Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,710 comments
The rolling start mod is working on simple circuits like the Indy 1966 oval. Maybe at more complex circuits like SPA, its were the mod shows its limitations .
From what I think should be improved, middle in the rolling start there is a point were you can raise your speed, think here the mod does do a recalculate for the second half of the 2 rounds.
Despite the video is showing a side by site rolling start in a very disciplined order, in my case its like all cars are always trying to have an position behind each otherā€™s. BTW, I used the out of the box settings.
Would also like to see a safety car in this mod.
I did this test using 25 vintage Indy cars on the Indianapolis ā€˜66 circuit while I was at the 23 position, I did not noticed any car not starting or have seen collisions, during the rolling start. Maybe there is a limitation on the amount of cars to doing the AI calculations.

Rolling start mod is not perfect, yep it needs some improvements and I guess only for simple oval circuits its a nice addition. In my case, until nothing better is being released this mod is a stayer on my SSD.

Edit, I did do this in the Surfaces.ini file: ā€œchanged the original WAV_PITCH= to WAV_PITCH=extended-0 rather than add a new line WAV_PITCH=extended-0 at the endā€ as been published in the txt file. Maybe here I did introduce a different behavior, please correct me and let me know if this is true.

I have to uninstall it too for now. To be honest, I'm more annoyed by the fact that the AI stalls at the start and stays there forever, which I've never been able to fix (which doesn't depend on the app itself). Another thing that I hope will be implemented in the future is to apply the rolling start in the same way that the csp applies the rain tires, without changing anything in the files but automatically. I can't deny that I think this app is a game-changer with a lot of potential, especially for those who like me often race offline.
I also tested it and, obviously, I found the idea spectacular (I already leave my congratulations here to the modder who managed to implement this in AC).

The issue is that, as you guys said, the behavior of the AI in the starting procedure is very irregular from track to track. For example: I tested the mod at both Mosport and Le Mans 91, with multiclass grids (early 00 protos and GTs). While in Mosport the start was perfect, with cars side by side, in Le Mans, half of the cars did not reach the end of the forming-up lap (due to spins, crashes with each other, etc).

And the mod has two issues that I saw during gameplay: the first is that it seems like all side barriers are nullified by the mod. Another thing is that if you stop mid-race to watch a replay, and then go back to the race, your car is catapulted off the map.

The issue is that, as you guys said, the behavior of the AI in the starting procedure is very irregular from track to track. For example: I tested the mod at both Mosport and Le Mans 91, with multiclass grids (early 00 protos and GTs). While in Mosport the start was perfect, with cars side by side, in Le Mans, half of the cars did not reach the end of the forming-up lap (due to spins, crashes with each other, etc).
Did they crash at Indianapolis? Because I've tried yesterday with a 90s grid at Le Mans 91 too, and I had just one car spinning at Indianapolis, and this does happen to AI even during a regular race, some cars "ai.ini" probably goes nuts at that turn.

I've tried it at Laguna Seca with Zin5ki SCCA cars, first try half the grid didn't want to move, but after changing every WAV_PITCH=0 to WAV_PITCH=extended-0 everything went fine.
Same thing with Kunos Spa, after changing every WAV_PITCH=0 to WAV_PITCH=extended-0 it worked, but during Eau Rouge the AI starts to slow down no matter the Limit Speed, crawling down to like 40-50 kmh until the end of the formation lap; this with a Group C grid. With a BTCC grid by PM3DM, same slow down during Eau Rouge, and then all the AI stopping and retiring at Kemmel. Strange behaviour indeed, as a simple user i don't know what it can be but probably some errors regarding the extended physics? Also, i didn't have the no-collisions bug, ever.

I was reading CSP wiki, the custom AI section talks about[_EXTRA_PERMISSIONS] ALLOW_CUSTOM_AI_MANIPULATION=1

Is it any different than[_SCRIPTING_PHYSICS] ALLOW_APPS=1 ?

Sunday afternoon pastime, release soonā„¢
bgr06.jpg

Does anyone know where the original files are for this track (Texas World Speedway)? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks! I get the error message "track not found". I noticed all the other tracks have a data file, which was not included with this download. I only want the original files so the track will load.
Hi DarkHorse, welcome to the forum!

There is a very good resource for tracks, created and maintained by Breathe, which you can find here.
Almost all tracks you can find there (and if not Breathe will add it if you point out a track that isn't in there).
Texas World Speedway and link to download you can find on the tab "Real".

