Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
Hi, can anyone help, Im trying Pyyers new Losail 2023 extension but getting aispline errors and the track will not load, the track loads and works fine without the extension? I have installed the track and extension fresh from the links he has provided and also tried all modes practice etc?

Thanks
Check his Patreon page for the solution

Last edited:
Hi All. Been trying to find an answer for this. When you watch replay camera sets in VR you don’t be able to see them all like you do on a flat screen. If you had 10 sets you might be able to see 6 different sets. The ones you can’t see still will show a camera set name and number but you still see the camera set before you change it. Is there a way to edit something in the set to make them work. Any ideas please. Cheers.

Question for the car modders.

If i've got a mod car that bottoms out in some uneven turns all the time, which file do I want to full with to raise the car's ride height without impacting something important or throwing off the look of the mod? I found two references to ride height in the suspension and car ini files, but don't know which one I should fool with or by how much is a safe value to change. Could use some help.
Before you actually change the suspension physics to affect ride height I always first use custom showroom to make sure the collider matches with the car, oftentimes I find them too low. The red box in custom showroom is the collider that bottoms out and that can be adjusted with collider.ini in data, I’d start there.

Otherwise the fast and dirty way to adjust ride height is to adjust BASEY in the suspension.ini file but functionally this is incorrect, to properly lower ride height you need to adjust rod length I believe but I never really fully figured it out myself.

Hi guys. Having a problem that maybe someone can point me on the right track to correct.
I am finding my lap times are not being recorded in game (using AI driving) and I didn't have this issue before. It doesn't matter what car I choose or what skin. I'm using a mod and skin that I know worked previously. I have tried downgrading CSP to 1.80 218 and it works ok, but going back to the latest preview346 no laptime is recorded again. I dont have access to my wheel, so do testing with AI driving, but cant test if no laptimes are being recorded. Is there a setting I have missed, or is this now a feature of CM now?
That happened in 346. Downgrade for the race I suppose. Note that your lap times are recorded and visible in-game with Race Essentials, Sidekick etc but the laptime isn't added to the roster with the other drivers. So you can compare your laptimes and know how you compare at least...

Before you actually change the suspension physics to affect ride height I always first use custom showroom to make sure the collider matches with the car, oftentimes I find them too low. The red box in custom showroom is the collider that bottoms out and that can be adjusted with collider.ini in data, I’d start there.

Otherwise the fast and dirty way to adjust ride height is to adjust BASEY in the suspension.ini file but functionally this is incorrect, to properly lower ride height you need to adjust rod length I believe but I never really fully figured it out myself.
Thanks. I'm fooling with that now, but with no luck so far. I'm not even sure bottoming out is the issue.

The car i'm having issues with is the yzd_ferrari_488_gte_evo mod. When I run a race at Nords with it in the field, the ai drivers for that car can never seem to get through Kleine Karussell without spinning. Near as I can tell from watching a replay is they are bottoming out, but i'm not even certain of that. I might have to leave that car out of the field at Nords unless I figure out why it happens.

EDIT: Thanks to you and @andrevr , I got the car to work on Nords. Had to raise the colliders a good bit to get it through Kleine Karussell, but it works. All this hassle because I redid the Nords ai so I could race on it. I've never really been able to run a race there before because of the inevitable pileup in the first turns so I was unaware that this car couldn't handle Kleine Karussell until now. Guess it was a good learning experience.

Last edited:
URD released the M4 GT3 2022 and the v2 from 2023.
But there's also a version from First Studio Race and another 2022 model, said to be from SimDream (mentioned in the ui as v1.000, which is a bit strange).
Questionable if it really is from Sim Dream since it doesn't appear in their shop either but it can be found for free:
https://sharemods.com/kx9j6e969bxx/bmw_m4_gt3_sim_dream.rar.html
It comes with 17 skins.
All four cars can do roughly the same lap times.
In this case what's the best model and physics?

Some new models and skins appear in this race that did not exist in the 1976 mod.Until the end of this "1976 Fittipaldi Team Career Mode"... if possible, I will share after adjusting (race by race) the new models and skins.
Brazilian Gp 1976 ( Copersucar FD04 - Emerson Fittipaldi ) - Career Mode Fittipaldi Team - TvCam

Brazilian Gp 1976 - Highlights

URD released the M4 GT3 2022 and the v2 from 2023.
But there's also a version from First Studio Race and another 2022 model, said to be from SimDream (mentioned in the ui as v1.000, which is a bit strange).
Questionable if it really is from Sim Dream since it doesn't appear in their shop either but it can be found for free:
https://sharemods.com/kx9j6e969bxx/bmw_m4_gt3_sim_dream.rar.html
It comes with 17 skins.
All four cars can do roughly the same lap times.
There's another one 😅 by The Racing Rats (TRR), but I didn't try it yet.

