Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
So, how can i change the 3D Model of a Tyre + Rim?
Is it only possible with programs like Blender and 3dsmax? Or is there a way to change the whole mesh/tyre with a csp command?
Short Answer : no

Long Answer : You can technically export wheels and rims as kn5, and use the ext_config.ini to ask csp to replace those objects by the one you provided.

This isn't straighforward for 2 reasons :

1 The position of the object imported in the new cars is not perfectly aligned, unless you already imported the car in blender, and made spacial changes to the wheel you want to replace the original so that it fits. So you'll lose a lot of time tweaking the config to make sure the tyres or rim are correctly aligned.

2 Blender is still involved anyway, so may as well go the easy route

Last edited:
I can understand this up to a point. I can respect the fact that they spend days upon days, months upon months, years upon years building and creating their tracks and have a specific vision for their tracks. What I can't understand that they don't understand (especially for older tracks made before CSP was even a thing or tracks made for the base game) is that most of the time that vision is completely lost because of changes in the game engine that CSP\Sol\Pure make.

A quick example is Fat-Alfie's Battenbergring. And please don't take any of this as a knock against Fat-Alfie because I know he's not involved in any of this. I just happened to have comparison shots of this track handy so it was easy to use it as an example instead of having to make screenshots of one of the track's in question, like Goodwood. The same thing applies to that track as well.

Under the base game, the track looks incredible:
View attachment 1318793

But with CSP\Sol\Pure, the track looks hideous. The colors are all wrong, the shadowing is terrible. It looks nothing like he intended:
View attachment 1318794

But with a few tweaks, at least it can get closer to his intended look even if it's not an exact match:
View attachment 1318797

And this is where I don't get their frustration. What is wrong with the end user wanting the track to look the best it can look. And what is wrong with wanting to drive the track in the rain or at night or with any of the other available CSP features. And why do they look at someone creating a track skin or adding a CSP feature as some kind of insult to their work. If it was me, i'd take it as sort of a compliment. If someone is willing to spend months (which I have done) on a mod of a track, that must mean they really like the track.

I guess having never actually created something from scratch my perspective is skewed, but i'd like to think I would have the same opinion even if I had. I just know that with all the different variables in this game (ppfilters, personal tastes, Sol vs. Pure vs. stock weather, CSP vs. base game, etc.), they have to understand that what they see is not what everyone else sees and they should be a little more open to someone creating an alternative look that might fit someone else's eyes better. As long as that person is not profiting from it or taking credit for the track itself, I just don't understand the problem.
Lets think of it. Lets imagine. If someone, anyone, made changes to my skinpacks to adapt to another car, or integrate them in harmony into a larger group, or migrate them to another game, or simply because they want blue instead of green, and they keep the original author's name in a readme or whatever.

Yeah, please do. Go ahead.
You want to use them for a league ? Aaaw thanks dude
The races are live on Twitch ? Look mom I'm on TV!

And now what if they don't keep my name.

Tss, bloody bastards... Kids these days, no education... Good old days...
But at least they liked it and used it. It's a win. A salty win but a win.

And before you asked, yes, both situations already happened.
So no, personally I can't understand why it would be "bad" to modify/use publicly something made by other.

Is your FFB also extremely syrong with this car?
I have only tried the CSP version so far and with my Simucube DD wheel I had to reduce the power from the 15Nm I always use to 11Nm. And even then i feel quite massive jolts over kerbs, so yes I also think FFB is very strong.

hi guys, something strange here :
have this Kart mod by REG Simulations (very good imho btw), and when I create previews, the custom suits from my skin.ini in the skin folders are not taken into account for the final render (they are shown in the preview oddly enough!):

1705185923847.png

Also in-game the suits are not taken from the skin.ini

EDIT : found it! apparently case-sensitivity issue: I put [driver_no_hans] instead of [driver_no_HANS]
and the final preview and game also takes the changes suit and helmet!

Last edited:
I have found that when cars are not moving forward it's not the track that is the issue, but the modded cars themselves. Keep in mind what cars are not moving and if they are the same cars in every track.

