Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,617 comments
doesnt look photo realistic in your photo, but i am with you... i tried today the pyver 2024 extension on fn_hungaroring, and again the darkness and over saturation in textures. while rj_hungaroringACC looks sharper and nicer. i dont know which is more accurate for laser scanned surface, both seem relatively the same to drive
LCS has made CM screenshots in HDR very tricky. This was the best I could do with the color grading - I had to make some post shot adjustments. It looks much better in-game in HDR.

W.I.P Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10 (GT6 Model)
__custom_showroom_1721328950.jpg
__custom_showroom_1721328941.jpg
__custom_showroom_1721328955.jpg
__custom_showroom_1721328964.jpg

__custom_showroom_1720888634.jpg
Released : 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 LM

Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: Polyphony Digital
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: Polyphony Digital
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

I'm having a blast with a Hot Wheels car mod "Hot wheels: Rivited" by Taro Kitano (Presumebly)
(on Rainmaker's new 1970 Oval which is awesome btw)

but the GEAR doesn't show correctly... even when shifting , it remains showing "000000" instead of the actual gear:
View attachment 1370397

Any ideas how to fix?

This is what's in the digital_instruments.ini :

[ITEM_0]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.0001,0.031,-0.001
TYPE=GEAR
SIZE=0.02
COLOR=170,170,170,255
INTENSITY=1.0
FONT=audi_vln
VERSION=2
ALIGN=CENTER
was not expecting this but all i can say is:

ARE YOU READY FOR THE RACE OF A LIFETIME?!

I thought it could be a resolution problem because of everything getting smaller but that wouldn't explain the icons moving up and towards the center of the screen.
Have you perhaps changed the Windows Scaling setting on that machine?
I've had an instance where changes in scaling messed up the size of the parameter panel in the CM showroom, so now I have trust issues :)
In my case, all the apps are moved to the upper left corner of the left monitor... On one occasion they were even left partially off the screen, so I couldn't reposition them by dragging them with the mouse; I don't remember the details of how I did it, but I had to manually enter the coordinates of the apps to have them back on the screen and be able to operate them again with the mouse.

And I don't remember touching any of the Windows scaling settings, honestly... What I do remember are a couple of occasions in which, having installed some fairly old mods (a 2011 model Peugeot 107 and a formula school or something like, that I don't remember what it's called) and having tried them without problems a couple of laps, at driving them again some time later crashed the game, misconfigured the entire screen, without me having changed anything in the settings... Don't know if installing very old mods can "corrupt" the game, or something like that...

Mysteries of Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
In my case, all the apps are moved to the upper left corner of the left monitor... On one occasion they were even left partially off the screen, so I couldn't reposition them by dragging them with the mouse; I don't remember the details of how I did it, but I had to manually enter the coordinates of the apps to have them back on the screen and be able to operate them again with the mouse.

And I don't remember touching any of the Windows scaling settings, honestly... What I do remember are a couple of occasions in which, having installed some fairly old mods (a 2011 model Peugeot 107 and a formula school or something like, that I don't remember what it's called) and having tried them without problems a couple of laps, at driving them again some time later crashed the game, misconfigured the entire screen, without me having changed anything in the settings... Don't know if installing very old mods can "corrupt" the game, or something like that...

Mysteries of Assetto Corsa.
This is what I was talking about.

Screenshot 2024-07-20 151715.png

I thought at one time somehow the resolution had been changed and that was what caused the tiny font and the smaller icons. But should this resolution be ok?

How diplomatic... 🤭

I don't know if it's related, but in the last few days there have been a couple of CM updates...

This problem with moving app consoles has happened to me on several occasions, but I can't define if the cause is some corrupt mod, update or God knows what... It bothers me because I have to manually reposition everything on all the desktops I use... 😤
You can save the current layout as a preset in AC settings / App Windows / presets. Will save position, scale etc. then if it happens again, you just re-choose the preset and you're good to go.
Screenshot 2024-07-20 162434.jpg

... I thought at one time somehow the resolution had been changed and that was what caused the tiny font and the smaller icons. But should this resolution be ok?
It's possible that messing with these settings influences the problem we are talking about, but I configured my resolution when I mounted the three monitors and I haven't touched it since, and since then, the "app dance" has happened to me from time to time...

