Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,266 comments
Look at the time
Boah 1h30 late, i'm still in time

Ladies and gentleman :

F1 2012 V1 mod released by Cimmerian_Iter

Welcome to F1 2012, 6 champions, 7 different Grand Prix winner, the last season of Michael Schumacher, the fierce title battle till the Brazilian GP. Brilliant game, epic soundtrack. 2012 has everything that makes it one of the best year of Formula One, and it deserves a mod that respects the season. You like my 2011 mod? This one is even better !

Features :
  • Proper AO map for every car, proper paint for Mercedes, Mclaren and Catheram (CSP required)
  • F1 2012 Codemasters helmet !
  • Realistic Physics !
  • New engine sounds,
  • Test Driver skins, multiple helmets skins !
  • Featuring aero upgrades for Redbull, Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes.
  • CSP TyreFX support, Better tyre model !
  • F1 2012 Showroom !

DOWNLOAD HERE (and more info on mod page release)

View attachment 1362541

absolute great!!

I'm also wait for your 312t2 conversation, it must be great also :D

Howmet Progressing:

__custom_showroom_1717813335.png

__custom_showroom_1717823502.png

__custom_showroom_1717834709.png

__custom_showroom_1717818900.png

__custom_showroom_1717818920.png

Last edited:
uBlock Origin seems to have lost some of its magic recently. I'm seeing a lot of ads, pop-ups, and scam tabs opening on most sites where previously there were none. Even YouTube on PC is full of ads now, but uBO had been successfully eliminating these for years .
For iPad users, ublock was not working good, I’m using the free adguard from the Apple store, no adjustment's needed, also effective for GTplanet btw.
Guess ublock is going to release someday a paid version

Last edited:
uBlock Origin seems to have lost some of its magic recently. I'm seeing a lot of ads, pop-ups, and scam tabs opening on most sites where previously there were none. Even YouTube on PC is full of ads now, but uBO had been successfully eliminating these for years .

I switched from Chrome to Firefox a few weeks back, uBlock Origin still seems to work on that.

The ads-related problems that many folks are experiencing are almost certainly related to Google changing the framework in which extensions are created. The new framework is called Manifest V3, replacing V2. It's a pretty controversial change, cos it specifically limits how an extension can change a web page, so, ad-blockers are square in its sights. Google IS an (s)(b)ad company, so...
The changes began to be phased in, beginning June. Chrome will DROP support for V2 extensions, Firefox will support both.
Choose your weapons, ladies and gentlemen :)

Last edited:
The ads-related problems that many folks are experiencing are almost certainly related to Google changing the framework in which extensions are created. The new framework is called Manifest V3, replacing V2. It's a pretty controversial change, cos it specifically limits how an extension can change a web page, so, ad-blockers are square in its sights. Google IS an (s)(b)ad company, so...
The changes began to be phased in, beginning June. Chrome will DROP support for V2 extensions, Firefox will support both.

Yeah nah, the Mozarella ad appeared with ublock whilst using Firefox

Hey everyone, I'm still struggling with the issue that AI refuse to finish many point-to-point tracks - they just stop before the finish line. This is in both Race mode and Track Day - it just started out of the blue. Anyone have ideas on how to solve this, or what's causing this?

I'm using CSP 0.2.3-preview1
The issue is the way the AI lines are made. P2P tracks need:
  • the timers moved to before the actual start and after the actual finish
  • create AI (and sidelines)
  • restore the timers to original position.

rarely is this done by other authors, yet manditory for proper P2P AI

Epic! Are there any possibilities of your team making a 1970s-1980s F1 pack per year?
Lmao no I just said 2 pages ago that I'll drop season mods after the 2013.

One of the reason ofc is my lack of interest for the 80s, the second one is the low quality of the 3d modèle available. And lastly we aren't a "team" per definition. I just find people that have common goals like me and willing to help me. So across the mods it's not always the same person doing the audio or the physics. Which means for the 80s I need to find people that are interested in doing 80s content.

Then It’s bye Chrome, which I do leave in favor for Brave on my Win10 desktop, ( on my Linux system it’s still Firefox), but that’s also running into the same trap as Firefox. Right now I’m after 15y back to Opera with in-build VPN, and the first tryout is positive. But TOR browser could als a good alternative.

Last edited:
I use uBlock Origin, the Moza ads are always present...
Import this txt file in your uBlock Origin dashboard, in tab "My filter" and you get this afterward:
1717833178679.png

No big Moza ads anymore ... :D

Edit: Here´s the "My filters" tab explained:

I use and tested it with Firefox.

uBlock Origin is very dependent and reliant on a voluntarily contributing community. You can integrate additional filter lists, but also import filters.
Like the one I just posted for @Fanapryde. :)
Cheers old friend... :cheers:

Edit:
For example, I have activated 24 filter lists and have no major problems with YouTube.

Click here to see how you can activate these lists:

But I have to admit that in my own network or Homelab at home, I use an additional instance "Pi-Hole" or "AdGuard Home" to block a lot of things for all my devices at home :)

So maybe in my case it's a combination of both methods.

Attachments

• ublock-sliderman-filter_2024-06-08_09.47.01.txt
    422 bytes · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisers vs Adblockers, Newest CSP Versions vs Simracers... The Eternal Fight between Good and Evil... 😬

It's understandable that you want to forget that decade...

View attachment 1363033
No no I actually do love the 80 asthetics lmao, I am a huge sucker for the 80s, the miami vibe, the music.

Just for F1 there's not much aside the 88 season that I really liked.

Side note for anyone who actually want to use the showroom of the F1 2012, I see a lot of miss so I'm going to help you.

1717837273745.png

This is how it the showroom look out of the box. Ugly isn't it? (Aside of the lamp texture which have been changed in final release)

This is also how it is in F1 2012 stock. Most of the work will be done by post processing.

