Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Hello Mates, i need your help.. i have an issue with the FFB with older Grand Prix cars like this :

or the 1923 cars from nicecuppatea..

the FFB feels horrible on older tracks with a lot of bumps, for example donington 38, iam using a 18 nm Asetek Forte base, but i did have this issue on my DD1 too, as soon as i hit the track the wheel goes crazy. the ffb meter shows strong spikes and sometimes clipping, although i only have the ffb set to 38% in CM .
i think its the suspension texture of these specific cars, i tried with FFB Tweaks on and off still the same does anyone know a fix..?

tested this on the maserati from kunos too, same issues.
but this doesnt happen when i use the vanilla version of AC, so this has to be some sort of csp issues..

Last edited:
Hi Joe, I dont know why but with your update the grass at my end becomes like this weird thin something , its not dense as it was before.. View attachment 1316002
I just took a quick look at the config and see that I might have the wrong path for the grass_fx texture. I'll double check after work today, but in the short term just copy the highlands.dds grass_fx texture and put it in the track's extension folder. That should fix the problem.

Hello Mates, i need your help.. i have an issue with the FFB with older Grand Prix cars like this :

or the 1923 cars from nicecuppatea..

the FFB feels horrible on older tracks with a lot of bumps, for example donington 38, iam using a 18 nm Asetek Forte base, but i did have this issue on my DD1 too, as soon as i hit the track the wheel goes crazy. the ffb meter shows strong spikes and sometimes clipping, although i only have the ffb set to 38% in CM .
i think its the suspension texture of these specific cars, i tried with FFB Tweaks on and off still the same does anyone know a fix..?

tested this on the maserati from kunos too, same issues.
but this doesnt happen when i use the vanilla version of AC, so this has to be some sort of csp issues..

Could be a lot of things, but I can assure you it's not the cars.
Tried the Kunos Maserati's, all Nicecuppateas 1923 cars on Donington 1938.
Nothing unusual here (latest CSP, latest CM)... DD Simucube here.
Do you use FFB clip app ?

Could be a lot of things, but I can assure you it's not the cars.
Tried the Kunos Maserati's, all Nicecuppateas 1923 cars on Donington 1938.
Nothing unusual here (latest CSP, latest CM)... DD Simucube here.
Do you use FFB clip app ?
Ok thats good to hear... specially since Asetek is using Simucube hardware, should be similar.

No i dont use the FFB Clip app.
would you mind posting (or DM) me your Simucube and AC settings?

i did a quick test with FFB Tweaks Disabled and the issue is gone on the kunos Maserati...
did you try the HSS Maserati i linked?

Last edited:
Anyone able to fix this nonsense? The car looks good apart from phantom wheels and alt-reality physics.
you need to edit the geometry of the suspension arms, but since no modder knows the exact data for this unique car, it is easier to copy the geometry of the suspension arms from another car, the one most similar to this car, which does not have similar problems.

you need to edit the geometry of the suspension arms, but since no modder knows the exact data for this unique car, it is easier to copy the geometry of the suspension arms from another car, the one most similar to this car, which does not have similar problems.
Probably best left to someone with experience in this area, methinks...

Ok thats good to hear... specially since Asetek is using Simucube hardware, should be similar.

i did a quick test with FFB Tweaks Disabled and the issue is gone on the kunos Maserati...
The HSS Maserati on Watkins Glen 1960's (Sergio Loro - high road mesh) which is a bit more harsh.
Nothing out of the ordinary there either.
I'll DM you screenshots of my Simucube settings.
AC Settings ? which exactly ? I never use vanilla AC...
I'd recommend using this though:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/

Last edited:
First of all a Cozy and Happy New Year to all of you.

Release:
--------
View attachment 1315870

Anyone else getting all of these errors?
1704207391661.png

The HSS Maserati on Watkins Glen 1960's (Sergio Loro - high road mesh) which is a bit more harsh.
Nothing out of the ordinary there either.
I'll DM you screenshots of my Simucube settings.
AC Settings ? which exactly ? I never use vanilla AC...
I'd recommend using this though:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/
In addition of the FFB Clip, I use also this one : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffb-anti-clip.65648/

In addition of the FFB Clip, I use also this one : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffb-anti-clip.65648/
does this work in the same way as FFB Clip?
I thought ffb-clip apps weren't meant for DDWs, or even needed? I remember reading it somewhere.
I just output the real forces to my DDW here:

View attachment 1316039
i thought the same, but apparently its still of good use, i remember that ffbclip features a dd mode, where you can set the target NM.

what wheelbase are you using?