If it is indeed the car, 99.5% of the time this is what the issue is for me

View attachment 1318706
I have had success by unticking the use extended physics box within content manager, hope this helps.

anyone got working/improved ai for the Teamsport Preston Kart Track ? (You can find a copy on Breathe's amazing track list.)

btw I removed the godawful pita meat things wrapped around every pole, by adding this in the tracks ext_config.ini file:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = Platform_columns_SUB1
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

ps : it is a blast to drive with my electric rental mod...

if only the AI would drive a bit more competitive, it would be very good experience of offline virtual indoor karting.

1705189936835.png

(

Last edited:
Hi all

I've been working on a better version of Circuit Zandvoort. Initially I intended to update the 2020 or ACTK version, but I ended up doing complete new version based on that same track. In previous versions the elevations were off, and this being my local track it frustrated me tremendously. With this version of Zandvoort I hope to be much closer to reality. This is a day-to-day version of the track, meaning none of the Formula 1 assets are present.

Besides these changes I've also made various other improvements, adding a groove and other details. This however is as far as my skillset can take it. I'm sure there are many more improvements that can be made, and I invite anyone who'd like to to do so. I can think of working digital flagboards, DRS zones/F1 assets (Ill share this file with Pyyer), nicer water, 3d trees/foliage and probably more.

You can download the track here.

Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_2018_road_zandvoort2023_14-0-124-1-23-6.jpg

Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_2018_road_zandvoort2023_14-0-124-1-20-8.jpg

Screenshot_funcup_stage_3_zandvoort2023_12-0-124-21-16-30.jpg

Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_2018_road_zandvoort2023_14-0-124-1-21-1.jpg

Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_2018_road_zandvoort2023_14-0-124-1-22-42.jpg

Screenshot_funcup_stage_3_zandvoort2023_12-0-124-21-5-0.jpg

To achieve the looks shown in these screenshots I use of CSP and Grass FX as well as SOL/Pure is needed :)

I've also just uploaded the file on GT Planet itself, so you can download it right here!

Last edited:
Hi all

I've been working on a better version of Circuit Zandvoort. Initially I intended to update the 2020 or ACTK version, but I ended up doing complete new version based on that same track. In previous versions the elevations were off, and this being my local track it frustrated me tremendously. With this version of Zandvoort I hope to be much closer to reality. This is a day-to-day version of the track, meaning none of the Formula 1 assets are present.

Besides these changes I've also made various other improvements, adding a groove and other details. This however is as far as my skillset can take it. I'm sure there are many more improvements that can be made, and I invite anyone who'd like to to do so. I can think of working digital flagboards, DRS zones/F1 assets (Ill share this file with Pyyer), nicer water, 3d trees/foliage and probably more.

You can download the track here.

View attachment 1319086
View attachment 1319087
View attachment 1319088
View attachment 1319089
View attachment 1319090
View attachment 1319091

To achieve the looks shown in these screenshots I use of CSP and Grass FX as well as SOL/Pure is needed :)

I've also just uploaded the file on GT Planet itself, so you can download it right here!
Just curious, did you use the zandvoort2020 track as a base for this version and did you change any of the material names, especially for the grass areas? If it's based off the zandvoort2020 track, a lot of the changes I made for zandvoort2020 a few months back might convert over seamlessly. Things like the animated flags, extras crowds and grandstands, etc. would fit right into place as long as nothing has been moved.

Just curious, did you use the zandvoort2020 track as a base for this version and did you change any of the material names, especially for the grass areas? If it's based off the zandvoort2020 track, a lot of the changes I made for zandvoort2020 a few months back might convert over seamlessly. Things like the animated flags, extras crowds and grandstands, etc. would fit right into place as long as nothing has been moved.
I didn't see your updates before, sorry! I've been out if the AC modding community for a bit due to personal life. I had started work on this at the beginning of '23, just didn't have time to finish it until now.

It's based on the same track, so placement of assets will probably crossover pretty seamless (except for places where elevation of the terrain is changed, especially T5 through T7). Materials, namings etc however are pretty much all different. I found it easier/better to start over instead of taking the 2020 track (or ACTK one) as a base because I wanted to do a better job at finding the right look and feel this time around and I made a lot of mistakes in the original 2020 one

I didn't see your updates before, sorry! I've been out if the AC modding community for a bit due to personal life. I had started work on this at the beginning of '23, just didn't have time to finish it until now.

