Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Can somebody tell me what content manager is trying to tell me (sorry if it is a terrible picture)
Untitled.png

Last edited:
So after recent CM updated I started getting random BSOD and now its more frequent.
AC is almost unplayable at this point!

Just want to check if anyone else started having issues after the last CM update?

So after recent CM updated I started getting random BSOD and now its more frequent.
AC is almost unplayable at this point!

Just want to check if anyone else started having issues after the last CM update?
I reverted back to an older version of CM the BSOD issues was still there.

Solution in my case was to reinstall the Nvidia drivers with clean install option which has a nasty habit of corrupting itself or something else after you experience a few crashes in game.

Wasted 2 whole days on this. Anyway back to racing...

Last edited:
Hey guys.

If you're like me and downloaded F302's new Sagaris race car mod, you may have found it strange the car was balanced to the GT4 cars in the game. Given the year and kind of car the Sagaris is, it seems to me that it would be more fitting racing against the early 2000s GT2/N-GT cars like the Ferrari 360 GTC and Porsche 996 GT3 RSR.

So to that end I made an alternate data file for those of you who would wish to race this car against early 2000s GT machines rather than more modern GT4 cars which this model predates. It's a fictional car of course and there's no correct way to use it, but I found this to be more exciting than the slower spec.

This new data file, simply install it in the F302 Sagaris' folder and delete or backup the old data file before adding this one.

This data file...

Increases power 18%: 407bhp --> 480bhp

Decreases weight: 1350+ kg --> 1200kg

This data file does not alter any of the car's other physics parameters, only the power curve and weight.

Lap times at the Red Bull Ring in the AI were on par with RSS Ferrari 360 and Porsche 996 laptimes.

These changes should bring the car more in line with GT2/N-GT regulations, allowing for much closer racing.
Of course, thanks to F302 for making this new car, and I hope everyone is enjoying it either racing against GT4s or early 2000s GT2 cars.

Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_ks_red_bull_ring_13-1-124-0-27-50.png

Attachments

• data.zip
    39.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I reverted back to an older version of CM the BSOD issues was still there.

Solution in my case was to reinstall the Nvidia drivers with clean install option which has a nasty habit of corrupting itself or something else after you experience a few crashes in game.

Wasted 2 whole days on this. Anyway back to racing...
I recommend an application that I have been using for years, Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.7.2 is the best way to have a really clean installation. You can find it at Guru3D or on its official wagnardsoft website.

794278-jpg.1261778

F1 2010 V2 mod released by Cimmerian_Iter
Changelog :
  • Physics : No more Easy to drive, stuck on rails F1 cars, now it will be a little more challenging to achieve pole position. Thanks to LONG for making every cars physics ! Do not rely on the default setup, you will have to tweak it so that the cars behave the way you want !
  • Tyres : I heard you, no more F1 2010 tyres for every cars, now they all have the codemaster version tyres that y'all liked
  • Redbull Spec2 : default redbull has original spec, and spec 2 for LG skin (mirrors on the cockpit)
  • Shaders fix : Fixed the colors of some cars, fixed other graphical isssues
Please delete every cim_2010 cars before installing this one

Download here
Permission to alter the cockpit ?

Your mod :
__custom_showroom_1707810286.jpg

my ****** ass conversion :

__custom_showroom_1707810261.jpg

for private use ofc.

X90
The new Content Manager update has slowed my app to a crawl.

Not only that, but the LFM integration and the new Chromium browser seems to constantly crash the app when navigating in and out.

Still no fix for the geolocator, either.

Is this happening for anyone else?

EDIT: Can confirm major memory leak - CM on its own using ~1.6 GB of RAM after being open and surfing around content for ~20 minutes. I'm downgrading if I can.
it also seem to close itself randomly. i think it's related to the built-in webbrowser. If I'm installing anything while it happens i actually get the "something is being installed" warning and i can click no. If not it just closes randomly. Anyone else?

Hey guys.

