Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
I have every available RTM mod and not one of them drives as well as the same car in Forza 7.

Well this sentence sums it up pretty well. People love these cars because they are unique and we all love to collect. I have hundreds of mod cars I never use but to have them just in case is really important to me.
And I know that I am not alone with this. @Masscot downloads like every car that he can find a link for.:D

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer actual quality (like RSS, URD, VRC, Bazza, Esprit3905, Guerilla Mods, Shaun Clarke, AccAkut, Siim Annuk, A3DR, MSF, Patrik Marek, GeroDa74 etc) over having 300gb of total crap like this. What do you even do with it? The performance bears nearly zero resemblance to the real cars, so you can't even include these contraptions in a realistic AI car lineup.

And as far as actually driving these pieces of junk, tire heating in particular is nearly always totally screwed up, which means you can't really drive these "cars", nor can they be put to use as AI opponents. Very occasionally, RTM will include just enough stolen-from-Kunos suspension and aero to result in a decent-driving car, but I've yet to see any of them which had the performance characteristics of the actual car being "simulated". So, we're back to them being pretty worthless in a hardcore sim.

So, what's the point of collecting this stuff? Are you just driving half a lap and moving on to the next acquisition-for-its-own-sake? I have every available RTM mod and not one of them drives as well as the same car in Forza 7.

I can't think of anything more damning than that.
i do hate RTM'S mods its just that some cars people really like especially some gran turismo cars stuff like the HPA r32 and the lm cars we could get these cars and rebuild the physics! for modders like RSS,Esprit3905, and urd i would give out my last buck! but the modders like RTM,assettodrive and Simdream are scumbags who rip out models from other games and call it a day!

Well this sentence sums it up pretty well. People love these cars because they are unique and we all love to collect. I have hundreds of mod cars I never use but to have them just in case is really important for me.
And I know that I am not alone with this. @Masscot downloads like every car that he can find a link for.:D

LOL so do I.... I'm with you both. I have several thousand cars.

The chancers over at Sim Dream have taken the excellent RF2 1986 F1 mod ( free on Steam) and converted it to AC and are charging 10 euro for "their" work.
The mod's author, Chief Wiggam has asked anyone who has it to release it into the wild for free.

i'd be keen to get that mod for AC....for free

almost got RF2 for that mod, almost :P

i still have the hpa r32 in my garage in gt4!
2019.07.24-15.36.png

well we and RTM both used the same model from Forza. The two cars dont share anything else exept the model as far as I know. However the model was even modified to make it a proper GT3 car
I love the work you guys have done with the car, but I was just curious. So you guys didnt rip the car model yourself, you used RTM's? :)

Well this sentence sums it up pretty well. People love these cars because they are unique and we all love to collect. I have hundreds of mod cars I never use but to have them just in case is really important to me.
Bad cars are still useful for fleshing out single-player grids. AI drivers aren't as fussy as we are about what cars they drive...
;)

I did a few laps with this mod pack, if you don't have it, you need it. The level of detail of each individual car is on RSS levels and the drive and feel of the each car is like no other (this isn't a skinned / cloned car for the 1986 grid). And sounds in cockpit and out - :eek:
And like all cars, always keep the boost at %100 :D

The 1986 F1 group.

Last edited:
I did a few laps with this mod pack, if you don't have it, you need it. The level of detail of each individual car is on RSS levels and the drive and feel of the each car is like no other (this isn't a skinned / cloned car for the 1986 grid). And sounds in cockpit and out - :eek:

The 1986 F1 group.

And yeah this is a decent mod in RF2.... I wouldnt say its quite RSS levels but its way better than the usual SimDream crap.

And yeah this is a decent mod in RF2.... I wouldnt say its quite RSS levels but its way better than the usual SimDream crap.

Very very close to RSS levels then :D But that's a good point, the 1986 group is stellar, the 1988 group are cloned chassis' of sorts.

found it in the end :)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bcapy4jaj9ai96q/elzonda32.rar/file
Not sure who made it. No author info.

Its one of a group of 8 tracks in Argentina, a number of others are big, big road courses. Like laying on the rev limiter for seconds on end :D

Last edited:

The 1986 F1 group.

Content manager says they are all 100 percent kunos lotus F1 physics and all Lotus sound bank with identical power outputs because of that.... they do go OK though and look the part.
Not sure what witchcraft modders get up to but essentially they are all just a kunos Lotus F1 with a different frock on? Or do modders change the actual physics of each?

The 1986 F1 group.

Did you break down and pay for it? Looks like more of where they simply used Kunos Lotus 98 physics. If so, that’s why it drives OK. But that’s certainly not RSS quality, where each car drives differently.

Personally, I have so many crap mods that I’d much prefer some quality over quantity. If I only wanted to collect stuff, FM7 is vastly better for that because each and every car has that Forza Vista thing where you can literally look at every nook and cranny of the cars you have. The detail is amazing and far better than anything we have in AC. The only problem being that the cars themselves don’t drive that well (but still better than most AC mods I see).

I mean, check this out. If you want to collect digital versions of cars, FM7 is pretty incredible:

Last edited:
Did you break down and pay for it? Looks like more of where they simply used Kunos Lotus 98 physics. If so, that’s why it drives OK. But that’s certainly not RSS quality, where each car drives differently.

Personally, I have so many crap mods that I’d much prefer some quality over quantity. If I only wanted to collect stuff, FM7 is vastly better for that because each and every car has that Forza Vista thing where you can literally look at every nook and cranny of the cars you have. The detail is amazing and far better than anything we have in AC. The only problem being that the cars themselves don’t drive that well (but still better than most AC mods I see).

I mean, check this out. If you want to collect digital versions of cars, FM7 is pretty incredible:

Legion is working on importing that model at the moment. Can't wait! Well it's on his list.

Kondor, its just your opinion and mine, if you don't like the car group, don't d/l it.
edit: and yes, I toss out and delete more cars then keep. But there are some that like to say they have 9,080 cars even know %85 of them are pure garbage :D

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back