And the mod has two issues that I saw during gameplay: the first is that it seems like all side barriers are nullified by the mod. Another thing is that if you stop mid-race to watch a replay, and then go back to the race, your car is catapulted off the map.
Did you put he "
[SURFACE_0]

WAV_PITCH=extended-0" at the bottom or within surface_0? Because if you put it at the bottom of the surfaces ini then it breaks walls.

I have to uninstall it too for now. To be honest, I'm more annoyed by the fact that the AI stalls at the start and stays there forever, which I've never been able to fix (which doesn't depend on the app itself). Another thing that I hope will be implemented in the future is to apply the rolling start in the same way that the csp applies the rain tires, without changing anything in the files but automatically. I can't deny that I think this app is a game-changer with a lot of potential, especially for those who like me often race offline.
Do these AI stall on normal standing starts? I'm wondering if its linked to the old AI rev limit issue.

I am heartbroken but I canā€™t change how nature works ā˜¹ļø

Thanks Kurt, I tested both tracks and the same issue on both tracks as if the collider is hitting the ground sending the car up in the air. Must be a sneak setting somewhere, I guess. Don't experience the issue with the ACFSK version of the car though...
Uncheck this in csp general patch settings:

1691950611290.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the original files are for this track (Texas World Speedway)? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks! I get the error message "track not found". I noticed all the other tracks have a data file, which was not included with this download. I only want the original files so the track will load.
:rolleyes: Another kind first post.
At least say hello, or is there something wrong with your generation?

...and allocate 2TB of space on something
Yep, don't have to make the same mistake that I did when I build up my PC to play Assetto: install a memory card of only 500 Gb... of which I only have 50 Gb left free... and descending...

I just bought a 2TB one, but I'm thinking a lot about how I'm going to clone the original, because this could be me trying to transfer information from one memory to another...

6a0147e1d4f40f970b0168eba69a7d970c.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, don't have to make the same mistake that I did when I build up my PC to play Assetto: install a memory card of only 500 Gb... of which I only have 50 Gb left free... and descending...

I just bought a 2TB one, but I'm thinking a lot about how I'm going to clone the original, because this could be me trying to transfer information from one memory to another...
I suppose your are talking about your SSD in your PC.
My advice be very careful in what you want to keep, as a sample why collect 5 of the same circuits while 2 are garbage and 1 from a time period you do not like, so you will never use it. I always test the mods and if not reaching a decent level of quality theyā€™re going straight to the bin. Same is in my case counting with all those car skins, historical not correct can be a reason for deleting.

BTW, CM has a nice tool to compress the files.

Last edited:
Do these AI stall on normal standing starts? I'm wondering if its linked to the old AI rev limit issue.
The problem is very simple, some cars start and others don't and it's all random. Unfortunately it is not a rev limit problem but a real stall, as if they had a mechanical or electronic failure. I'll give you an example: imagine a grid of only bmw m3 gtr. 80% start regularly, the other 20% stay still forever (the game doesn't teleport them to the pits). The AI sometimes hits them and disasters happen. I never understood why this happens. Okay, in reality it can happen that some cars don't start, but the fact that they stay there forever is annoying. Sometimes it happens in the front rows and the whole grid stops (and I have to restart until everyone start the race). :irked:

I suppose your are talking about your SSD in your PC...
Yep. Sorry for my Inglishs.
... I always test the mods and if not reaching a decent level of quality theyā€™re going straight to the bin...
#Metoo.

I always test ALL the mods I download, one by one, no exceptions, at least a couple of laps to adjust the driver position of the new car and see how it behaves, or take a look at the new track or layout. That is the reason why I spend more time doing tests than doing races... although as said recently, collecting and testing is also part of the fun...
... BTW, CM has a nice tool to compress the files.
Yep, I know and I use it. And it's a lifesaver! But even so, I'm starting to run out of space... šŸ˜…

