Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
hello, looking for help/guidance for a weird issue i have not seen before.

i am skinning a honda integra typre r and i have come across a weird issue with just the rear spoiler, it has weird what i would call artifacts all over it, everytime you move the camera they move about like crazy and in game it looks even worse it glitches pretty bad, you can see what i mean in the picture the spanner in the works is there are a fair few other skins for this car already made and none of the skins have this issue the spoiler in all of them are perfect and by what i can see all the skins have been done in paint.net or the equivalent so they are no different to what i am doing.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Screenshot (352).png

Screenshot (353).png

To me that would suggest there is something wrong with the file after you save it, whether thats save settings or what I dont know
yeh i am thinking the same thing it has to be something to do with how its saved i did try 2 or 3 different ways in the save configuration but to be honest i am unsure of what i am doing so didn't go to mad. none of what i did try had any effect

hello, looking for help/guidance for a weird issue i have not seen before.

i am skinning a honda integra typre r and i have come across a weird issue with just the rear spoiler, it has weird what i would call artifacts all over it, everytime you move the camera they move about like crazy and in game it looks even worse it glitches pretty bad, you can see what i mean in the picture the spanner in the works is there are a fair few other skins for this car already made and none of the skins have this issue the spoiler in all of them are perfect and by what i can see all the skins have been done in paint.net or the equivalent so they are no different to what i am doing.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
View attachment 1315379

View attachment 1315380
The 3d model of the car has a bug. I think the poligons of the rear wing is duplicated, (or something wrong with multiple uv channels)

I selected a livery, and realised that the wing is on 2 part of the texture.:confused: I painted with a red and blue rectangle, and I saw the same issue as You.

So if you want a simple colored wing you must paint on two place. (Not so ideal solution, but working.) If you want stickers on it, I think it is impossible, bacause the size of the 2 area is different in the texture....

Attachments

• 1703962525406.png
    1703962525406.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 1703962753642.png
    1703962753642.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The 3d model of the car has a bug. I think the poligons of the rear wing is duplicated, (or something wrong with multiple uv channels)

I selected a livery, and realised that the wing is on 2 part of the texture.:confused: I painted with a red and blue rectangle, and I saw the same issue as You.

So if you want a simple colored wing you must paint on two place. (Not so ideal solution, but working.) If you want stickers on it, I think it is impossible, bacause the size of the 2 area is different in the texture....
yep you are correct i just did what you said and voilaaa! luckily this rear wing has no stickers just 1 colour so the fix is perfect for this skin thankyou very much for the help in solving it.

Hi there! I hope you are enjoying Chrismas holidays.

Is there any mod that modifies the behavior of IA to release the cars, from boxes or from starting line, but one by one, a minute by minute? As it happens in rallying. Or is there any possibility to work around this?

I believe that there was a similar mod in RF2.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
In case you missed this rather spiffing Shelby GT500 2020 pack from MNBA...

1703969181299.png

In VR, the driver posture was a little odd and his grip on the steering wheel wasn't great, so here's an alternative if you want it (works for both cars).
(put the steer.ksanim in the 'animations' folder, and the driver_base_pos.knh in the car folder)

1703969630192.png

Hey everyone,

I've been having this issue with the sun flickering and I'm not sure what could be causing this issue. It also happens with other pp filters and it happens regardless of the track and car combo. I'm using Pure 0.222 and CSP 0.2.3-preview1. I don't believe I've really changed any of my settings lately either.
Anyone know of what the problem might be and a possible solution?

Thanks in advance!

(Ignore the driving, I'm not used to driving on keyboard :P)

Last edited:
Curse my luck, that'll teach me to buy 3D blender model...
yeah, high poly unwrapping is more or less the same as low poly, only just more edges to select (and depending on how many poles there are more edge loops that have to be selected)

couple things you can do:

1. use a checkered grid and prioritize eliminating distortion
2. look at other f1 mods to get an idea where their seams are placed (assuming it's done well)

also try comparing the meshes to primitive shapes. The front/rear wings for instance can be unwrapped similar to a cylinder (so a seam running along horizontally)

yeah, high poly unwrapping is more or less the same as low poly, only just more edges to select (and depending on how many poles there are more edge loops that have to be selected)

couple things you can do:

1. use a checkered grid and prioritize eliminating distortion
2. look at other f1 mods to get an idea where their seams are placed (assuming it's done well)

also try comparing the meshes to primitive shapes. The front/rear wings for instance can be unwrapped similar to a cylinder (so a seam running along horizontally)
Thanks, I'll get back to you next year, when i'll get serious about it. May even be a launch mod for Assetto Corsa 2 lmao.

For now I'll have to finish my 2011 mod and FVA.

Last edited:
Skins for Aston Ulster (1931 to 1937)Skins Ferrari 212 Inter (for me, I decided to separate them into 3 models, 195s, 166mm and 195s/166mm Coupe (all with slightly different "DATA" files).

For now, for you, here are all the skins for LM1950 and Targa Florio 1950 (they serve in Ferrai 212 Inter).
SKINS ASTON ULSTER
SKINS FERRARI 212 Inter
hello,
Where I can found the cars for the ferrari's skins ?
thanks in advance.

Hey everyone,

I've been having this issue with the sun flickering and I'm not sure what could be causing this issue. It also happens with other pp filters and it happens regardless of the track and car combo. I'm using Pure 0.222 and CSP 0.2.3-preview1. I don't believe I've really changed any of my settings lately either.
Anyone know of what the problem might be and a possible solution?

Thanks in advance!

(Ignore the driving, I'm not used to driving on keyboard :P)

Open Pure Config app. What do you see at the main page?

Flickering of sky or track objects is mostly caused be wrong settings here:
1704012340034.png

Its not supposed to be that the first value is higher than the second value in a field.
Those 2 values mean:
  • the fade out of an object starts with the first distance value
  • the fade out ends with the last distance value
  • those values are representing meters

I guess in your case the far plane values are 200000, 30000. This was an old typo from the SRP server.
In its results, it reverses the fade out logic and produces then such flicker. So just reset this field to default by right clicking it...

Pure Config can solve such proplems by 1 click in the Main tab.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have this FSR mod? I didn't know them and I purchased this car for my collection, but I'm deeply disappointed. The interior steering wheel animations are terrible, the windshield wipers don't work and seem detached from the cockpit not to mention the interior lights. Is anyone interested in fixing this mod? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-31 113116.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-31 113116.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have this FSR mod? I didn't know them and I purchased this car for my collection, but I'm deeply disappointed. The interior steering wheel animations are terrible, the windshield wipers don't work and seem detached from the cockpit not to mention the interior lights. Is anyone interested in fixing this mod? Thanks in advance
I wouldnt pay for any FSR mods. I doubt it could be fixed as he encrypts everything. Im surprised he's still operating with his physics and other work stolen from RSS, Studio 397, iracing etc

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back