Anyone able to fix this nonsense? The car looks good apart from phantom wheels and alt-reality physics.
let's hope because the car is aesthetically perfect
CC: alexlockout

So, research led me to this, which means Yuki wasn't far off.

e9-rear-susp.png

But he had two trailing control arms (represented by AC wishbones), and nothing to act as a strut, like in the real car.
For his 2800 CS, Velo, as you'd expect, did his homework much better, and provided a much better idea of what the setup should look like. The cars are very similar in dimensions, so I kept the wishbone and hub mounting points the same, but used the (much) softer road car spring rates and damping.
I also moved the connecting point of the front strut and the front lower wishbone, because -9.5 degrees of castor is excessive, even for a road-going luxury-ish Bimmer. Now -5.9 which is still slow but feels OK.
Lastly, I took 25mm out of that nose-in-the-air stance. You'll need to: CM Showroom, Align using data, and Update Model, if you're concerned about the previews looking correct.

Feedback would be appreciated, and if it's good, I can try to reach Yuki to pass the suggestions back up the line.
Just remove the .txt, make a backup of the original data.acd, and drop it in.

Attachments

• data.acd.txt
    197.8 KB · Views: 5
does this work in the same way as FFB Clip?

i thought the same, but apparently its still of good use, i remember that ffbclip features a dd mode, where you can set the target NM.

what wheelbase are you using?
Fanatec Podium DD1

CC: alexlockout

So, research led me to this, which means Yuki wasn't far off.

View attachment 1316045

But he had two trailing control arms (represented by AC wishbones), and nothing to act as a strut, like in the real car.
For his 2800 CS, Velo, as you'd expect, did his homework much better, and provided a much better idea of what the setup should look like. The cars are very similar in dimensions, so I kept the wishbone and hub mounting points the same, but used the (much) softer road car spring rates and damping.
I also moved the connecting point of the front strut and the front lower wishbone, because -9.5 degrees of castor is excessive, even for a road-going luxury-ish Bimmer. Now -5.9 which is still slow but feels OK.
Lastly, I took 25mm out of that nose-in-the-air stance. You'll need to: CM Showroom, Align using data, and Update Model, if you're concerned about the previews looking correct.

Feedback would be appreciated, and if it's good, I can try to reach Yuki to pass the suggestions back up the line.
Just remove the .txt, make a backup of the original data.acd, and drop it in.
Thanks for this, feels much better now.
The steering wheel rotates around twice as fast as it should, and isn't in synch with our own steering wheels. Is this something you could also correct please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fanatec Podium DD1

Thanks for this, feels much better now.
The steering wheel rotates around twice as fast as it should, and isn't in synch with our own steering wheels. Is this something you could also correct please?
Hmm... I play with the steering wheel hidden, so didn't notice that. Having unhidden it, the two are perfectly synced...
But I also have the "Auto adjust scale to match car's steer lock" turned on. If I turn that off, I see the behaviour you've described.
The car has a 792=degree lock, and if I change that it scales the effect, but doesn't fix it. Can I suggest you try that setting?

auto-adjust.png

Else someone smarter than me will need to step up.

The car has a 792=degree lock, and if I change that it scales the effect, but doesn't fix it. Can I suggest you try that setting?
STEER_LOCK=792 degrees, (this is the steering angle in one direction only) the total rotation angle will be 1584 degrees. so if your steering wheel has a total rotation angle of 900 degrees (the standard for most steering wheels), then on machines where STEER_LOCK=more than 450 degrees, there will always be a desynchronization between the real steering wheel and the steering wheel in the game. therefore, the setting you specified must be enabled. that's the right decision.

Last edited:
Good to know, has anyone listed the content anywhere? Any advice on how to gather the content? Do you have the whole “kit and kaboodle”?
Probably a good starting point

Also another source

I thought ffb-clip apps weren't meant for DDWs, or even needed? I remember reading it somewhere.
I just output the real forces to my DDW here:

View attachment 1316039
The old ffb clip was made by a friend of mine, and he uses it for DDWs too.
I haven't used it myself in a while, but will try the new LUA one when i get some replacement pedals so i start driving again.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back