Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
Hi all, First off happy new year! Hope everyone has a Great 2024!
Now I'm looking for some guidance cause I'm getting frustrated lol
Basically I am making some New Top Fuel Dragster Physics.
Its Going well but I'm having trouble with keeping the Car on the ground at Certain Fuel Loads.
Basically if I have 400L in the Fuel Tank the car works good but if I have anything less then say 350L it wants to flip over going down the track..... And if I have the realistic Fuel tank of about 85-90L It Flips at the start line lol.
So yeah if I could get some guidance on where I should exactly be looking for a Fix Because I don't really want to Run 400L in the tank for the Car too work I'm a bit of a Perfectionist in having the correct values and stuff lol so really would like it too work with 90L or less. I've tried playing around with Aero and stuff but it still flips with small fuel loads.
So yeah any ideas or help would be appreciated and please inbox me so its easier to keep a conversation :)
Thanks!

Hi Forum and Happy New Year!
I have a question for you: I would like to edit wet tires by pattern.ini creating a personal .ini for extension file to fix this problem with some mods. Here I'm on RSS Formula 2013 and rain tires are very bad.
Any advice? Thanks

Here the original pattern strings into assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\common\tyre_patterns.ini

[TEMPLATE: TyresPattern_StyleRainF1 EXTENDS TyresPattern]
; https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/rsz_1783cb1d8710-2.jpg, on the right
@ = TyresPattern_Along, Pos = 0.16, Width = 0.01
@ = TyresPattern_Along, Pos = 0.25, Width = 0.01
@ = TyresPattern_Along, Pos = 0.35, Width = 0.02
@ = TyresPattern_Along, Pos = 0.69, Width = 0.01
@ = TyresPattern_Along, Pos = 0.78, Width = 0.01
@ = TyresPattern_Along, Pos = 0.87, Width = 0.01
@ = TyresPattern_Along, Pos = 0.1, Width = 0.015

@ = TyresPattern_Across, From = 0, To = 0.445, Frequency = 10, Thickness = 0.25
@ = TyresPattern_Across_Curve, Exp = 2, Offset = 0.15
@ = TyresPattern_Across_Thickness, TargetThickness = 0.1, From = 0.93, To = 0.935

@ = TyresPattern_Across, From = 1, To = 0.475, Frequency = 10, Thickness = 0.2
@ = TyresPattern_Across_Curve, Exp = 3, Offset = 0.1
@ = TyresPattern_Across_Curve, Exp = 1, Offset = 0.2, From = 0.6, To = 1
@ = TyresPattern_Across_Curve, Exp = 2, Offset = -0.05, From = 0.9, To = 1
@ = TyresPattern_Across_Curve, Exp = -2, Offset = 0.025, From = 0.6, To = 0.7
@ = TyresPattern_Across_Thickness, TargetThickness = 0.4, From = 0.99
@ = TyresPattern_Across_Thickness, TargetThickness = 1.5, From = 0.996
@ = TyresPattern_Bit, Frequency = "1, 10", P0 = "0.56, 0.2", P1 = "0.53, 0.8", Thickness = 0.005
@ = TyresPattern_Trim, MaxWidth = 0.3, TrimLeft = 0.23, TrimRight = 0.18

Screenshot_rss_formula_2013_vhe_velocitta_1-0-124-11-27-51.jpg

There's 2 versions of the 2009 mod, not sure if the 1st version was stolen but SD "reworked" the 2009 cars and I agree they are not bad. I think it's the fact of what they did and people won't forgive them, I don't blame them. The new LMDh cars are okay too. Pretty sure SD called it a wrap this past week.
the second one is badly sized. The models are great, but i dunno how tf they managed to put a wrong body ratio

Before :

1704110505271.png

After resizing :

1704110524674.png

Happy, healthy new year to everyone ! :bowdown:

New year - new questions :D

Is there any neck.fx guide out there ?? Because any neck.fx preset i find so far is "too heavy" for me. This means i am a motion sickness guy, VR is not an option, neck.fx is still interesting, but i can`t find a more subtile configuration for me. I would like to optimize it myself, but some options are hard to understand without a kind guide.

Or maybe someone has a very subtile neck.fx ini for me?

Basically the car has two engine maps: one with 400 hp and one with 440 hp. In theory, based on the tests I have done, the car should be able to compete with the others more or less on every circuit. If any problems arise I will try to remedy them.

You're right about the support for the H gearbox, I forgot to set everything only for the sequential (in the next update I'll fix it).

The model is the GTR2 one. In the end only the body remained more or less original, I redid the rest from scratch with blender (and it is noticeable due to a topology so bad that it would make any 3D artist feel bad 😂 ).

As for the driver position, the problem is that in blender the driver has a natural pose but in game it doesn't respect what I set (also happens to the hand/wrist position).

The bodywork, but in general the 3D elements, are not final. Little by little I'm trying to fix everything (as I did for the splitter, headlights, etc.).

The steering covers the motec a bit, yes, but this type of configuration has the steering straight (compared to other versions which bring the steering inclined upwards). What is certain is that the 3D model of the steering wheel will not remain the same but will be changed. If the problem persists with the new one, I will look for a remedy to make the motec more visible.

Thanks to you, if it weren't for you who believed in this mod I would never have fixed it. 🎄
Hi !

I hope you will improve 3D model of the body because we currently see a big attempt to improve the rest of the car (interior is really good) but the body is still low poly atm ...
the only big issue I have found is brake discs on the right side (front right and rear right) of the car doesn't rotate properly (maybe axis aren't exactly the same as the rims).

