Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
@Thom Lee - Hello Sir! There been a HUGE acceleration of activity within this Thread in recent weeks. Is it possible to convert your OP into some sort of Index with Links to all MODs and WIPs within this Thread? Perhaps management of the Thread OP can be transferred to some passionate AC Modder able to create and manage an OP Index? Thank you in advance for your replies.

:gtpflag:

@Thom Lee - Hello Sir! There been a HUGE acceleration of activity within this Thread in recent weeks. Is it possible to convert your OP into some sort of Index with Links to all MODs and WIPs within this Thread? Perhaps management of the Thread OP can be transferred to some passionate AC Modder able to create and manage an OP Index? Thank you in advance for your replies.

:gtpflag:

I had no problem problem if somebody would do that. Maybe close this thread and open a new one

Now THAT is a task after 400+ pages......one mod can get so many updates and tweaks over the course of a week.

Perhaps each AC Modder can continue to submit their personal mod updates within their original Post, that would help insure the integrity of OP links. There's just so many awesome Mods coming into this Group, I hate to see them get lost in the weeds and newcomers to the Thread may get a bit lost within all the great collaboration.

Perhaps each AC Modder can continue to submit their personal mod updates within their original Post, that would help insure the integrity of OP links. There's just so many awesome Mods coming into this Group, I hate to see them get lost in the weeds and newcomers to the Thread may get a bit lost within all the great collaboration.

I am new and the search engine helped me a lot to find many of the mods that were left behind.

It's a matter of being patient and looking. I assure it is worth the effort

Could you pin a google doc?

Maybe there should be a sticky where mods are posted and linked to from within this thread and then people can go about learning and talking amongst each other but when the mod is ready to share, it goes in the sticky thread. This thread is for talking, that thread is for posting DL links or what not, finished products if you will.

I signed up here back in 2013......and started posting regularly about 2 months ago. What I did was went page about 50......took about 1 week and read everything all the way up to the current posts.

I found a LOT of cool stuff! Even though I had to download the same dang car , track , app or whatever multiple times , because they kept getting updated. But was waaayyy worth it and I learned a lot. Not only this thread , but this community is pretty dang awesome. People are actually friendly , where as the MX forums I've been a part of over the past 15+ years.......are freakin' brutal!

The Acura NSX GT3 has already been converted to AC (by Silberkugel)

Acuransx.jpg
There's another one coming soon, maybe... :D

One man's trash is another man's treasure. 95% of my time with AC is mucking around with cars like those. I change everything about the internals - suspension, gearbox, brakes, engine, drivetrain etc, then polish up some issues and shader settings.

I must be close to 200 cars that I've rebuilt for the sole purpose of ragging them around on a virtual track day, seeing how they fare against much sportier cars.

Does anybody want to try any of these? Obviously they are fantasy tuned cars, but they're the most fun I have in AC. Feel free to make further adjustments, refinements or suggestions on them as well.

Here's something I started building last night and I'm pleased with how it's turning out already. If you like this then you may enjoy some others that I've done. I ripped her guts out and started again. It shouldn't overwrite the car if you already had the original in your garage.
I'll update it here when I'm finished messing with it, still some bits to sort out.

HElxfN1.jpg

these are the rtm mods that still aren't leaked but probably will!
SSC Tuatara
HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
Jaguar XJ220 LM race car
Volkswagen GTi vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Fittipaldi EF7
HONDA NSX-GT CONCEPT
Aston martin valkyrie
Aston martin valkyrie amr pro
Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer actual quality (like RSS, URD, VRC, Bazza, Esprit3905, Guerilla Mods, Shaun Clarke, AccAkut, Siim Annuk, A3DR, MSF, Patrik Marek, GeroDa74 etc) over having 300gb of total crap like this. What do you even do with it? The performance bears nearly zero resemblance to the real cars, so you can't even include these contraptions in a realistic AI car lineup.

And as far as actually driving these pieces of junk, tire heating in particular is nearly always totally screwed up, which means you can't really drive these "cars", nor can they be put to use as AI opponents. Very occasionally, RTM will include just enough stolen-from-Kunos suspension and aero to result in a decent-driving car, but I've yet to see any of them which had the performance characteristics of the actual car being "simulated". So, we're back to them being pretty worthless in a hardcore sim.

