Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,710 comments
Basically if you want to drive GT3 cars, you should only drive in ACC and only on its tracks, and no point doing that anywhere else. If you want to drive in places they don't have, too bad take a hike. /s

EDIT: added /s

Last edited:
And David Perel's saying the opposite, but who's right and who's wrong ? At the end of the day the GT3 physics are even more lacklustre in AC.
again, that's your opinion. like i already stated in the op its personal preference. i am just showing a video the people can make there own mind up. i have also heard many pro's say "you may aswell use the gt3 car's from ACC and use them in AC, because its better. does that mean that you are wrong and they are correct? no

its personal preference

also as humans we need to bear in mind we are hard wired to be tribal its the same across society. so the real final answer to this debate is:

do whatever the hell makes you happy :)

Last edited:
I checked it. I had no big bumps. The sand can be improved in the surfaces.ini in the track folder, change the damping:

[SURFACE_3]
KEY=SAND
DAMPING=0.05

UPDATE Detroit 2012

v2.2
-night lights added by ACTK

View attachment 1277794
Okay mate thanks for that, idk why but I did feel some bumps in the last corner especially but might just be the car.
Is there any possibility that you could do some re-curbing?

I just tried the track again with some different cars to check...
I feel absolutely no weird bumps (on a Simucube DD wheel).

@Rainmaker87 in the ui of the updated Detroit: BMW M3 Challenge by Ronnie82, AC by Rainmaker ??
That was a mini game released some ages ago. Can get it here: http://classicmotorsporthub.org:200/BMW M3 CHALLENGE/
Okay mate thanks for that, idk why but I did feel some bumps in the last corner especially but might just be the car.
Is there any possibility that you could do some re-curbing?
I've sent your report to the original author he may have a look into it.

And David Perel's saying the opposite, but who's right and who's wrong ? At the end of the day the GT3 physics are even more lacklustre in AC.

Basically if you want to drive GT3 cars, you should only drive in ACC and only on its tracks, and no point doing that anywhere else. If you want to drive in places they don't have, too bad take a hike.
What both of you don't understand is the FACT that here, in this AC thread, there's many people happy with AC ; even with GT3 cars.
The may have some reasons not obvious to you ; but that's the facts.

Then, you come here and tell them they're wrong. So who are you ?
And what do you want apart proving to yourself ACC is better ?

I'm replying to your message simply to reconnect to the discussion.

I think this is offtopic and I don't think I want to add more. ACC is undoubtedly the most advanced simulator on the market, or in any case among the most advanced. I respect very well, and gladly accept, the opinions of those who have never raced (like me) and discuss them basing everything on their own knowledge. In the end, no one is absolutely right and it's nice to know other points of view. The real problem for me is the contrast between professionals, between those who actually drive certain cars. If in reality a car reacts in a certain way to certain inputs and certain variables (I am generalizing I know), a simulator is expected to get as close as possible to those results. If these results are promoted or rejected by those who drive those cars, and there are very conflicting opinions between them, I'm frankly perplexed. Obviously I don't care that much, I'm interested in having fun, but the discrepancy between the opinions of the professionals I find something I will never understand.

"Who is right and who is wrong?" is a good question mate😂

EDIT: 4000 pages, we have to celebrate! Who wants some cake? :D

Last edited:
4000 pages ... :eek: :eek: :eek:
To all who have helped improve our hobby, a big fat thanks you!!!!
Cheers you all... :cheers:

4000 PAGES! and also, I DID IT! THE TIMING! :cheers: 🎊🎉🎉

I DID IT!.PNG

Last edited:
What both of you don't understand is the FACT that here, in this AC thread, there's many people happy with AC ; even with GT3 cars.
The may have some reasons not obvious to you ; but that's the facts.

Then, you come here and tell them they're wrong. So who are you ?
And what do you want apart proving to yourself ACC is better ?
FYI I should put a /s tag on my post I guess...

I play AC, I have ACC and I barely touch it because I don't like being limited to what I can drive and what track I can drive on. And ACC's interface is clunky as well.

Last edited:
At the end of the day the GT3 physics are even more lacklustre in AC.
That depends which gt3 you look at. If you compare kunos gt3 (AC) to kunos GT3 (ACC) then sure. If you look at a cphys gt3 e.g., bk audi r8 vs. kunos gt3 (ACC), the latter is far worse

tbf ac performance is more dependent on object/material counts so a >1 mil poly isn't inherently bad depending on the compelxity of the car. though idk how you can even fit 1.4 mil poly on a kei car

Rainy day... I was just fiddling around with semaphores...

Luccaring hasn't green lights, I don't know how to change color from red to green via config

Attachments

• Zarqa Street Circuit SRT 2023 (zarqastreetcircuit_srt) - Semaphore fix.zip
    356 bytes · Views: 19
  • Stardust International Raceway 1966 (stardust) - Cable, Semaphore fix.zip
    32 KB · Views: 19
  • Rivera Eduardo P. Cabrera 2013 (actk_rivera) - Semaphore fix.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Ribeirao Preto (ribeirao) - Semaphore, Cable fix.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Rafaela Autodromo Ciudad (rafaela) - Semaphore fix.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Patras 2021 (actk_patras_2021) - Semaphore fix.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Milan Castello Circuit 2021 (m08_acf_milan_castello_circuit) - Semaphore fix.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Maze Circuit (maze_circuit) - Semaphore fix.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 33
  • LuccaRing Baluardi (luccaring) - Semaphore fix.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Lago Maggiore Autodromo 2017 (gt_autodromo_lago_maggiore) - Semaphore fix.zip
    310 bytes · Views: 54
  • Great Wall SpeedWay Biella (greatwall) - Semaphore fix.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Eggleston (actk_eggleston) - Semaphore fix.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Dunas 1981 (actk_dunas_1981) - Road Darker, Semaphore fix.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport 2021 (ted_clark_international_speedway) - Semaphore fix.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Little mod for zandvoort2020 to change the dune area texture from the blurry\out of focus original and to give the track a little more of a raceday feel with some sponsor stuff and more crowds and vehicles in the parking lots. Could use a lot more, but this works for now. At least it doesn't feel so empty when I run a race on the track.

