Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
Usually what happens when the windscreen is a shader other than ksWindscreen (usually they use perpixelreflection which is meant for the exterior glass)
Ah, I think you've probably hit on it -- thanks for this. No experience with ksEditor, but I'll find a tutorial and try changing the shader on each affected car.
Checked the GP 1937, was OK for me, used the standard version. Which PP filter do you use?
Interesting. I'm using a heavily modified version of Gabimaix's 4PP filter. But it could also be that this is an issue that a more recent CSP has addressed (I'm still on 1.80 preview 1). Anyway, I appreciate your checking.

2023 Anest Iwata Racing with Arnage #50
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

All 50 Livery skins For The Nissan R32 JTCC

View attachment 1292659
In this mod, you'll find:

-50 livery skins for the Nissan Skyline R32 JTCC.

-Some skins are our own creations.

-Some skins are from other video games.

-Skins available in 2K and 4K resolution.

-A unique "Saltimbanco" skin inspired by a touring show.

The latest addition is the"Saltimbanco" skin, inspired by a touring show. This is a very rare livery skin

Special Credits:

• Collaborations with Shin956, for the Team UNISIA, and Castrol. skins

Download Patreon
Download GTplanet
Hugh effort on the skins, great work! I tried your updated nissan r32 gtr from a few pages back, on Ruapuna as an AI competitor. It kept hitting the curbs and flipping over. No cars completed a lap 🤣. However, there is a gtr from a JTCC set that works ok but still does hit the curbs a bit much compared to other cars.

Rainmaker: I noticed you did some updates for Ruapuna, which I have the latest one listed in this forum. Amazing to have a high quality pc version of my local track.

One thing that seems exagerated in the game is the bumps. The track is quite smooth in real life. Id say they should be 50% the size they currently are. See video:

Regards and happy racing
Mike

Last edited:
Something old, something new, some ... oh ffs, just take my life, Porsch.

Code:
The Porsche 934 was a racing version of the Porsche 911 Turbo, prepared to FIA Group 4 rules, similar to the Porsche 935 which was prepared to FIA Group 5 rules.

Original R3E, converted by First Studio Racing.
==============================

Version 1.1 by Pfalzdriver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source of specs: https://www.supercars.net/blog/1976-porsche-934/

Added:
- CSP extension
- Working turbo gauge, oil temp, oil press, turning lights, reverse lights, dash lights
- Working wipers
- Damage and dirt textures (Quick 'n dirty!)
- Body and windows damage
- Cintures
- RainFX V2 features
- LODs
- VAO
- Soundbank by DRM

Fixed:
- Aero (a Porsch isnt a Ferrari)
- Brakes (new mesh/materials and naming in brakes.ini)
- Suspension (a Porsch isnt a Ferrari)
- Gearing (irl the car didnt have six gears, ratios were all wrong)
- Engine (turbo was missing, power.lut was a natural aspired engine)
- Flames (positions/angles were completely off)
- Tires (This car had neither semislicks nor 90s slick tires)
- Digital instruments (except fuel light nothing worked)
- Collider (collider was too low and kn5 wasnt really fitting)
- Fuel (wrong capacity and tank position)

Download at Sharemods or GTPlanet

Bravo, this is outstanding. Virtual 911 heaven!

I'm not saying there's something wrong with anything... :)
Just canvasing opinion here..
Yes you´re right, my answer to your question was not exactly suitable. :crazy:

If i am honest i can`t even answer that, because non CM user, so i am fine with vanilla championships creation, but can`t really compare.

@Pfalzdriver did a really nice rework for the 934 mod. I saw that some skins in his version as well as some driver data were missing or simply incorrect. I removed these errors and sorted all folders by race event and year like Le Mans 1976-1981, Trans Am, IMSA, FIA WSC
I also added new livery.png's and Pfalzdrivers Skin.ini's etc.

