Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,748 comments
View attachment 1371284
@Peter Boese is it posible to remove this "info screen"?
You have 2 options:

You can switch off help completelly with the "?" button.

Or you can just switch off the manual with this option in the settings:
1720586737273.png

Hello Everyone :cheers:
I've been working on AI DRIFT Conversion for quite some time now.
By that, I mean converting car physics and creating new AI drift lines for existing tracks.
All of this is to make the single player mode more fun than it originally is.

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to 'teach' AI cars to properly execute the entire course of Formula Drift IRWINDALE Speedway.
It will be available soon, and here are the results...

Also, check out some of my previous releases and let me know what you think. :cheers:

Hello Everyone :cheers:
I've been working on AI DRIFT Conversion for quite some time now.
By that, I mean converting car physics and creating new AI drift lines for existing tracks.
All of this is to make the single player mode more fun than it originally is.

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to 'teach' AI cars to properly execute the entire course of Formula Drift IRWINDALE Speedway.
It will be available soon, and here are the results...

Also, check out some of my previous releases and let me know what you think. :cheers:

Not a drifter (or not on purpose😂) but i'll follow this very closely. If you manage to get the ai to drift properly there's crazy opportunities for mybeloved vintage cars as well. Looks very promising mate!

Also, if you have a replay to share so i can try my graphic mods on drifting i could send you the resuts for you to upload on yt.

Hey guys

Still need a few tweaks on the scripts but here are the latest versions of my Ppfilters and reshade presets

There 's a ppfilter for every situation : VAO cooked or not, weird colorgrading, passable scenery... As a vintage enthusiast i really tried to make every track mod playable to some extent.

For those curious to try the whole pack, here's the pdf with installation instructions (at the bottom after the neckfx listing)

for those used to my stuffs that just need the graphic mods files:

Hope a few will find it helping in your search for immersivity, kisses

Last edited:
I only know of the Le Mans Project guys doing 1997 (https://acracemods.wordpress.com/2023/08/18/1997-24-hours-of-le-mans/) and doesn't seem like any talk on their discord of doing the later ones. I know from having put together some cars with a friend that there are huge variations in the cars that are available that would suit those seasons. And its a pity because they are 2 great years of Le Mans.

Only chance of a proper BOP grid is to be set on using X cars only. There are many examples of the BMW V12, Mercedes CLK and McLaren F1s out there so there is a lot of work that would need to be done on them.

Guy who started that project here. All Le Mans grids are on the table to do for us .. there is a 2013 one but a lot of the 'early releases' we did really need to be revisited. Right now there are a handful of early 50/60/70 grids in progress with some near completion and its up to the broader team to really work on what makes sense as a combined effort.

There is significant effort around doing proper BoP for the cars to make them as realistic as they were in the real races. The last 2 grids really show how much better this is vs the earlier sets.

Hi all, have a question about an errant steering wheel in game, hoping someone can help, or point me in the direction to fix myself. At certain distances the wheel is showing up outside the car. Sort of like the problem others faced with that McLaren GT3 car window net. Oddly it disappears the more I zoom in while taking a photo.

Thanks
Screenshot_ag_celica_turbogto_imsa_g333_goodwood_hillclimb_10-6-124-13-21-29.jpg

Screenshot_ag_celica_turbogto_imsa_g333_goodwood_hillclimb_10-6-124-13-21-33.jpg

Hi all, have a question about an errant steering wheel in game, hoping someone can help, or point me in the direction to fix myself. At certain distances the wheel is showing up outside the car. Sort of like the problem others faced with that McLaren GT3 car window net. Oddly it disappears the more I zoom in while taking a photo.

Thanks
View attachment 1371474
View attachment 1371473
Who ever ported it to AC didn't bother making proper LOD's, You can fix it by just increasing the distance it takes for the game to load LODB-C-D etc depending on how many lod.kn5 files the car has.

Unpack data, Look in the Data folder and find LOD.ini and play around with the lod values. Top on should be the highest quality one higher number=longer distance until LODB kicks in etc.

That is ofc the easy way to fix it. Harder way is to make your own LODS for it. :gtpflag:

Guy who started that project here. All Le Mans grids are on the table to do for us .. there is a 2013 one but a lot of the 'early releases' we did really need to be revisited. Right now there are a handful of early 50/60/70 grids in progress with some near completion and its up to the broader team to really work on what makes sense as a combined effort.

There is significant effort around doing proper BoP for the cars to make them as realistic as they were in the real races. The last 2 grids really show how much better this is vs the earlier sets.
Do you know of anyone doing an early 80’s 930 to put in a 1983 grid? All the prototypes are available but can’t find a 930, there were 6 of them running in 83

Who ever ported it to AC didn't bother making proper LOD's, You can fix it by just increasing the distance it takes for the game to load LODB-C-D etc depending on how many lod.kn5 files the car has.

