Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,904 comments
Problems with sharing tracks since most recent CSP:

In my little private racing community I share mods (tracks and cars) via SimSync Pro or ftp. Since everybody upgraded to the last CSP version we are experiencing problems with shared tracks. Everybody except me gets an error that says something like "wrong CSP version" when joining the server. When the tracks are downloaded from the original source by the members instead of syncing, we have no problems at all.
So I guess, when first driving a track CSP creates files with which anybody else can't work. But what are these files?

Last edited:
Finally bougt the VRC Laguna and Peugeot. No matter what i do .... the Laguna is not working :confused:

Never had that problem before.... Btw. I am using the vanilla launcher no CM and the non CSP car because i am on CSP 1.79

I got a Message while loading cars metadata: ERRORS with content vrc_erc_1999_renoir, view log for details.

The Log says: "ERROR Car: vrc_erc_1999_renoir Invalid JSON primitive"

Donwloaded the car few times again but no result. Please HELP

EDIT: solved view following posts...

Last edited:
Please HELP :(
Is it possible that some file has broken, not sure. Stranger when nobody else before had mentioned it, but if it were the case, i'll check the supposed wrong file and compare it with another people, only to see that is not a matter of downloading issues.

Otherwise I'm thinking if not big Modding teams work focuses on developing their new cars according to updated new standards every time, but I'm supposed to trust that they contemplate older versions of CSP and Vanilla Launcher too.

Finally bougt the VRC Laguna and Peugeot. No matter what i do .... the Laguna is not working :confused:

Never had that problem before.... Btw. I am using the vanilla launcher no CM and the non CSP car because i am on CSP 1.79

I got a Message while loading cars metadata: ERRORS with content vrc_erc_1999_renoir, view log for details.

The Log says: "ERROR Car: vrc_erc_1999_renoir Invalid JSON primitive"

Donwloaded the car few times again but no result. Please HELP :(
under folder UI rename file ui_car.json in ui_car.temp, then change again it with original json extension and try.

Yeah I know about hard links and junctions, used them in the past when I had multiple small hard drives.
Thanks for the info, unfortunately not what I was looking for, I meant specifically within CM, I had the way skins are displayed.
Short of going through all the cars that have lots of skins and changing the livery.png for each and every skin to something that better shows the skin info I'm sure I am stuck with this:

View attachment 1311186
Can't do anything about the livery.png except change it yourself like you're doing, but you can change how AC sorts skins, either by name, ID, or number.

1702406840635.png

I switched it to name, then custom named my skins for those that needed it (batch editing in the UI edit tab is your friend) and it "auto sorts" it for me by series, or whatever I call the skins

Screenshot 2023-12-12 133425.jpg

So this, looks like this when you select a car. You can tweak the naming structure to "force" sorting in whatever way works for you.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 133335.jpg

A big thanks to the skin makers who package their liveries with the names set up and a period correct livery.png. Appreciate the little details. I know recently there have been a few skins for the new GT1 Aston Martin which were named like this :cheers:

Last edited:
Is it possible that some file has broken, not sure. Stranger when nobody else before had mentioned it, but if it were the case, i'll check the supposed wrong file and compare it with another people, only to see that is not a matter of downloading issues.

Otherwise I'm thinking if not big Modding teams work focuses on developing their new cars according to updated new standards every time, but I'm supposed to trust that they contemplate older versions of CSP and Vanilla Launcher too.
LOL i figured it out (after spending an hour :banghead: )

The nonCSP car has a damage file in the UI folder, either its the ui_car.json or the camera.trajectory.json

I copied both files from the CSP car folder and pasted them into the non CSP car folder - and Voila! the car is working !

umb
under folder UI rename file ui_car.json in ui_car.temp, then change again it with original json extension and try.
just figured it out, thanks. Just copied the files from csp car folder (see above)

Would you like to share that 320i?
I forgot i had those interieur update already installed. As i don`t know which files these was here the whole updated car again:

LOL i figured it out (after spending an hour :banghead: )

The nonCSP car has a damage file in the UI folder, either its the ui_car.json or the camera.trajectory.json

I copied both files from the CSP car folder and pasted them into the non CSP car folder - and Voila! the car is working !

just figured it out, thanks. Just copied the files from csp car folder (see above)

I forgot i had those interieur update already installed. As i don`t know which files these was here the whole updated car again:

The 320i with the updated cockpit that was shown last year hasn't gone public isn't it ? Shame? Or maybe someone could try the RF2 version which is this one anyways - can't recall how RF2 conversions work lmao

Can't do anything about the livery.png except change it yourself like you're doing, but you can change how AC sorts skins, either by name, ID, or number.

