Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,798 comments
After one month without driving in AC, today, I launched it because I have around 500 new cars and 50 new tracks to test.
All I had install was tracks and a couple of APPS and SIMHUB stuff.

Strangely, I can't drive because all I get is a broadcasting view changing from car to car and a guy talking.
Even more weird is that sometimes, is not on track the car I had chosen to drive.

When I thought that CM or AC had enough weird dark side perturbations...
Any ideas of what is going on, and how can I sort it?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. CSP 1.79 working fine until now.
Do you have the "Streaming? Sweet!!" apps suite? Pretty sure it's that, the AutoCam and AnnouncerBot apps are auto-opening at the start of the AC session. I don't remember if you could deactivate the auto-start from CM, or if you have to edit some .ini file inside the app folder..

Hello to all!

@Rainmaker87 Thank you very much for efforts and quality of your mods, and thank you also for providing them for free.

I have a question about your MDRS championships. I started the BTCC one and I want to know if I can change the default car that the series assigns me (the Honda one) to one of the others available (lets say the BMW 330i). I cant see any option to that.

Thank you

Last edited:

Hello to all!

@Rainmaker87 Thank you very much for efforts and quality of your mods, and thank you also for providing them for free.

I have a question about your MDRS championships. I started the BTCC one and I want to know if I can change the default car that the series assigns me (the Honda one) to one of the others available (lets say the BMW 330i). I cant see any option to that.

Thank you
Yes, in CM, on the Content page, top left got to miscellaneous, USER CHAMPIONSHIPS then find the championship you want to change the default car for, click it then top right the is three options, one of them is cars. On the left there will be an image of the car you are given, click that and you can change it

:edit:

here's a screenshot

CM_User_Champ.jpg

Last edited:
After using a T300 with T3PA pedals since ages, what could be a logical upgrade? No DD wheel due to limited space and don´t want to spend a fortune for it.

After using a T300 with T3PA pedals since ages, what could be a logical upgrade? No DD wheel due to limited space and don´t want to spend a fortune for it.
I have exact the same setup and want to go (some day) to the MOZA R5 or even R9
This would be an perfect effordable and nice upgrade.

I watched lot of stuff about them and they both should work fine even on limited space and even desktop.

EDIT: At least in my opinion it makes no sense to go from the T300 to another non-DD wheel.
Because outside the DD section, the T300 is among the best we can get i think.

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to the completion of the two desired tracks, Citta Di Aria and Costa Di Amalfi.
According to my memories, the creator, 3Not21p or also someone from Steel Racing visit this forum...
It would be great if we finally got some good news.
My project is less interesting, but since I made 40 BTB buildings xPacks for the previous track, thought I'd use it and put together another level...

Last edited:
It ticks the box of space and affordability, i have no idea if it is any good though as i have not tried it. the people who have say its good and feels more than the 5nm as stated due to the motor being directly on the hub. But it may not be the look people want..........

Screenshot (248).png

Do you have the "Streaming? Sweet!!" apps suite? Pretty sure it's that, the AutoCam and AnnouncerBot apps are auto-opening at the start of the AC session. I don't remember if you could deactivate the auto-start from CM, or if you have to edit some .ini file inside the app folder..
Thanks for the help.
I have fixed it by deleting everything concerning the damn APP.

1698259460571.png

Why does my car automatically apply the brakes when I go off track in acu_mexico... how can I turn that off?

It is quite frustrating at the esses... pls help me guys...

Le Mans 1967

Le Mans 1967 v1.02

This is my take on the le_grand_circuit_1967 track done by Terra21 and updated by WooChoo and Virtua_LM. All credit for the track goes to those guys. I simply added some CSP features and altered a few textures\meshes to give it a look I prefer. It is a standalone track so as not to mess with the original and will come up as Le Mans 1967 in your track list. If you have a preferred ai you use with the original track, just copy it over to this version if you decide to use this. I'm not sure which ai version the track currently has right now because I was swapping out different versions.

Additions:

-- Seasonal changes.
-- Animated flags.
-- Animated CSP smoke in the fall and winter.

-- Added an alternate terrain folder that might be worth trying. It changes the look of the areas along Mulsanne Straight. Basically, it makes them a little darker and a little browner. Personally, I like it better because it doesn't look so bright. To try it, copy the contents of the Alternate_Terrain folder to the main track directory and overwrite when it asks. Might be smart to make a backup of the files that get replaced so you can revert back if you don't like the new look.

-- New pine trees texture. This one has some faults because the trunks don't quite line up with the uv mapping correctly. The original pine tree texture had slightly curved trunks. Mine doesn't so you can see some double trunks in spots if you are really looking for them. It doesn't bother me, but if it does for you, just enable the Original Trees track skin.
-- The Green Grass track skin does just what it says. Makes the grass look greener. Nice for a spring race.
-- The Misc track skin doesn't need to be enabled. It's a skin created by Instevs36 that I got from RD that I use at times. As mentioned.

-- If you find the ambient feel is a bit dark, you can go to the track's extension folder and rename the ext_config_lighter file to ext_config. It's not a drastic increase in brightness but enough to make a difference. It's actually the one I use.