1717837598413.png

1717837621882.png

You can also tweak the ext_conf_light file to add rgb colors and make the showroom look more different than what F1 2012 do

1717837711969.png

If you want a starting point here's some config you can use

C13AEGIS with this CSP Setting and this video setting

RealityFilter 3.0 with config and the lua file

I Also strongly recommend reading this to understand how to tweak the ext_config_lights.ini inside the extension folder if you want to tweak the bloom settings of each lights, the intensity, the color etc etc

No no I actually do love the 80 asthetics lmao, I am a huge sucker for the 80s, the miami vibe, the music...
I was just kidding... Who in our generation has not dreamed of cruising the streets of Miami in a convertible Ferrari with a slicked-back toupee, a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers and a white linen jacket with shoulder pads larger than two frying pans?

Yep, 80's music and racing definitely mash well together.

Last edited:
I was just kidding... Who in our generation has not dreamed of cruising the streets of Miami in a convertible Ferrari with a slicked-back toupee, a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers and a white linen jacket with shoulder pads larger than two frying pans?

Yep, 80's music and racing definitely mash well together.

Me playing this music while going at luxembourg during midnight with this car

1717845508544.png

View attachment 1362937View attachment 1362938

PLEASE REPLACE THIS FILE: (add: RPM BAR)

Released : AMG Mercedes-Benz C-Klasse DTM 2005
Author:F302
3D Model Car:RRRE,KW Studios
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: SimBin ,KW Studios
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.3-preview1
PP filer AC Vision GT 1.0
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager
Very nice indeed - thanks!
Couple of minor points after a quick drive:
  • The driver's face isn't hidden properly in 3rd person view, but 'Analyse' will pick that up and fix it.
  • The shifting animation timing is laggy and slow. Try this in driver3d.ini for sharper response (BLEND_TIME should rarely be over 100):
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=210
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=210
PRELOAD_RPM=11000
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

Last edited:
Mercedes Benz CLK DTM 2003
some bugfixes
-collider
-some other fixes

ps.before u delete the old version just test it
View attachment 1358673
Hi !

I have noticed 2 issues on your 2003 CLK DTM, first one is the black frame of the windshield through other windows and second is a big part of the back of the driver seat is missing (see picture for the 2 issues), issue of the seat is also on your 2005 CLK DTM.

And if you could explain how to solve the issue of the windshield, i'm interessting because I have to solve the same issue on another car ... Thanks.

1717848222007.png

Hi everyone.

I have a question about the ''rt_sebring'' mod. Is it possible to change the grid positions somehow? I'm on pole (Mercedes) but somehow I start the race in P2, slightly behind the BMW. And of course that happens through the whole grid.

edit: I think something similar happens in ''rt_bathurst'' as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_rt_sebring_7-5-124-22-5-26.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_rt_sebring_7-5-124-22-5-26.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
PARNELLI JONES . . .
On learning of the passing of this legend, I reviewed the circuits we have in AC that reflect the '69 and '70 Trans-Am series.
We pretty much have them all, although I'm not entirely sure that Watkins Glen was quite as narrow as Sergio's 60s version.
But, of course it certainly might have been. I was at Riverside International as a 13 year old boy when Jones won the Mission Bell 200 in October of 1970, and my memories of Donahue, Gurney, Follmer, Savage and Jones roaring past are irreplaceable. The one mod I wish we had a better version of from that series is Pacific Raceway - known as Seattle International Raceway. The SimTraxx version is better than nothing, for sure, but it seems to be a far cry from what talented modders are able to create today. Not sure any of you artists are up for the challenge, but that would be a fantastic old-school circuit to bring into the fold with current day standards. Anyway - just thought I'd plant a seed and see what might come of it, if anything.
Cheers to Parnelli Jones, and have a good one guys.
I know nothing about the track so I doubt I could do it justice as a whole, but this was just a quick grass texture fix I applied just to see what could be done. Don't judge too harshly because I only spent about 10 minutes on it, but would it interest you?

Before:
pacific1.jpg

After:
pacific2.jpg

Like I said, i'm not the guy to ask about creating and adding trackside objects and other things the track needs, but if you would be happy with something as simple as some texture adjustments, I could probably help.

I use Firefox since...forever and never used another browser, i never had any problems with it and it has all that Chrome has a hundred times better, i cant understand why users dont use Firefox.

I use Firefox since...forever and never used another browser, i never had any problems with it and it has all that Chrome has a hundred times better, i cant understand why users dont use Firefox.
I was using firefox until chrome came in and was using 1/10 of memory firefox used back then.

I use Firefox as well, and while it has minor issues like RTX Super Resolution bugs with each passing update, it is indeed faster (by about 30-35% memory wise) and Mozilla values your privacy.

I wouldn't go back to Chromium based browsing - especially with the advent of Google attempting to make ad blockers impossible to use on their platform via Manifest V3. I suggest others consider the same.

On topic of AC - I've had strange floating skidmarks and grass particles since this last CSP update. The skidmarks "float" above the circuit and almost "fold" sometimes - and the grass particles fly through the air about 10 feet above the circuit.

This must be CSP screwing up - does anyone know of the exact settings to disable this behavior? I already have disabled the new "overlap" skidmarks feature as it breaks a ton of tracks' surface rendering, Reboot Team tracks included.

Last edited:
The Piper GTR is on its way for a (big) update, so if any of you find something worth mentioning that needs tweaking, I'm interested right now :)

So far, we have new Lods, Masscot's shadow fix, windows changed, physics update and... a surprise :D
If we could crowdsource a better shifting animation then the VR experience would be perfect. I've exhausted my own library of animations, but I'm sure there's a 1970s/1980s F1 car somewhere with a great match.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back