View attachment 1311223

I switched it to name, then custom named my skins for those that needed it (batch editing in the UI edit tab is your friend) and it "auto sorts" it for me by series, or whatever I call the skins

View attachment 1311220
So this, looks like this when you select a car. You can tweak the naming structure to "force" sorting in whatever way works for you.

View attachment 1311221

A big thanks to the skin makers who package their liveries with the names set up and a period correct livery.png. Appreciate the little details. I know recently there have been a few skins for the new GT1 Aston Martin which were named like this :cheers:
Cheers for that, will look into doing similar. Its not a perfect solution but its better than nothing. Might well look into doing some custom livery.png for cars with lots of skins...well at least those I use the most.

👍

Is there any way to group skins into folders or something?
I find the long and ever expanding collection of livery icons for some cars really messy, would be nice if you could group them in folders or something for series, seasons etc
As an alternative, you can package your skins in some "mod" fashion.
Then, enable or disable your "mods" with the integrated mod manager.

For example, you can have a "mod" with the cars skins for the DTM'20 season and, in the same mod, all track layout for that season.

And you can even store the mod folder in another hdd...

As an alternative, you can package your skins in some "mod" fashion.
Then, enable or disable your "mods" with the integrated mod manager.

For example, you can have a "mod" with the cars skins for the DTM'20 season and, in the same mod, all track layout for that season.

And you can even store the mod folder in another hdd...
Sounds like a solution looking for a problem..?
The Littlebird has over 75 skins and I've never wished that they were subdivided into separate folders. For me, that would make it harder to select the one I wanted.
I guess @RicME85 could rename each skin folder for a particular car so that they appear in a particular order, grouped together that way?

I guess @RicME85 could rename each skin folder for a particular car so that they appear in a particular order, grouped together that way?
I've been doing exactly that for quite some time for especially the GT cars that race in various series. For RSS' Huracan Evo for example it looks like this in CM and in the skins folder

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 005817.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 005817.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-12-13 005913.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 005913.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

View attachment 1311223

View attachment 1311220

View attachment 1311221

where do yo find all these skins please ?
i dont find so much interesting stuff when i go on racedepart'

where do yo find all these skins please ?
i dont find so much interesting stuff when i go on racedepart'
Racedepartment mostly. Might be a few from here. Most of the IMSA skins there I think came in packs. I know the weathertech and winward racing were.

It gets harder if you're searching for a car that wasn't just released, but for the merc skins, I probably searched "RSS Merc" or RSS Mercer, Mercer, AMG GT3, RSS GT3 etc (the search engine game, trying to guess what others are thinking when titling their content). You can also try searching by series if you want specific skins like Spa or N24 etc.

For Kunos cars, I'll check this spreadsheet in addition to searching. It's not super current and I can't remember where I found it (probably here?) but it's a good resource. This site seems to have some overlap with the spreadsheet and has visuals

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why, with Smart Mirror/Real Mirrors enabled, the view in the central rearview mirror of some cars (for example, the WSC Legends Porsche 904/8 and 906E and AC Legends GTC Porsche 904/6) is slightly choppy, while it's perfectly fluid for others (like the WSC Legends Chevron and the GTC Alfa Romeo 33 Corsa Stradale and '69 GTR Corvette)? The difference is really noticeable when comparing with the F11 Virtual Mirror, but it can't just be a function of using Smart Mirror/Real Mirrors, because most of the AC Legends GTC cars (and other cars) are completely fluid under those conditions. It's been frustrating me for some time and I just wondered if anyone might know why it happens.