However, thanks for the advices! šŸ˜œ

Last edited:
chemflummi just released his Nissan GT-R LM Nismo:
It was time to take a look at another class of cars - the LMP1.
After my quite popular Audi R10, now follows an exotic car, the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo!
My Nissan uses a physics script in lua format, which fulfils the following functions:
The conversion of a hybrid drive to the rear axle in front-wheel drive.
Automatic rear differential control to make the flywheel drive more comprehensible
Provide an ERS profile specifically for Le Mans, which only lets the car release energy in certain sections of the track to make both the AI and the human drivers faster.
This system works in much the same way as the Intelliboost app.
In addition, the doors and bonnet can be opened via the EXTRA buttons A-C, this is displayed on the right side when loading into the game and only works when stationary!
The car also has the Low Downforce Kit, as the car competed at Le Mans, and also the High Downforce Kit, which was only seen in a couple of tests!
The kits change automatically via the Front Wing setting in the aerodynamics section.
As far as the driving is concerned, I recommend that you don't rev the engine for the most part, because the engine reaches its maximum power at around 6000 revs according to the data I found.
But revving higher can be worthwhile in combination with the KERS system.
All in all, I hope you like the car and if there are any problems, I'm happy to help.

1691963137921.png

Haven't tried it, sounds interesting from the description....I haven't tried the URD's old Nissan neither....

Kinda wish he continued with the early LMP1 cars and do a Peugeot 908....

Last edited:
hi,
anyone has a fix for the bm_mclaren_720s_gt3 "numberplate.dds" issue ?

View attachment 1279858
In showroom and for previews you mean ? Because in game it is OK.
Hiding them would work, but I made two kn5 files (using ks editor) that temporary replace the mclaren_720_gt3.kn5 in order to hide the plates that are not needed. After making previews I change back to the original kn5.

Last edited:
In showroom and for previews you mean ? Because in game it is OK.
Hiding them would work, but I made two kn5 files (using ks editor) that temporary replace the mclaren_720_gt3.kn5 in order to hide the plates that are not needed. After making previews I change back to the original kn5.
yes indeed, it was in preview only ,in game it's ok... so I could actually also make previews w "CSP for final preview render" on, they are fine too.

I thought I would try a mod just to see what would happen so I went with @Rainmaker87 Detroit Belle Isle track. It was shown as a win rar file so I thought that might make it easier. Well once again nothing seems to go right for me. I first tried to put it in CM and go from there but it said I needed the 7zip tool to unzip it and the download failed. Installed that and tried again but this time it didn't show up under the hamburger menu.

So now I tried just to choose download from a file. Didn't get any indication that it was downloading. But if you go back to CM and the hamburger menu and hover the cursor on it it says "1 file downloading" and if I try and close CM it says if you do that the download will cancel. But there's nothing anywhere indicating something is downloading. There's no progress bar graph or anything.

How do you tell if you have something installing or not? I'm going to leave it alone for awhile and check back on it later.

yes indeed, it was in preview only ,in game it's ok... so I could actually also make previews w "CSP for final preview render" on, they are fine too.
When I made these 'preview kn5 files' that option wasn't available in CSP yet. But as it is now it should work. Downside for me is that for some reason that option doesn't seem to work for me (CSP 0.1.80 prev 342). My previews always come out with a blurry background and some stuff doesn't even show.
So for Bonny's cars I still use these preview kn5...

Last edited:
I thought I would try a mod just to see what would happen so I went with @Rainmaker87 Detroit Belle Isle track. It was shown as a win rar file so I thought that might make it easier. Well once again nothing seems to go right for me. I first tried to put it in CM and go from there but it said I needed the 7zip tool to unzip it and the download failed. Installed that and tried again but this time it didn't show up under the hamburger menu.

So now I tried just to choose download from a file. Didn't get any indication that it was downloading. But if you go back to CM and the hamburger menu and hover the cursor on it it says "1 file downloading" and if I try and close CM it says if you do that the download will cancel. But there's nothing anywhere indicating something is downloading. There's no progress bar graph or anything.

How do you tell if you have something installing or not? I'm going to leave it alone for awhile and check back on it later.
you do get a progress bar on the pic i have here it is installed but if it was mid install it will have a bar that goes up. installing mods usually takes around 5 seconds or so depending on the file size. download a full car or track, drag and drop that into CM click on the 3 bars (they will turn green) and click install after it has read the file, watch the bar go up and bish bash bosh.........voila

Attachments

• Screenshot (34).png
    Screenshot (34).png
    105.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
you do get a progress bar on the pic i have here it is installed but if it was mid install it will have a bar that goes up. installing mods usually takes around 5 seconds or so depending on the file size. download a full car or track, drag and drop that into CM click on the 3 bars (they will turn green) and click install after it has read the file, watch the bar go up and bish bash bosh.........voila
When I click on the 3 bars it will quickly show the file then go away. I can't get that menu to stay there long enough to see what's going on.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back