Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,797 comments
the S3 found in the garage the other day shows very bad bodywork... is that something that can be "quickfixed" with any CSP trickery?

1698148395235.png

is this lack of detail in the 3D model ? (with over 700K triangles, I would expect it to be butter smooth, but I guess I misinterprete these numbers... )

I take this opportunity to ask you and others this question: could the release of AC2 in 2024, now more or less close, affect the quality of the mods? In the sense that perhaps they care less about the product as "AC1 is on its last legs" (not for the users, but I think they will focus on AC2 then if it is moddable).
I hope it's not off-topic because we're talking about mods anyway, but in case I apologize lol
I have no crystal ball at my disposition :D so I'm only guessing here.
I think/hope that's not the case.
If it is, I don't think it's a wise move.
We - at least I - don't know if AC2 will be moddable at all...

Bravo. You've done a great, great job, especially with the AO and shaders (which this car deserves, but has not had in any of the mods I've found till now). Fizix seem to be correct/appropriate (to me, no DD, no VR) and sound is spot on.

This car, with Le Mans 1967 from @racinjoe013 , is just MAGIC.
Thank you.
thank you, your extended review is useful for me

I have no crystal ball at my disposition :D so I'm only guessing here.
I think/hope that's not the case.
If it is, I don't think it's a wise move.
We - at least I - don't know if AC2 will be moddable at all...
Yes, I meant your prediction. Let's just hope it's a passing moment :dopey:
the S3 found in the garage the other day shows very bad bodywork... is that something that can be "quickfixed" with any CSP trickery?

View attachment 1297667
is this lack of detail in the 3D model ? (with over 700K triangles, I would expect it to be butter smooth, but I guess I misinterprete these numbers... )
I assume it's a bad topology of the 3D model and it can't be fixed with cm alone. 😞

is there any way of making the interior windscreen banner visible from the outside? the interior windscreen is mapped but the exterior is not

i have spent 6 hours trying to map the outside in blender and its apparent that i am way out of my depth so doing it myself is not an option, i haven't learnt 10% of skinning yet let alone anything else.

thanks

Screenshot (243).png

hi guys and girls, I want to say that the link of the track solitude made by weikangcai don't work (in breathe's list, of course) also valentino park by zoso666 (the one not updated by me)

Has anyone ever had an issue with a car where when they launch the game they can accelerate and the engine sound completely dissapears. Having issues with the fsr focus as soon as I leave and re launch it does exactly the same thing. Tried everything I can think of, deleted and re installed the car, verified game files even replaced the car sound but always does the same thing.

24H
are the windows paintable? so you could create the banner from the outside
this is what i have, it is paintable but if you put any kind of paint on the outside of the front screen it does that same pattern multiple times over on the rest of the outside windows. the only window that is mapped is the inside of the front. all exterior windows are mapped together under "clear_glass.dds"

Screenshot (244).png

Last edited:
this is what i have, it is paintable but if you put any kind of paint on the outside of the front screen it does that same pattern multiple times over on the rest of the outside windows. the only window that is mapped is the inside of the front. all exterior windows are mapped together under "clear_glass.dds"
which mod is it? Could you share a link? I will have a look.

24H
which mod is it? Could you share a link? I will have a look.
as it happened a chap who i have never spoke to before on discord just did the AO for me and resent me the car, however i really do appreciate your offer you were willing to give up your time to help me and that has not gone un-noticed. It actually turns out the AO bake for the outiside windows was there but just not inside the box or anything so not visible until you were in 3d software. Thats how green i am i never even noticed that in 6 hours in blender

Last edited:
Hey Guys
I'm the author of the VW BEETLE "THE ROTTEN SOUL"

If some of you are able to help me for:
-Create LOD
-Do a good and visual Shift animation
-Improve that mod if you think something wrong
You can pm me with pleasure ;)
View attachment 977324
A couple of weeks ago I heard there was a v2.0 of this car. Forgot where I read it, can't find a v2.0 anywhere.
Can you shed some light ? :P

2023 CrowdStrike Racing by Random Vandals #92
you can download here--https://www.facebook.com/groups/guerillamods
Any chance there's a link for non FB'ers ?

Last edited:

View attachment 1297667
the normal messed up! 3ds weight normal modifier might be able to fix it.

Hi folks ive been trying to create a customs preview saved from a showroom . Every time i save the preview its allways a lots lighter, looking washed out ? Any ideas ? Thankyou.

I take this opportunity to ask you and others this question: could the release of AC2 in 2024, now more or less close, affect the quality of the mods? In the sense that perhaps they care less about the product as "AC1 is on its last legs" (not for the users, but I think they will focus on AC2 then if it is moddable).
I hope it's not off-topic because we're talking about mods anyway, but in case I apologize lol
I see where you are coming from. I think, regardless, if you're planning to make money out from something, it would make a lot more sense to at least keep the quality consistent in the long run, or have gone the extra mile like with VRC Alpha 2023. I'm more confident in buying RSS or VRC mods when they move to AC2, rather than URD, because I know what I'm getting.

But this is also when there are talented modders here and out there that have already set the bar high for free or at a more affordable price, I think URD should be on par at least with some care put into them because lately, they all feel rushed, released and abandoned.

Edit: grammar and stuff

Last edited:
X90
Noting for others that this is not a free download, it's locked behind the Guerilla Mods Patreon, unlike the full 0.99 GT4 update from earlier this year.

I don't have a problem with remuneration for modding work, of course. I simply think it'd be prudent to note in this post that this is a Patron exclusive release, rather than simply a "download" - which, like countless other mods posted on here, would imply it's free.

My two cents.

EDIT: Might be also wise to note this is actually a completely new car, a new M4 GT4 for 2023, and not an update to the previous M4 GT4, which is what I thought this was. Might make the $1 patron dip more enticing to clarify.

Does anyone know what's wrong with the AO on their cars recently?

The GT500 pack had this weird problem where there was poor and inaccurate AO coverage everywhere, and it seems like every release they've done since has had this problem - this new Ferrari included. Everything looks flat, both in CM Previews and in races.

I'm more favorable to URD than most on here, it seems, as I have bought ~80% of their mods on their Sellfy. Just picked up the 2021 992 Cup Car, and I think it's the best rendition of this car I've driven in any sim. Driving it on the Reboot Oulton last night was a blast.

But I wait for sales and have bought nothing recent, and haven't given any of the new cars a "try" - so perhaps the quality has dipped.
The M4 GT4 isn't finished completely yet. Its just a small teaser for the upcoming 1.0 release of the GT4 pack with all new graphics and phyisics. :) So I guess the paywall will drop in some time

Hi, does someone have the following car / folder? For some reason, my folder is missing some .kn5-files so the car can't be used. Would highly appreciate your help.
drks_nissan_300zx_2_2_s1
1698234372425.png

After one month without driving in AC, today, I launched it because I have around 500 new cars and 50 new tracks to test.
All I had install was tracks and a couple of APPS and SIMHUB stuff.

Strangely, I can't drive because all I get is a broadcasting view changing from car to car and a guy talking.
Even more weird is that sometimes, is not on track the car I had chosen to drive.

When I thought that CM or AC had enough weird dark side perturbations...
Any ideas of what is going on, and how can I sort it?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. CSP 1.79 working fine until now.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back