v1.1 bmw z4m coupe now in the d/loads section
changes: added an ext_config in the skin folder to brighten up the front splitter and also changed the AO layers in paint.net so the white body pops a little more thanks @Alguecool for that info.

if you have a rear window banner that looks a little yellow or a bit to dull go into your extension folder in the car's main folder and scroll down until you find this (see below) and change the values to what i have put below, it sorted mine you may need to tweak a little more depending on what version of the matrix you are using i am on CSP 1.79 and an old CM and sol

i deleted v1.0 of this skin which had the v1 window banner, so just v2 banner available with the new download i have removed the window banner post from the downloads section

if anyone ever wants the original paint.net file for any skin that i create so you can tweak it yourself feel free to DM me and i will send it over

[Material_Glass]
Materials = Window Glass,
IOR = 0.5
FilmIOR = 0.5
ThicknessMult = 0.2
ProfileFix = 0.1
FresnelC = 0.01
FresnelMaxLevel = 0.1
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.8
ExtraLightsAdjustment = 1.4

no more updates to this from me at least i am moving onto the next skin.

faaaaaaanks

Last edited:
That happened in 346. Downgrade for the race I suppose. Note that your lap times are recorded and visible in-game with Race Essentials, Sidekick etc but the laptime isn't added to the roster with the other drivers. So you can compare your laptimes and know how you compare at least...
Thanks I do use that. Sadly when I downgrade pure also needs to be downgraded as it requires 346 to operate.

Can anyone tell me how to best manage previews with csp? Let me start by saying that I see everything correctly in the game. In practice, some cars can be seen perfectly (like this Ferrari) while others look like stadium headlights (595). I tried changing some settings in the preview settings but to make the ones that blind you look good, the others become very dark. I am going crazy.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 45.png
    45.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Senzanome.png
    Senzanome.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 10
In this case what's the best model and physics?
The URD v2 imo. Though tbh, the First Studio Race is close.
Haven't tried the RacingRats version yet.

@GT3Masters97 in content page, hit Ctrl+k. A new page will open where you can make individual previews per skin. So if you made them all and there are some very bright (or dark) ones, you can change them.

Last edited:
I seem to have found an easy solution to the windscreen shader problem (at least for the SimDream 1937 cars), thanks to the ever-resourceful @racinjoe013, who reminded me that shaders can be swapped pretty easily via ext_config.ini files. So I created an extension folder with a simple ext_config.ini in it for each problematic car. For the Auto Union Type C (f1_1937_autounion), for instance, the contents of the config file are:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = 37AU_GLASSGRAY-MAT.TGA [replace this with the proper material name for the specific car]
SHADER = ksWindscreen
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND

This is working perfectly for the f1_1937 cars, though it seems to be a more complicated proposition for most of the HSS cars with pre-existing configs...I'll keep plugging away on those. Anyway, many thanks to you guys for the help.
Quick update, for anyone who might be interested: I figured out why the above wasn't working for most of the HSS cars -- they use different materials for the outside (glass) and inside (glass_int, glass_in, or glassin; check in Showroom) of the windscreens, so both need to be specified in the shader replacement. So the following can be added to the existing config files for those cars to correct the windscreen issue:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = glass, glass_int [or glass_in, or glassin]
SHADER = ksWindscreen
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND

Thanks again to @Short_Circut and @racinjoe013 for giving me the keys to solving this.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to best manage previews with csp? Let me start by saying that I see everything correctly in the game. In practice, some cars can be seen perfectly (like this Ferrari) while others look like stadium headlights (595). I tried changing some settings in the preview settings but to make the ones that blind you look good, the others become very dark. I am going crazy.
That depends on the car itself’s shader or materials values. Every mod uses different ones so there’s no winning there pretty much. You just have to deal with everything looking slightly different.

Quick update, for anyone who might be interested: I figured out why the above wasn't working for most of the HSS cars -- they use different materials for the outside (glass) and inside (glass_int, glass_in, or glassin; check in Showroom) of the windscreens, so both need to be specified in the shader replacement. So the following can be added to the existing config files for those cars to correct the windscreen issue:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = glass, glass_int [or glass_in, or glassin]
SHADER = ksWindscreen
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND

Thanks again to @Short_Circut and @racinjoe013 for giving me the keys to solving this.
they're meant to be separate materials. kswindscreen is only for the interior glass

grafik.png

Funny, I think it was there from the beginning, accidentally copied.
Indeed it was, so my bad. :banghead:

Edit:
Code:
Version 1.2 by Pfalzdriver
- Minor adjustments to suspension
- Added diff in setup
- Minor fixes to extension
- Added hood and trunk animation
- Added car template as PSD
- Added Cinture template with four predefined colours
- Reworked skins by MrHunt

Download at Sharemods or GTPlanet

I recommend a clean installation due to the new skins by MrHunt and I've updated one of 'em again. ;)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back