__custom_showroom_1696618044.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618049.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618052.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618055.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618058.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618062.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618064.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618067.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618070.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618073.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618076.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618080.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618084.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618087.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618091.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618095.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618099.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618103.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618106.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618109.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618112.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618115.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618119.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618122.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618125.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618130.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618134.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618137.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618141.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618144.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618148.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618156.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618162.jpg__custom_showroom_1696618158.jpg

Last edited:
if your tyres look like they are bright white in sunlight and you are wondering how to fix this like i was (this will work on any car) then add these shader properties (see pic) into your z4 and your tyres should look a bit more natural in sunlight instead of being bright white. click on the three dots next to "material" to pull this screen up that i have pictured then go to "change values" and once done hit save and your good to go, the values on this bmw may not work the same on other car's, if not then play around with the values a little to get the desired effect all kunos car's seem to have different values. i have included a before and after pic so you can see exactly what i mean. I am using sol with csp 1.79 your results may vary depending on what you are using

Screenshot (186).png

Screenshot (179).png

Screenshot (187).png

Link updated to new version with what I think is better looking grass. Basically, it's a fork of the original grass so it has very faint mow lines like the original. Not the dramatic mow lines I was hoping to achieve like i've seen in real life photos but still a better looking grass than I came up with on the previous version. Still includes the one Grass track skin if you want more of a yellow tint to the grass.

Now if I could ever figure out how to make the flag edges stick to the poles, i'd be happy with the track. They just look so silly in high winds.
While trying to figure out how to get the flags to stick to the pole on Donington Park (still no luck), I did actually manage to have some kind of success in making them better. While they still look silly in high winds, the attached flag file replacement has much better lighting on the flags themselves. My original version was dark on one side and lighter on the other. These are more consistent from front to back. I also updated the original track link so if you ever need to reinstall the track, you don't have to come back here to get the new flags.

Attachments

• rj_doningtonpark2023_new_flags.zip
    322 KB · Views: 9
Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport 2016 Public Release !!!!
Download: https://sharemods.com/5jv7b1ckqpk7/peugeot_208_gti_2016_1.0.zip.html
-Model GT7
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics By Vr Driving
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1293122View attachment 1293123View attachment 1293124
please don't put spaces in the folder name, it creates problems online

peugeot_208 gti_2016 -> peugeot_208_gti_2016

UPDATE Modern Day Racing Series

v1.11
-changed Paul Ricard to new 2023 version, removed my obsolete fix

UPDATE Ruapuna Park 2012

v2.8
-reworked road mesh, smooth now for real
-removed dirt additiveness from pit area
-added semaphore by Quark67

Thanks Mike for reporting, there was a error in the objects naming that prevented the road to be real smooth.

Last edited:
Is it correct that both RSS and URD have made a GT3 car based on the GT3 BMW? If yes what you guys think is the best in terms of physics representation of the real car?
Only URD have released the current M4 GT3 BMW. RSS released the M6 GT3. The URD is extremely fast compared to other GT cars, including the others from URD. I am unsure what they BOPed it against.

Don't bother, I've realized it probably originates with the fact most of my LMH/LMDh mods come from a BoP'd pack & all my mods with that issue come from that pack...
The rr means The Racing Rats I presume. I have the (old) v2 version called trr_acura_arx-06_V2 (link for the most recent v7 is temporary down). Out of curiosity I tried it anyway and no, no issues either. So it must be something with the car you have.

UPDATE Modern Day Racing Series

v1.11
-changed Paul Ricard to new 2023 version, removed my obsolete fix

UPDATE Ruapuna Park 2012

v2.8
-reworked road mesh, smooth now for real
-removed dirt additiveness from pit area
-added semaphore by Quark67

Thanks Mike for reporting, there was a error in the objects naming that prevented the road to be real smooth.
Thanks so much! Amazing work! Will try later. Mike

Can someone clarify something for me with regards to BRAKEHINT in the ai_hints file. If you add a BRAKEHINT entry, is the value the amount of brake the ai will use in the start\end range or a percentage of what they would use? I.E, does a value of 0.7 mean they will use 70% brake or does it mean that if they were going to use 50% brake in a range, they will now use 35% (70% of 50).

What mod is this for, or the car folder name?

Okay, after searching, I found it. pfa_porsche_934t_rsr_rr

It only takes a minute or two to set up an archive with a directory structure so it's easy to install.