It's based on the same track, so placement of assets will probably crossover pretty seamless (except for places where elevation of the terrain is changed, especially T5 through T7). Materials, namings etc however are pretty much all different. I found it easier/better to start over instead of taking the 2020 track (or ACTK one) as a base because I wanted to do a better job at finding the right look and feel this time around and I made a lot of mistakes in the original 2020 one
Yep, the flags drop right into place. A couple of the other things need raised or lowered because of the elevation changes you made. If you want a copy of anything once I make the adjustments, let me know. I'm also going to see if my grass texture changes work because I prefer a more green grass look.

2023.jpg

And as for my updates, they were nothing like you did. I just made some texture and shader adjustments. No elevation changes. If you made the track more accurate, I would much prefer to use your version, especially if I can fit my changes into your version.

Last edited:
Yep, the flags drop right into place. A couple of the other things I did need raised or lowered because of the elevation changes you made. If you want a copy of anything once I make the adjustments, let me know. I'm also going to see if my grass texture changes work because I prefer a more green grass look.

View attachment 1319100

And as for my updates, they were nothing like you did. I just made some texture and shader adjustments. No elevation changes. If you made the track more accurate, I would much prefer to use your version, especially if I can fit my changes into your version.
Looks good! Perhaps you can put your changes in a .kn5/extension and release it as an addon/event version to my track? Because I do agree my current version is a bit lifeless :lol:

Looks good! Perhaps you can put your changes in a .kn5/extension and release it as an addon/event version to my track? Because I do agree my current version is a bit lifeless :lol:
I can do that. That's what I did with Zandy2020. I made changes to the base layout and then added a raceday layout with extra flags, crowds, etc.

Cool, my grass textures transfer easy enough as well. Just need to work on the brightness. It's a little dark. I should be able to make this look just like my 2020 version with a little object placement adjustments for your altered terrain. Would it be ok to include these grass changes as an optional track skin when I finish with the other stuff?

grass.jpg

grass2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi !

You meant "strong" ?
Not at all, the FFB stills in the actual standard, nothing’s wrong here.

Cheers.
Yes I mean strong. 😉
Which wheelbase do you use? On my Simucube 2 Pro it’s extremely heavy.

My FFB Gain in-game by default is set to 40% and then I adjust it per car between approx. 75% - 100%

But with this car it is always too heavy.

I have only tried the CSP version so far and with my Simucube DD wheel I had to reduce the power from the 15Nm I always use to 11Nm. And even then i feel quite massive jolts over kerbs, so yes I also think FFB is very strong.
Can you share your FFB settings both in-game (content manager) and your wheelbase? 🙂

Bugatti EB110ss(v1.0)

It is required CSP 1.76 or above Version. But It is tested in CSP 2.1 Preview2
20240114-153008-vulk_rick_roll_bridge-bugatti_eb110_ss_92.jpg
20240114-153116-vulk_rick_roll_bridge-bugatti_eb110_ss_92.jpg
20240114-153053-vulk_rick_roll_bridge-bugatti_eb110_ss_92.jpg
20240114-153224-vulk_rick_roll_bridge-bugatti_eb110_ss_92.jpg

1. 3d Model
    1) Based on Forza Horizon 5 by Turn 10 Studio.
    2) Some Parts are from CSR2
    3) Converted and Edited by F40 LM Lover, special thanks to GADU who made Skined mesh for me
  1. Sound
    1) Kunos Ferrari 599xx EVO : Who can make proper sound for us?
  1. Features
    1) Exterior Animations
    -. Left Door : Extra A
    -. Right Door : Extra B
    -. Motor Hood : Extra C
    -. Frront Hood : Extra D
    -. Fog Lights : Extra F
2) Diver and Interior Animations
-. GAS, Brake, Clutch Pedal
-. Turn Signal Lever
-. Lighting Signal Lever
-. Fog Light
-. Hand brake & Horn
  1. Physics : VRDriving
  1. Super Special Thanks to GADU who make Skined Mesh for Manual Shift Animation!
  1. Download link is in the description of Video.

Yes I mean strong. 😉
Which wheelbase do you use? On my Simucube 2 Pro it’s extremely heavy.

My FFB Gain in-game by default is set to 40% and then I adjust it per car between approx. 75% - 100%

But with this car it is always too heavy.
Hi !

Sorry for my late answer.

So, I am using the non CSP version of the VRC car with a Thrustmaster TS-PC RACER wheel set to 65% for the main strength (picture).

oo3t5p.jpg

The FFB setting of the car is let by default to 80%.

