Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,710 comments
Alright, the 1987 F1 season now updated with mandatory pitstops. Race lengths vary from 15 laps (Hockenheim) to 25 laps (Paul Ricard).

Every car will pit, in every race. You will have to pit too. This is achieved simply by adjusting the max. fuel of each car and the fuel consumption. Again, no apps or Content Manager settings are needed. It's no rocket science but it works. The ai cars will pit somewhere around the halfway of the race. There is some variation and randomness though but that just keeps it interesting.

Tracks. Complete full 1987 season, in correct order.

Jacarapegua 1988 20 laps
Imola 1988 15 laps
Spa 1988 15 laps
Monaco 1988 20 laps
Detroit 1988 20 laps
Paul Ricard 1988 25 laps
Silverstone 1988 25 laps
Hockenheim 1988 15 laps
Hungaroring 1992 15 laps
Osterreichring 20 laps
Monza 1988 15 laps
Estoril 1988 20 laps
Jerez 1988 20 laps
Mexico 1988 20 laps
Suzuka 1988 20 laps
Adelaide 1988 20 laps

There are two championship files. One for rain at Silverstone (as per genuine 1987 GP) and another for clear weather at Silverstone for those who haven't purchased the rain DLC for Custom Shaders Patch.

All you have to do is to adjust your pitstop preset during the practice or qualifying and the process will be automatic when you enter the pit during the race. Use 100% turbo for qualifying, 70% in the races. You might get away with 80% in Detroit or Monaco but adjust the turbo down when you don't need it. Your engine will blow otherwise.

The championship is based on ACFL Williams 1987 (pay mod), skins for ACFL williams plus Ferrari 1987 (Brundle, Warwick, Cheever, Nannini, Streiff and Palmer). These cars are quite a lot slower so they're basically there to just get a 20 car grid. "Fillers".

I don't share the ACFL cars as it's a pay mod but all the skins and the Ferrari 1987 cars are in the package.

I also fixed the issue with vanilla ACFL car choosing slow race tyres for ai at Hockenheim and Spa qualifying (now chooses QF tyres as it should). The fix is also in the package.

Sure it's not perfect but this is the best we can do for the 1987 F1 season. ACFL ai drivers are very competitive.

The results are extremely realistic. I played one full season with Piquet and lost the championship in the last two races (Suzuka and Adelaide) where I couldn't keep up with Mansell's pace.

In real season Piquet won the title against faster Mansell (who basically self-destructed himself) and Nelson won it with consistency (by taking podiums). Senna, Berger, Alboreto and Prost, are as usual, very competitive too.

This was my points situation before Suzuka.

jXJpayx.jpg

I'm a hardcore fan of the "Golden Era" of F1... I watch those races almost every day... and believe me, I've tried to adjust everything to achieve as realistic results as possible.

I will do mandatory pitstop seasons for 1984, 1986, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1998 eventually. 1984 is almost ready, just some final testing left. Actually I have done those seasons but I just have to adjust the cars to pit.

All download links in the video description. Enjoy. I really did, it was a great tight season.

Last edited:
Try unpacking data.acd of each car, copy the ai.ini file of the car that works well, and paste it into the one that doesn't. If the physics of the better car haven't changed much, it may get you into the "ballpark". Don't be afraid to play with the numbers to see what they do to the ai.

On another note, for those complaining about this or that car not working on a certain track, keep in mind this file is created by the car modder, and can vary greatly. A track's ai is only as good as the ai built into the car.

Oh, and hello all, it's been a while.
Nice to see you back :) Master of AI :bowdown:

One never knows, hopefully a new proper version of the racing Dodge Vipers CC Gt3 and Gt2 will come.
After all these are Vipers and...

we.must.have.all.Viperz.

In the meanwhile four new sexy skins for the awfully named "bem_dodge_viper_Cc_coupe_gt3_gen2" have popped out on RD,
so here are the quick and dirty LODs for that thing.

No, this is not the Ag/ACTK short winged version. Just for the BEM one.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/dodge-viper-cc-gt3-lods.6810/

On another front, I've now moved to the last CSP build.
My experience is that somewhere down the last 4 builds my graphic performance has wildly dropped.
Last year I've recorded 24 cars gue Gt4 races on the main US circuits with few fps drops, now I take four "CSP ready" cars on the road without even recording and I experience severe drops everywhere.
Same gear, same setup. I use racing cars only, no free roams, I'm not using the "csp" versions of the VRC's in extended mode.

I can still enjoy basic stuff like before, 26 ACL GTR cars on THR's layout of Silverstone75 is still a no-drops race, replays included.

ryzen5 3600x/rtx2060/32gb ram, 2k reso

All of the above is just my evaluation, no rants.
If CSP grows maybe workload grows too, and that's reasonable. Almost.

