Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
Kondor, its just your opinion and mine, if you don't like the car group, don't d/l it.
edit: and yes, I toss out and delete more cars then keep. But there are some that like to say they have 9,080 cars even know %85 of them are pure garbage :D

Well, I'm a bit picky about the content I keep, which results in 168 installed cars (and 207 tracks). About the same car count in storage. I must admit that I have almost no street cars and only a few open wheelers.
If a car does not drive well or believable or it's low poly or has a bad interior: ---> delete...

did you see this It is a beautiful curiosity. I'm going to try to make the skin, but I don't think it's as nice as with the carrosery kit

https://www.facebook.com/53tributegoesto/

67307516_1315347238625908_6252583840141803520_n.jpg

Well, I'm a bit picky about the content I keep, which results in 168 installed cars (and 207 tracks). About the same car count in storage. I must admit that I have almost no street cars and only a few open wheelers.
If a car does not drive well or believable or it's low poly or has a bad interior: ---> delete...
To be clear, I totally "get" collecting cars just to look at them in games. AC is just a strange choice for that IMHO, given the somewhat antiquated graphics engine (FM7 is perfect for this OTOH).

Anyway, not trying to criticize anyone - more like trying to understand. I myself mentioned several dozen pages ago that some of the RTM cars are decent grid-fillers, but on closer examination this rarely turns out to be true. Namely, because of the aforementioned tire issues: After a few laps, the AI cars' pace starts faltering dramatically and that's the effective end of the race.

Anyway, there's certainly a lot of variety and part of the fun is finding a fantastic mod from an unexpected source.

Last thing: A lot of the RTM cars actually have fantastic sound. Their Lancia LC2 has an awesome warbling distorted sound that sounds perfect for that era of car. A lot of sound modders could learn something from that. I really like car sounds that don't sound computer-generated, but instead have a rough, analog, distorted vibe. I routinely swap in these RTM sounds (using CM) and highly recommend people do the same. There's nothing worse than driving a car that sounds like an 80's sound chip.

Spano - private based mode. Made on order.
Now im planning to do Silverstone Stowe circuit. Its gonna be difficuilt, make route from scratch. But will use Kinos Silverstone landscape.
And maybe few dakar cars like 959. Lot of plans, lack of time for this.

Also, who wish to see your dreamcar in AC, can do private mods for you , as parttime job lol .
PS 60 USD for rtm car is too much

Tony.....you mention cars here , are able to convert tracks , from something like RF2? I'd be willing to pay for a couple converted tracks from that game , and share them with everyone here. That is if it's not a major pain in the butt to do? I have no idea what that all consists of.

Hi guys I don’t know if this is the right place to ask, but I’ll try anyway.

I’ve been playing AC online since its release, never had big problems (apart from some stutter sometimes), but for 1 year I’ve been having a big issue when trying to race online.
Everything runs fine, but then when the server skips from Quali to Race my game sort of freezes (every name in the server suddenly becomes grey, cars vanish and sometimes I get “Server seems to be unavailable” alert.)
Then all of a sudden the game loads everything, but my ping goes up to 1300/2000ms and I get kicked out of the server, while when racing in the SRS servers I don’t get kicked out, and after 1-2 corners the ping goes back to normal values.
Does it depend on the internet speed or the pc not loading fast enough?

Thanks slider666, but those are the older versions. I think the one from the YouTube video is a newer version of the Bentley Continental GT3.
YT video is from Mar 11, 2019
AG Version on assettoland is from Mar 31, 2019 and delpinsky´s version from Jun 24, 2019
Why should the YT version be newer?

...A lot of the RTM cars actually have fantastic sound. Their Lancia LC2 has an awesome warbling distorted sound that sounds perfect for that era of car. A lot of sound modders could learn something from that. I really like car sounds that don't sound computer-generated, but instead have a rough, analog, distorted vibe. I routinely swap in these RTM sounds (using CM) and highly recommend people do the same. There's nothing worse than driving a car that sounds like an 80's sound chip.

Could you perhaps suggest a good sound for some overpowered muscle cars from the '70 era ? (V8 that revs up to 7500 rpm)
I am currently using he shelby and corvette '63 sounds, but if you have a better solution, I'll gladly try it out.
Thanks !

That simdream 86 mod is ok for racing in a fair grid of F1cars all the same power as they are all Lotus 98's with lotus sound.... but obviously not 'realistic'.
It serves a purpose. But does go to show the crazy placebo effect that someone thought they all felt differently and sounded differently when it is all the same car really and the same sound!

The way i look at it is it's 'your' game so put in it what you want, its a big sandbox.

Agreed, looks like a fun cruise track but the white tarmac makes me not want to bother with it.
Whoever likes could test this. A quick´n´dirty vao-patch and config file to darken road a little bit.
Extract this to assetto corsa root folder.
Config file should at least be in ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\pantano_de_foix.ini
Vao-patch in ..\assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches\pantano_de_foix.vao-patch
Hope you enjoy. :cheers:

#config, #fix, #tweak, #vao-patch, #Pantano de Foix

Attachments

• extension_pantano_de_foix.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
BMW M6 GT3 by GUERILLA Mods + Mike Rudland
View attachment 825573
VISUAL UPDATE by delpinsky

Fix V1.2

— fixed right front wheel blur with transparency

Fix V1.1

— fixed windshield lumirank reflecting tarmac
— fixed lumirank back panel. Lumirank numbers are now invisible inside the cockpit
— deleted lumi_rank_black2.dds file for cars with banner lumirank
— fixed body map for the skin 102_walkenhorst_24h, with a matte effect
— lowered the value of rear lights when headlights are OFF

Fix V1.0

— added INTERNAL GLASS
— added DAMAGE GLASS
— created wiper animation
— created new LODs
— created internal glass for windshield banner
— created lights, extralights, configuration ini file

Enjoy! :D
Download

QR Code to download:
View attachment 826582
is it okay if I share a link to this post?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back