Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,737 comments
AC will last longer even with the release of AC EVO. Modders will keep modding it too for long time. AC is the most played game atm even it's already have more than 10years. Not everyone will have the right pc to handle the request of EVO.
honestly with the new updates to CSP it made AC even worst, 4 years ago my computer was able to play AC even with the new rain addon with no issues, now days i am lucky to have 40 cars on low at Daytona and still have the game move slow. 4 years ago i could do that with no issues.

honestly with the new updates to CSP it made AC even worst, 4 years ago my computer was able to play AC even with the new rain addon with no issues, now days i am lucky to have 40 cars on low at Daytona and still have the game move slow. 4 years ago i could do that with no issues.
Is a series of things that have changed. CSP, SOL or PURE, Modded cars, Modded tracks. All of them are demanding in a different way.
To be honest, during the years i noticed the exact opposite thing. By using trusted car mods, trusted tracks (most of them with my scratch made own config) and SOL i have great FPS and performance without issues.

Last edited:
W.I.P. Lola B2K/00
__custom_showroom_1723664805.jpg
__custom_showroom_1723664815.jpg
__custom_showroom_1723664849.jpg
__custom_showroom_1723664856.jpg

Last edited:
Many people always forget that the majority of people have a not so good PC and EVO needs a good one to look nice, so they maybe don't switch, like me e.g.
Mods are now being created even in 2024, for the Sims1, GTA San Andreas and other old games because most of the PCs are too bad and the community still survives, no matter what.

In addition, mods will continue to be made for both AC games, it's clear that just because AC Evo comes out, not everyone will jump ship, never, AC will always exist.

Last edited:
Sometimes it seems like there are people who think that we can only play one racing game. In my case, I would be happy to play AC some days, and other days another game like AC EVO. In fact, if it weren't for AMS2 having such bad physics and worse FFB, I would play them both. And for that same reason, I wouldn't mind AC EVO being a game like AMS2 but with good physics and FFB even if it doesn't support modding. For modding we already have AC, so what's the point of expecting AC EVO to be a rehash of AC.

HungaroringACC

My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track made to look the way I prefer. There are two versions you can try so please don't skip reading the rest of this post. Both are standalone versions so they won't mess with the original tracks and can easily be deleted if you don't care for my changes.

rj_hungaroringACC: My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track with too many changes to describe. I would suggest starting with this track to make sure you like the changes. If you do then I would delete this and download the track below.

Link: rj_hungaroringACC

rj_hungaroring: A standalone version of Fenryr's fn_hungaroring track made to look like the above rj_hungaroringACC track. Fenryr's version is far superior to what I did with the separate GT and F1 layouts, the compatibility with Pyyer's F1 2023 extension and other numerous improvements he made. I would highly suggest you use this version instead of mine, but that's your choice.

Now for the confusing part and I hope language barriers don't make this hard to understand. The changes I made to the rj_hungaroring track kind of messed up Pyyer's 2023 F1 mod for the track. If you use the Fenryr F1 2023 mod from Pyyer, I included the changed files needed in order for it too work properly. First you will want to install Pyyer's mod into the track folder. Then extract all the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_2023_mod' folder from the download package and overwrite when it asks.

Link: rj_hungaroring

Credits:
Original track: Tom Steel, Junshen Wu and Fenryr. Apologies to anyone else who may have been involved.
Sections file: @Quikslvr
AC_Crew files: @Kurt Woods
Crowd file: @ludwig6666
AI File: Thockard
Additional replay camera and one alternative lighting.ini file: @Gregz0r
Config changes, night lights setup and additional replay cameras: @CrisT86

Track skins:

There are a bunch of track skins you can use or delete if you don't need them. You can combine any of the skins together. The two Diffuse skins change the color tone of the grass a bit over the default look. They add progressively more blue tint. The Grass Dry, Grass Greenish and Grass Lush skins are self explanatory. The Seasonal Trees skin will change the tree textures to give a more seasonal accurate look. I.E., bare in the winter, semi leafless in the late fall, etc. The AC_Crew skins will change the pitlane crew objects to have series specific sponsors.

Notes:

-- The original track did not have a lighting.ini file. If you don't care for the lighting from the sun, go into the data folder for any of the layouts. Rename one of the included alternative lighting files to lighting.ini and see if you prefer one of the alternatives. I prefer the one named lighting_old from @Gregz0r .
-- As always, any shader value I changed from it's original value gets placed in the Shader Stuff section that you can edit to get a look you prefer.
-- If you find the trees lack shadow depth, open up the track's ext_config file and look for this section (it's near the bottom). Change it's ACTIVE state to 0:

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = trees?
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

View attachment 1347451
Both links have been updated to new versions with a really stupid change, but it was something that always bugged me. I finally got around to fixing it for myself and figured I would post it for anyone interested. If this didn't bother you, you can skip this update because nothing else has changed.

-- Separated the meshes on the transmission towers so I could isolate the wires and apply the @Masscot cable fix. Now they don't look so blocky and jagged.
-- Fixed the missing digital lights on the rj_hungaroring version.

Someone asked a week or so ago if I was planning to update my rj_hungaroring version with Fenryr's new 1.3 version of the track and I forgot to respond. It is basically complete, but I need to run a few races on each layout to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Last edited:
Both links have been updated to new versions with a really stupid change, but it was something that always bugged me. I finally got around to fixing it for myself and figured I would post it for anyone interested. If this didn't bother you, you can skip this update because nothing else has changed.