Last edited:
Hi Mate,
I wanted to say thank you for this championship well executed (as well as the others), I tried it out today and I loved it. The Jaca racetrack was not working for me, maybe the AC Timer on the track is not well positioned, as It was not registering my lap time. Then on Long Beach, I had so much fun with the AI and the pit stops, I cannot wait for the weekend to do more of them.

Thanks !

Thanks. Glad you liked them.

Jacarapegua 1988 track? It should definitely work. It's an old and solid track. I think converted by Rainmaker originally. Never had an issue with that track. :embarrassed:

It is not only that car. 30% of cars that i use, suddenly have this problem (without changing anything in csp or assetto settings). Really annoying. As someone mentioned in this forum, "cutting" the problematic car's folder to desktop and then COPYING it back to cars folder in assetto, fixes the issue. I hope someone has a better solution to fix all.
I tried that solution but for me it doesnt work. :( Anyway thx for your help.

anyone else has noticed that the per-car user Force feedback, changed in game with assigned + and - buttons no longer gets saved? (new session, ffb strenght of same car is back at 100%, where before I did it once and it was stored automatically.)

Anyone knows of a workaround?

Mirrors stopped working, SSLR not working, shadows popping, csp preview issues, unwanted windows popping up in CM, AI completely off, extended physics working only for few cars, key bindings, random crashes, lod's ...., dim or extra bright lights, geo tags, now FFB problems and i'm sure so many more i can't think of. Am i troubleshooting or playing the game? Am i supposed to work around bugs all the time or using a program (CM and CSP) that supposedly makes the game better? (well it does and t doesn't).
CSP still in "preview" state after all these years...
Sorry... just tired of this....for so long...oof!

Alright, the 1987 F1 season now updated with mandatory pitstops. Race lengths vary from 15 laps (Hockenheim) to 25 laps (Paul Ricard).

Every car will pit, in every race. You will have to pit too. This is achieved simply by adjusting the max. fuel of each car and the fuel consumption. Again, no apps or Content Manager settings are needed. It's no rocket science but it works. The ai cars will pit somewhere around the halfway of the race. There is some variation and randomness though but that just keeps it interesting.

Tracks. Complete full 1987 season, in correct order.

Jacarapegua 1988 20 laps
Imola 1988 15 laps
Spa 1988 15 laps
Monaco 1988 20 laps
Detroit 1988 20 laps
Paul Ricard 1988 25 laps
Silverstone 1988 25 laps
Hockenheim 1988 15 laps
Hungaroring 1992 15 laps
Osterreichring 20 laps
Monza 1988 15 laps
Estoril 1988 20 laps
Jerez 1988 20 laps
Mexico 1988 20 laps
Suzuka 1988 20 laps
Adelaide 1988 20 laps

There are two championship files. One for rain at Silverstone (as per genuine 1987 GP) and another for clear weather at Silverstone for those who haven't purchased the rain DLC for Custom Shaders Patch.

All you have to do is to adjust your pitstop preset during the practice or qualifying and the process will be automatic when you enter the pit during the race. Use 100% turbo for qualifying, 70% in the races. You might get away with 80% in Detroit or Monaco but adjust the turbo down when you don't need it. Your engine will blow otherwise.

The championship is based on ACFL Williams 1987 (pay mod), skins for ACFL williams plus Ferrari 1987 (Brundle, Warwick, Cheever, Nannini, Streiff and Palmer). These cars are quite a lot slower so they're basically there to just get a 20 car grid. "Fillers".

I don't share the ACFL cars as it's a pay mod but all the skins and the Ferrari 1987 cars are in the package.

I also fixed the issue with vanilla ACFL car choosing slow race tyres for ai at Hockenheim and Spa qualifying (now chooses QF tyres as it should). The fix is also in the package.

Sure it's not perfect but this is the best we can do for the 1987 F1 season. ACFL ai drivers are very competitive.

The results are extremely realistic. I played one full season with Piquet and lost the championship in the last two races (Suzuka and Adelaide) where I couldn't keep up with Mansell's pace.

In real season Piquet won the title against faster Mansell (who basically self-destructed himself) and Nelson won it with consistency (by taking podiums). Senna, Berger, Alboreto and Prost, are as usual, very competitive too.

This was my points situation before Suzuka.

jXJpayx.jpg

I'm a hardcore fan of the "Golden Era" of F1... I watch those races almost every day... and believe me, I've tried to adjust everything to achieve as realistic results as possible.

I will do mandatory pitstop seasons for 1984, 1986, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1998 eventually. 1984 is almost ready, just some final testing left. Actually I have done those seasons but I just have to adjust the cars to pit.

All download links in the video description. Enjoy. I really did, it was a great tight season.

excellent stuff!

anyone able to do some quick lods or have the 87 ferrari with lods already?

excellent stuff!

