Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,903 comments
Definitely I'm doing something wrong with the strength/ballast/restrictor setup.

How could be possible that, using the ASR Cars/circuit of The 1992 season, Senna or Mansell, with a Strength of 100, ballast 0 and restrictor 0, lose against a Venturi/Fondmetal with a Strength of 92, 160 of ballast and restrictor 5, by more than a minute in a 15 laps Race??

Please, can someone explain to me (like a dummie, I'm going crazy) how to make a season where the best Cars wins the worse ones?

Thank you!!

I dream of a quality 1987 & especially 1989 F1 mod for AC. ASR have a McLaren, but there’s nothing else at all out there. :(

There’s a 1989 mod for rF1 and someone was talking about converting it, to AC here a couple of years ago, but that went silent.
Matteo Vignaroli from Assetto corsa Racer group on FB made na excellent Ferrari f1-87. I think someone from the group also made skins for all other cars that season. The mod is free, but you have to be accepted to the group and he doesn't allow links to be posted outside if group. He also made some excellent other Ferrari cars and a wicked Lancia Delta. Link to group in video description:

Last edited:
hey!

i wanted to raise the 3rd person camera on a specific car a bit.
i edited the cameras.ini...
but nothing happens in any camera in the list.
what do i do wrong?
I have to say beforehand that I have zero knowledge of the subject. I googled a bit - but I didn't get much out of it. You can probably also change some of the cameras in the car.ini. Most of the time, the bonnet_camera is already there, among other things. Now some cars also have the entry CHASE_CAMERA_PITCH, which always had the value 0. BUT, I haven't been able to achieve a change by changing the value. But I didn't find any documentation about it either. Maybe there is someone with more knowledge

@shi or anyone who knows the solution : since I don't know when , the AI is broken on Fliegerhorst ...

At lights out the cars behave "stupid" , some stay put, others just steer straight away and move a few meters, one finally heads of and commences the first lap...

Anyone recognize this and knows a possible cause? I suspect it's a new CSP settings thing... disabling "New AI behavior" doesn't help.

Appreciate any good tip.
(& Merry Xmas all !!! )
Sorry for the late reply.
Delete all generated files except fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai in Track's ai folder.
Also, uncheck CM settings -> CSP -> New AI behavior -> Extra options for AI splines.
2023-12-28 173049.jpg

Hi, does someone know if there's any 1998, 1999, 1994, 1989, 1987, 1985... mods for Assetto Corsa? I'm trying to make my Assetto Corsa something like F1 Challenge VB
as stated already @JK1977 is producing a good looking 1999, i believe scamdream made a 1998 season mod and the 1999 (can be temporary until JK drops his '99, iirc ACFL have done a 1994 but for 1989, 87 and 85 i have no idea

Please, can someone explain to me (like a dummie, I'm going crazy) how to make a season where the best Cars wins the worse ones?

Thank you!!
Thats not the "common way" because i use the vanilla launcher for creating the championships. But while you are asking - thats the way how it´s working at least for me:

AI strenghts is set for all cars, according to your level.

But creating a season with the vanilla launcher i have always to replace the vanilla drivers with the real names first. And here could be the trick - you have to replace strong vanillas drivers with strong real ones and obviosly the avarage or the week ones with there real counterparts.

{"name":"Roberto Moreno","nation":"BRA","car":"asr_1991_benetton_b191","skin":"19_moreno_r8","ballast":30,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Nelson Piquet","nation":"BRA","car":"asr_1991_benetton_b191","skin":"20_piquet_r8","ballast":20,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Martin Brundle","nation":"GBR","car":"asr_1991_brabham_bt60y","skin":"07_brundle_r8","ballast":40,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Mark Blundell","nation":"GBR","car":"asr_1991_brabham_bt60y","skin":"08_blundell_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Emanuele Pirro","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_dallara_191","skin":"21_pirro_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":0},{"name":"J.J. Lehto","nation":"FIN","car":"asr_1991_dallara_191","skin":"22_lehto_r8","ballast":35,"restrictor":0},
{"name":"Jean Alesi","nation":"FRA","car":"asr_1991_ferrari_643","skin":"28_alesi_r8_r9","ballast":20,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Bertrand Gachot","nation":"BEL","car":"asr_1991_jordan_191","skin":"32_gachot_r8","ballast":35,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Andrea de Cesaris","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_jordan_191","skin":"33_decesaris_r8","ballast":30,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Thierry Boutsen","nation":"BEL","car":"asr_1991_ligier_js35b","skin":"25_boutsen_r8_r9","ballast":50,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Ayrton Senna","nation":"BRA","car":"asr_1991_mclaren_mp4-6","skin":"1_senna_r8","ballast":0,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Gerhard Berger","nation":"AUT","car":"asr_1991_mclaren_mp4-6","skin":"2_berger_r8","ballast":10,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Pierluigi Martini","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_minardi_m191","skin":"23_martini_r8","ballast":35,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Satoru Nakajima","nation":"JPN","car":"asr_1991_tyrrell_020","skin":"3_snakajima_r8_r9","ballast":40,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Stefano Modena","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_tyrrell_020","skin":"4_smodena_r8_r9","ballast":25,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Nigel Mansell","nation":"GBR","car":"asr_1991_williams_fw14","skin":"5_mansell_r8_r9","ballast":5,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Ricardo Patrese","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_williams_fw14","skin":"6_patrese_r8_r9","ballast":10,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Ivan Capelli","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_leytonhouse_cg911","skin":"16_capelli_r7_r8_r9","ballast":45,"restrictor":2},{"name":"Alain Prost","nation":"FRA","car":"asr_1991_ferrari_643","skin":"27_prost_r8_r9","ballast":15,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Eric Bernard","nation":"FRA","car":"asr_1991_larrousse_lc91","skin":"29_bernard_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":2},{"name":"Aguri Suzuki","nation":"JPN","car":"asr_1991_larrousse_lc91","skin":"30_suzuki_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":2},{"name":"Mikka Häkkinen","nation":"FIN","car":"asr_1991_lotus_102b","skin":"11_hakkinen_r8","ballast":40,"restrictor":2},{"name":"Gianni Morbidelli","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_minardi_m191","skin":"24_morbidelli_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Maurizio Gugelmin","nation":"BRA","car":"asr_1991_leytonhouse_cg911","skin":"15_gugelmin_r7_r8_r9","ballast":50,"restrictor":2},
{"name":"Michele Alboreto","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_footwork_fa12","skin":"10_johansson_r7_r8","ballast":50,"restrictor":2}