There are two options for the mod. The non-raceday one (top link) changes the base 2020 and DRS layouts to a little more raceday feel with sponsor flags, crowds and more vehicles. The problem with that version is if you run a practice session, the extra flags, crowds, etc. are still there so it doesn't look like a true practice session setting. If that matters to you, then the raceday version of the mod is the one you want. It adds 2 raceday layouts with the extra crowds, sponsor flags, etc. and leaves the original layouts alone so they still look empty and more like a practice session.

Zandvoort2020 Update v1.04

Zandvoort2020 Update v1.04 with Raceday Layouts

NOTES:
-- Make a backup of your existing track before trying this mod.

mask2.jpg

Last edited:
Basically if you want to drive GT3 cars, you should only drive in ACC and only on its tracks, and no point doing that anywhere else. If you want to drive in places they don't have, too bad take a hike.
I used to barely touch ACC over the last months and gave it a try this morning. As a result, I uninstalled it!
Like everyone here basically says, it's just personal preference. And I drive/race almost 100% with GT3 cars. Yet I enjoy AC way more than I ever enjoyed ACC.
ACC still has outdated circuits like Zandvoort or Spa. And every time a new DLC or huge update comes out I get disappointed. At least with the US DLC we got Watkins Glen which I like, but still, no Road America for example. And now from all the circuits out there we got Valencia...!
Also, for me the physics in ACC feel like ****. Maybe it is because I'm used to the cars I use in AC, I don't know. But they feel very strange. Even gave it a couple of tries after the last update. But if anything, it felt even worse to me!
That's why I've barely touched ACC the last half year and after uninstalling it today, I'll probably won't ever touch it again.

On the other hand, in AC you can have more or less anything. Many circuits look like ACCs in quality nowadays and the cars feel really good too. And there is this amazing community behind it, like this forum. Every time a have a question about anything I'll get a solution within minutes or hours.

So before you send us all hiking again, ask yourself why racing with GT3 cars around Road America, Sonoma, Long Beach, Nordschleife, Red Bull Ring, Motegi, Chang and so many other great circuits is not possible on ACC. And it is with AC. And it's actually lots of fun!

Hi. I'm looking for converted cars and tracks content from GT Sport and GT7. Can anyone provide a list or links ? I would really apreciate that :)

New test versions of the Marcos Mantis and Gillet Vertigo v2.01:

Gillet Vertigo
v2.01 (Test version, car is still W.I.P.)

Download:
  • no LODS
  • only 3 skins for now (more will come with final release)
  • physics and BoP is still w.i.p.
Changelog:
  • new rollcage
  • optimised shader settings
  • tires not floating anymore
  • edited interior on drivers side
  • optimised driver animation
  • replaced pedals
  • added new sound
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos Mantis GT3 v2.01 (Test version, car is still W.I.P.)

Download:

known bugs or need to be fixed:

• only 3 skins for now (more will come with final release)
  • no LODS
  • physics and BoP is still w.i.p.
Changelog:
  • optimised circular hood apertures
  • optimised shader settings
  • changed to six-speed gear Box
  • internal windshield Banner is mirrored now
Hi and thank you for these great updates of these mods

I have just tested the v2.01 Gillet and I think a few things needs to be solved :

First of all, I think there is an issue with wheel axis because wheels doesn't rotate properly (and this issue isn't here on the V1 version)

After there is a 3d issue/holes with right side windows EDIT : left AND right same issue :
side window.jpg

texture/mapping issue :
mapping.jpg

and transparent issue with windows texture or settings (and maybe the texture could be better quality)window texture.jpg
I hope this help you to increase the quality of this beauty and I will test also the Marcos :D

Thank you

Last edited:
Because ACC is kind of a PITA to use?
I can't help but think that the exact opposite is true. There isn't a person in this forum right now who hasn't started a race in AC only to have it crash and say "Race Ended" with some hooey fooey script prompting a search for whatever culprit it may be. Not to mention AC being "The Real Text File Editing Simulator". lol
Hello to everyone...I have a question that I hope someone can answer...I installed a 1TG SSD drive in my laptop. I have used up a great deal of storage and I was wondering, can I load ACC and AM2 on an external hard drive and play them on my laptop, or do they need to be loaded onto the internal hard drive in order to work properly? Thank you in advance for any answers or advice.
You're going to want AMS2 installed on an internal NVME or SSD at the very least or connected at parallel speeds. It can suffer from stuttering in some cases if not.
check out daniel morad. he is a gt3 driver and he says ACC is not great. He should know he does this in real life.....................
Picking low hanging fruit from one driver doesn't regard the fact that many real drivers not only use ACC but helped in the feedback of making ACC and are very happy with the results.
If you look at a cphys gt3 e.g., bk audi r8 vs. kunos gt3 (ACC), the latter is far worse
Far worse? You believe that? The tire model alone is leagues better in ACC. There's things you just can't do in AC. You can still have a whole heap of fun in AC but that's an odd argument to try and say that the physics for a car on Kunos own updated physics engine are far worse than the one they made ten years ago. The video's that Kunos put out on the physics of ACC that Aris does are quite fascinating. If you like that sort of thing.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back