Thank you to create/improve exotic cars like this :)

happy new year to everyone
First problem of the new year. I get a winter look even in summer at the Fiorano track. In August 2023. I'm on csp 1.79. How can I fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot_mnba_ferrari_california_t_2015_circuito_di_fiorano_1-0-124-18-13-10.png
    Screenshot_mnba_ferrari_california_t_2015_circuito_di_fiorano_1-0-124-18-13-10.png
    394.8 KB · Views: 7
Speaking of AI, I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to fix a problem with the LeMans67 ai. I have yet to figure out a fix. When two ai cars are near each other going down the front stretch and one of them slows down to pit, the ai car that is not pitting slams on the brakes in response to the other car slowing down. I've never seen this happen at any other track and would love to come up with a fix for it but so far no luck.
Last night Prosecco sudjested me another idea.
The reason why cars are crashing it is becouse the breacking zone for the pit entry is on the ai line.
You have to record a safer ai line more approcing the pit entry. Shift it a little bit further to the left side of the track, so the cars on the track can drive parallel to a car approcing the pit entry breacking zone.

happy new year to everyone
First problem of the new year. I get a winter look even in summer at the Fiorano track. In August 2023. I'm on csp 1.79. How can I fix?
2 options for the fix.

1. Go to CM > Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > Track Adjustment and make sure the Seasons adjustment is not active.

2. If your Fiorano track folder has an extension, then open the ext_config.ini file and delete any Seasons code in it.

Guys

Whats the difference between Pure's High Res and Low Res versions, regarding performance? Does anyone knows if the HDR version affects the game performance somehow? Or not so much?

Small update to this mod that only makes one small change. If you have my previous version and this addition is not important to you, then you can skip this update. If you do download the update, make sure to disable\delete any track skins from my previous version first to be safe. Please make sure to check folder names so you don't delete a skin from someone else by mistake.

-- Made a change in the way you can switch between a patchy grass look and a green grass look. The old way required people to edit the ext_config file. I changed it so that now you just need to enable a specific track skin thanks to a quick lesson from @The Vampire on how to use this feature.
Another great skin
A great track
Thanks

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_gtr_bilsterberg_1-0-124-15-48-39.jpg
Screenshot_lotus_elise_sc_bilsterberg_1-0-124-15-49-38.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_cayman_s_bilsterberg_1-0-124-15-51-35.jpg

anyone knows whether it´s possible to flip the camera angles in custom previews?
to adapt them manually is nearly impossible

Guys

Whats the difference between Pure's High Res and Low Res versions, regarding performance? Does anyone knows if the HDR version affects the game performance somehow? Or not so much?
None, low res are just easier to download for those with crapy internet connexion, otherwise these are static image.
@Peter Boese might clear it all better tho

Guys

There is actually no performance difference in fps. Highres is just using like 136MB of VRAM and like 4GB on disk space. Lowres is using 16MB of VRAM and 800 MB of disk space.

But performance wise both are the same.

A skin for the LPDesigns Maserati MC20. What a gorgeous car. Too bad it's not GT3. It runs fairly well with the GT3s (as fast in the straights, not as stable otherwise). Actually, for 14 bucks you can get this, the GT3 Mustang and a couple nice Alfa GT3s. I'm not happy that they're encrypted, but they're usable.

EDIT: Put the Maserati logo in, and added a driver (if I'm faking Weathertech, 2 drivers requ'd)

Happy New Year all!

Maserati-MC12gt2-02.jpg
Maserati-MC12gt2-09.jpg

Maserati-MC12gt2-10.jpg

Last edited:
Last night Prosecco sudjested me another idea.
The reason why cars are crashing it is becouse the breacking zone for the pit entry is on the ai line.
You have to record a safer ai line more approcing the pit entry. Shift it a little bit further to the left side of the track, so the cars on the track can drive parallel to a car approcing the pit entry breacking zone.
I will try that as well because so far nothing has worked.

24H
looking good

View attachment 1315605

Put in ext_config

[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
MESHES = wiper1,wiper2,wiper3
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = Window_Ft Out1
DEBUG = 1 ; remove when everything is ready

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES =wiper1,wiper2,wiper3
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1

[ANIMATED_WIPER_0]
DEBUG = 1
MESHES = wiper1, wiper2, wiper3
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = 'Window_Ft Out1'
GROUP_0 = 'wiper3@A=', 'wiper2@A=', 'wiper1@A=*'
GROUP_0_ANGLE_FROM = 1
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = -141.5
GROUP_0_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_END = 0.66462946, 0.8074738, 0.71532035
GROUP_0_PIVOT = -0.0032117367, 0.69800586, 0.9649396

Last edited:
There is actually no performance difference in fps. Highres is just using like 136MB of VRAM and like 4GB on disk space. Lowres is using 16MB of VRAM and 800 MB of disk space.

But performance wise both are the same.
Thxs for the answer Peter. I thought that was some difference at first!
which is the best looking version for Montjuic?
I tryed 2 tracks, but there are 2D trees and a 2D cathedral very disturbing
This one: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/montjuich-1975.61927/

It still has some 2D stuff, but it's the best you can find at the moment, till someone do one from scratch. At least the layout is accurate to reality (and thats what matters in the end).

Happy, healthy new year to everyone ! :bowdown:

New year - new questions :D

Is there any neck.fx guide out there ?? Because any neck.fx preset i find so far is "too heavy" for me. This means i am a motion sickness guy, VR is not an option, neck.fx is still interesting, but i can`t find a more subtile configuration for me. I would like to optimize it myself, but some options are hard to understand without a kind guide.

Or maybe someone has a very subtile neck.fx ini for me?
Search RealityMotion, by the guy who makes RealityFilter (can't use that one as I'm in HDR10).

Can't play without it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back