Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,858 comments
Could anyone tell me why this message appears every time I race on Assetto Corsa?I don't know what I activated (which key I pressed without knowing).

Attachments

• assetto.corsa.png
    assetto.corsa.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 23
Walk on, nothing to see here, just another crappy mod :lol:

Volkswagen Scirocco MK2 GTX 16V
Code:
Original model by FM7
AC version by Pfalzdriver
If you like the car, feel free to buy me a beer (or two): https://streamlabs.com/pfalzdriver

1982 paved the way for a new generation Scirocco. This more rounded, slightly longer Scirocco was designed internally by Volkswagens styling studio. Based on the same platform as the original Scirocco, the new body allowed drag coefficient to be reduced from 0.42 to 0.38.

EXTRA-A = Interior light*
EXTRA-B = Open/close hood/trunk*
EXTRA-C = Open/close doors*
EXTRA-E = Open/close sunroof*
EXTRA-F = Foglight*

I've used as much real data as I could get my hands on. Engine and gearbox is fully made with proper torgue data, gear rations fit the real 2Y gearbox by Volkswagen. Aero and suspension had to be some compromise. Full AO inside and outside is present. All lights and instruments are working*.

Have fun with another classical german car. :)

* CSP required!
Tested with Shaders patch version 0.2.3-preview1. No warranty for prior versions, but everything down to CSP 0.1.79 should work without issues.
Known issues
  • Steering and shift animation arent completely right
  • Rear wiper detached when opening trunk (I hide it as a workaround, not that pretty tho)
  • No girlfriend, condoms, cigarettes or road maps available :cheers:
__custom_showroom_1705221607.jpg
Screenshot_pfa_vw_scirocco_53b_first_snow_12-0-124-19-15-17.jpg
Screenshot_pfa_vw_scirocco_53b_ks_nurburgring_14-0-124-16-49-14.jpg

Download at GTPlanet or Sharemods

This problem exists at least since 2021 and has nothing to do with new versions of CSP. The activation of "graphics adjustments" changes the way, the game handles the LODs. This is a good thing, because it helps to improve the performance of the game and so should be activated. But it causes the problem for a handful of cars, that the LODs for 6 of these cars in the distance don't have tyres. The stock Kunos Lotus 49 has the problem, the stock Kunos Ferrari 312/67 doesn't. I don't know exactly what causes the problem, but it can be the names of the meshes of the tyres of the cars. The Lotus 49 doesn't have the word "tire" or "tyre" in the names of the meshes of the tyres, the Ferrari does. So CSP seems to think, that these meshes are not important and hides them in the distance, to improve the performance.

You can solve the problem by changing a value from 10 to 16 in a hidden section in "graphics_adjustment.ini" in "assettocorsa\extension\config".

[VISIBLE_CARS]
; hidden
; four values are for: LOD A, simplified LOD A, simplified some more, LOD D

MAIN=2, 4, 16, 200

If you also remove ";hidden", you can edit the value directly in CM under "CUSTOM SHADERS PATCH/GRAPHICS ADJUSTMENTS".

To test the new setting, you can use the Kunos Lotus 49 in a Quick Race with 19 opponents at Spa 1966. When you start from position 20 and the field drives through "Eau Rouge" in front of you after the start, you will easily see, whether 6 cars in front of you are without tires or not.
Thank you! It works! Interestingly, with CSP 1.80-Preview218, mods that I indicated have wheels even unchanged in Graphic Adjustments

Last edited:
I know a few of us are suffering with AI weirdness lately (cars not leaving pits, not starting the race etc) and just wanted to add an observation which could help someone who might be looking into these anomalies.

I have a recurring bug (I think someone else also reported it recently) where the 4th place driver in a race does not move at the race start and a pile up ensues. Happens on multiple tracks with many different cars, mixed grids or all same car, new AI behaviour on or off makes no difference.

The observation, which may or may not shed some light is that when this bug occurs there are some drivers facing the wrong way inside the cockpits of some cars. Looks hilarious but this bug is killing the game for me. There's only so much hotlapping I can enjoy.

