Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
24-heures-du-mans-2023-le-livre-officiel.jpg

Do we have the full grid to recreate the Leman 2023? Partial grid? What is available?
This channel is a good source of grids. I didn't test this one, though:

Good to know, has anyone listed the content anywhere? Any advice on how to gather the content? Do you have the whole “kit and kaboodle”?
my suggestions would be these, though I haven't done any testing concerning BOP:
Hypercar:

Cadillac: I use the one by ACF, skins come either packed with the car or on RD

Ferrari: also by ACF, LM skins by Theophilos

Glickenhaus: URD, skins on RD

Peugeot: Thegost/Flashsacs/Yezhrod, skins on RD

Porsche: also ACF, loads of skins on RD, doesn’t care what car they claim to be for as the base model is the same for at least 4 (!) versions

Toyota: URD, skins on RD

Vanwall: there was one by FSR with a BOP/physics update on RD, skins also on RD

LMP2:

Either URD or Yezhrod, URD skins on RD, Yezhrod skins come with the car

GTE:

Aston, Corvette, Porsche: URD, I think we have all skins on RD by now

Ferrari: Yezhrod, all skins ever used come with the car pack

Everything seems to be fine with the mod.
It must be your settings.

View attachment 1316060
great.... weird, but at least racinjoe idea to put highland.dds in extension folder made the grass reappear. But I dont know what the problem is, I re copied one older version of his Bilsterberg that is in Breathes list, that works ok, but as soon as I copy over his new update the grass goes crazy. Have to look into it, but thank anyway. Good to know that its something on my end.

Anyone know how to fix when a car is not centered the right place in previews/showroom? (and why is this so often a Mustang thing? ;))

1704225045096.png

great.... weird, but at least racinjoe idea to put highland.dds in extension folder made the grass reappear. But I dont know what the problem is, I re copied one older version of his Bilsterberg that is in Breathes list, that works ok, but as soon as I copy over his new update the grass goes crazy. Have to look into it, but thank anyway. Good to know that its something on my end.
I updated the package to fix the incorrect path but if you want to fix it yourself, just open up the ext_config file and search for highlands.dds.

Change this line:

TEXTURE=highlands.dds

To this:

TEXTURE=grass_fx/highlands.dds

Apparently newer CSP versions require the full path whereas the older CSP version I am using just needs the texture file name.

Hmm... I play with the steering wheel hidden, so didn't notice that. Having unhidden it, the two are perfectly synced...
But I also have the "Auto adjust scale to match car's steer lock" turned on. If I turn that off, I see the behaviour you've described.
The car has a 792=degree lock, and if I change that it scales the effect, but doesn't fix it. Can I suggest you try that setting?

View attachment 1316055

Else someone smarter than me will need to step up.
Pretty sure I've always had that ticked, but did change PCs a few weeks ago.
This is CM and CSP, so needles and haystacks come to mind... where exactly is that option hidden please?
edit: nvm, just found it: settings/assetto corsa/controls/axis.

And yes, it's already ticked.
Mmm.

Edit 2: the in-game steering wheel rotates out of synch about 50% faster than my own. AFAIK, this is the only car out of thousands that's exhibited this behaviour.

Last edited:
CC: alexlockout

So, research led me to this, which means Yuki wasn't far off.

View attachment 1316045

But he had two trailing control arms (represented by AC wishbones), and nothing to act as a strut, like in the real car.
For his 2800 CS, Velo, as you'd expect, did his homework much better, and provided a much better idea of what the setup should look like. The cars are very similar in dimensions, so I kept the wishbone and hub mounting points the same, but used the (much) softer road car spring rates and damping.
I also moved the connecting point of the front strut and the front lower wishbone, because -9.5 degrees of castor is excessive, even for a road-going luxury-ish Bimmer. Now -5.9 which is still slow but feels OK.
Lastly, I took 25mm out of that nose-in-the-air stance. You'll need to: CM Showroom, Align using data, and Update Model, if you're concerned about the previews looking correct.