So, what's the point of collecting this stuff? Are you just driving half a lap and moving on to the next acquisition-for-its-own-sake? I have every available RTM mod and not one of them drives as well as the same car in Forza 7.

I can't think of anything more damning than that.

Does anybody want to try any of these? Obviously they are fantasy tuned cars, but they're the most fun I have in AC. Feel free to make further adjustments, refinements or suggestions on them as well.

Here's something I started building last night and I'm pleased with how it's turning out already. If you like this then you may enjoy some others that I've done. I ripped her guts out and started again. It shouldn't overwrite the car if you already had the original in your garage.
I'll update it here when I'm finished messing with it, still some bits to sort out.

HElxfN1.jpg

Sorry to double-post here, but did you know that Gentle Mind Performance has a cracking Audi RS2 mod? It was made using input from an owner of one of these exceedingly-rare cars, and with access to the actual suspension geometry specs, as well as a dyno plot from the real car. It's a great car, if a bit underpowered by present-day standards. I used it to help refine my AWD driving technique back when I was doing monthly track days in my 2013 Audi TT RS (tip: AWD is nearly identical to FWD in terms of technique, at least with street cars).

They have a Facebook group and I'd strongly encourage you to check it out. I have no idea if they'd let you join, but they also have incredibly authentic versions of the NA2 Honda NSX-R and Honda S2000. Having owned a 2002 S2000, I can tell you their version is spot-on. It's a shame that their mods aren't simply posted on RD, because they are all top-quality and deserve to be popular.

The chancers over at Sim Dream have taken the excellent RF2 1986 F1 mod ( free on Steam) and converted it to AC and are charging 10 euro for "their" work.
The mod's author, Chief Wiggam has asked anyone who has it to release it into the wild for free.

Well, it's findable in Assetto Corsa Mod's VK page.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer actual quality (like RSS, URD, VRC, Bazza, Esprit3905, Guerilla Mods, Shaun Clarke, AccAkut, Siim Annuk, A3DR, MSF, Patrik Marek, GeroDa74 etc) over having 300gb of total crap like this. What do you even do with it? The performance bears nearly zero resemblance to the real cars, so you can't even include these contraptions in a realistic AI car lineup.

And as far as actually driving these pieces of junk, tire heating in particular is nearly always totally screwed up, which means you can't really drive these "cars", nor can they be put to use as AI opponents. Very occasionally, RTM will include just enough stolen-from-Kunos suspension and aero to result in a decent-driving car, but I've yet to see any of them which had the performance characteristics of the actual car being "simulated". So, we're back to them being pretty worthless in a hardcore sim.

So, what's the point of collecting this stuff? Are you just driving half a lap and moving on to the next acquisition-for-its-own-sake? I have every available RTM mod and not one of them drives as well as the same car in Forza 7.

Gran Turismo mindset exported to AC ;) Collecting cars haha

I'll admit it was fun driving that Citroen Gr.3 on Spa but I probably won't ever use it again... Maybe on Nurb 24 :P

these are the rtm mods that still aren't leaked but probably will!
SSC Tuatara
HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
Jaguar XJ220 LM race car
Volkswagen GTi vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Fittipaldi EF7
HONDA NSX-GT CONCEPT
Aston martin valkyrie
Aston martin valkyrie amr pro
The EF7 & the Volkswagen Vision GT is the one that im looking foward to being leaked.

Their models and shaders are normally good so there's nothing to stop other modders from updating the physics.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, TBH.

Their models and shaders are normally good so there's nothing to stop other modders from updating the physics.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, TBH.

absolutely... the models are very nice and the materials are most of the times the same that kunos uses ... I see it as a great service them converting all those models and taking the risks of being sued. It is after all not a 5 minutes job
The part where they ask ridiculous amount of money for a mod is another story, but I'll skip that part... no one buys them anyway :P

As I said many times, those cars are perfect for a modder that want to skip the 3dsmax modeling part of building a mod and concentrate on material tuning, objects grouping and physics. Great for a beginner that wants to understand how things work in AC.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back