Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,873 comments
Istanbul Park 2021

Istanbul Park 2021

I completed most of my updates for the istanbul_park track done by Enver Bozkaya (SRTR), ACU, OSRW & the AC Reboot Team. All credit for the track go to those guys, not me. I had intended it to be a mod for the original track, but the list of changes grew bigger than expected so I decided to keep it a standalone track. I know some people hate that and some like it, but I think it was necessary.

I do intend to keep tweaking things moving forward, but I think the track is in a good enough place now for people to enjoy. I would still like to get a better look for the inner grass and I have to figure out a better setup for the main straight windows. I'd like them to be transparent, but can't seem to figure out why they are so dark.

If you are using any of my past test versions, please delete the old track folder first.

List of changes from the past test versions:

-- Changed the track name to Istanbul Park 2021 since I based a lot of my changes around an F1 2021 video.
-- Grass tweaks, still not where I want it.
-- Time of day and lap number displays for the start gantry.
-- A few more trees added to dead space areas.
-- Fixed a reversed sponsor banner on one of the bridges. Let me know if I missed any other ones please.
-- Collision physics to some of the tyrewalls that were missing them.
-- I prefer the kerb cones as non-moveable objects, so by default they are pass thru objects. If you prefer them to be moveable, there is a track skin named MoveableKerbCones that you can enable so they move again.
-- Support for Pyyer's F1 Classics and Bring it Back extensions. Please read the included Directions text file so you know how to install what's needed for his extensions. It's pretty simple. Install my track. Install his extensions into my track folder. Install the contents of the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder and overwrite when it asks. I tested each extension and didn't see any issues, but please let me know if I screwed up any of them.

As always, feedback for improvements is welcome as well as pointing out any mistakes I made.
Uploaded a new version of the track. Sorry, no small update file this time. Use the link in the above quote and make sure to delete your previous track folder.

None of the changes are major so i'll list what's new in case they don't interest you. If not, you can skip this update.

-- Fixed the concrete edge on the carpet in the last turn. Now everything should match.
-- Separated all of the bridge\ad banner meshes so I could give some of the bridge ones emissive values at night.
-- New sidelines for the GP layout ai. I included the original ai if you don't like the new one so you can revert back to it. I tested the new ai on the F1 layouts with F1 cars and it works fine. If you like to new GP layout ai, you can copy it to the F1 layouts. You may need to rename the ai_hints files for the F1 layouts in order for it to work right, but I would test it first.
-- I made all of the kerb cones non-moveable objects because I couldn't get past how big they were. If you prefer the moveable cones, enable the 'Optional Moveable Kerb Cones' track skin.
-- I added some additional light poles around the track. I have vision issues driving at night and found it hard to race on this track at night because a lot of the areas were unlit. I realize they are not true to real life, so they are hidden by default. If you'd like to try them out, enable the 'Optional Extra Night Lights' track skin to make them renderable.

I think that's everything, but i'm probably forgetting something.

Any idea if this Porsche is out for AC yet? I know there was talk of it being worked on last year but I've been away from the modding scene since that time.

Any idea if this Porsche is out for AC yet? I know there was talk of it being worked on last year but I've been away from the modding scene since that time.

__custom_showroom_1720711866.jpg
__custom_showroom_1720711873.jpg
__custom_showroom_1720711877.jpg

All 993 and 996 and thier

Motorsport-Homologation's
__custom_showroom_1720711845.jpg

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1720711845.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1720711845.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

The closest thing you are gonna get is URDs 911 GT1 Evo Or Assetto garage's Porsche 911 (993) GT1

I do think F302 was working on it but i havent heard any news.
Still waiting for him to release the Audi R8R

Last edited:
How does everyone feel about this article including this part about mods?

“What we want to prevent this time is abuses in how some Assetto Corsa modding is being used, because we don’t like to see stolen content from different sims.

“The vision behind modding is that it should let people express their talent and create their own content.

“When someone grabs content from another game using third-party tools and they just put in the game or they sell it on third-party websites, it’s far against the vision we have for it. We believe that it also gives a bad perception of those people who spend a lot of time creating original content.

“This time, we want to see how we can support the good modders in a way that can create a synergy between the studio and the most talented creators.”

seems to say:
"mods need to be approved by us, and maybe we will allow it, maybe not... depends if we like you or not"
Sounds to me like they're planning an official mod repository where creators can sell content and Kunos gets a cut (the "synergy" from the article). Of course they wouldn't want copyright infringing material on there.

I guess that makes sense as a business model. Developing a fully-featured racing sim takes a lot of time and effort and the market is fairly small so sales of the base game alone won't keep the lights on. With AC1 they tried to rely on paid DLC packs but ended up competing with hundreds of talented modders. And people really hate subscription models so why not go the app store route.

All good news, grafters who encrypt **** from other games and / or hide their stuff behind a Patreon / boosty will finally need to get a job instead of relying on other people's work to make a living lmao

Oh and it'll be an EASY-free game so I can't wait to buy it.

Sounds to me like they're planning an official mod repository where creators can sell content and Kunos gets a cut (the "synergy" from the article). Of course they wouldn't want copyright infringing material on there.

I guess that makes sense as a business model. Developing a fully-featured racing sim takes a lot of time and effort and the market is fairly small so sales of the base game alone won't keep the lights on. With AC1 they tried to rely on paid DLC packs but ended up competing with hundreds of talented modders. And people really hate subscription models so why not go the app store route.

Did they really compete with modders though? Has anyone here actually gone "I'm not going to buy the Kunos version of a car, I'll use this mod one instead" ? They've sold tonnes of copies of the game and, no doubt, the official DLC.