Feedback would be appreciated, and if it's good, I can try to reach Yuki to pass the suggestions back up the line.
Just remove the .txt, make a backup of the original data.acd, and drop it in.
Since you were able to fix the problem and it seems you know what you are doing, there is another BMW with the same issue.

It's the BMW 2002 Turbo by The MNBA Group, B.Gili.
I wonder if you have the car and it would be easy for you to fix.
It's a mod worth saving in my opinion!
Thanks for helping!

Hi there!

Could someone help me with something?

The RSS Mercer and RSS Bayer cars for AC have an unusual physics and force feedback anomaly that is the lack of gyroscopic effect: If the steering wheel is loose and a slight input is given, the car begins to oscillate and get out of control.
Any idea which parameter can be changed to correct the anomaly?

I’m running AC with CM and CSP preview. CSL DD, 70% gain.

Thank you.

Pretty sure I've always had that ticked, but did change PCs a few weeks ago.
This is CM and CSP, so needles and haystacks come to mind... where exactly is that option hidden please?
edit: nvm, just found it: settings/assetto corsa/controls/axis.

And yes, it's already ticked.
Mmm.

Edit 2: the in-game steering wheel rotates out of synch about 50% faster than my own. AFAIK, this is the only car out of thousands that's exhibited this behaviour.
In pursuit of "Don't let perfect become the enemy of good..."
Here's a car.ini with the STEER_LOCK set to 450.
Might not be perfect but perhaps it won't be distracting.

Attachments

• car.ini.txt
    855 bytes · Views: 4
Anyone else getting all of these errors?
View attachment 1316023

Edit: it is not my fault, Realspec copied this like this or it is a GDrive fault, but one is fact the Main Dir name is missing...

it must be named like this: rs_mercedes_560_koenig_88 thats why you have these errors.

Speaking of this Yuki BMW, the left rear brakedisc always glows when driving, did you encounter the same issue?

View attachment 1316143
Maybe it is because the car is V 0.114 ?

Last edited:
Since you were able to fix the problem and it seems you know what you are doing, there is another BMW with the same issue.

It's the BMW 2002 Turbo by The MNBA Group, B.Gili.
I wonder if you have the car and it would be easy for you to fix.
It's a mod worth saving in my opinion!
Thanks for helping!
Good news.
Yes, I have that car, big admirer of Buja's work, and the 2002 is a great example of it.
More good news. I don't remember this from the last time I drove it, so...
Just gave the little BMW a run around the Red Bull Ring to be sure, and it's defo not showing either problem.
Has a very positive squat on take-off, and the wheel is in sync, with or without the Auto Adjust Scale switch.

Good news.
Yes, I have that car, big admirer of Buja's work, and the 2002 is a great example of it.
Just gave the little BMW a run around the Red Bull Ring to be sure, and it's defo not showing either problem.
Has a very positive squat on take-off, and the wheel is in sync, with or without the Auto Adjust Scale switch.
I think he was referring to that, that the BMW 2002 also is not properly set up as a RWD car.

Did anyone figure out what the engine maps on URD's Porsche 911 RSR GTE 2020/2021 do? 'Cause there's 6 of them and I don't experience any difference whatsoever between them...
Comparing the data file to their 2023 GT3 R which I know has working engine maps there are .lut files in the GT3 R data folder but none in the RSR GTE one

In pursuit of "Don't let perfect become the enemy of good..."
Here's a car.ini with the STEER_LOCK set to 450.
Might not be perfect but perhaps it won't be distracting.
Thanks, will test soon but trying to resolve a weird maybe-related, maybe not-related issue.
My Podium DD1 is calibrated perfectly in the Fanatec control panel. I turn my wheel visually 90, 180, 360 degrees and it reads 90, 180, 360 degrees in the calibration software. So I'm pretty happy the wheel is calibrated properly.
However, in Assetto Corsa the in-game wheel is out of synch with my physical wheel by about ~10%.
On my previous PC they were exactly in synch.
AFAIK, all settings in CM/AC are correct and there's nothing that should be creating this mismatch.
I've tried different USB ports.
Can't understand it.
But it's driving me mad.
Any ideas?

