Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,874 comments
Can anyone help me identify if this is a problem with my settings or the track: this white track surface on rt_mont_tremblant that fades away as you get closer. I'm using the recently posted 1.5 version, but I saw this on the prior version (and also rt_sonoma).

Attachments

• acs_tsII976sHQ.png
    acs_tsII976sHQ.png
    288 KB · Views: 3
Can anyone help me identify if this is a problem with my settings or the track: this white track surface on rt_mont_tremblant that fades away as you get closer. I'm using the recently posted 1.5 version, but I saw this on the prior version (and also rt_sonoma).
Heat shimmer?

If we could crowdsource a better shifting animation then the VR experience would be perfect. I've exhausted my own library of animations, but I'm sure there's a 1970s/1980s F1 car somewhere with a great match.
I'm looking, I'm looking... But I'm not much into F1 so I probably don't own all the possibilities.
cockpit_lr please :)
Ah, good point!
Lod loading too early ?

thats brands hatch right?
It is indeed.

Obviously theres the one being worked on which I hope will be done soon but its looking like a straight GTR2 port of the early 70's. I'm aiming for late 60's version which seems to be slightly more sparse.

There is the late 70's, early 80's version (unless I'm wrong) from the F1 games which would be awesome to port over.

Casually teasing a Monaco Trossi
1717881654632.png

Last edited:
Recently I drove Jim Pearson's Dundrod 1955, both in AC and RF2.
View attachment 1363161
When doing the same for Isle of Man the Jim Pearson version in RF2 is much better than the version I have in AC.
Do we also have Jim Pearson version in AC?
If you have good reputation in track making, You can ask Jim Pearson if you could get permission to convert the rF2 versions. But the rF2 version has been converted against his wishes so idk how well it would go.

Recently I had to put aside conversions for a bit (and dedicate some time to track testing to relax).

In addition to the USAC/Indy/CART models (1980s)...work is still open on adding cars from 1976 (shared in part, Copersucar and Tyrrell P34), mod pack 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, addition of cars (1982, 1983), adjustments to the 1989 mod pack (which was a little out of size, in all cars, which required a lot of work), the same will have to be done (1985 and 1987)

As I saw in the posts, a lot of new things in the CART/Indy mods.

You can see my versions (both in videos that I already made to test on the Indianapolis track) and in pints.

We try to do our best, it's not always possible, first because I don't know how to convert a car completely (I always do a partial conversion), then I pass the models on to our mate "MrHunt" to try to improve the textures whenever possible (sometimes there are problems that don't work. are solvable ), upon return I make possible changes to the "DATA" folder to make the car "competitive", similar to the "Indy 500" race in which it ran.

Below is a print of the cars from the USAC pack (70-73), which includes the McLaren M16B version (by HSS), where I made a small modification for myself (in the width of the front and rear axles, according to what I saw and I analyzed the photos, I could be wrong, but I think it was a little narrow (for those who have the original model).

Most of the models are from other simulators, the 1971 McLaren version (85 and 86) (I had to adapt it), as I saw it nowhere.

**Chaparral 2k Indy 500 model (1979-1981), in print a skin from 1980, basically converted by "lorelord" after updates were made by "MrHunt".
It remains to adjust the physical "DATA" folder and test with possible "adversaries" of the car between (1979-981), to be done (which will be adaptations), as there is no model from that year.

**Pack CART (84-86), we still need to adjust tire textures and try to adapt many missing skins (1984). Then go to 85 and 86.

**USAC Pack (1964-1966)Most are adaptations of the Lotus 38 model (Eagle and Lola), as well as the skins of these modelsLotus 34 (1964) also an adaptation, as is Watson (1964)Lotus 38 (1965/1966) original by Legion

**Pack CART (87-88-89).Cars from the 1988 pack (Lola, March and Penske "Oval"), but the road corse version is also ready.Then, perhaps adapt the 1990 and 1988 model (and recreate the 1989 season).1987 models can be adapted from 1986/1988 models
big work
!!

Hi guys, I'm the only one that on Nordschleife I have these strange shadows (that is moving with car)?

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nordschleife_9-5-124-0-39-1.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nordschleife_9-5-124-0-40-15.jpg

I tried to:
  • remove all extensions
  • remove all skins
  • back to Kunos vanilla track folder
  • change filters
  • back to previous CSP

Nothing works. Sincerely I didn't notice that before, so I'm sure that is something that is changed recently.
Obviously the problem does not occur in other tracks, and it don't depend from used car.

a question for you
Do you want these cars too?

Audi VGT GR.1 (orginal GT Car)

GT1 Spec
View attachment 1363191

GT2 Spec (with DRS)
View attachment 1363192

GT3 Spec
View attachment 1363194
Honestly, If you could convince chemflummi to put his LMDh stuff onto them then i think these would be an absolute joy to have on AC, Hell include more VGT cars and i think we'd have a new futuristic series going here.

