Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Does the Primera match the VRC cars? or how heavily do you need to BOP?
Take a look here:

Thats my RD account with my "BOP Project" also posted here somewhere. Of course now with The Laguna and the Peugeot from VRC rebalancing will be needed.

Btw. I think the Primera and the Volvo are very well done and as challanging to drive as the VRC cars. So imo they fit very well together. I did not drive the BMW so far, because he is not really finished yes (probably never will be).
But the other cars from f302 do not really fit driving wise. However they do work well as AI grid fillers and anyway i am grateful to have them

Last edited:
Gosh, all this talk of Super Touring has got me wishing for VRC to add a couple of oddballs to the pack. Ones that comply with the regulations but never ran in the BTCC. Like the Chrysler / Dodge Stratus, or the Toyota Camry. One can dream...

Dodge_Stratus_Super_Touring.jpg
Toyota_Camry_Super_Touring.jpg

Take a look here:

Thats my RD account with my "BOP Project" also posted here somewhere. Of course now with The Laguna and the Peugeot from VRC rebalancing will be needed.

Btw. I think the Primera and the Volvo are very well done and as challanging to drive as the VRC cars. So imo they fit very well together. I did not drive the BMW so far, because he is not really finished yes (probably never will be).
But the other cars from f302 do not really fit driving wise. However they do work well as AI grid fillers and anyway i am grateful to have them
I dont remember where i have it from, but i do have a version of the 320i with a modded interior (must be from here)

1702320970829.png

Last edited:
For anyone using compactGUI to keep their content folder from filling up their SSD too quickly , I found an even faster alternative...
Now, I don't mind about this things... Yesterday I cloned sucessfully my 500 Gb M2 hard drive (which only had left about 16 GB free) to a new one of 2 Tb, for the pc that I use exclusively for Assetto Corsa and to share my ******** in this (and other) forums... not without having been on the verge of a meltdown of the core of the Earth on several occasions... Yesterday was a emotion rollercoaster day: fear, happiness, fear again, distress, rage and final rejoicing and relax when I checked that everything was working perfectly and I had not lost all the mods and settings hoarded during these years in the unfathomable abyss of a bottomless and exasperating pit of bits and megabytes...

A few days ago someone commented that they didn't dare to do it because it always ended in disaster, but if an old man like me, who have no idea about computers, have been able to do it, anyone (who does not suffer from hypertension or serious heart problems) can achieve it with a little care.

(And now the geeky computer scientist will arrive saying that it's no big deal... 😒)

Creating a skin with more visibility ( preferred over safety features.)
The rollcage gets hidden perfectly but the safety net doesn't hide!? (temp) download here

Anyone knows why this isn't hiding?

1702326643587.png

Last edited:
Creating a skin with more visibility ( preferred over safety features.)
The rollcage gets hidden perfectly but the safety net doesn't hide!? (temp) download here

Anyone knows why this isn't hiding?

View attachment 1311022
create extension folder and a ext_config write

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=vrc_erc_1998_pageau_a.kn5 (<---must do for all lods like) vrc_erc_1998_pageau_b.kn5 etc.
HIDE=...take the name from the net mesh to hide

Now, I don't mind about this things... Yesterday I cloned sucessfully my 500 Gb M2 hard drive (which only had left about 16 GB free) to a new one of 2 Tb, for the pc that I use exclusively for Assetto Corsa and to share my ******** in this (and other) forums... not without having been on the verge of a meltdown of the core of the Earth on several occasions... Yesterday was a emotion rollercoaster day: fear, happiness, fear again, distress, rage and final rejoicing and relax when I checked that everything was working perfectly and I had not lost all the mods and settings hoarded during these years in the unfathomable abyss of a bottomless and exasperating pit of bits and megabytes...

A few days ago someone commented that they didn't dare to do it because it always ended in disaster, but if an old man like me, who have no idea about computers, have been able to do it, anyone (who does not suffer from hypertension or serious heart problems) can achieve it with a little care.