Problem with VRC 9X8 Hypercar. No CPS version only runs on electric. The dashboard is not turned on and does not turn on with the ignition and start commands of the CSP version. Someone like me?
I had the exact same problem yesterday with the no CSP version. But it happened to me after I had installed the real life skins from RD. I tried to install it again and I ended up not being able to see anything on the steering wheels dashboard either. I had to give up. I ll try later again today. Hope that someone has a solution til then

Some updates for the F1 2023 helmets:

Added new helmets:

Mexico: Perez, Bottas

Qatar: Gasly

Brazil: Hamilton, Ocon, Gasly

Austin: Leclerc, Sainz, Gasly, Norris, Zhou, Magnussen, Hulkenberg, Ricciardo

Las Vegas: Verstappen, Perez, Leclerc, Sainz, Ocon, Piastri, Bottas, Alonso, Stroll, Magnussen, Ricciardo, Albon

Abu Dahbi: Leclerc, Gasly, Magnussen, Tsunoda, Ricciardo

I know a few of us are suffering with AI weirdness lately (cars not leaving pits, not starting the race etc) and just wanted to add an observation which could help someone who might be looking into these anomalies.

I have a recurring bug (I think someone else also reported it recently) where the 4th place driver in a race does not move at the race start and a pile up ensues. Happens on multiple tracks with many different cars, mixed grids or all same car, new AI behaviour on or off makes no difference.

The observation, which may or may not shed some light is that when this bug occurs there are some drivers facing the wrong way inside the cockpits of some cars. Looks hilarious but this bug is killing the game for me. There's only so much hotlapping I can enjoy.
I experienced a similar issue for the first time at Le-mans yesterday where the AI cars sometimes don't even get off the line but the same cars tested at Charlotte Motor Speedway race without issues, at least for me.

I see this issue is also at Nordschleife 2023 (Pyyer) version but the normal Nordschleife (Kunos) version there is no issue with the Ai when the race starts.

Hi Joe ,

I noticed when I switched to the pure PP filter when I installed the newest Pure yesterday, that even after a total reset to default via the Pure config app, everything was too dark...

I use the Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter and must say I like the results alot better then with Peter's latest own pure pp filter...
Not only are the images lighter and more accurate for the time of day, but also I notice that emitted light from brake lights and dash instruments etc are more realistic and immersive.

A very good example to showcase the reason esp in VR I preffer this PP filter over to the native pure filter by Peter Boese :
take the Volkswagen Golf Mk2 Tuned "Unknown v1.1" (found on ACTK garage),
when you turn on the headlights the dials and digits of the speedometer emit a blue light.
With the default pure filter , they become almost unreadable and they "sink" (I don't know how else to call it, they move down a bit in the Z axis if you know what I mean. flicking on/off the lights , you will see what I mean - potentially only in VR!)

With the aforementioned IV PureCS filter this effect is not at all there, and the lights on the instruments are beautiful and realistic.

As you correctly mentioned, using different PP filters, gives other results, so maybe before changing actual textures , we should all agree what PP filter to use a base of refference ?? (and my vote goes to this IV PureCS filter) :lol:

I urge you to try it
(esp before making tracks darker, it's good to select the best possible PP filter first ;)
maybe there's better ones but this one is the best one I came across , and it seems to get updated frequently along w Pure updates) - I'm at v2.0 and now already it's at 2.14 (which I will install now - hope it didn't get worse)
:cheers:
what was too dark? Only the low tones? Because the default pure ppfilter is even brighter than the one from Pure 0.235.
I fixed the tonemapping in it. Also at Pure Discord, there is a new variant of the Pure filter in the hotfix section. It has brighter lowtones at night.

If low tones are too low, you can adjust this in the tonemapping with this slider. If you activate the curve, you see what you are doing there:
1705314428995.png

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem yesterday with the no CSP version. But it happened to me after I had installed the real life skins from RD. I tried to install it again and I ended up not being able to see anything on the steering wheels dashboard either. I had to give up. I ll try later again today. Hope that someone has a solution til then
Hi !

Don’t install the extension files with the archive of the true skins and… ENJOY !

Cheers.

I experienced a similar issue for the first time at Le-mans yesterday where the AI cars sometimes don't even get off the line but the same cars tested at Charlotte Motor Speedway race without issues, at least for me.

I see this issue is also at Nordschleife 2023 (Pyyer) version but the normal Nordschleife (Kunos) version there is no issue with the Ai when the race starts.
This issue typically occurrs with track layouts utilizing extended track physics as evidenced by the "surfaces.ini" file with the following line: WAV_PITCH=extended-0

The race will start normally if you immediately escape from the bugged start and select "restart session".

