Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,494 comments
Skin for the ROWE #31 BMW M6 GT3 DTM Season 2021 finished, work on #16 starts :-) (RSS GTM Bayer 6 V8)
Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayer_v8_zandvoort2023_16-6-124-16-15-27.jpg
Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayer_v8_zandvoort2023_16-6-124-16-13-53.jpg

Last edited:
Simple question so I have some idea moving forward of how to make my mods. This comes as a result of a recent texture update track skin put out by ClimaxF1 for my Lemans 67 track. I tried it and honestly don't care for it, but most people are praising it. It makes everything entirely too dark for me. In the middle of the day, it looks like dusk or dawn. But it did get me thinking that maybe I make my tracks too bright for most people and I should start going for a more darker look.

So my question is, do most people find the track updates I do are too bright on their end? Should I be going for a more darker appearance for my textures or shader values?

Last edited:
Simple question so I have some idea moving forward of how to make my mods. This comes as a result of a recent texture update track skin put out by ClimaxF1 for my Lemans 67 track. I tried it and honestly don't care for it, but most people are praising it. It makes everything entirely too dark for me. In the middle of the day, it looks like dusk or dawn. But it did get me thinking that maybe I make my tracks too bright for most people and I should start going for a more darker look.

So my question is, do most people find the track updates I do are too bright on their end? Should I be going for a more darker appearance for my textures or shader values?
nah they look great, the climax one looks unnatural ( I use standard pure filter)

It probably all depends on what kind of display settings, pp-filters and eyes people have. For me, using Quest 2, running latest CSP and Pure, alternating a bit between PureVR and Chris Kennedy's NaturalMod pp-filters, I often find many tracks too bright, making them look a bit washed out, flat and dull.

For me, Climax' Le Mans-skin looks more natural with better colours and contrast. This generally applies to all his skins, which might not indicate anything else than me and him having similar preferences and/or display gear.

The best practise would probably be starting with a technically correct adjusted monitor, and running only default pp-filters.

The creator of a popular "natural looking" pp-filter states that he gets the best results from resetting his monitor to default values, which for me sounds like he has absolutely no clue what he's doing. Adjusting a monitor's colours, contrast etc. correctly takes a bit of time, skill and proper gear. And there are many ways to do it, but only one way to do it right.

No, for me you shouldn't change anything. I use some of ClimaxF1's skins that actually look really good, but had to disable the one for Bathurst for example, found that one a bit too dark. But I never noticed your updates being too bright or anything.

I find ClimaxF1's skins too dark as well. Your mods are always perfect on my setup and for my preferences.

Last edited:

Can't say that its to dark for me, Looks fine on my end. But at the same time without his skin the track is very bright for me, But i'm also altering between his ppf and C13.

Hampton Downs by Neil Shaw, does someone know how to prevent this error here with the club and national layout?

1721166161678.png

Only International works fine.

Hampton Downs by Neil Shaw, does someone know how to prevent this error here with the club and national layout?

View attachment 1373079

Only International works fine.
Seems to be an issue with the 1.kn5 file. I got both layouts to work by editing the models files and changing the
[MODEL_0] entry to FILE=1a.kn5. I have no idea what kind of issues that will cause but at least the tracks load.

Seems to be an issue with the 1.kn5 file. I got both layouts to work by editing the models files and changing the
[MODEL_0] entry to FILE=1a.kn5. I have no idea what kind of issues that will cause but at least the tracks load.
Hi, problem fixed in 1.kn5 hxxxs://drive.google.com/file/d/1vhBtapGRJNDZ39pY1IvTMJPU_6eiL1M0/view?usp=sharing , there were a few items out of the map, removed and everything works fine ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys, in the last day or so I've had some issues with my AC. For a couple days it would screen freeze after i loaded into a session both on and offline for about a minute then unfreeze and i could play without any issues.

Then yesterday, in single player the screen goes black after loading everything up. But it works fine when going online though, apart from the screen freezing.

Any suggestions to fix this issue?

try to keep your ambient/diffuse values between 0.30-0.20 and specular no higher than 0.1 (preferably 0.05)

this is my general rules for tracks

Hi everyone, I'm trying to fix the pits speed limit with PeterFlaggs Rafaela. AI won't brake for the speed limit in pitlane and even AI cars are crashing with each other. I've checked surfaces.ini and everything looks like it should with pit values.