If you're like me and downloaded F302's new Sagaris race car mod, you may have found it strange the car was balanced to the GT4 cars in the game. Given the year and kind of car the Sagaris is, it seems to me that it would be more fitting racing against the early 2000s GT2/N-GT cars like the Ferrari 360 GTC and Porsche 996 GT3 RSR.

So to that end I made an alternate data file for those of you who would wish to race this car against early 2000s GT machines rather than more modern GT4 cars which this model predates. It's a fictional car of course and there's no correct way to use it, but I found this to be more exciting than the slower spec.

This new data file, simply install it in the F302 Sagaris' folder and delete or backup the old data file before adding this one.

This data file...

Increases power 18%: 407bhp --> 480bhp

Decreases weight: 1350+ kg --> 1200kg

This data file does not alter any of the car's other physics parameters, only the power curve and weight.

Lap times at the Red Bull Ring in the AI were on par with RSS Ferrari 360 and Porsche 996 laptimes.

These changes should bring the car more in line with GT2/N-GT regulations, allowing for much closer racing.
Of course, thanks to F302 for making this new car, and I hope everyone is enjoying it either racing against GT4s or early 2000s GT2 cars.

View attachment 1327791
I'm glad that the majority is supporting this mod, I went ahead and created a sloppy job of the Saragis GT3 livery from TrackPower Motorsports. However I don't have the motive to continue with the livery placing the sponsors on to the car. Maybe someone else can do it? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/saragris-gt3-trackpower-motorsports-graphics-only.6785/

f302_tvr_sagaris_gt_ks_nurburgring_extras_01_37_26.jpg
TVR_Sagaris_2007_Britcar_24h.jpg

Besides, I have something else in the works (also F302s car)
f302_corvette_c6r_2006_bst_csr_garage_11_00_06.jpg

I recommend an application that I have been using for years, Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.7.2 is the best way to have a really clean installation. You can find it at Guru3D or on its official wagnardsoft website.
Great advice, I have used this in the past for several years. Its highly recommend with AMD cards.

Recently though AMD and Nvidia clean install option seems to have improved significantly from the past versions.

I use DDU has a last resort nowdays. It helped resolve many issue when I was running AMD GPUs in the past.

A user on the CSP discord posted what finally seems to be a solution to the problem of missed sequential shifts in Assetto Corsa when having h-pattern, paddles and sequential shifter all mapped to the same control profile.
Basically, map the paddle shifters in the CM/Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/BUTTONS tab (along with the h-pattern mapping) and keep 'combine with keyboard' UNTICKED.

Screenshot (85).png

Then map your sequential shifter in the SECOND column of the CM/Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/PATCH tab.

Screenshot (84).png

This means you should now only need one controller profile with h-pattern, paddles and sequential all working as intended, and no need to swap profiles when changing between a paddleshift car and one with a sequential shifter.

Coming along nicely!
One small detail, gauges shouldn't usually have normal maps, they're typically screen printed onto a flat substrate, not embossed.
This NM should just be a flat blue with no extraneous detail.

View attachment 1327728
I see, I didn't know until now that the gauge doesn't need a normal map. so thank you for politely telling me the reason.
I have also received complaints about the front hood being transparent from the cockpit perspective, so I will be working on fixing it in parallel with the production of the next MOD.

My all time favourite fom Need for Speed II omg you are a legend for creating this unique car, thank you so much!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release
---------
Fiat Uno for Bathurst 1986 from

Aussie Big Banger and ATCC 1960 To 1985 Assetto Corsa FB Group (ABB)​

"i follow these awesome guys for a long time and they have such great cars"