I suspect Mr. Jusupov will fix this, of course the timing is anyone's guess.

This issue typically occurrs with track layouts utilizing extended track physics as evidenced by the "surfaces.ini" file with the following line: WAV_PITCH=extended-0

The race will start normally if you immediately escape from the bugged start and select "restart session".

I suspect Mr. Jusupov will fix this, of course the timing is anyone's guess.
Thanks for the tips, it is definitely that in my case.

Was going crazy as for why I couldn't race on Spa with Pyyer 2023 WEC extension and doing a session restart after the first launch of the race fixed the problem :)

what was too dark? Only the low tones? Because the default pure ppfilter is even brighter than the one from Pure 0.235.
I fixed the tonemapping in it. Also at Pure Discord, there is a new variant of the Pure filter in the hotfix section. It has brighter lowtones at night.

If low tones are too low, you can adjust this in the tonemapping with this slider. If you activate the curve, you see what you are doing there:
View attachment 1319489
I don't know for sure but it's like I'm wearing (dark grey) sunglasses ... Even at noon everything was just not bright enough (w pure filter), with the other one it's all good.
But then again the emitted lights on the dials was too bright in comparison (and that shifting effect of blue light on/off not to forget screwing with the readability even).
I urge you to try and compare yourself (w that Golf Tuned - and I hope you get your filter to look as good as the IV PureCS one, and we can then all just use your filter as the default/benchmark one.
After all your filter will be the very first to get updated if any new features in Pure warrants a change to the PP filter...

But I do think it needs to be fine out of the box (with the default values), and not that everyone needs to go fiddle and tweak the sliders to get it to look fine. (ps: if the values in blue are the default ones, then you have altered quite a few values it seems. So what you see is no longer what 95% of us see.)
For now I stick to the IV PureCS one... (also : not keen on using Discord esp to download a file - I hope you keep putting the files on Patreon for those of us not riding the Discord train. ;) )

Cheers and thanks for your wonderful contributions to this amazing sim!

I had this problems using the RARE verison of tracks and rules ON, when i disabled it and started using the normal tracks instead, it is now working normally and yesterday i did a race with the AI without any issues.

Test Mule
Screenshot_lamborghini_countach_25th_fb_museo_15-0-124-15-3-51.png

Untitled5.png

The final stages of the Countach Evoluzione prototype. And Horacio Pagani's startup in the automotive world.
On a more technical talk, most of the visuals have been fixed and properly baked the only visuals i have to fix is the underneath of the lower rear bumper and there are some weird artifacts on the rims.
The size of the KN5 will be reduced to around 50 000 kb - 55 000 kb
2024.01.15-15.10.png

Paint.net can reduce the resolution of the textures so ill be trying that out.

Exactly this is happening to me. Would be great if someone knew how to resolve please. Is it a CSP problem.

I don't know for sure but it's like I'm wearing (dark grey) sunglasses ... Even at noon everything was just not bright enough (w pure filter), with the other one it's all good.
But then again the emitted lights on the dials was too bright in comparison (and that shifting effect of blue light on/off not to forget screwing with the readability even).
I urge you to try and compare yourself (w that Golf Tuned - and I hope you get your filter to look as good as the IV PureCS one, and we can then all just use your filter as the default/benchmark one.
After all your filter will be the very first to get updated if any new features in Pure warrants a change to the PP filter...

But I do think it needs to be fine out of the box (with the default values), and not that everyone needs to go fiddle and tweak the sliders to get it to look fine. (ps: if the values in blue are the default ones, then you have altered quite a few values it seems. So what you see is no longer what 95% of us see.)
For now I stick to the IV PureCS one... (also : not keen on using Discord esp to download a file - I hope you keep putting the files on Patreon for those of us not riding the Discord train. ;) )

Cheers and thanks for your wonderful contributions to this amazing sim!
Could you make a screenshot with comparisons, because the pure ppfilter should be on the edge of "It's not too bright yet". So maybe there is something with the installation.

Could you make a screenshot with comparisons, because the pure ppfilter should be on the edge of "It's not too bright yet". So maybe there is something with the installation.
I don't know why but screenshots are a no-go since I don't see anything on my screen when in-game (all black) , only have image in the VR headset (quest3 , usb3 link cable) ...

I will check see later this evening if I have the same when putting on monitor.