SO yeah, imo they could be worth it

The issue is the way the AI lines are made. P2P tracks need:
  • the timers moved to before the actual start and after the actual finish
  • create AI (and sidelines)
  • restore the timers to original position.

rarely is this done by other authors, yet manditory for proper P2P AI
Thank you for the explanation @RMi_wood - this also explains why some P2P tracks work as intended and others do not. Would moving the B timing gate backwards a little to compensate be a theoretical "quick fix"?

I was just kidding... Who in our generation has not dreamed of cruising the streets of Miami in a convertible Ferrari with a slicked-back toupee, a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers and a white linen jacket with shoulder pads larger than two frying pans?
I remember the 80's... and that scares me. All photographic evidence is now held firmly under lock and key so that it can never be used to blackmail me in the future. 😝

Look at the time
Boah 1h30 late, i'm still in time

Ladies and gentleman :

F1 2012 V1 mod released by Cimmerian_Iter

Welcome to F1 2012, 6 champions, 7 different Grand Prix winner, the last season of Michael Schumacher, the fierce title battle till the Brazilian GP. Brilliant game, epic soundtrack. 2012 has everything that makes it one of the best year of Formula One, and it deserves a mod that respects the season. You like my 2011 mod? This one is even better !

Features :
  • Proper AO map for every car, proper paint for Mercedes, Mclaren and Catheram (CSP required)
  • F1 2012 Codemasters helmet !
  • Realistic Physics !
  • New engine sounds,
  • Test Driver skins, multiple helmets skins !
  • Featuring aero upgrades for Redbull, Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes.
  • CSP TyreFX support, Better tyre model !
  • F1 2012 Showroom !

DOWNLOAD HERE (and more info on mod page release)

View attachment 1362541

It's very quiet. I'm hearing more wind noise than the engine. Is there a way to turn it up?

The AI is incredibly strong. But that could be because they are starting races on very little fuel. In a 10 lap race they're pitting on lap 4 or 5 and in some cases they're pitting twice. I use the GT7 hud and when they come it's showing under 10 litres and I think that means that's what they started on. I ran three different tracks and each time the AI pitted within the first 5 laps.

The Piper GTR is on its way for a (big) update, so if any of you find something worth mentioning that needs tweaking, I'm interested right now :)

So far, we have new Lods, Masscot's shadow fix, windows changed, physics update and... a surprise :D
maybe fictional liveries of races it did not attend like monza 1000 KM 1967 and the other 2 entry's for 1969 le mans

I know nothing about the track so I doubt I could do it justice as a whole, but this was just a quick grass texture fix I applied just to see what could be done. Don't judge too harshly because I only spent about 10 minutes on it, but would it interest you?

Before:
View attachment 1363102

After:
View attachment 1363103

Like I said, i'm not the guy to ask about creating and adding trackside objects and other things the track needs, but if you would be happy with something as simple as some texture adjustments, I could probably help.
Some more fooling around with Pacific. This time I worked on the trees. I'm going to have to look at some pictures of the real track to see if there needs to be more pines, but for now this looks a lot better.

Before:
pacific3.jpg

After:
pacific4c.jpg

I have to figure out how to fix that grass area at the bottom that juts out over the road. It happens in a couple of spots around the track. Most likely i'm going to need to learn some new Blender trick.

Last edited:
The issue is the way the AI lines are made. P2P tracks need:
  • the timers moved to before the actual start and after the actual finish
  • create AI (and sidelines)
  • restore the timers to original position.

rarely is this done by other authors, yet manditory for proper P2P AI
Love the fact that your P2P mods are able to handle A.I.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the extra effort you put in to make that happen on your courses.

I know nothing about the track so I doubt I could do it justice as a whole, but this was just a quick grass texture fix I applied just to see what could be done. Don't judge too harshly because I only spent about 10 minutes on it, but would it interest you?

Before:
View attachment 1363102

After:
View attachment 1363103

Like I said, i'm not the guy to ask about creating and adding trackside objects and other things the track needs, but if you would be happy with something as simple as some texture adjustments, I could probably help.
Looks like a pretty good improvement on textures, for sure, Thanks RJ

Some more fooling around with Pacific. This time I worked on the trees. I'm going to have to look at some pictures of the real track to see if there needs to be more pines, but for now this looks a lot better.

Before:
View attachment 1363207

After:
View attachment 1363208

I have to figure out how to fix that grass area at the bottom that juts out over the road. It happens in a couple of spots around the track. Most likely i'm going to need to learn some new Blender trick.
1000%

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back