I am also using the 1992 tracks with the 1991 ASR cars, so if you want you could try my chamionship.file preset. I can upload it if you want. Shoud work

Thats not the "common way" because i use the vanilla launcher for creating the championships. But while you are asking - thats the way how it´s working at least for me:

AI strenghts is set for all cars, according to your level.

But creating a season with the vanilla launcher i have always to replace the vanilla drivers with the real names first. And here could be the trick - you have to replace strong vanillas drivers with strong real ones and obviosly the avarage or the week ones with there real counterparts.

{"name":"Roberto Moreno","nation":"BRA","car":"asr_1991_benetton_b191","skin":"19_moreno_r8","ballast":30,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Nelson Piquet","nation":"BRA","car":"asr_1991_benetton_b191","skin":"20_piquet_r8","ballast":20,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Martin Brundle","nation":"GBR","car":"asr_1991_brabham_bt60y","skin":"07_brundle_r8","ballast":40,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Mark Blundell","nation":"GBR","car":"asr_1991_brabham_bt60y","skin":"08_blundell_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Emanuele Pirro","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_dallara_191","skin":"21_pirro_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":0},{"name":"J.J. Lehto","nation":"FIN","car":"asr_1991_dallara_191","skin":"22_lehto_r8","ballast":35,"restrictor":0},
{"name":"Jean Alesi","nation":"FRA","car":"asr_1991_ferrari_643","skin":"28_alesi_r8_r9","ballast":20,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Bertrand Gachot","nation":"BEL","car":"asr_1991_jordan_191","skin":"32_gachot_r8","ballast":35,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Andrea de Cesaris","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_jordan_191","skin":"33_decesaris_r8","ballast":30,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Thierry Boutsen","nation":"BEL","car":"asr_1991_ligier_js35b","skin":"25_boutsen_r8_r9","ballast":50,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Ayrton Senna","nation":"BRA","car":"asr_1991_mclaren_mp4-6","skin":"1_senna_r8","ballast":0,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Gerhard Berger","nation":"AUT","car":"asr_1991_mclaren_mp4-6","skin":"2_berger_r8","ballast":10,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Pierluigi Martini","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_minardi_m191","skin":"23_martini_r8","ballast":35,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Satoru Nakajima","nation":"JPN","car":"asr_1991_tyrrell_020","skin":"3_snakajima_r8_r9","ballast":40,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Stefano Modena","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_tyrrell_020","skin":"4_smodena_r8_r9","ballast":25,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Nigel Mansell","nation":"GBR","car":"asr_1991_williams_fw14","skin":"5_mansell_r8_r9","ballast":5,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Ricardo Patrese","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_williams_fw14","skin":"6_patrese_r8_r9","ballast":10,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Ivan Capelli","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_leytonhouse_cg911","skin":"16_capelli_r7_r8_r9","ballast":45,"restrictor":2},{"name":"Alain Prost","nation":"FRA","car":"asr_1991_ferrari_643","skin":"27_prost_r8_r9","ballast":15,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Eric Bernard","nation":"FRA","car":"asr_1991_larrousse_lc91","skin":"29_bernard_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":2},{"name":"Aguri Suzuki","nation":"JPN","car":"asr_1991_larrousse_lc91","skin":"30_suzuki_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":2},{"name":"Mikka Häkkinen","nation":"FIN","car":"asr_1991_lotus_102b","skin":"11_hakkinen_r8","ballast":40,"restrictor":2},{"name":"Gianni Morbidelli","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_minardi_m191","skin":"24_morbidelli_r8","ballast":45,"restrictor":0},{"name":"Maurizio Gugelmin","nation":"BRA","car":"asr_1991_leytonhouse_cg911","skin":"15_gugelmin_r7_r8_r9","ballast":50,"restrictor":2},
{"name":"Michele Alboreto","nation":"ITA","car":"asr_1991_footwork_fa12","skin":"10_johansson_r7_r8","ballast":50,"restrictor":2}