Last edited:
I seem to have found an easy solution to the windscreen shader problem (at least for the SimDream 1937 cars), thanks to the ever-resourceful @racinjoe013, who reminded me that shaders can be swapped pretty easily via ext_config.ini files. So I created an extension folder with a simple ext_config.ini in it for each problematic car. For the Auto Union Type C (f1_1937_autounion), for instance, the contents of the config file are:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = 37AU_GLASSGRAY-MAT.TGA [replace this with the proper material name for the specific car]
SHADER = ksWindscreen
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND

This is working perfectly for the f1_1937 cars, though it seems to be a more complicated proposition for most of the HSS cars with pre-existing configs...I'll keep plugging away on those. Anyway, many thanks to you guys for the help.

Last edited:
@Pfalzdriver did a really nice rework for the 934 mod. I saw that some skins in his version as well as some driver data were missing or simply incorrect. I removed these errors and sorted all folders by race event and year like Le Mans 1976-1981, Trans Am, IMSA, FIA WSC
I also added new livery.png's and Pfalzdrivers Skin.ini's etc.
Thank you.
They will be added to v1.2 :cheers:

But why is there a DAMAGE_NM in e.g. "... Haldi 69"?

Last edited:
Hi, can anyone help, Im trying Pyyers new Losail 2023 extension but getting aispline errors and the track will not load, the track loads and works fine without the extension? I have installed the track and extension fresh from the links he has provided and also tried all modes practice etc?

Thanks

Only URD have released the current M4 GT3 BMW. RSS released the M6 GT3. The URD is extremely fast compared to other GT cars, including the others from URD. I am unsure what they BOPed it against.
It's been the other way round for me - the RSS M6 usually dominates the field when I add it to races, although the M4 isn't too far behind. The other cars that do really well are Chemflummi's 296 and, for some reason, his 2015 Gallardo.

Hugh effort on the skins, great work! I tried your updated nissan r32 gtr from a few pages back, on Ruapuna as an AI competitor. It kept hitting the curbs and flipping over. No cars completed a lap 🤣.
Aw, I've experienced the same thing too. I'm really itching to use this R32 - it drives great and the interior is really looking awesome - but sometimes it does strange, unexpected things

I started my first public poll for the next track Release Friday. You can choose one of two tracks from South America. Free for all, your choice! (vote open until next Thursday)

this one: Potrero de los Funes

or this one: La Herradura 1967View attachment 1293219

La Herradura please, goddamn it. More vintage, more me happy.

Maybe a couple of beers will help. :lol: :cheers:
Beer helps for just about anything. #oktoberfest
Just be nice ;)
It's as easy as that. Beer usually helps for this as well. (Sometimes not.)
The #0 Interscope livery... ❤️

URD released the M4 GT3 2022 and the v2 from 2023.
But there's also a version from First Studio Race and another 2022 model, said to be from SimDream (mentioned in the ui as v1.000, which is a bit strange).
Questionable if it really is from Sim Dream since it doesn't appear in their shop either but it can be found for free:
https://sharemods.com/kx9j6e969bxx/bmw_m4_gt3_sim_dream.rar.html
It comes with 17 skins.
All four cars can do roughly the same lap times.

URD released the M4 GT3 2022 and the v2 from 2023.
But there's also a version from First Studio Race and another 2022 model, said to be from SimDream (mentioned in the ui as v1.000, which is a bit strange).
Questionable if it really is from Sim Dream since it doesn't appear in their shop either but it can be found for free:
https://sharemods.com/kx9j6e969bxx/bmw_m4_gt3_sim_dream.rar.html
It comes with 17 skins.
All four cars can do roughly the same lap times.
that was the car they ripped from Iracing. even jimmy broadbent mentioned it at the time

Hi guys. Having a problem that maybe someone can point me on the right track to correct.
I am finding my lap times are not being recorded in game (using AI driving) and I didn't have this issue before. It doesn't matter what car I choose or what skin. I'm using a mod and skin that I know worked previously. I have tried downgrading CSP to 1.80 218 and it works ok, but going back to the latest preview346 no laptime is recorded again. I dont have access to my wheel, so do testing with AI driving, but cant test if no laptimes are being recorded. Is there a setting I have missed, or is this now a feature of CM now?

Question for the car modders.

If i've got a mod car that bottoms out in some uneven turns all the time, which file do I want to fool with to raise the car's ride height without impacting something important or throwing off the look of the mod? I found two references to ride height in the suspension and car ini files, but don't know which one I should fool with or by how much is a safe value to change. Could use some help.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back