Thanks.

ASR 1991 will be updated with longer races and mandatory pitstops too. Later tonight. Just testing and it's working brilliantly. I will add the sparks mod and make the full car package downloadable as it's not a pay mod.

It's unbelievable how much these mandatory pitstops add to the races. Especially when there is some kind of randomness that cannot be controlled. Sometimes the team cars pit twice. I just ran a test at Silverstone in the 1991 mod. Prost pitted 1st time at lap 7 and then pitted again at lap 14. Teammate Alesi pitted just once at lap 11 (20 lap race). Both have same fuel consumption and capacity. 90% of the time this doesn't happen but sometimes it does. There's no explanation.

This will add completely new element of surprise to the races. And 20-25 laps is long enough to get that 25-35 minutes of driving (per day). At least for me.

I have tested these all tracks and cars by parking my car to the pitlane and writing down the laps the ai cars pit. Then adjusted when needed. 1983 and 1987 are spot on. 1991 still some testing.

PS:

ACFL 1987 Williams have these generic skins:

Benetton generic (for 2 drivers)
Brabham generic (for 2 drivers)
Ferrari generic (for 2 drivers)
Ligier generic (for 2 drivers)
Lotus generic (for 2 drivers)
McLaren generic (for 2 drivers)

and then separate skins for

Piquet / Williams
Mansell / Williams

Both Mansell and Piquet are using silly red helmets. Should be white.

So basically there's skins for 14 drivers. I wouldn't mind if someone with skill could do generic skins for Tyrrell, Zakspeed and Arrows. Then we'd have 20 car grid which IMHO is perfect size for seasons.Then we could drop that slow extra Ferrari 1987 from the season system.

Last edited:
Mirrors stopped working, SSLR not working, shadows popping, csp preview issues, unwanted windows popping up in CM, AI completely off, extended physics working only for few cars, key bindings, random crashes, lod's ...., dim or extra bright lights, geo tags, now FFB problems and i'm sure so many more i can't think of. Am i troubleshooting or playing the game? Am i supposed to work around bugs all the time or using a program (CM and CSP) that supposedly makes the game better? (well it does and t doesn't).
That's why i'm still using a CM version from 2021 and a CSP version from 2022. Everything just works. I will admit to missing the ability to use the newest versions of Pure because it requires newer CM\CSP versions. Having said that, i'd rather use an older Pure version and miss out of some of it's newest features than deal with all the hassles that the new CM\CSP versions bring into the mix.

Do you guys know how to filter tags in CM so it is specific to that tag only?

For example searching "#Formula 4" lists every tag that has 'Formula' and '4', it drives me nuts

But I also have a Series category for Formula 4 under the categories tab, and that one only brings in the cars I'm looking for.

This is what is in my series json "filter": "tag:\\b(Formula 4)\\b | class:\\b(Formula 4)\\b | \\b(Formula 4)\\b" but I'm having trouble in replicating that in CM search

Attachments

• 1710535507188.png
    1710535507188.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 1710535591976.png
    1710535591976.png
    13 KB · Views: 12
That's why i'm still using a CM version from 2021 and a CSP version from 2022. Everything just works. I will admit to missing the ability to use the newest versions of Pure because it requires newer CM\CSP versions. Having said that, i'd rather use an older Pure
version and miss out of some of it's newest features than deal with all the hassles that the new CM\CSP versions bring into the mix.
No CM no problems here :cheers:

But as Racinjoe says - i have to stay with some older CSP and Pure versions. Because the makers made CM mandatory for the latest Versions. Thanks for that :yuck:

Thanks.

ASR 1991 will be updated with longer races and mandatory pitstops too. Later tonight. Just testing and it's working brilliantly. I will add the sparks mod and make the full car package downloadable as it's not a pay mod.

It's unbelievable how much these mandatory pitstops add to the races. Especially when there is some kind of randomness that cannot be controlled. Sometimes the team cars pit twice. I just ran a test at Silverstone in the 1991 mod. Prost pitted 1st time at lap 7 and then pitted again at lap 14. Teammate Alesi pitted just once at lap 11 (20 lap race). Both have same fuel consumption and capacity. 90% of the time this doesn't happen but sometimes it does. There's no explanation.

This will add completely new element of surprise to the races. And 20-25 laps is long enough to get that 25-35 minutes of driving (per day). At least for me.

I have tested these all tracks and cars by parking my car to the pitlane and writing down the laps the ai cars pit. Then adjusted when needed. 1983 and 1987 are spot on. 1991 still some testing.

PS:

ACFL 1987 Williams have these generic skins:

Benetton generic (for 2 drivers)
Brabham generic (for 2 drivers)
Ferrari generic (for 2 drivers)
Ligier generic (for 2 drivers)
Lotus generic (for 2 drivers)
McLaren generic (for 2 drivers)

and then separate skins for

Piquet / Williams
Mansell / Williams

Both Mansell and Piquet are using silly red helmets. Should be white.