View attachment 1248085
View attachment 1248086
Link updated with what could best be called an optional update. If you are happy with the track the way it is, you can skip this.

-- Corrected two instances of double flags on the poles above pit lane.
-- Shader adjustments for the objects around the pit area\front stretch to brighten them up a little. If you don't like the added brightness, open up the ext_config file and search for 'Front Stretch Objects' (there will be two of them). Set the active state to ACTIVE = 0 to go back to the old lighting.

Last edited:
Why does my car automatically apply the brakes when I go off track in acu_mexico... how can I turn that off?

It is quite frustrating at the esses... pls help me guys...
You could either don't go off track, or try changing the values in the surfaces.ini.
Can't check for myself because I'm using the VRC Mexico, which doesn't has that slowing down behavior.

Misha Charoudin at Kunos offices today!!

View attachment 1298050

View attachment 1298066
View attachment 1298067

Its either ACC or AC2 is gonna have the same HUD.

Which ask the question: is this AC2 and its confirmed to have timed races or is it some sort of ACC content not announced yet?
SORRY EVERYONE THIS DOESNT CONFIRM AC2!!!!

I am really looking forward to the completion of the two desired tracks, Citta Di Aria and Costa Di Amalfi.
According to my memories, the creator, 3Not21p or also someone from Steel Racing visit this forum...
My project is less interesting, but since I made 40 BTB buildings xPacks for the previous track, thought I'd use it and put together another level...

logo.png

:gtpflag:

Another amazing track, thank you @carTOON for your efforts!

As for Amalfi, Steel Racing said they were taking a break and not to expect updates in the near future regarding the track... so idk how that's going to go. The track is pretty good even in WIP form, but I would eventually hope for some more grid slots as I believe it's currently 12 cars. Who knows, maybe they will come back and eventually finish it.

Last edited:
I would, and did, upgrade pedals before leaving behind the T300. I went from the lowly DFGT pedals straight to the Fanatec Clubsport v3. If I recall, the T3PA isn't a load cell pedal set, and the CSv3 would feel like more of an upgrade than changing from the T300 to a modest DD. I recently moved from that wheel the the CSL DD, and I have to say, for me, it's not a huge change. I used my T300 for about two years, and was quite happy with how it feels in AC. I use the CSL DD with the recommended AC setup from the Fanalab app, and the feel is quite similar. It could be that there are settings that widen the gap of performance between these two wheelbases, but.. I haven't felt like tweaking things just yet.

As others have said, the CSL DD size is on par with the T300. Two considerations to make, though, depending on how you're mounting it, is that the steering wheel will be relatively closer to you, and the base doesn't have any built in angle to it. I had my T300 bolted to my desk, with me seated at on office chair. Bolting the CSL DD was wonky without the angle upward, and using the table clamp threw off the overall ergonomics with the pedals, etc. Now, the funny thing is that I do have a Playseat Challenge portable rig which I never ended up using before, as I felt okay with the desk setup, and just got used to it, and found it more versatile for living with. But interestingly, my solution for now, at least, has become to use the Playseat for the wheel and pedals, and keep the monitor on the edge of the desk.

This is all to say I have using pretty much the same space I was before in a slightly different, and more optimal way. I hope some of this helps your journey!

Last edited:
Another amazing track, thank you @carTOON for your efforts!

As for Amalfi, Steel Racing said they were taking a break and not to expect updates in the near future regarding the track... so idk how that's going to go. The track is pretty good even in WIP form, but I would eventually hope for some more grid slots as I believe it's currently 12 cars. Who knows, maybe they will come back and eventually finish it.
Thanks for the info mate!

Thanks, I did not know him.

After I've browsed through some of his videos, I can honestly say I would never ever step inside a car with him at the wheel.
He obviously knows his way around the ring, but I find his uber-aggresive style of driving quite dangerous.
I get the feeling he's someone who wants to be perceived as a professional racing driver, but really isn't..

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what I should check/uncheck as a CSP box to remove this light next to the car as in the photo? I have only just switched to the v0.1.79 patch (I was in v0.1.78 before and there was not this kind of reflection on the ground of the circuits).

If I understand correctly it's a kind of reflection in the body of the car which reflects on the road or is it not normal to see it like that?

My problem, an example on the special ss_cabanette, even in the dark areas/shadows of the route there is this light next to the cars.

If this request has already been made I apologize yes I am late, after several years of absence for various reasons, I have been back up to standard as before in terms of mods only a few months ago.
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_rj_lemans_1967_25-9-123-14-18-30.jpg

Can someone tell me what I should check/uncheck as a CSP box to remove this light next to the car as in the photo? I have only just switched to the v0.1.79 patch (I was in v0.1.78 before and there was not this kind of reflection on the ground of the circuits).
Disable this one under extraFx:

Attachments

• 1692870309278.png
    1692870309278.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks, I did not know him.

After I've browsed through some of his videos, I can honestly say I would never ever step inside a car with him at the wheel.
He obviously knows his way around the ring, but I find his uber-aggresive style of driving quite dangerous.
I get the feeling he's someone who wants to be perceived as a professional racing driver, but really isn't..
Well, he is Dutch though. ;)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back