Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,907 comments
I have almost all the RSS, VRC and URD mods (sorted by preference)...Simdream I bought the F12009 mod and it doesn't seem bad to me, even if I haven't heard good things about it. FSR I didn't know about them, but now I know about them and will stay away from them. However, they refunded my purchase. Thank you

Open Pure Config app. What do you see at the main page?

Flickering of sky or track objects is mostly caused be wrong settings here:
View attachment 1315521

Its not supposed to be that the first value is higher than the second value in a field.
Those 2 values mean:
  • the fade out of an object starts with the first distance value
  • the fade out ends with the last distance value
  • those values are representing meters

I guess in your case the far plane values are 200000, 30000. This was an old typo from the SRP server.
In its results, it reverses the fade out logic and produces then such flicker. So just reset this field to default by right clicking it...

Pure Config can solve such proplems by 1 click in the Main tab.
Reducing the far plane high value from 200000 to 20000 seems to have indeed fixed my issue. Thank you so much, you're the best!
Have yourself a lovely New Year's eve!

My new "fake" version for the Ferrari 330 TR/LM, winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans 1962 (O.Gendebien/P.Hill). Two versions of skins (clean and dirty). You can have fun while something better is not done.
Hello
again a good work !
im interesting to drive it for the Lm 1962 against 250 GTO ..
do you have the link ?
again a great thank in advance.

Do you if a can found the Ferrari 250 tri 1961 ?

Thank you. I will try that but every ai making tutorial I ever saw said you were supposed to start the pit line way back from the actual pit entry. Were those people all wrong? They also said the pit_line exit had to synch up with the racing line at some point, but i've seen it work even if the pit_line is no where near the racing line.
Record the AI line and Side lines (not necessary, you have already done it)
Copy the AI line to "Data" folder and rename it to "ideal_line.ai"
Switch on "Ideal line" in Drive menù options (you will get it visible on track and it will be easyer to record the pit line)
Go on track and stay on the "Ideal line" 20-30 m before you want to go to the pits (so you will have the pit_line overlapping the ai_line for about 20-30 m) )
Record the "pit_line.ai" and finish the recording untill you reach the "Ideal line" and overlap it for another 20-30 m.

Last edited:
Aston Martin V12 Vantage Manual 2010 Public Release !!!!
Download:
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics By VRDRIVING
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1313749
rearview mirrors are not working here ... ? anyone else had this issue?

EDIT : never mind, I had a version v1.01 from ACTK Garage, and he prob. botched it ... Reinstalled the v1.0 and all good now!

For who wants, here my skin :

1704031577733.png

(don't be scared when you look in the rearview ;)

Have a wonderful end of 2023 all , with nice celebrations , no accidents, and just the right amount of alcohol.

A good tip : think about the morning after last time you drank too much , before opening that next bottle this evening! ;)
Cheers!

Last edited:
Copy this in ext-config :

[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
MESHES = GEO_Wiper5,GEO_Wiper4,GEO_Wiper2,GEO_Wiper1
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = FrontWindow_Windshield_Glass
DEBUG = 1 ; remove when everything is ready

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = GEO_Wiper5,GEO_Wiper4,GEO_Wiper2,GEO_Wiper1
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1
---------------------
[ANIMATED_WIPER_0]
DEBUG = 1
MESHES = GEO_Wiper5, GEO_Wiper4, GEO_Wiper2, GEO_Wiper1
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = FrontWindow_Windshield_Glass
GROUP_0 = 'GEO_Wiper2@A=', 'GEO_Wiper1@A='
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = 120
GROUP_0_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_END = -0.65879905, 0.73148143, 0.6872159
GROUP_0_PIVOT = 0.52884674, 0.72183037, 0.8451538
GROUP_0_BASE_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_BASE_PIVOT = 0.52884674, 0.72183037, 0.8451538
GROUP_1 = 'GEO_Wiper4@A=', 'GEO_Wiper5@A='
GROUP_1_ANGLE_TO = 120
GROUP_1_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_1_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_1_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_1_END = -0.65758467, 0.73688126, 0.6839595
GROUP_1_PIVOT = -0.060710907, 0.69358253, 0.92959595
GROUP_1_SCALE_LUT = '(|0.000=1.000|1.009=1.052|)'
GROUP_1_BASE_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_1_BASE_PIVOT = -0.060710907, 0.69358253, 0.92959595
This doesn´t fix the wipers for AssettoDrives Porsche GT2 RS.
That´s a disappointment. There are only good GT2 RS MR but no Root-Car-Version with awesome functionally wipers, turn-signals, lights. The car was an technical wonder. It messed up with cars that had more power/cylinders.
I search for a good version since the start of AssettoCorsa. I´ll start a party when sometimes it arrives... :gtpflag:

This doesn´t fix the wipers for AssettoDrives Porsche GT2 RS.
That´s a disappointment. There are only good GT2 RS MR but no Root-Car-Version with awesome functionally wipers, turn-signals, lights. The car was an technical wonder. It messed up with cars that had more power/cylinders.
I search for a good version since the start of AssettoCorsa. I´ll start a party when sometimes it arrives... :gtpflag:
How about trying to sort them yourself? I came across this tutorial which looks pretty easy to follow -

I once downloaded a pack which added CSP wipers to a ton of cars but cannot for the life of me find where I got it from.

:edit:

Found the URL in my JDownloader list...I knew there was a reason I never clear out the complete download list :D

Last edited:
I have almost all the RSS, VRC and URD mods (sorted by preference)...Simdream I bought the F12009 mod and it doesn't seem bad to me, even if I haven't heard good things about it. FSR I didn't know about them, but now I know about them and will stay away from them. However, they refunded my purchase. Thank you
The 2009 was a high quality mod, imo. I was pleased with what they produced. I'm even tempted by the latest lmdh cars but I think RSS is going to start producing more of those so it only makes sense to hold out rather than double purchasing.

In case you missed this rather spiffing Shelby GT500 2020 pack from MNBA...

View attachment 1315419

In VR, the driver posture was a little odd and his grip on the steering wheel wasn't great, so here's an alternative if you want it (works for both cars).
(put the steer.ksanim in the 'animations' folder, and the driver_base_pos.knh in the car folder)

View attachment 1315420
I had missed it, thank you for correcting the situation, as this is a remarkable mod.
Thank you for the "updated" driver position, did not even try the original, but with your files, it looks bang on in my VR set.

As great as the mod is, if like me, you find it odd that the wheel would shake in a straight line, if the steering is not hold firmly, STEER_ASSIST=1.000 will fix it.

After reading the news article on what is coming for 2024 for new SIM offering, earlier today, driving this car around in full CSP/SOL 2.5 glory, made me think, even the all mighty Kunos, will have a hard time toping what experiencing AC today can already offer.

Wishing a great 2024 SIM year to all.

Could you share "Valencia Ricardo Tormo"? Thank you😀

OR the ACC convert from Fenryr which is still WIP (won´t provide a link to patreon here).

Last edited:
Could you share "Valencia Ricardo Tormo"? Thank you😀

Oooops did not see there was already answers :D
Nevermind ... i think my upload is up to date and comes with 3 different AI lines :dopey:

Last edited:

OR the ACC convert from Fenryr which is still WIP (won´t provide a link to patreon here).

Oooops did not see there was already answers :D
Nevermind ... i think my upload is up to date and comes with 3 different AI lines :dopey:
Thank you guys 😁

Bilster Berg ext_config\track skin update I made for myself because for some reason the grass and trees were over-exposed for me and I couldn't figure out why. You can give it a try if you'd like. PPFilters can make a huge difference so you might not like how things look. I just know it looks fine on my end with my own personal filter.

Bilster Berg Update

This is for the version of the track done by Fat-Alfie, Legion and nobody. It makes no changes to the track itself other than how the grass and trees look. Please make sure to rename or backup your current ext_config file so you can easily revert back if you don't care for the changes.