"Big Release Night
Fiat Uno for Bathurst 1986
Bruce has done a amazing job to bring the Little Fiat Uno Turbo to our Game.
Here are just some of the things he has modified to make this little Italian car
Full list of alterations :- removed right side mirror, move bonnet locking pins, fixed dozens of strange lines and AO glitches, caused my multiple mesh errors, replaced grille, front bumper and spoiler to correct model, replaced all lights, front and rear, including reversing lights, added side indicators lights, added working wipers, front and REAR, added roof aerial, fixed multiple texture/paint glitches, added front right window, and fixed transparency on all windows, removed bolts attached to rear side windows, moved original fuel cap from left to rights side, added new racing type fuel filler, made correct set of wheels from scratch, changed tyres from goodyear to the correct Dunlops, Also added tow hooks, etc, etc. Changed the RPM limit and gear-up RPM setting, so it now changes gears properly from 2nd to 3rd. automatically, when using keyboard.
it's also got indicator lights and hazard lights - "shift/T", "shift/Y" and "shift/H" respectively. You'll probably need to assign those keys in CM.
Big Thank you again to Bruce from all the Team.
Fiat Uno Group A (New Release 12/02/24)"

View attachment 1327692View attachment 1327693
View attachment 1327694

Edit: Forgot to set link, so sorry!

I'm very happy that you like it. And I'm also happy that you understand NF2!!
And finally, it was the long-awaited turn of the car. I will use my knowledge and experience to bring this legendary car back to life with AC!! Please look forward to it!!
スクリーンショット (2121).png
スクリーンショット (2125).png
スクリーンショット (2124).png
スクリーンショット (2122).png

Jaguar E-Type Lightweight V8 tuning

A few days ago, instagram threw a tuned Jaguar E-type Lightweight random post.
I have 5-6 E-type Lightweight mods from different places, I thought I'd give it a try and put together something similar.
I deleted the wheels, exhaust, added the correct one, resized, edited the physics as much as I could, added a sound mod, made a skin, I like it when the body gets dirty, made that too, fixed the body textures and the ambient shadows size, edited the camera positions, suspensions... now I remember these .
Well, the end result is not 100%, but it is worth taking a tour - I recommend Hernad Valley, I think the enjoyment is guaranteed. Cheers!

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/features/egal-e-type-thunder-cat

preview.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g7w23wzy4l05pfu/jaguar_e_type_lightweight_v8_v1_00.zip/file

Last edited:
Is there a an easy way to add some shiny to this (or any other) paintjob? It's as matte as matte can be... (as are all the skins I've seen for this car (RSS))

Lexus-RCF.jpg

Last edited:
A user on the CSP discord posted what finally seems to be a solution to the problem of missed sequential shifts in Assetto Corsa when having h-pattern, paddles and sequential shifter all mapped to the same control profile.
Basically, map the paddle shifters in the CM/Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/BUTTONS tab (along with the h-pattern mapping) and keep 'combine with keyboard' UNTICKED.

Screenshot (85).png

Then map your sequential shifter in the SECOND column of the CM/Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/PATCH tab.

Screenshot (84).png

This means you should now only need one controller profile with h-pattern, paddles and sequential all working as intended, and no need to swap profiles when changing between a paddleshift car and one with a sequential shifter.
The latest Fanatec driver even has a built in option to map the sequential shifter to the paddle inputs. Ticking that saved me a lot of controller config hassle.

If this was the issue, not sure if I got it right.

And when all controller hope is lost, Joystick Gremlin will solve everything. (But only after you have done a week long seminar on how to use it properly. Plus, it's massively unstable.)

You just have to inverse the steer angle in car.ini.
thanks for the reply. I cannot see any "steer angle" option in car.ini i have this:

[HEADER]
VERSION=extended-2 ; version number assi X Z Y

[INFO]
SCREEN_NAME=ATCC Fiat Uno GrpA ;Chrisrx edited homologation papers #5278

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.50,-0.26 ; 3 axis correction (x,y,z), applies only to the 3D object of the car. in meters
GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=-1.4 ; changes 3D object rotation in pitch
TOTALMASS=790 ;700 kerb weight + 90kg driver
INERTIA=1.54,1.43,3.64 ; car polar inertia. Calculated from the car dimensions. Just enter the generic width,height,