So basically there's skins for 14 drivers. I wouldn't mind if someone with skill could do generic skins for Tyrrell, Zakspeed and Arrows. Then we'd have 20 car grid which IMHO is perfect size for seasons.Then we could drop that slow extra Ferrari 1987 from the season system.

heres the ferrari f1-87 with a quick single lod from 3dsimed. might help other users especially vr with fps.

i hope we can find an alternative for simplygon. i know quick lods are frowned upon by modding snobs but i found that program to be a real God send.

and yes it would be better to use the acfl car for all competitors. the assets to do the skins could be taken from the ferrari or the rfactor mod.

im off to try the championship as is. maybe i can do the skins if i have some time and some help from others

Last edited:
You know, this CM and CSP thing... is only for the brave :lol:

Last edited:
Funny enough, I use all the latest and greatest, and i do not have any major bug that makes me wonder why I play this game :cheers:
Wish I was that lucky. Besides some of the ai issues I experience, my biggest problem with the latest versions of CSP is what it does to my game performance. For whatever reason, it causes a lag or micro stutter (hard to explain) when making a turn, like it's trying to load\render some new track info that hasn't been rendered yet, and everything just lags a bit. Plus I hate the new way you have to setup the weather.

Last edited:
anyone else has noticed that the per-car user Force feedback, changed in game with assigned + and - buttons no longer gets saved? (new session, ffb strenght of same car is back at 100%, where before I did it once and it was stored automatically.)

Anyone knows of a workaround?
No, I use the ffb clip app and it still remembers the per car settings. But all new cars normally start at 20Nm (which I dial back to 14-16 Nm) and since a few days they now start at 15Nm...:rolleyes:

Wish I was that lucky. Besides some of the ai issues I experience, my biggest problem with the latest versions of CSP is what it does to my game performance. For whatever reason, it cause a lag or micro stutter (hard to explain) when making a turn, like it's trying to load\render some new track info that hasn't been rendered yet, and everything just lags a bit. Plus I hate the new way you have to setup the weather.
Same here, only few cents better. First two laps like a PS1 game.
Then some fresh air but random stutters and that feeling that they mostly happen on curves. :confused:
It was amazing how it all worked on my setup despite being a bunch of unoptimized stuff one on top of the other.
It looks gorgeous now, but at what cost. I'm downgrading every graphic option, maybe I have some Invidia/CSP combo setting to try left, part of me what to roll back, part is hooked by the Nuzzi apps and 1 hour races.

The mod is from tmcharlie and can be found here (cats Dingus + Gwagwa):
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fjousbu3p5moy/cuh

Background info: Maxwell, the Cat, also known as Spinning Cat, is a black-and-white tuxedo cat who achieved viral fame online in October and November 2022. Her model was initially added to Garry's Mod and later served as source material for videos where she spins around to various songs, akin to the Horizontally Spinning Rat memes. Alongside her aliases Dingus the Cat and Big Boobs, her real name is Jess.

Here some video:

Thank you! Awesome read and info bout these cute 🐈 🐈 🐈

Same here, only few cents better. First two laps like a PS1 game.
Then some fresh air but random stutters and that feeling that they mostly happen on curves. :confused:
It was amazing how it all worked on my setup despite being a bunch of unoptimized stuff one on top of the other.
It looks gorgeous now, but at what cost. I'm downgrading every graphic option, maybe I have some Invidia/CSP combo setting to try left, part of me what to roll back, part is hooked by the Nuzzi apps and 1 hour races.
Nice to know i'm not the only one who saw a performance dip. Sometimes I think some of these things only happen to me because I never see anyone complain about them. I also forgot one other thing that bugs me about the latest CSP\Pure combo and I don't know which one is too blame. I can no longer change the time multiplier in game. I can set it before a race, but once I start the session, I can't change it like I used to be able to. It's these kinds of little things that always makes me revert back despite not wanting to do it.

Guys, had to take my mom to hospital. Just hanging out. Thinking of a question I could ask you guys to make the time go by.

Can you guys tell me some of the more obscure cup cars you race in cup races. Single car with at least 8 distinct liveries to race in 'same car' mode. I hate typing with my finger, lol. Anyways looking forward to your suggestions. The more obscure the car the better but not neccessary. Tanks guys.

Guys, had to take my mom to hospital. Just hanging out. Thinking of a question I could ask you guys to make the time go by.

Can you guys tell me some of the more obscure cup cars you race in cup races. Single car with at least 8 distinct liveries to race in 'same car' mode. I hate typing with my finger, lol.
Hope all is well with your mom.🤞
On a side note, just curious: what do you usually use to type with ? :D

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back