And I suppose you know that in theory, the resolution to choose in that Assetto Corsa Video section depends on the screen you are using (although it can be varied with rescaling and such, but that is another topic); the one showed in your screenshot will be correct if you play on a 4k monitor that has a refresh rate of 60 Hz...
You can save the current layout as a preset in AC settings / App Windows / presets. Will save position, scale etc. then if it happens again, you just re-choose the preset and you're good to go...
Oh my God, thanks, I don´t knew it... I'm dumber than Beavis and Butt-Head together... 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
You can save the current layout as a preset in AC settings / App Windows / presets. Will save position, scale etc. then if it happens again, you just re-choose the preset and you're good to go.
View attachment 1374127
I tried moving that bottom sliding scale to 120% just to see if that would help but it will not stay there even after saving it and hitting "set scale". It still goes back to 100% so I have no idea if 120% makes the apps larger like they used to be. But it's just the Kunos stuff that's been changed because my GT7 leader board stayed the same size.

it gives a virus warning. For your information.
I have updated the 7z file.
I have also attached the ZIP version to the Patreon post.
Hi. Thank you for this track, which is obviously a multi-layout track. Is it possible to make the other layouts driveable too? (by removing the road blocks and parked cars) Thank you very much.
Sorry, I have no plans to increase the layout of this Track.

Gumpert Apollo S 2010 Public Release!!...
A high-level mod, as always... although it seem to me that has some small drawbacks: when driving in first person, the door windows reflects the paint on the asphalt, which is a bit annoying. There is also a small gap between the rubber surround of the left window and the window frame.

And finally, something I discovered when admiring the detailed interior, while moving the image with the mouse; when driving offtrack, the textures of the gravel and grass "invade" the interior of the car floor... It's not something that bothers when driving with three monitors, because you can´t (or wants) look at the ground, but I guess that who use VR may find it distracting.

As always, thanks for sharing.

Released : 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 LM...
Ghosh!, that American V8 guttural growl stands up the hair in the back of your neck... Thanks for share!

By the way, if someone is bothered by the reflection of the asphalt on the inside of the windscreen banner, can add this...

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = 50_0
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR

... at the end of the ext_config.ini.

(Yep, I'm a little picky today...)

I'm frustrated again with Mugello so i'm releasing what i've done so far. Maybe someone can do something with it to make it better. My biggest problem is that it just looks too cartoonish right now and I can't seem to make it look more natural. If you want to try it, I would suggest you make backups of your current extension folder and the extension folder in the layout_f1_2020 directory. You might also consider backing up any vao patches you have for the track.

Mugello Mod

Couple of notes:
-- Keep the Addon Textures skin enabled and choose between one of the two Grass and Trees skins. One is warmer, one is cooler.
-- The road and ads skins are optional. The road skin will make the tarmac slightly darker. The ads skin just replaces the stock ads on the bridges, but there are better alternatives out there than mine.
-- For the Pyyer 2020 layout, extract the files from the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder and overwrite anything it asks.
-- As usual I included multiple config files to try and cater to different tastes. The two alternatives will either make the grass and trees lighter or darker. You just need to rename the files. There is also an alternative configs folder that uses a completely different shader setup. The biggest difference is what it does to the lighting on the tree tops as you can see in the two attached pictures. The alternative set also includes lighter and darker versions.

Default:
1.jpg

Alternate Config:
2.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1374107Released : 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 LM
hope u enjoy the Car
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
Is there any chance the UV mapping could be fixed to be more 2D skinning friendly? Don't really know how to do it myself, and i'd love to make liveries for this fella. But this looks really hard to work with :)

Other than that, Great work on the car. Sound is absolutely perfect for this car!
image_2024-07-21_042326111.png
image_2024-07-21_042341677.png

Last edited:
20240715-163138-jr_mosport_2020-mclaren_720s_gt3_evo_endurance.jpg

I had the pleasure of attending the race so I created a skin and thought I would share it for anyone interested. It's for Mosport 2021 by JohnR, version 3.0. This skin corrects the signage on the bridges and the more obvious billboards to the current 2024 Chevrolet Grand Prix, IMSA race. It's not 100% accurate, due to limitations of working in 2D with CM. But it's a noticeable improvement.
https://mega.nz/file/DpBD2Rja#tuVLt14ij7DsEwhMpCoFz785icGLgMubBo8TiMsP-S4

Enjoy!

doesnt look photo realistic in your photo, but i am with you... i tried today the pyver 2024 extension on fn_hungaroring, and again the darkness and over saturation in textures. while rj_hungaroringACC looks sharper and nicer. i dont know which is more accurate for laser scanned surface, both seem relatively the same to drive
What pp-filter are you using? Your screenshot looks a bit oversaturated on my screen.
It took a Finn to point this out. 🤣 I'm saving hair for a proper Bottas-look this summer.