[GRAPHICS]
DRIVEREYES=0.330625,1.07894,-0.188641
ONBOARD_EXPOSURE=23
OUTBOARD_EXPOSURE=30
ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=-5.085526
BUMPER_CAMERA_POS=0.0,0.60,1.1
BONNET_CAMERA_POS=0.0,0.60,0.5
MIRROR_POSITION=0.0,1.3,0.5 ; Position used to render the mirror
VIRTUAL_MIRROR_ENABLED=0
USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=0
SHAKE_MUL=3
FUEL_LIGHT_MIN_LITERS=7
BONNET_CAMERA_PITCH=0.000000

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=2.600
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=300 ; più è basso il numero e meno il volante gira velocemente
STEER_RATIO=-12.0 ; più è alto il numero e meno le ruote girano Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00215 ; Because of AC complex suspension geometry, you need to calculate manually the steer rod ratio
; Enter AC in dev app mode enabled
; Open SUSPENSIONS app
; turn your steering wheel by 90 degrees
; check the actual steer ratio value
; modify LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO value until ingame steer ratio and car.ini STEER_RATIO values are similar

[FUEL]
CONSUMPTION=0.00145 ; fuel consumption. In one second the consumption is (rpm*gas*CONSUMPTION)/1000 litres
FUEL=12 ; default starting fuel in litres
MAX_FUEL=50 ; max fuel in litres

[FUELTANK]
POSITION=0,-0.25,-1.6

[RIDE]
PICKUP_FRONT_HEIGHT=-0.281 ; Height of the front ride height pickup point in meters WRT cg
PICKUP_REAR_HEIGHT=-0.303

[PIT_STOP]
TYRE_CHANGE_TIME_SEC=10 ; time spent to change each tyre
FUEL_LITER_TIME_SEC=0.1 ; time spent to put 1 lt of fuel inside the car
BODY_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=2 ; time spent to repair 10% of body damage
ENGINE_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=2 ; time spent to repair 10% of engine damage
SUSP_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=2 ; time spent to repair 10% of suspension damage

Is there a an easy way to add some shiny to this (or any other) paintjob? It's as matte as matte can be... (as are all the skins I've seen for this car (RSS))

View attachment 1327854
I have had some success mucking about with CarPaint shader in ext_config for cars..

Before..
Screenshot_rolls_royce_dawn_skidpad05_13-1-124-14-57-11.jpg

After..
Screenshot_rolls_royce_dawn_skidpad05_13-1-124-14-59-43.jpg

Bit hard to see in pictures, but can add a bit of depth / reflectiveness.

Unfortunately I can't find where it is documented if it is, so not sure how to use.
This is pinched from another car config:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;PBR and other Materials;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; New car paint
[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial = (find the materials in CM showroom)
CarPaintVersionAware = 2

[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
Materials = (find the materials in CM showroom, same as above)
LocalReflectionsForce = 1
FresnelMax = 1
FresnelC = 0.1
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.9 ; compensates for ambient specular
ColoredSpecular = 0.9
AmbientSpecular = 0.6
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.06

;;;;;;

I know you can do [Material_Car_Paint_Solid] as well, but not sure what else! Try messing with the numbers - Hopefully someone else knows more!

MrLonguinha17,

Thank you for sharing these mods and videos, extremely impressive work! I am new to GTPLanet, and have been trying to recreate a series of Le Mans grids from the 1950-1980s for offline racing - I find the rapid improvement of the cars and technology during those years fascinating. I am teaching myself how to do skins, although I am limited to changing numbers at the moment. I have been able to adapt a few cars for my purposes using the AC Engine Tuner with decent BOP results. The early 1960s seems to work very well with multiclass grids - the speed difference is not as large as the later years, and the AI seems to cope much better. When you state that use parts from different cars for some of your work, are you combining parts of skins, or do you work with the underlying mesh? Many of the cars you have posted videos of are ones I am trying to find or recreate. Are you planning to release a carset/skin set at some point?

Thank you for your time! I have been race simming since the GP2/Grand Prix Legends days, and the historic racing is a very strong interest for me. Much appreciated!

