Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments

RSS4 PIRELLI TIRES BY JV82

Two available compounds

A little extension for RSS4 mod which adds Pirelli tires.

https://racesimstudio.com/formula-rss-4-profile

Copy extension folder into RSS4 main directory.

Copy other 4 files into your skin folders.

Remember to flag Use Extended Physics in CM.

That's all folks!

Not perfect but I hope you like it!

Thanks

Credits: RSS, JV82

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss4-pirelli-tires-by-jv82.65897/

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_4_2023_gb4_championship_rt_misano_29-11-123-14-1-16.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_4_2023_gb4_championship_rt_misano_29-11-123-14-0-45.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know where I find this skins? There isn't any on RD
This skin is part of the GTR2 2004 FIA GT skins found here:

Last edited:
Anyone found a way to get good previews using the new "Use CSP for final render"? (and can share their preset)

when I turn on "Use CSP for final render" , I end up with a "washed out" version that looks not as good as without CSP... :(

with CSP for final render on :
1703852972506.png

without CSP:
1703852907507.png

Also this is a plea to the good folks updating CM and CSP ... please put some TLC in that part of the Preview generation
(and have us being ably to choose a PP filter or at least use the PP filter that was choosen in the video settings) :bowdown:

Its original, i just crop the screenshots. It's already solved with the help of members here & the quick solution is updating the csp
Did you edit the files sizes and dates before or after you cropped the screenshot? Because they don't correspond at all with the original archive from RSS, which is very strange, to say the least.

Not that I really care much, but many of these "repacked" and "redistributed" mods are missing files or have had files replaced, making them not work like they're supposed to.

Anyone else can confirm the side mirrors of the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport by Geroda (v1.5) (folder gd_chevy_vette_gs_63 )
are rotated 90 degrees ? (I mean the image shown in the mirrors not the mirrors themselves)
1703859183599.png

Been a while since I drove it so I don't know exactly since which update of CSP this happened...
but I know for sure it was fine before.

Anyone a solution?

2 skins for the RSS Aero/Audi R8 evo II...these for my fantasy family race team. (Name/logo is from my real world biz) (+ a few 4k pics of) (size of this is only 36.2 megs... not whatever they said)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I threw in an alternative power.lut that boosts it to 593hp. Save your old one before installing it! (it goes to the data folder if you have one, and named to not replace the standard file - just rename, removing the ".593hp")
You'll see double audi rings on front and back when in CM showroom. That's csp-fixed in-game... The standard one has a dirty little square around it. (from RSS and in Breanuts file)
Also, Just noticed the car # on back of #57 is borked. And forgot to do a different mirror color for one of them... Fix and update soon.

EDIT: Updated mirror colors and added led colors on front grille to match (no other led strips though). Fixed #57. I think I'm done.

R8-Evo-II-#56&#57-2k-B.jpg

Attachments

• 2-4k-Evo2-pics.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Anyone else can confirm the side mirrors of the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport by Geroda (v1.5) (folder gd_chevy_vette_gs_63 )
are rotated 90 degrees ? (I mean the image shown in the mirrors not the mirrors themselves)
View attachment 1315076

Been a while since I drove it so I don't know exactly since which update of CSP this happened...
but I know for sure it was fine before.

Anyone a solution?
Not at my pc right now, but it may be fixed in game with the mirror config app.

Not at my pc right now, but it may be fixed in game with the mirror config app.
It only allows for flipping horizontally or vertically afaik (180 degrees)... not rotating (90 degrees), but I hope I'm wrong...

(I tried FLIP = 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 90 and 0.5 in the ini file )

Last edited:
Anyone found a way to get good previews using the new "Use CSP for final render"? (and can share their preset)

when I turn on "Use CSP for final render" , I end up with a "washed out" version that looks not as good as without CSP... :(

View attachment 1315057

without CSP:
View attachment 1315056

Also this is a plea to the good folks updating CM and CSP ... please put some TLC in that part of the Preview generation
(and have us being ably to choose a PP filter or at least use the PP filter that was choosen in the video settings) :bowdown:
Well, I was recently chatting with Ilja on some improvements to the csp previews and he told me some lessons and in-depth knowledge how the csp previews are working and how they are generated. In fact, the latest preview1 of 0.2.3 is currently the best working solution you can have. Changing the pp filter is possible with some editing of an ini file but currently also does not make any noticable difference (believe me, I have edited nearly 500 car´s previews since then). ;) The default pp filter currently is the one which is used for generating the previews.

For best results I figured out that the Greenfield showroom preset is working best with all the cars, either encrypted or not. It simply generates the best reflections out of the box. Maybe you want to try that.