Last edited:
Did they really compete with modders though? Has anyone here actually gone "I'm not going to buy the Kunos version of a car, I'll use this mod one instead" ? They've sold tonnes of copies of the game and, no doubt, the official DLC.
I meant more in the sense of people not buying DLC packs they're not super interested in because there's enough free mod content to keep them busy. But I agree that's probably a minor factor compared to looking at the success of RSS/VRC and thinking "wouldn't it be nice to get a piece of this action".

Why not download our 1983 grid ? It is complete. We are just mopping up a few missing liveries for 2 911s. The Kunos 3.0 RSR is super close to a 930 looks and performance wise around the Le Mans track. There are several 930 Turbo mods out there though but we didn't think it made a difference for the set for now.

https://acracemods.wordpress.com/2024/04/25/1983-24-hours-of-le-mans/
what i dont get when i got the 1966 one, is why there are several models of the same car in that pack? for the skins are you guys making them and if so why not just choose one model?

Last edited:
Whatever it will be, i really hope they put an SDK in conditions that allow most people to make good quality mods, such as basing it also on Blender 4.1. One of the reasons of why most people copy paste things from other mods or just steal. If they make that easy for everyone, nobody is doing anything ilegal. This happen in rFactor2 where the SDK is so tedious that it's almost dead (sorry but this is true) most of the mods are bad quality...

I'm not against the aproval of mods, I like that idea, but at least I hope it's not closed to 'modding studios' but open to everyone who want to do something decent or just whatever thing whenever is not ripped or something.

Things to avoid in the next AC Evo SDK if they want a good modding community

1. No Blender in SDK, only 3dsmax (paid program at 279€/month)
2. No physics guide, no explanation on nothing on this side (and no, the AC forum guides are not worth it totally because they don't cover all and you are totally dependant on reverse engineering which is lame as heck)
3. People reuploading your mod, whenever is free or paid (this last is more frustant) and getting profit of it. Sometimes even more than you.
4. People stealing your 3d model. There should be a showroom where you can't get the 3d model with a simple button.

Last edited:
Pit stop menu

I cannot see my pit stop menu anymore, it is stuck on the right side of my screen, I can see the edge of it, but I cannot drag it back toward the center of my screen.
Help!

good evening, can anyone identify this logo (in the white circle)? I understand that the picture quality is poor, but maybe someone will recognize it by the silhouette.
506349.jpg

Many tried, many failed.

Best exemple would be Bethesda. Skyrim is the most modded game ever as of today, by a fair margin. Bethesda wanted to regulate the offers (and get a cut on the way) for the future and opened an "official" mod-market-place for Fallout 4. The result is closer to a no-man's land full of official money-trap cosmetics, while the real mods are all over the internet, not even hidden. They probably didn't abdicated yet, we will see, but the reception was... cold. And Bethesda is very-much used to get colds from their gargantuan community.

In the last 15 years the modding scene has changed so much it became a business for some, which was impossible to even comprehend in the past. Everyone wants a piece of the cake, and tend to forget why they were successful in the first place.
Worst case scenario would be an encrypted-type system around a marketplace were only "approuved" mods could be used in the game. History told us it's basically a death sentence, for the modding scene and for the game itself. And as Rmi rightly said, it's pretty much despotism.
Best case scenario would be kind of the same without the encrypted part, keeping the quite mod-friendly architecture of the game but with an official place, and very much official payment system, like Bethesda's attempt. If that's so, not much impact I guess, and I don't expect a different outcome. But what do I know, 15 years ago It would've been unthinkable to ever see a "paidmod". The world is changing...

seems to say:
"mods need to be approved by us, and maybe we will allow it, maybe not... depends if we like you or not"

Many tried, many failed.

Best exemple would be Bethesda. Skyrim is the most modded game ever as of today, by a fair margin. Bethesda wanted to regulate the offers (and get a cut on the way) for the future and opened an "official" mod-market-place for Fallout 4. The result is closer to a no-man's land full of official money-trap cosmetics, while the real mods are all over the internet, not even hidden. They probably didn't abdicated yet, we will see, but the reception was... cold. And Bethesda is very-much used to get colds from their gargantuan community.

In the last 15 years the modding scene has changed so much it became a business for some, which was impossible to even comprehend in the past. Everyone wants a piece of the cake, and tend to forget why they were successful in the first place.
Worst case scenario would be an encrypted-type system around a marketplace were only "approuved" mods could be used in the game. History told us it's basically a death sentence, for the modding scene and for the game itself. And as Rmi rightly said, it's pretty much despotism.
Best case scenario would be kind of the same without the encrypted part, keeping the quite mod-friendly architecture of the game but with an official place, and very much official payment system, like Bethesda's attempt. If that's so, not much impact I guess, and I don't expect a different outcome. But what do I know, 15 years ago It would've been unthinkable to ever see a "paidmod". The world is changing...
Or it could be like Farming simulator where you have a mod hub from modder right in the game with most mod having real names...
I meant more in the sense of people not buying DLC packs they're not super interested in because there's enough free mod content to keep them busy. But I agree that's probably a minor factor compared to looking at the success of RSS/VRC and thinking "wouldn't it be nice to get a piece of this action".
A lot of mods requires you to have certain DLC already, so you got no choice of getting them anyway

Or it could be like Farming simulator where you have a mod hub from modder right in the game with most mod having real names...
If there are examples were that system worked and is still working, good to know.
I don't like it, but it doesn't mean it cannot/shouldn't succeed.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back