Notes:

-- Always leave the Grass and Trees track skin enabled.
-- There are two ways the grass can look, all green and patchy. I saw pictures of the track that looked both ways, so I made two versions. Patchy grass is active by default because I prefer it. To change grass styles, simply choose either the Grass Green or Grass Patchy track skin.
-- Other config additions include seasonal changes and a change to the lights so that they come on at night and when it rains. I didn't change their settings so they should look exactly as they did before.
-- Any ambient and diffuse shader values I changed are in the Shader Values section of the config so you can easily adjust them to get the brightness you prefer for the grass, trees and road. They are setup to look good for my system.

View attachment 1257844
Small update to this mod that only makes one small change. If you have my previous version and this addition is not important to you, then you can skip this update. If you do download the update, make sure to disable\delete any track skins from my previous version first to be safe. Please make sure to check folder names so you don't delete a skin from someone else by mistake.

-- Made a change in the way you can switch between a patchy grass look and a green grass look. The old way required people to edit the ext_config file. I changed it so that now you just need to enable a specific track skin thanks to a quick lesson from @The Vampire on how to use this feature.

X90
For those who haven't seen, the LuccaRing got a surprise end-of-year update, making the HD version permanently free.

There are reports of there being a skin/ui sorting issue, and the steps to download the "endurance" layout are unclear...
First, (in RD, of course) you have to download the HD version from the link provided in the last message from the "Updates" tab, then download the "Luccaring Endurance - Legacy edition" version from the "History" tab, install all manually from scratch and take a look at the last messages of the "Discussion" tab, where are some instructions to solve the issue of the missing "Endurance" layout until its creator releases a new fixed version.

And Happy New Year everyone! 🥳

X90
For those who haven't seen, the LuccaRing got a surprise end-of-year update, making the HD version permanently free.

There are reports of there being a skin/ui sorting issue, and the steps to download the "endurance" layout are unclear.

It will likely be rectified in a day or two.
Go to: content/tracks/luccaring/ui and copy/paste luccaring folder and rename to "luccaring_endurance". Then go in that folder, open the ui_track.json and change line 3 to: "name": "LuccaRing Endurance",

Should work fine after that. But yes, he'll be updating the download but if you want to race now this works.

Go to: content/tracks/luccaring/ui and copy/paste luccaring folder and rename to "luccaring_endurance". Then go in that folder, open the ui_track.json and change line 3 to: "name": "LuccaRing Endurance",

Should work fine after that. But yes, he'll be updating the download but if you want to race now this works.
I do not. I'll just wait.

Dumb ai question. I had the ai app open and accidentally hit the save ai button. It said it saved an ai.ini file. I want to replace that file with the previous version I have in my backups so as not to screw something up. Problem is I don't know where that file is saved to. I tried searching my AC folder, but it came up with no ai.ini files in the results.

Anyone know where the ai.ini file gets saved if you hit that button?

Dumb ai question. I had the ai app open and accidentally hit the save ai button. It said it saved an ai.ini file. I want to replace that file with the previous version I have in my backups so as not to screw something up. Problem is I don't know where that file is saved to. I tried searching my AC folder, but it came up with no ai.ini files in the results.

In the "ai" folder, you're looking for "fast_lane.ai". That's what the AI app saves to.

If it's working properly, the one you just did should be called "fast_lane.ai.candidate". That's the one you just made. Rename your original "fast_lane.ai" to keep it around (I use "fast_lane.ai.orig) as a backup.

I also believe you don't actually have to hit the "save" button on the app. It automatically does so after closing AC. Not 100% sure on that, but I never hit the "save" button on the current AI I'm working on and it saved it automatically.

If you're talking about cars, that only works if the data is unpacked. Otherwise, it's locked inside the data.acd and you have to unpack it with CM (unless it's data encrypted).

There's 2 versions of the 2009 mod, not sure if the 1st version was stolen but SD "reworked" the 2009 cars and I agree they are not bad. I think it's the fact of what they did and people won't forgive them, I don't blame them. The new LMDh cars are okay too. Pretty sure SD called it a wrap this past week.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back