(And now the geeky computer scientist will arrive saying that it's no big deal... 😒)
well my hoarded collection is already on a 2TB SSD , but it wouldn't suffice if I wouldn't compress it ...

1702327686900.png

when your content folder starts being the size of mine , you might wanna consider going for compression..
Or feel free to buy a 4TB SSD then :)

(I'm just informing there are options to save a lot of disk space - without any noticeable downsides)

create extension folder and a ext_config write

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=vrc_erc_1998_pageau_a.kn5 (<---must do for all lods like) vrc_erc_1998_pageau_b.kn5 etc.
HIDE=...take the name from the net mesh to hide
thanks, but this would hide it in all skins... not just in mine.
I'm wondering why the method I used isn't working...
but I will try the HIDE command inside the skins ext_config.ini, maybe it'll do the trick :cheers:

EDIT: yes it worked like that , thanks!

1702328402456.png

if anyone wants this MNP skin (for the new VRC Laguna ) , you can download it here

thanks, but this would hide it in all skins... not just in mine.
I'm wondering why the method I used isn't working...
but I will try the HIDE command inside the skins ext_config.ini, maybe it'll do the trick :cheers:
This is what i forget to say, sorry!

Has anyone ever fixed the non-functional wipers on the tc_legends_amg_300sel mod? I tried adding a wiper entry in the config, but it didn't work. Thanks...

Just found this on Facebook, possible come back may be?

That's an Acura ARX-03b LMP2 from 2013.

So it's essentially the IER P13C (the ARX-03c) but de-tuned. Not the most exciting thing IMO for their big comeback, but it's nice they're still around making mods for us instead of private simulator work, and I prefer LMP2 cars to P1 cars usually, they're just nicer to drive.

Hopefully this also means they can finish the 458 GT3 they started in 2019.

1702337531026.png

Also this is an edit for if anyone was dissapointed by F302's Hyundai Genesis Gr3 skins. I made the white skin colour-corrected to the proper N Performance Blue for a more authentic livery.

1702338542241.jpeg

Just extract it from the skin zip file below and throw it into the car's skins folder.

Attachments

• Performance Blue.zip
    488.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
For anyone using compactGUI to keep their content folder from filling up their SSD too quickly ,
I found an even faster alternative, which I am preffering now over compactGUI.

If you wanna periodically scan and compress your entire content directory because adding new cars and tracks has made your SSD to become almost full again, give this one a try!
Check here for details.
I prefer this, because it actually works at the latest version, THANKS A LOT

I've been told in the URD discord that the only reason this is being released is because IER, or one of their members, wanted to go back and redo the P13C physics since it's pretty outdated now.

So in other words don't get your hopes up that IER is actually going to make anything new or expand upon any currently unfinished projects.

Last edited:

I love the P13c, it's still one of the most spectacular driving cars in sim racing, but it's really only useful for hotlapping and league events. It's hands down the worst AI car I've ever used in AC. (I'm sure there are **** mod cars out there that I've never driven extensively that are worse).

It wrecks everywhere. It wrecks on Kunos tracks, it wrecks on Lilski tracks, it wrecks on Nukedrop tracks, it wrecks on everything I've ever tried. It is unusable in AI weekends. And spectacularly so - it will just explode right into the wall with no care whatsoever, and Turn 1 unfailingly retires 5 or 6 cars. I spent a few days trying every troubleshooting step possible to fix it a few years ago, to no avail. VRC and Kunos modern protos in the exact same test scenario work just fine (or, you know, as expected for AC). It was clearly not a priority (or even a concern) for the team when making it, which is fine, but a bit of a shame, as it's a top 5 car for me in the game. I just never drive it anymore because no one runs it in pub lobbies and I would prefer a short AI weekend to hotlapping 95% of the time.

Maybe a modern P13c update will finally fix it. It is otherwise still excellent. The tire warm up and temp management is significantly better than any other AC car I've driven, and the FFB feel is second to none. You can really feel the edge of the road in this car - it's remarkable.

If this is an IER return, even a minor one, I'd actually be more interested in updates to the Oreca and Dallara Corvette USCC protos. Still great cars as well, but certainly could use quite a bit of touching up. Last update for those was now 5 years ago.