Unpack data, Look in the Data folder and find LOD.ini and play around with the lod values. Top on should be the highest quality one higher number=longer distance until LODB kicks in etc.

That is ofc the easy way to fix it. Harder way is to make your own LODS for it. :gtpflag:
Or you could extension-hide the wheel for that LOD.

Car folder. Create extension folder. Create ext_config.ini in it. If already present, open the ini file and prepare to paste the following.

Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE= insert complete filename for the respective LOD to be fixed, example: horriblecarLOD_B.kn5
HIDE= in CM showroom pick the name of the wheel and paste it here, example: INT_horriblewheel

Much cleaner than messing with overall triangles count.

Last edited:
Do you know of anyone doing an early 80’s 930 to put in a 1983 grid? All the prototypes are available but can’t find a 930, there were 6 of them running in 83
Why not download our 1983 grid ? It is complete. We are just mopping up a few missing liveries for 2 911s. The Kunos 3.0 RSR is super close to a 930 looks and performance wise around the Le Mans track. There are several 930 Turbo mods out there though but we didn't think it made a difference for the set for now.

https://acracemods.wordpress.com/2024/04/25/1983-24-hours-of-le-mans/

Last edited:
Or you could extension-hide the wheel for that LOD.

Car folder. Create extension folder. Create ext_config.ini in it. If already present, open the ini file and prepare to paste the following.

Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE= insert complete filename for the respective LOD to be fixed, example: horriblecarLOD_B.kn5
HIDE= in CM showroom pick the name of the wheel and paste it here, example: INT_horriblewheel

Much cleaner than messing with overall triangles count.
exactly what I was looking for, worked as advertised. Thank you!

Have to make sure all cars are running smoothly before the shootout this weekend :D

does anyone know if there are better physics out there for the Panoz DP-01?

Also been working on converting Chicago Motor Speedway from NR2003. The Lines look like they are from a game from 2003 for sure:ouch:
View attachment 1371536View attachment 1371537
View attachment 1371535View attachment 1371534
The DP-01 definitely needs some love and attention. I don't know if there's a 3d model of it out there. I know there is a rf2 mod of it. That's all I know. Not helpful I know, but maybe able to convert it. With permission of course.

does anyone know if there are better physics out there for the Panoz DP-01?

Also been working on converting Chicago Motor Speedway from NR2003. The Lines look like they are from a game from 2003 for sure:ouch:
View attachment 1371536View attachment 1371537
View attachment 1371535View attachment 1371534
are you guys talking about the v 0.2 by idt simulations of the 2007 and 2008 seasons? there is also the dallara ir-05 from the same era. download for free (use your steam account to login at blckbox. its made by simdream, but a decent effort on that one:

are you guys talking about the v 0.2 by idt simulations of the 2007 and 2008 seasons? there is also the dallara ir-05 from the same era. download for free (use your steam account to login at blckbox. its made by simdream, but a decent effort on that one:
Yeah, I already have those. Very fun on the ovals tight packs, closing racing like how it was irl. But the 07/08 Champcars need an update on all grounds.

Anybody got a decent Blender skinning tutorial?
Possibly without the use and abuse of unexplained Blender shortcuts like this one?
I'm curious about this, so I take it you want to replicate the Photoshop 3d painting ability in blender. I've kinda fiddled with this once and didn't make it work. This guy seems to have a very long and complicated way of doing it. For now simply exporting to AC with the CM showroom open for live updates seems quicker to me.

I'm curious about this, so I take it you want to replicate the Photoshop 3d painting ability in blender. I've kinda fiddled with this once and didn't make it work. This guy seems to have a very long and complicated way of doing it. For now simply exporting to AC with the CM showroom open for live updates seems quicker to me.
Whatever rocks your boat, I'm happy for you. ;)

First reasons coming to mind for going full-3d-skinning, I'm not into Adobe business' practices, tons of cars having broken maps.

I know this isn't the right thread but I know some modders here have experience with GTR2. I just wanted to know if someone have some tutorials on how to make a track work properly in GTR2. I only found a few but not so well explained. All I want is to convert some of my tracks and kunos to play by myself on it. For me it still the best sim to play offline.

Why not download our 1983 grid ? It is complete. We are just mopping up a few missing liveries for 2 911s. The Kunos 3.0 RSR is super close to a 930 looks and performance wise around the Le Mans track. There are several 930 Turbo mods out there though but we didn't think it made a difference for the set for now.

https://acracemods.wordpress.com/2024/04/25/1983-24-hours-of-le-mans/
If you guys were planning on doing the grids from 1953/55, you might want to wait a few weeks. Some projects are on the way :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back