1703863103457.png

Copy this in ext-config :

[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
MESHES = GEO_Wiper5,GEO_Wiper4,GEO_Wiper2,GEO_Wiper1
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = FrontWindow_Windshield_Glass
DEBUG = 1 ; remove when everything is ready

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = GEO_Wiper5,GEO_Wiper4,GEO_Wiper2,GEO_Wiper1
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1
---------------------
[ANIMATED_WIPER_0]
DEBUG = 1
MESHES = GEO_Wiper5, GEO_Wiper4, GEO_Wiper2, GEO_Wiper1
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = FrontWindow_Windshield_Glass
GROUP_0 = 'GEO_Wiper2@A=', 'GEO_Wiper1@A='
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = 120
GROUP_0_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_END = -0.65879905, 0.73148143, 0.6872159
GROUP_0_PIVOT = 0.52884674, 0.72183037, 0.8451538
GROUP_0_BASE_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_BASE_PIVOT = 0.52884674, 0.72183037, 0.8451538
GROUP_1 = 'GEO_Wiper4@A=', 'GEO_Wiper5@A='
GROUP_1_ANGLE_TO = 120
GROUP_1_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_1_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_1_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_1_END = -0.65758467, 0.73688126, 0.6839595
GROUP_1_PIVOT = -0.060710907, 0.69358253, 0.92959595
GROUP_1_SCALE_LUT = '(|0.000=1.000|1.009=1.052|)'
GROUP_1_BASE_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_1_BASE_PIVOT = -0.060710907, 0.69358253, 0.92959595
doesn´t work for me. Wipers are not moving

View attachment 1315057

without CSP:
View attachment 1315056

it always depends on what kind of preview you prefer. Right now I am using these.
Race
previewRace.jpg

Street
previewStreet.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I was recently chatting with Ilja on some improvements to the csp previews and he told me some lessons and in-depth knowledge how the csp previews are working and how they are generated. In fact, the latest preview1 of 0.2.3 is currently the best working solution you can have. Changing the pp filter is possible with some editing of an ini file but currently also does not make any noticable difference (believe me, I have edited nearly 500 car´s previews since then). ;) The default pp filter currently is the one which is used for generating the previews.

For best results I figured out that the Greenfield showroom preset is working best with all the cars, either encrypted or not. It simply generates the best reflections out of the box. Maybe you want to try that.

View attachment 1315088
could you share your Preview preset please for using this showroom in Update preview? It is not installed when installing this showroom...

EDIT : never mind , figured out how to do it , and indeed it is very nice! Thanks!

Last edited:
What is the story with the lower res looking previews in the most recent CSP releases? I've seen others mentioning it here and the only work around I've found is to roll back to 1.79, do the preview on the car, then update to CSP 2.0/2.2 to be able to run sol/pure. The newer CSP previews don't seem to have any window reflections and look so washed out.

Beta 0.1 is over. There's still a lot to sort out, but at least it exists. There are still some problems, including: mapping problems, inaccurate skins, imperfect animations and horrible lods.

Small note: I temporarily used the GH of the evora because I don't know how to manage the values of the lut table.

For any problem, just write to me here on GTPanet. The only thing I ask you is not to reupload the car, I would like it to be available only from the link I provided. In case anyone wants to make changes, just contact me and I will report the update (obviously you will be added to the credit list).

Merry Christmas guys 🍀

note: I forgot to set the rpm bar in alpha test. Just open the cm showroom, tap on an rpm bar and change from opaque to alpha test.

Attachments

• tvr_screen.png
    tvr_screen.png
    455.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
What is the story with the lower res looking previews in the most recent CSP releases? I've seen others mentioning it here and the only work around I've found is to roll back to 1.79, do the preview on the car, then update to CSP 2.0/2.2 to be able to run sol/pure. The newer CSP previews don't seem to have any window reflections and look so washed out.
I had the same idea , but then Fall Guy pointed me to Greenfield showroom , and I must say it gives very nice results.

And if you add some CSP paint parameters you can even get it nicer...

1703875409352.png

without the added CSP paint parameters, it looks like this:
1703875149133.png

(which is also already better then what I ever achieved w the SR Hangar preview)

24H
dont think the previews are looking washed out at all. It always depends on the preview settings you use.
I'll share what's happening my end and you can be the judge. Hopefully it's just a simple box that I need to untick but it looks like something is up with the compression of the jpg or something. It almost looks like CM is exporting them as GIFs, like really bad light shading in the car window reflections for example.

here is the preset I now use ...

remove .txt from the filename and then put in this location:
C:\Users\your*user\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Previews

if it still looks washed out, I add this cfg ini in the car skin folder, to spruce it up (changeing at least the name of the body mesh, and the base specular color)
mods that have already csp paint will not need to be modified as such , only mods without csp paint can use this extra..