Last edited:
Nobody has any troubles with the VRC bunch pitting during offline races?
Anybody?
Am I the only one?
Quite frustrating - testing for two days now, several different tracks, mods and originals.
"New AI behaviour" is off, no extra files in the AI folder of the tracks... man, I don't know anymore.
I think shy of editing the cars themselves I tried quite a lot...

Anybody?
Am I the only one?
Quite frustrating - testing for two days now, several different tracks, mods and originals.
"New AI behaviour" is off, no extra files in the AI folder of the tracks... man, I don't know anymore.
are you running just quick races or the full weekend?

i sometimes have this issue when running quick races, but race weekends run without this pitting issues

Anybody?
Am I the only one?
I had the same problem I think they don't know how much fuel to run with, so I let them do a track day for say 10 laps then did the race and they seemed to be fine all completed a 15 lap race without pitting.

Hope that helps

Mark

Only running championships with race weekends in it. Never had this problem.
Only when setting up rainy weather and the cars do not have rain tyres.

Only running championships with race weekends in it. Never had this problem.
Only when setting up rainy weather and the cars do not have rain tyres.
There is another possibility. In the types of weather, where the "probability of rain" (in Pure Planner->data) is greater than zero, some cars enter the pit automatically, if a few drops start to fall. That's why I edited the data in each weather mode like scattered clouds, broken clouds, or overcast to "rain probability"=0%. Because otherwise, sometimes it starts to rain.

Last edited:
Some config editing for the interior of the BMW E46 M3 GTR🙂

53393630777_5a7f08aa28_o.png

53394996460_382ed37ff2_o.png

53393630772_b71da71dfe_o.png
Great looking work. Is it supposed to be the 2004/2005 GTR model? If so, then it should be a H pattern gear shift that looks similar to the kunos GT2 version but as H pattern. Also the display looks very late type, much later than 2005?

There is another possibility. In the types of weather, where the "probability of rain" (in Pure Planner->data) is greater than zero, some cars enter the pit automatically, if a few drops start to fall. That's why I edited the data in each weather mode like scattered clouds, broken clouds, or overcast to "rain probability"=0%. Because otherwise, sometimes it starts to rain.
Strange. I can let it “little drizzle” or light rain, sleet” and they will continue even on slicks.
Only if I go “higher” with proper rain…they give up.
But some cars give up a race in rain even having rain tyres.

So taken all together the whole rain thing is for me right now only a candy thing.
Not really useful while running proper championships (also the balancing gets corrupted but it’s another topic)

Last edited:
thank you your answers!
I had it occur on track days too but maybe I set the practice and qualifying stints too short.
I`ll keep on trying, the cars are great and maybe I´ll get it to work.

Anyone else suffering from very long loading times in AC? I've done the Fault Tolerant Heap -thing and it worked fine for a time, but now I'm getting 4-5 minutes loading times on bigger tracks, even when I'm hotlapping. First loading time is always the longest. Game is installed on a few years old SSD that is supposed to be in 100%-condition. FPS is constant ands smoot, no other problems performance wise whatsoever.

This is really killing my joy in the game since I'm testing a lot of things daily, going back and forth around the circuits.

well my hoarded collection is already on a 2TB SSD , but it wouldn't suffice if I wouldn't compress it ...

View attachment 1311026

when your content folder starts being the size of mine , you might wanna consider going for compression..
Or feel free to buy a 4TB SSD then :)

(I'm just informing there are options to save a lot of disk space - without any noticeable downsides)

thanks, but this would hide it in all skins... not just in mine.
I'm wondering why the method I used isn't working...
but I will try the HIDE command inside the skins ext_config.ini, maybe it'll do the trick :cheers:

EDIT: yes it worked like that , thanks!

View attachment 1311032

if anyone wants this MNP skin (for the new VRC Laguna ) , you can download it here
BRUH my AC just takes 200gb, HOW THE **** did you got 2TB???

Last edited by a moderator:
Its pretty easy isnt it? Hoarding every mod possible is a big contributor. I have a number of duplicate cars, the originals and then a few duplicates that are renamed because they are BOP'ed against a specific set of cars.

AC_Size.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back