Last edited:
X90
I love the P13c, it's still one of the most spectacular driving cars in sim racing, but it's really only useful for hotlapping and league events. It's hands down the worst AI car I've ever used in AC. (I'm sure there are **** mod cars out there that I've never driven extensively that are worse).

It wrecks everywhere. It wrecks on Kunos tracks, it wrecks on Lilski tracks, it wrecks on Nukedrop tracks, it wrecks on everything I've ever tried. It is unusable in AI weekends. And spectacularly so - it will just explode right into the wall with no care whatsoever, and Turn 1 unfailingly retires 5 or 6 cars. I spent a few days trying every troubleshooting step possible to fix it a few years ago, to no avail. VRC and Kunos modern protos in the exact same test scenario work just fine (or, you know, as expected for AC). It was clearly not a priority (or even a concern) for the team when making it, which is fine, but a bit of a shame, as it's a top 5 car for me in the game. I just never drive it anymore because no one runs it in pub lobbies and I would prefer a short AI weekend to hotlapping 95% of the time.

Maybe a modern P13c update will finally fix it. It is otherwise still excellent. The tire warm up and temp management is significantly better than any other AC car I've driven, and the FFB feel is second to none. You can really feel the edge of the road in this car - it's remarkable.

If this is an IER return, even a minor one, I'd actually be more interested in updates to the Oreca and Dallara Corvette USCC protos. Still great cars as well, but certainly could use quite a bit of touching up. Last update for those was now 5 years ago.
if only they made seperated cars that suite differents aero spec, because all of the work on it is useless since all is encrypted and have more than 3 oor 4 aero spec.
For reality accuracy it's a non sense

... when your content folder starts being the size of mine , you might wanna consider going for compression...
Well, actually I DO compress the AC files, but I use the in-game tool, since I avoid installing new programs on the PC to keep things as simple as possible... Anyway, it's a good thing to know alternatives, thanks for share... 😁
... or feel free to buy a 4TB SSD then...
And go through the whole process again with my heart in my mouth in case I destroy AC? No thanks, not again... 😰

(Just kidding, as always... 😜)

shi
Quattro Raceway v1.1
View attachment 1195294
A fictional venue through Elves forest.
Conversion from Grand Prix 4.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Gildoorf Rozencrantz, Paulo Blanco, Ed GreenHalgh
-Thank you for gave me permission (Gildoorf)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font by @gunnar333
logo.png by @Fanapryde
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Enjoy.

Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Added 3D terrain.
Updated ext_config.ini.

Quattro Raceway v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
Added 3D terrain.
Updated ext_config.ini.

Screenshot_renault_5_turbo_r_1981_quattro_raceway_15-9-123-12-49-59.jpg

Is there any way to group skins into folders or something?
I find the long and ever expanding collection of livery icons for some cars really messy, would be nice if you could group them in folders or something for series, seasons etc

Absolutely there is.
But. Be aware that you're trying to make a simple thing more complex. There will be some admin overhead. Folks may laugh :)

CM has quite simpistic rules about the /skins folder. Any sub-folder is expected to be a skin. Any sub-folder which does have skin parts missing (livery.png, preview.png) will throw an error. So you can't just sub-folder all the skins.
What you can do, is store the skin folders somewhere else (in a folder system that makes sense to you) and then use Windows' system of junctions (like a system-level industrial-grade short-cuts) to make junctions in the car's /skins folder, which point to the real skin folder on disk. CM/AC will never know. The junctions could even point to skins in multiple folders.

Homework:
1. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/hard-links-and-junctions
2. Make backups

Enjoy the journey :)

Last edited:
Yeah I know about hard links and junctions, used them in the past when I had multiple small hard drives.
Thanks for the info, unfortunately not what I was looking for, I meant specifically within CM, I had the way skins are displayed.
Short of going through all the cars that have lots of skins and changing the livery.png for each and every skin to something that better shows the skin info I'm sure I am stuck with this:

CM-Current.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back