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have TheGhost's Porsche 963 Lmdh and have they solved the headlight problem from inside the cockpit?

Has anyone animated the wipers in TheGhost's Ultima RS 20 mod?

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-02 223348.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-02 223348.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
Is the maximum steering angle in the content manager settings and in the steering wheel driver settings the same? Perhaps in the steering wheel driver it is 1080, and in the content manager 900?
Thanks very much, that set me on the right path. I unticked Auto adjust scale to match car's steer lock and reset the steering angle to 1080 degrees, then reticked Auto adjust scale to match car's steer lock and it seems to have fixed it. CM seemed to think the steer angle should have been maxed out at 1180 degrees for some unfathomable reason, which as you suggested accounted for the ~10% discrepancy, despite the fact that the auto-adjust setting should have overwritten it. Looks like it needed turning on and off to reboot it.
The Yuki CSL steering is still waaay off though. I'll try @andrevr 's config next.
edit: yes, it works. Thanks @andrevr.
I've tweaked the driver position and shifting animation if anyone wants it for VR?

Last edited:
Aston V12 Vantage Manual 2010 Update 1.1 !!!!
Download: https://sharemods.com/92g8e1or9flt/aston_martin_v12_2010_update_1.1.rar.html
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics By VRDRIVING
-CSP Settings
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@Mascot,and norms

View attachment 1316115View attachment 1316116View attachment 1316117
@petercrill didn't include a changelog with this update, but from memory:
  • new driver posture/scale/rotation
  • new shifting animation/timing
  • missing rear reflectors added
  • ground collider height corrected
  • twin exhaust smoke fixed
  • central brake light adjusted
  • missing faces on wiper arms added

I think that was everything.
This is a great car in spec races, lots of fun to chuck around St Croix.

Good news.
Hmmm... I have version 1.3 installed and it has the same issue as the Yuki CSL: it lifts the rear instead of squatting...

Aston V12 Vantage Manual 2010 Update 1.1 !!!!
Download: https://sharemods.com/92g8e1or9flt/aston_martin_v12_2010_update_1.1.rar.html
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics By VRDRIVING
-CSP Settings
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@Mascot,and norms

View attachment 1316115View attachment 1316116View attachment 1316117

@petercrill didn't include a changelog with this update, but from memory:
  • new driver posture/scale/rotation
  • new shifting animation/timing
  • missing rear reflectors added
  • ground collider height corrected
  • twin exhaust smoke fixed
  • central brake light adjusted
  • missing faces on wiper arms added

I think that was everything.
This is a great car in spec races, lots of fun to chuck around St Croix.
Will version 1.2 have realistic tyres? Or is this intentional to replicate the feeling of driving this Aston?

1704246757573.jpeg

Are you using v.114 of the mod? Mine does not not behave this way; I can see mine squatting upon acceleration.

Your blurred objects.ini tip seems to have solved the original problem though, so thanks!

Dream car, nice looking mod. Is it new? Not seen that one before.
Yeah, it's quite new.

Hmmm... I have version 1.3 installed and it has the same issue as the Yuki CSL: it lifts the rear instead of squatting...
CC: Alx Hill

There's a clue. I'm a bit behind. Only have 1.0. Let me get the new one and see how that goes.

Aha! You are 100% correct. Somewhere in the update chain, the rear suspension was changed completely.
To be fair, the v1.0 looks like a "release date, let's get this out the door" setup, not even close to reality.

The v1.3 however looks remarkably similar to Yuki's CSL.
Working on fixing it.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back