Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,048 comments
When i read those things i am happy again i am a non-CM user :D
9645835f31b9aacaeb45044559c69a07.gif

Its a very very rare instance that my AC crashes...
The same on my side, but I have to say that I'm very conservative with CM and above all, CSP... Usually I only update to proven versions, I don´t like to experiment, despite not being able to enjoy the latest improvements, for fear of ruining something and not knowing how to return to the point where everything worked more or less well...

Yes, I'm a cautious chicken...

Wondering if someone would like to do me a favor. I've been fooling around with making my own ai line for Nordschleife. I have something that seems to work really well, but i'm a terrible driver so I don't know if it's fast enough. Hoping someone could try it out...

Errr... yes, I'm a cautious chicken again. I can't help in this case either. 😆

Last edited:
Has anyone had a problem with CSP New AI Behaviour crashing ? Every time I try and race with it on a couple of seconds after the AI leave the pits it will crash with ai spline might be missing or broken error.
I've tried it on two mod tracks and one Kunos track. Same problem. A bit stumped really and haven't really found a solution googling.

Has anyone had a problem with CSP New AI Behaviour crashing ? Every time I try and race with it on a couple of seconds after the AI leave the pits it will crash with ai spline might be missing or broken error.
I've tried it on two mod tracks and one Kunos track. Same problem. A bit stumped really and haven't really found a solution googling.
Are you racing in rain conditions?

Try this in new AI behavior

Clipboard_02-27-2024_01.png

I started with rain and then went to dry and still had the same problem. I just let the AI drive around in practice for 5 minutes with those options deselected and it didn't crash. Strange. I'm going to set my wheel up again and see if it works. Also, I don't have a "Cache generated grids" options. Just the payloads one.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of creating early F1 turbo era seasons and I want to make them as authentic as possible. That means a lot of retirements. This is a take from my 1982 season. Only SimDream cars are available. They were useless in their default form. Way too slow on races. I removed all their other tires except for QF supersoft and they became very competitive.

I play with Williams 1982 Cosworth / K.Rosberg who won the championship that year with heroic drives- and with consistency and reliability against much faster turbo cars. I made my car turbo-less from data (or gave it much smaller boost) but increased the turbo damage value so it doesn't break.

Renault, Ferrari and Brabham had 1.5 turbos with huge power but they were very unreliable.

Renault/Prost had 8 retirements in 1982
Renault/ Arnoux had 10
Brabham/Patrese had 10
Piquet 11 DNF's / DNQ's
Pironi's and Villeneuve's season we all know how sadly it ended for both
Toleman's Fabi didn't finish even one race that season.

These seasons are not realistic at all if Cosworths have the same power and the turbos won't break. Guess what... now they DO break. But not in every race. This is Imola with a long top speed straight. Half of the cars retired.

My starting grid was 11th and ended up 3rd.

All retirements are ai engine failures.

t6UnKoq.jpg

Now the turbos last well on tracks like Long Beach, Monaco and even Dijon and Caesars Palace. But break on fast tracks like Hockenheim, Kyalami, Monza, Imola, Paul Ricard. Prost/Piquet at ai level 100 and Ferraris at 95'ish are superior on those tracks with the turbo engines. If you want to keep them behind you with the Cosworth, you can't have them close on your tail on the straights. You can fight for the championship with podium / points finishes and still have a chance to win on the street circuits (like Rosberg did with the inferior car).

I've been adjusting the 1982, 1983 and 1984 years for a long time. Looks pretty good.

PS: Look at Renault Turbo Prost's best lap time and compare it my Cosworth best lap time. That was pretty much the genuine difference on Monza, Imola and Hockenheim 1982.

Last edited:
I have a problem with Reboot Team´s Daytona tri oval v1.3. Race line is wrong at the start-finish line, AI swerves to the left at that point. I tried to remake the race line and the left side line, but AI keeps doing the same. For the record I´m using the AssettoNASCAR cars.

I have a problem with Reboot Team´s Daytona tri oval v1.3. Race line is wrong at the start-finish line, AI swerves to the left at that point. I tried to remake the race line and the left side line, but AI keeps doing the same. For the record I´m using the AssettoNASCAR cars.
sounds like sidelines need to be made

Last edited:
Interesting. I turned the options off in the new ai behaviour for "rain awareness" and "extra options for ai splines" and slowly added them back one by one and now it works with all of them on :confused:

Going to give it some more testing.

Hello everyone, I have already made a similar post.. Would anyone of good will know and could improve this Castrol Supra GT7 conversion? We need to create a Skin, Lod and fix the lights a bit. The base is good. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1703354227808.png
    1703354227808.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 7
Sometimes I wish someone with good enough track modding skills would remake Lienz.
And yes I'm aware of Mike08's version but it's missing, like, 90% of the other layouts the original had. And since it's encrypted... Bummer.