View attachment 1374107Released : 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 LM
hope u enjoy the Car
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
i have a question, since i couldn't fin any info online on what class this car should be, for example, other for gran turismo converts i know that GR.3 is somewhat like GT3, and GR.1 are race prototype, so something about LMP1/LMH, in what category does this car fall in? is it more a GT3 or a GTE/GT2?

i have a question, since i couldn't fin any info online on what class this car should be, for example, other for gran turismo converts i know that GR.3 is somewhat like GT3, and GR.1 are race prototype, so something about LMP1/LMH, in what category does this car fall in? is it more a GT3 or a GTE/GT2?

The body of the car is derived from the racing C6.R variant, specifically from the FIA GT2 specification if one looks at the side exhausts.

From https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wik...olet Corvette ZR1 (C6,ZR1) and Gran Turismo 6.

Based on the year, the "LM" moniker and the (PD optimistic) 670 bhp, I'm going to put it in GT1.
The 2009 C6.R GT1 really had ~590 hp, and the GT2 was ~470.
The GTE class only evolved from GT2 in 2011.

Last edited:
HungaroringACC

My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track made to look the way I prefer. There are two versions you can try so please don't skip reading the rest of this post. Both are standalone versions so they won't mess with the original tracks and can easily be deleted if you don't care for my changes.

rj_hungaroringACC: My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track with too many changes to describe. I would suggest starting with this track to make sure you like the changes. If you do then I would delete this and download the track below.

Link: rj_hungaroringACC

rj_hungaroring: A standalone version of Fenryr's fn_hungaroring track made to look like the above rj_hungaroringACC track. Fenryr's version is far superior to what I did with the separate GT and F1 layouts, the compatibility with Pyyer's F1 2023 extension and other numerous improvements he made. I would highly suggest you use this version instead of mine, but that's your choice.

Now for the confusing part and I hope language barriers don't make this hard to understand. The changes I made to the rj_hungaroring track kind of messed up Pyyer's 2023 F1 mod for the track. If you use the Fenryr F1 2023 mod from Pyyer, I included the changed files needed in order for it too work properly. First you will want to install Pyyer's mod into the track folder. Then extract all the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_2023_mod' folder from the download package and overwrite when it asks.

Link: rj_hungaroring

Credits:
Original track: Tom Steel, Junshen Wu and Fenryr. Apologies to anyone else who may have been involved.
Sections file: @Quikslvr
AC_Crew files: @Kurt Woods
Crowd file: @ludwig6666
AI File: Thockard
Additional replay camera and one alternative lighting.ini file: @Gregz0r
Config changes, night lights setup and additional replay cameras: @CrisT86

Track skins:

There are a bunch of track skins you can use or delete if you don't need them. You can combine any of the skins together. The two Diffuse skins change the color tone of the grass a bit over the default look. They add progressively more blue tint. The Grass Dry, Grass Greenish and Grass Lush skins are self explanatory. The Seasonal Trees skin will change the tree textures to give a more seasonal accurate look. I.E., bare in the winter, semi leafless in the late fall, etc. The AC_Crew skins will change the pitlane crew objects to have series specific sponsors.

Notes:

-- The original track did not have a lighting.ini file. If you don't care for the lighting from the sun, go into the data folder for any of the layouts. Rename one of the included alternative lighting files to lighting.ini and see if you prefer one of the alternatives. I prefer the one named lighting_old from @Gregz0r .
-- As always, any shader value I changed from it's original value gets placed in the Shader Stuff section that you can edit to get a look you prefer.
-- If you find the trees lack shadow depth, open up the track's ext_config file and look for this section (it's near the bottom). Change it's ACTIVE state to 0:

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = trees?
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

View attachment 1347451
Link has been updated for the rj_hungaroring version to include support for Pyyer's F1 2024 layout. I think I did it right, but please let me know of any mistakes. He changed a lot of files in the common folder so I don't know how that might effect the F1 2023 layout. I'm assuming he set up everything so both mods still work the same. To avoid having to download the whole track again, just use the link below to get the updated F1 layout files.

Notes:

-- For the F1 2023\2024 layouts, install his extensions first into the rj_hungaroring folder. Then extract the files from the link below and overwrite anything it asks.

EDIT: Pulled for the moment.

Last edited:
Thanks for your work Joe, just tried it and noticed a problem with missing kerbs textures when using the Pyyer 2024 layout. Problem does not occur when using one of the original layouts.

Oh and to confirm, the skins would not work when using Pyyer's layout? I tried the grass and road ones while using his 2024 layout and it made no visibile differences.

EDIT:
Additional issue I've noticed, some of the trees clip with various elements oin the side of track. I'm guessing it is because in the 2024 layout Pyyer added elements which were not present before?

Overall I definitely like your work, thanks a lot. Your version combined with Pyyer's 2024 layout is really nice.
Just a few glitches to fix and a way to be able to use your skins and it would be perfect ;)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back