Attachments

• Greenfieldy.cmpreset.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 12
  • ext_config.ini
    499 bytes · Views: 9
Beta 0.1 is over. There's still a lot to sort out, but at least it exists. There are still some problems, including: mapping problems, inaccurate skins, imperfect animations and horrible lods.

Small note: I temporarily used the GH of the evora because I don't know how to manage the values of the lut table.

For any problem, just write to me here on GTPanet. The only thing I ask you is not to reupload the car, I would like it to be available only from the link I provided. In case anyone wants to make changes, just contact me and I will report the update (obviously you will be added to the credit list).

Merry Christmas guys 🍀
Thanks very much, it's coming along very nicely and is good fun in spec races. Is it BoP'd against any other cars (eg @DaWallace's Marcos etc)? Also, what game provided the model?
One quick thing, in data/drivetrain.ini SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0 should be used to disable gated shifting and make it sequential only (it's currently SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1).
The cockpit is nicely finished but the driver posture is quite weird in VR (mainly the way he holds the steering wheel) but subbing a more natural posture in might bork the sequential shifting animation.
The very low and upright steering wheel blocks most of the MoTeC so maybe a separate display could be added to the left of the steering wheel, even if this is just a big LED gear indicator?
Be good too if a lot of the more obvious facets on the bodywork (eg the wheel arches, wings etc) could be smoothed out, although it's not an issue in the heat of battle.
Looking forward to future developments. Thanks again.

Thanks very much, it's coming along very nicely and is good fun in spec races. Is it BoP'd against any other cars (eg @DaWallace's Marcos etc)? Also, what game provided the model?
One quick thing, in data/drivetrain.ini SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0 should be used to disable gated shifting and make it sequential only (it's currently SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1).
The cockpit is nicely finished but the driver posture is quite weird in VR (mainly the way he holds the steering wheel) but subbing a more natural posture in might bork the sequential shifting animation.
The very low and upright steering wheel blocks most of the MoTeC so maybe a separate display could be added to the left of the steering wheel, even if this is just a big LED gear indicator?
Be good too if a lot of the more obvious facets on the bodywork (eg the wheel arches, wings etc) could be smoothed out, although it's not an issue in the heat of battle.
Looking forward to future developments. Thanks again.
Basically the car has two engine maps: one with 400 hp and one with 440 hp. In theory, based on the tests I have done, the car should be able to compete with the others more or less on every circuit. If any problems arise I will try to remedy them.

You're right about the support for the H gearbox, I forgot to set everything only for the sequential (in the next update I'll fix it).

The model is the GTR2 one. In the end only the body remained more or less original, I redid the rest from scratch with blender (and it is noticeable due to a topology so bad that it would make any 3D artist feel bad 😂 ).

As for the driver position, the problem is that in blender the driver has a natural pose but in game it doesn't respect what I set (also happens to the hand/wrist position).

The bodywork, but in general the 3D elements, are not final. Little by little I'm trying to fix everything (as I did for the splitter, headlights, etc.).

The steering covers the motec a bit, yes, but this type of configuration has the steering straight (compared to other versions which bring the steering inclined upwards). What is certain is that the 3D model of the steering wheel will not remain the same but will be changed. If the problem persists with the new one, I will look for a remedy to make the motec more visible.

Thanks to you, if it weren't for you who believed in this mod I would never have fixed it. 🎄

Last edited:
Basically the car has two engine maps: one with 400 hp and one with 440 hp. In theory, based on the tests I have done, the car should be able to compete with the others more or less on every circuit. If any problems arise I will try to remedy them.

You're right about the support for the H gearbox, I forgot to set everything only for the sequential (in the next update I'll fix it).

The model is the GTR2 one. In the end only the body remained more or less original, I redid the rest from scratch with blender (and it is noticeable due to a topology so bad that it would make any 3D artist feel bad 😂 ).

As for the driver position, the problem is that in blender the driver has a natural pose but in game it doesn't respect what I set (also happens to the hand/wrist position).

The bodywork, but in general the 3D elements, are not final. Little by little I'm trying to fix everything (as I did for the splitter, headlights, etc.).

The steering covers the motec a bit, yes, but this type of configuration has the steering straight (compared to other versions which bring the steering inclined upwards). What is certain is that the 3D model of the steering wheel will not remain the same but will be changed. If the problem persists with the new one, I will look for a remedy to make the motec more visible.

Thanks to you, if it weren't for you who believed in this mod I would never have fixed it. 🎄
a tip: never use capital letters in the folder name, CM will not record driven distance and top speed

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back