Hello!. I wanted to ask if anyone knew of any lines I could add to the engine.ini to limit the use of push to pass to only one use per lap. I'm trying to modify the cooldown of a DTM 2020 mod that I saw but I only see the possibility of limiting it with a time cooldown (for now I put the average time of various circuits but the ideal would be the first). Thank you very much in advance

damn I lost overview about LMP (1+2) but would like to test as much as possible. sorry for this poor question, but is there any summary of all the existing LMP mods or at least must haves?

damn I lost overview about LMP (1+2) but would like to test as much as possible. sorry for this poor question, but is there any summary of all the existing LMP mods or at least must haves?
Shame on you for the poor question :) (You get a pass for "lauda" 😥)

Usual suspects. RSS, VRC.
URD (at the moment) for the Toyota and the LMP2 Loire (altho Yezhrod has a pretty good Oreca with ALL the skins)
SIMDream has a ALOT to look at and (politics aside) they're not nearly rubbish. Let your own sensibilities guide you.
TRR Discord has pretty much everything, but there, provenance is questionable. Again, your sensibilities. BoP is consistent at least.
That's at least a starter for you. Good luck with BoP from the scattered sources :)
There's always Le Mans Ultimate, but RF2 fizix spits on ground

Last edited:

I like yours better.. ClimaxF1's last few efforts have been very dark, silverstone looks terrible and too much saturation, looking cartoon like instead of realistic. Yours look natural, and LCS makes the trees and long distance look more natural. even the comparison photo he posted on the overtake download link page, it just looks cartoonish almost, while your drier colours look natural

Shame on you for the poor question :) (You get a pass for "lauda" 😥)

Usual suspects. RSS, VRC.
URD (at the moment) for the Toyota and the LMP2 Loire (altho Yezhrod has a pretty good Oreca with ALL the skins)
SIMDream has a ALOT to look at and (politics aside) they're not nearly rubbish. Let your own sensibilities guide you.
TRR Discord has pretty much everything, but there, provenance is questionable. Again, your sensibilities. BoP is consistent at least.
That's at least a starter for you. Good luck with BoP from the scattered sources :)
There's always Le Mans Ultimate, but RF2 fizix spits on ground
its not like i didnt recognized the most obvious mods from sim developer teams, but there are so many hidden gems, especially on gtplanet which I would never ever discover again.
still thx for your answer!

You did/we did a lot of configs. Many people downloaded it, none reported any overexposed issue even by using pure instead of sol. Maybe are only ClimaxF1 settings sets too bright which requires a darker texture and not viceversa? Don't think you ever had to change anything on your side if looks right on your system and and on many many others based on the feedback here on GTP.

I like yours better.. ClimaxF1's last few efforts have been very dark, silverstone looks terrible and too much saturation, looking cartoon like instead of realistic. Yours look natural, and LCS makes the trees and long distance look more natural. even the comparison photo he posted on the overtake download link page, it just looks cartoonish almost, while your drier colours look natural
Thanks for posting this because it helped me figure out something for what i'm doing on Mugello. I couldn't place my finger on what I didn't like about the changes I made, but after reading this, it hit me what was wrong. I had way too much contrast in the grass and trees and the track looked cartoonish. Lowering the contrast (and a little less saturation) on all of the grass and tree textures made a world of difference.

Last edited:

I don't think there's a right and wrong, with this many PP Filters, CSP settings and monitors around, but your tracks are spot on for me - I find the Climax ones too dark for my current settings, but I have seen other PP Filters where they work very well. I'm using C13 Aegis which is already a lot more 'contrasty' by default, but this also works really well with Sergio Loro's circuits and Zwiss' Crystal Palace (and frankly, your reworks, Sergio's and FatAlfie's are 90% of my time in game).

Some of the upscaled textures are a nice touch though.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Question: Is there any way to turn off these headlights that are on by default on the Abart 500 esse esse AI cars? Those are always on, no matter the settings.
20240717183428_1.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back