preferably this video.

If you appreciate how I worked on this mod for 2+ months and delivered this to you for free in the times when even a frickin' PP filter and a single paintjob costs money for AC, but want to help me financially, please donate: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/TheNuvolari19?country.x=HU&locale.x=hu_HU
(One step closer to buy the closed beta of WOTW :D)

Credits: TheNuvolari - Model, physics
XAVITHEHOBBIT - Resources help, Red Corsa skin, testing
Alexliveryhouse - Testing
Koldo83 - Fixing refraction headlights
ChemFlummi - adding proper parameters to refraction headlights

View attachment 1263874
View attachment 1263875
View attachment 1263876
View attachment 1263877

View attachment 1263878
View attachment 1263879
View attachment 1263880
View attachment 1263881
View attachment 1263883

Please don't quote or DM me on this site because I'm not active here anymore, contact me on my YouTube channel or Discord, or even RaceDepartment

Its already on his forum :lol:

Hope someone can help or direct me. My AC Trans Am Legends cars no longer function correctly after several CM and CSP updates this past several weeks. I have reinstalled the pack a few times with no luck. Is this possibly an issue where the cars need to be updated to work with the new CM and CSP? Running CSP 180a with current CM.

Beez circuit is one of my favorite track, but a typical @Gilles75 swap job. The original he seems to use is a RFc1 track as can be found here at the B section
http://classicmotorsporthub.org:200/RFACTOR/TRACKS/A-F/

Thanks

that is an issue with that version of csp. you need to update to a newer version. I have not had it on 1.80p218. If you are on that one then I am not sure. I use pure but had the issue with 1.80p1

Last edited:
that is an issue with that version of csp. you need to update to a newer version. I have not had it on 1.80p218. If you are on that one then I am not sure. I use pure but had the issue with 1.80p1
the video you see above is done on the 1.80-p218

Well, a great thank you, in a very short time !

At this point I'm sorry and almost ashamed to ask again, but in 1971 (the mod I almost always use is the F1 1971) of the "three" chicanes in this track, the second one was not used (I think it didn't exist yet). Without any hurry if in the future you could also make the AI lines for the track as it was in 1971 race (and in 1970 and 1977).
Moroever as far as I know, there are no versions of Hockenheim with just two chicanes (I remember there is a good one in AMS1)

In any case, a big thank you for everything.

Last edited:
@RMi_wood thanks for the info, at least is not a problem on my side only for the moment.

Yes, i agree, at least i have this issue since the 180.1 (at least i never ever noticed before, but is almost impossible due to the visibility that it has) ;)

@Fanapryde now that i'm thinking about i remember that i noticed a similar issue on the (Swiss track from GT4 which i don't remember right now) with newer japanese GT500 cars, where the shadow passes through the car on the jump. Maybe not the same problem, but more or less similar in how it appears
Are you perhaps able to cure it by changing the "Fake Shadows FX" settings? Or perhaps "Smart Shadows". I'm vaguely remembering (confirmed by search) @Masscot drilling down into this kind of issue perhaps a year or two ago.

the video you see above is done on the 1.80-p218
it has to be a setting then as I tried that corner multiple times in high downforce prototypes and nothing where in the 1.80p1 I could make that show. I will see what I can find out as I was one of the first to report that issue in p1 to the test group.

Cams for LeMans.

Are you perhaps able to cure it by changing the "Fake Shadows FX" settings? Or perhaps "Smart Shadows". I'm vaguely remembering (confirmed by search) @Masscot drilling down into this kind of issue perhaps a year or two ago.
both disabled but the issue is still there, so it will for sure a CSP problem but somewhere else

Woodside 1967 Australia - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/woodside-1-0.26115/

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.
I believe I´ve already made this request, by I also hope that you give a try for Gilles Prince George some day. It´s the only vintage version of that track that exists for AC, but has so many problems in the lightning and grass. The asphalt was pretty bright too, if I was not mistaken.

Ferrari F50 (1995) v2.8
Free public release on Our Racing Simulator - Dan Bucsa Patreon

true.png

Formula Mazda
Free public release on Blaze, tworzy: Assetto Corsa mods Patreon.

@Masscot provided a couple of updates. See his post.

Screenshot_blz_formula_mazda_ks_laguna_seca_2023-06-07-16-35-33.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why I haven't been able to add a Quick preset for a couple of days, making CM install it automatically. I double click on the link but the Content Manager does not open. Something must have been misconfigured but I have no idea what. Can anybody help me?

Firefox, Chrome, Brave all the same. They requires you to login into Patreon
You don't have to create a Patreon page when you register or set up an account, and I don't think I've been spammed because of it. I only get notifications via email for Patreons I've subscribed/contributed to, or are following. I think there's an account setting to turn that off, but that wouldn't make sense to do it.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back