C Fox/Otho
MrLonguinha17,

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your extensive mod files. They have given me a great deal of inspiration, and I have been making some basic strides in learning to skin via GIMP and am starting to learn how to mod using Blender. I was able to do some simple GT40 skins and wheel swaps, and am exploring how to modify the 3D models themselves. I have always been fascinated by the early Ford GT40 prototypes of 1964 and 1965, so I have started there, starting from the recent WSC60 GT40s as a basis. I do not have permissions to publish, etc., so my efforts are solely for personal learning use, and I have no wish to transgress on the WSC Team's work. That said, it is amazing to see what can be accomplished. The 1964 and 1965 GT40s are quite unique, and I hope someday to learn how to model them properly.

Many thanks,

C Fox/Otho

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-13 101303.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-13 101303.png
    86 KB · Views: 14
thanks for the reply. I cannot see any "steer angle" option in car.ini i have this:

[HEADER]
VERSION=extended-2 ; version number assi X Z Y

[INFO]
SCREEN_NAME=ATCC Fiat Uno GrpA ;Chrisrx edited homologation papers #5278

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.50,-0.26 ; 3 axis correction (x,y,z), applies only to the 3D object of the car. in meters
GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=-1.4 ; changes 3D object rotation in pitch
TOTALMASS=790 ;700 kerb weight + 90kg driver
INERTIA=1.54,1.43,3.64 ; car polar inertia. Calculated from the car dimensions. Just enter the generic width,height,

[GRAPHICS]
DRIVEREYES=0.330625,1.07894,-0.188641
ONBOARD_EXPOSURE=23
OUTBOARD_EXPOSURE=30
ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=-5.085526
BUMPER_CAMERA_POS=0.0,0.60,1.1
BONNET_CAMERA_POS=0.0,0.60,0.5
MIRROR_POSITION=0.0,1.3,0.5 ; Position used to render the mirror
VIRTUAL_MIRROR_ENABLED=0
USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=0
SHAKE_MUL=3
FUEL_LIGHT_MIN_LITERS=7
BONNET_CAMERA_PITCH=0.000000

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=2.600
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=300 ; più è basso il numero e meno il volante gira velocemente
STEER_RATIO=-12.0 ; più è alto il numero e meno le ruote girano Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00215 ; Because of AC complex suspension geometry, you need to calculate manually the steer rod ratio
; Enter AC in dev app mode enabled
; Open SUSPENSIONS app
; turn your steering wheel by 90 degrees
; check the actual steer ratio value
; modify LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO value until ingame steer ratio and car.ini STEER_RATIO values are similar

[FUEL]
CONSUMPTION=0.00145 ; fuel consumption. In one second the consumption is (rpm*gas*CONSUMPTION)/1000 litres
FUEL=12 ; default starting fuel in litres
MAX_FUEL=50 ; max fuel in litres

[FUELTANK]
POSITION=0,-0.25,-1.6

[RIDE]
PICKUP_FRONT_HEIGHT=-0.281 ; Height of the front ride height pickup point in meters WRT cg
PICKUP_REAR_HEIGHT=-0.303

[PIT_STOP]
TYRE_CHANGE_TIME_SEC=10 ; time spent to change each tyre
FUEL_LITER_TIME_SEC=0.1 ; time spent to put 1 lt of fuel inside the car
BODY_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=2 ; time spent to repair 10% of body damage
ENGINE_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=2 ; time spent to repair 10% of engine damage
SUSP_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=2 ; time spent to repair 10% of suspension damage
I think I meant steer ratio.. 🤣

I'll fix the entire exhaust line and if he agrees I'll share the modification :cheers:
I don't suppose the gator from the deleted gearstick and the weird piece on the window could also be looked at..?
The gator really needs removing and the space it leaves blanked over or capped, or something.
:)

Screenshot_f302_tvr_sagaris_gt_gt_sainte_croix_13-2-124-17-21-29.jpg Screenshot_f302_tvr_sagaris_gt_gt_sainte_croix_13-2-124-17-21-51.jpg

@JK1977 thanks again for this car, it's very satisfying to drive and great fun in spec races.
The Sagaris has one of the best backsides this side of Jessica Biel.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back