I'm in the process of creating early F1 turbo era seasons and I want to make them as authentic as possible. That means a lot of retirements. This is a take from my 1982 season. Only SimDream cars are available. They were useless in their default form. Way too slow on races. I removed all their other tires except for QF supersoft and they became very competitive.

I play with Williams 1982 Cosworth / K.Rosberg who won the championship that year with heroic drives- and with consistency and reliability against much faster turbo cars. I made my car turbo-less from data (or gave it much smaller boost) but increased the turbo damage value so it doesn't break.

Renault, Ferrari and Brabham had 1.5 turbos with huge power but they were very unreliable.

Renault/Prost had 8 retirements in 1982
Renault/ Arnoux had 10
Brabham/Patrese had 10
Piquet 11 DNF's / DNQ's
Pironi's and Villeneuve's season we all know how sadly it ended for both
Toleman's Fabi didn't finish even one race that season.

These seasons are not realistic at all if Cosworths have the same power and the turbos won't break. Guess what... now they DO break. But not in every race. This is Imola with a long top speed straight. Half of the cars retired.

My starting grid was 11th and ended up 3rd.

All retirements are ai engine failures.

t6UnKoq.jpg

Now the turbos last well on tracks like Long Beach, Monaco and even Dijon and Caesars Palace. But break on fast tracks like Hockenheim, Kyalami, Monza, Imola, Paul Ricard. Prost/Piquet at ai level 100 and Ferraris at 95'ish are superior on those tracks with the turbo engines. If you want to keep them behind you with the Cosworth, you can't have them close on your tail on the straights. You can fight for the championship with podium / points finishes and still have a chance to win on the street circuits (like Rosberg did with the inferior car).

I've been adjusting the 1982, 1983 and 1984 years for a long time. Looks pretty good.

PS: Look at Renault Turbo Prost's best lap time and compare it my Cosworth best lap time. That was pretty much the genuine difference on Monza, Imola and Hockenheim 1982.
What program/app are you using for exported results? I do a lot of offline racing and this would be a huge time saver to have something like this.

Hello everyone, I have already made a similar post.. Would anyone of good will know and could improve this Castrol Supra GT7 conversion? We need to create a Skin, Lod and fix the lights a bit. The base is good. Thanks in advance
surely this needs alot more work than a quick skin...........its up there with the most "triangles" i have ever seen in this game. I am pressuming this would need more optimisation..........i guess??. Best looking model i have seen of this paticular car

i no nothing i'm just waffling

Screenshot (501).png

Last edited:
Can't tell from an image. Where is the car please?

surely this needs alot more work than a quick skin...........its up there with the most "triangles" i have ever seen in this game. I am pressuming this would need more optimisation..........i guess??. Best looking model i have seen of this paticular car

i no nothing i'm just waffling

View attachment 1332184
let's say he eats FPS for breakfast, lunch and dinner... if it could be improved it would be nice...

let's say he eats FPS for breakfast, lunch and dinner... if it could be improved it would be nice...
the mapping on this AO is really bad with some iffy bits here and there which is a shame:

anything is do-able but this would be a real ball ache to achieve something good, and even then you still have these weird bits in the AO which in my opinion is the real deal breaker for me

if anyone is willing to remap this car i will skin it, the windows seem to be mapped........so thats 1 less thing i guess

Screenshot (505).png

Screenshot (504).png
Screenshot (502).png

Last edited:
I understand...it's a shame because there aren't any better AC models out there
for me all this needs is a body remap......you never know someone might take up the challenge the high poly count is a different subject though.......

how hard would it be to optimise this? probably more work than i could imagine but like i say i no nothing

Last edited:
re: Random crashes CM/CSP

Its a very very rare instance that my AC crashes. It is odd to hear these reports. In my case I an testing/working on new or half finished tracks textures on in wrong formats, PURE, crazy ext_config experiments etc...

an AC crash is very very rare on my 4k gaming potato, odd.
Out of interest, are you running Windows 10 or 11? I seem to have had a lot more issues since I started running 11... but then again, that may just be coincidental.

Out of interest, are you running Windows 10 or 11? I seem to have had a lot more issues since I started running 11... but then again, that may just be coincidental.
I seem to have less AC/CSP issues since moving to Windows 11, but... it coincided with a brand new PC, so... Gallic shrug

Is this due for release any time soon?
The misamisa なんだこぱんだ car is a bit of an odd fish - a lot of the decals float about 10mm off the bodywork, for example. Not sure it's worth doing any work on if yours is imminent.
It feels lovely to drive though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to have less AC/CSP issues since moving to Windows 11, but... it coincided with a brand new PC, so... Gallic shrug
As I said, it may just be concidence. It's entirely likely my track loading issues are all just CSP/CM related, but I hate Windows so much that I like to blame things on it anyway. ;)

What's most puzzling is when you can load a track one day, then the next you can't, despite not having made any changes to anything. That's why I thought Windows updates might be the culprit. They always screw something up unnecessarily! As an example, I run 5.1 sound using a DTS decoder (an official one) and after just about any Windows update, all my audio settings get lost.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back