I am also using the 1992 tracks with the 1991 ASR cars, so if you want you could try my chamionship.file preset. I can upload it if you want. Shoud work

Hello and thanks in advice!

My english level isn't good enough to understand all your stuff but I Hope that, with a little help of Google translator, I can follow all the steps.

When you Talk about "vanilla" are you talking about the Assetto Corsa main menú? The Game itself? So, If I understand well, I must create the Championship in the Game, not in Content Manager, and then, change the names of The drivers.

The ballast, Strength and restrictor can be changed aswell in the main Game?

Thank you!!

Pd. Sorry for all the capital letters, this phone has his own way to write .

I am making a kind of fictional "NASCAR '70/moonshine rebels series" mod that is practically ready... just testing each car now and tuning the AI, but it is taking some time, since there are more than 20 types of cars .
Have some more patience and you will be able to pick some sounds from there.

You saying there is a trans-AM, 70s NASCAR mod... would you be a bit more specific about the nascar '70 please ? I were not able to find one, hence why I started building one a few months ago.

1562088999wnkn1.jpg

__custom_showroom_156wmkzd.jpg

__custom_showroom_156e7jf5.jpg

Cheers.
Hello, I lost these files from my assetto, I would like to download them again because they are great. can you send them again

Hello and thanks in advice!

My english level isn't good enough to understand all your stuff but I Hope that, with a little help of Google translator, I can follow all the steps.

When you Talk about "vanilla" are you talking about the Assetto Corsa main menú? The Game itself? So, If I understand well, I must create the Championship in the Game, not in Content Manager, and then, change the names of The drivers.

The ballast, Strength and restrictor can be changed aswell in the main Game?

Thank you!!

Pd. Sorry for all the capital letters, this phone has his own way to write .
yes vanilla mean only the launcher - the main menu. I always create championships there. Yes you can use ballast, restrictor but NO AI strength for each driver, only main AI strenght for all.

After install update for pg_carpi_rs31 i see something like this:

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2023.12.28 - 15.17.27.55_wynik.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2023.12.28 - 15.17.27.55_wynik.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Guys, does anyone have the problem with RSS Aero V10 Evo2 dashboard. I installed it, but it showing no info. I installed everything inside the folder. Don't have problem with other RSS GTM car. Anyone know how to fix it ?

Attachments

• RSS Aero V10 Evo2.png
    RSS Aero V10 Evo2.png
    288.6 KB · Views: 15
Hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday, and those who might be working are still enjoying the last days of 2023.

Budapest Népliget 1936 - Leopard Skin alternate textures

Another fantastic creation from carTOON, but a few things have caught my eye that I could make more to my taste, and I thought it worth sharing.

Download available on the GTplanet downloads page

Guys, does anyone have the problem with RSS Aero V10 Evo2 dashboard. I installed it, but it showing no info. I installed everything inside the folder. Don't have problem with other RSS GTM car. Anyone know how to fix it ?
It looks like you might be missing the fonts that came with the car. They need to be installed too.

yes vanilla mean only the launcher - the main menu. I always create championships there. Yes you can use ballast, restrictor but NO AI strength for each driver, only main AI strenght for all.

Bad news never came alone... I tried to start Assetto Corsa from Steam and the Game doesn't pass the intro. I've checkered the files integrity and download the ones that cannot be checked, anyway the Game just don't wanna start... But runs perfect from Content Manager, seems like I must rename the main fólder and download the Game again, then copy paste and cross my fingers.

No one says it's would be easy...

Bad news never came alone... I tried to start Assetto Corsa from Steam and the Game doesn't pass the intro. I've checkered the files integrity and download the ones that cannot be checked, anyway the Game just don't wanna start... But runs perfect from Content Manager, seems like I must rename the main fólder and download the Game again, then copy paste and cross my fingers.

No one says it's would be easy...
There's a limit to how much mods you can have for starting AC from steam. And it's not a high number. I can confidently say none of us here can start it from steam anymore. It hangs on 99% checking content. This is normal behaviour.

Edit: I googled. 625 car mods is the limit.

Last edited:
Hi, @herwandi

Wich version of CSP are you using ?
It seems using the version 0.2.2 (not sure because I’m in the tube and not in front of my PC) is a solution.

;-)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back