Cheers.

<snip> Just need to work on the brightness. It's a little dark. <snip>
Hi Joe ,

I noticed when I switched to the pure PP filter when I installed the newest Pure yesterday, that even after a total reset to default via the Pure config app, everything was too dark...

I use the Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter and must say I like the results alot better then with Peter's latest own pure pp filter...
Not only are the images lighter and more accurate for the time of day, but also I notice that emitted light from brake lights and dash instruments etc are more realistic and immersive.

A very good example to showcase the reason esp in VR I preffer this PP filter over to the native pure filter by Peter Boese :
take the Volkswagen Golf Mk2 Tuned "Unknown v1.1" (found on ACTK garage),
when you turn on the headlights the dials and digits of the speedometer emit a blue light.
With the default pure filter , they become almost unreadable and they "sink" (I don't know how else to call it, they move down a bit in the Z axis if you know what I mean. flicking on/off the lights , you will see what I mean - potentially only in VR!)

With the aforementioned IV PureCS filter this effect is not at all there, and the lights on the instruments are beautiful and realistic.

As you correctly mentioned, using different PP filters, gives other results, so maybe before changing actual textures , we should all agree what PP filter to use a base of refference ?? (and my vote goes to this IV PureCS filter) :lol:

I urge you to try it
(esp before making tracks darker, it's good to select the best possible PP filter first ;)
maybe there's better ones but this one is the best one I came across , and it seems to get updated frequently along w Pure updates) - I'm at v2.0 and now already it's at 2.14 (which I will install now - hope it didn't get worse)
:cheers:

Hi !

Sorry for my late answer.

So, I am using the non CSP version of the VRC car with a Thrustmaster TS-PC RACER wheel set to 65% for the main strength (picture).

oo3t5p.jpg

The FFB setting of the car is let by default to 80%.

Cheers.
That not really comparable with a Simucube 2 Pro. ;)
And I was talking about the CSP version.

Hi Joe ,

I noticed when I switched to the pure PP filter when I installed the newest Pure yesterday, that even after a total reset to default via the Pure config app, everything was too dark...

I use the Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter and must say I like the results alot better then with Peter's latest own pure pp filter...
Not only are the images lighter and more accurate for the time of day, but also I notice that emitted light from brake lights and dash instruments etc are more realistic and immersive.

A very good example to showcase the reason esp in VR I preffer this PP filter over to the native pure filter by Peter Boese :
when you turn on the headlights the dials and digits of the speedometer emit a blue light.
With the default pure filter , they become almost unreadable and they "sink" (I don't know how else to call it, they move down a bit in the Z axis if you know what I mean. flicking on/off the lights , you will see what I mean - potentially only in VR!)

With the aforementioned IV PureCS filter this effect is not at all there, and the lights on the instruments are beautiful and realistic.

As you correctly mentioned, using different PP filters, gives other results, so maybe before changing actual textures , we should all agree what PP filter to use a base of refference ?? (and my vote goes to this IV PureCS filter) :lol:

I urge you to try it
(esp before making tracks darker, it's good to select the best possible PP filter first ;)
maybe there's better ones but this one is the best one I came across , and it seems to get updated frequently along w Pure updates) - I'm at v2.0 and now already it's at 2.14 (which I will install now - hope it didn't get worse)
I'm not going to change his default grass textures. This is his track and the grass will stay the way he wants it. I'm only going to offer a track skin with greener grass if he allows.

But I do agree about the need for some standard. The two pictures I posted were with my personal ppfilter, which as you can see renders the default grass way too bright. This is what make doing mods so difficult and why I always make a shader stuff section in my ext_configs so people can adjust things to fit their needs. Which by the way goes to the heart of my reply yesterday to the whole fiasco about some tracks being pulled from RD and some modders being upset when people change their tracks. A modder needs to realize that not everyone sees the same thing and needs to be open to that fact and not so sensitive to someone changing something.

And I would love to try the latest Pure version, but it requires a newer CSP version and there are way too many bugs in recent CSP versions for me to use it. So for now i'm still using an older version of Pure.

Hi Joe ,

I urge you to try it
I use the same IVcs filter (tweaked) w/PURE as the default for all my tracks since the last year or so

Does anyone happen to know how to create flame scripts? When I load the parameters in the ext_config the car does not emit any flame from the exhaust, regardless of the values I set.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back