EDIT : also on Single screen rendering the difference is visible and representative of what I see in the VR headset to some extent

pure pp filter:
1705334612795.png
1705334718259.png

with IV PureCS_2.0 filter:
1705334583424.png
1705335229700.png

Although, here with a sunset and sun directly into the eyes, it get's to be a complete different pic on screen vs VR (for the pure filter)...

1705335906238.png
1705335832367.png

(left = pure , right = IV PureCS_2.0 )

Here on screen render pure seems better, and in VR the sunlight being brighter is also more realistic , but the instrument panels and steering wheel are almost invisible, they are so dark (much darker then on the screenshot, even darker then how you see on the right screenshot... ).
When I look down (away from the sun) after a second or 2 the image gets much brighter (as if my eyes needed to adjust to the low light condition)... it simulates the eyes closing to protect due to too much light coming in, but that is best left to the actual eye's (no? i could be wrong but now the darkening happens twice, once irl and once simulated...)
With the IV PureCS filter there's also a bit that effect, but it does not darken the dash and wheel to the extent they can't be seen (and it's in VR like in the screenshot)

Last edited:
window "fix" for pug 206 cup car (whole car in the d/l section)

just a quick fix which was not quick in the end due to there being 80+ window skins i had to tweak, all i have done is made the front banner a bit sharper as it was jaggy before and made the stickers visible from the inside, i have also included the code to stop the stickers fighting which was done by shi for the peugeot 106, i just stole that code and chucked it into the existing ext_config folder.

there is newr 3d model for this car but its full of weird bugs and in all honesty it doesnt really look like much of an upgrde so i chose to fiddle with this car as i prefer it

done for me really but i wil share incase anyone is interested.

i did not make the car all i have done is the windows everything else is left as-is

pics to show you what i have done so you can make up your own mind if its something you want to download, the enitre car is available

i cannot remove the glitches on the inside banner but when driving its no where near your field of vision so it didn't bother me to much plus i never use cockpit view

Screenshot (381).png

Screenshot (383).png
Screenshot (382).png
Screenshot (384).png

Last edited:
I don't know why but screenshots are a no-go since I don't see anything on my screen when in-game (all black) , only have image in the VR headset (quest3 , usb3 link cable) ...

I will check see later this evening if I have the same when putting on monitor.

EDIT : also on Single screen rendering the difference is visible and representative of what I see in the VR headset to some extent

pure pp filter:
View attachment 1319537View attachment 1319538

with IV PureCS_2.0 filter:
View attachment 1319536View attachment 1319541

Although, here with a sunset and sun directly into the eyes, it get's to be a complete different pic on screen vs VR (for the pure filter)...

View attachment 1319544View attachment 1319543
(left = pure , right = IV PureCS_2.0 )

Here on screen render pure seems better, and in VR the sunlight being brighter is also more realistic , but the instrument panels and steering wheel are almost invisible, they are so dark (much darker then on the screenshot, even darker then how you see on the right screenshot... ).
When I look down (away from the sun) after a second or 2 the image gets much brighter (as if my eyes needed to adjust to the low light condition)... it simulates the eyes closing to protect due to too much light coming in, but that is best left to the actual eye's (no? i could be wrong but now the darkening happens twice, once irl and once simulated...)
With the IV PureCS filter there's also a bit that effect, but it does not darken the dash and wheel to the extent they can't be seen (and it's in VR like in the screenshot)
actually its the difference of ambient light V1 and V2. It seems the PureCS is still using V1, which just produces wrong ambient light. But in some situations this wrong ambient light is better for artificially making the scenery brighter.

You can switch it here:
1705344164249.png

And about the colors of the gauges:
Its again a type of taste or what you expect. If a red color is defined as red, how will it look, if it is realy bright. Should it look still red or will it become white, like in cameras.

So with the new pure ppfilter, you can change the tonemapping to "Uchimura-AgX". It will have this saturation loss of high tones.

But its like a taste. Its a question of what you want to see.

ALSO:

The ppfilters have a dynamic adaption of the dynamic ambient light, if you look into the sun. I try to achieve a little bit of realism here. If you look strait into the sun, you can't see dark things, esp the gauges.

But you can lower the iris effect in the sun blinding shader:
1705344463190.png

or in the script, you can avoid the loss of advanced ambient light when the cam faces the sun:
1705344587438.png

In the pureVR ppfilter, this loss is much less. So maybe try the pureVR filter first.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back