-- Separated the meshes on the transmission towers so I could isolate the wires and apply the @Masscot cable fix. Now they didn't look so blocky and jagged.
I can appreciate this kind of passion.

Last edited:
Sometimes it seems like there are people who think that we can only play one racing game. In my case, I would be happy to play AC some days, and other days another game like AC EVO. In fact, if it weren't for AMS2 having such bad physics and worse FFB, I would play them both. And for that same reason, I wouldn't mind AC EVO being a game like AMS2 but with good physics and FFB even if it doesn't support modding. For modding we already have AC, so what's the point of expecting AC EVO to be a rehash of AC.
because of certain things, like maybe they will add timed races, maybe better random weather support, AI could be updated to allow better racing for multiclass racing, etc....

Safer races and less dumb overtakes gone wrong for RT Oulton Park 1.7 International 2022 layout. (rt_oulton_park)

Let me know how it goes, try some big v8 things. you can pump up the aggression setting, now.
You know you want to race v8s, even in your bathroom.

UPDATE: it still needs to be a bit tighter, will look into it later.
I think I'm done here...file updated.

Gone from 10 DNFs per race to hardly one.
Oh, the power of [DANGER_X] zones in ai_hints.ini

Power GIF

The Gt1s like it there :)

Oh, and Buon Ferragosto to all paisàs and to anyone wishing to partake.

Last edited:
I think I'm done here...file updated.

Gone from 10 DNFs per race to hardly one.
Oh, the power of [DANGER_X] zones in ai_hints.ini

Power GIF

The Gt1s like it there :)

Oh, and Buon Ferragosto to all paisàs and to anyone wishing to partake.
It is a secret weapon. I used maybe 25-30 zones in my DC Street Circuit AI - similar numbers for the few other projects I'm working on (too lazy/busy to finish... :gtpflag:)

Even the best modders out there, like JohnR and LilSki, don't use it enough. It can dramatically improve AI racing.

Now if only Ilja would focus less on gravel/Rally and more on AI behaviors...

Last edited:
X90
It is a secret weapon. I used maybe 25-30 zones in my DC Street Circuit AI - similar numbers for the few other projects I'm working on (too lazy/busy to finish... :gtpflag:)

Even the best modders out there, like JohnR and LilSki, don't use it enough. It can dramatically improve AI racing.

Now if only Ilja would focus less on gravel/Rally and more on AI behaviors...
Not counting Nuzzi's which is recent history, basic racing rules missing in a racing simulator, Kunos never had them in and so will CSP. Since 2014 people are racing this thing in a broken fashion or just online. Or hotlapping. Or not racing at all. Or not driving at all.
If this isn't the best comedy.
And, what @giorgos_nes wrote.

Oh no, the best is people already vouching for EVO.

It wouldn't hurt having at least some info about what those different engine maps are, though...
Hi ! ;)

I want to thank you again for your help, now I mapped as well my wheel.

So and you are aware about it, there wasn't any information in the PDF about it.
For our community, the 3 engine maps for this car are :
  • 0 (the default one)
  • 1 (more "power")
  • 2 (full "power")

From my side on the vanilla Mugello track, I noticed a gap around 0,7" between the 0 and 2.

Cheers.:cheers:

Anyone have some recommended tutorials for 3D Skinning on Photoshop for AC? I've created a ton of 2D skins so I am very familiar, but since RSS releases 3D templates for their cars, this is probably a good time to learn since it feels like I'm playing the guessing game a lot of the time with the 2D

I'm converting a full grid of custom F4 cars I made from their old Mygale to their 2024 and the mapping is much more complicated than it used to be lol

Released : Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R '99
Author:F302
3D Model: Polyphony Digital
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302 (Body Mapping)
3d work:F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
PP filer GT_Sport 1.4

knowing bugs: shift animation

have fun!

To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/36gmnruhyzn0vhz/f302_nissan_r34_gt500.zip/file

View attachment 1308533View attachment 1308534
Does anyone know, if there are skins for this version?

Anyone have some recommended tutorials for 3D Skinning on Photoshop for AC? I've created a ton of 2D skins so I am very familiar, but since RSS releases 3D templates for their cars, this is probably a good time to learn since it feels like I'm playing the guessing game a lot of the time with the 2D

I'm converting a full grid of custom F4 cars I made from their old Mygale to their 2024 and the mapping is much more complicated than it used to be lol
@MikeontheMic 3D templates in photoshop works as 2D ones, with the difference that they can provide live result on the 3D model.

Be aware that on newer version of Photoshop 3Dsupport is discontinued because Adobe wants you to use their "new", separately paid even on the full plan, tool called Substance (Stager, Painter, Sampler and Designer).

This is a 100% true info since in real life i'm a brand and graphic designer and i use Adobe stuff on daily basis and i pay the, expensive license, every month for the joy of my bank account :lol:

Last edited:
Does anyone know, if there are skins for this version?
Yes. There's one. AND, it's the 1999 championship-winning car 🤪

jk,jk... No, not that I've found. Mind you, this is the AO, so that would explain the dearth.

132.png

PS. Please don't nag @JK1977, he's busy making many, many majicks for us 🤣

Attachments

• 132.png
    132.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi everyone.
I’m facing to a visual issue with the 1998 Mclaren MP4/13 made by Virtual Simulazioni and updated by Ponz.
It appears when using AC alone or with Content Manager and CSP.

When the camera is far from the car, the driver head is not correctly positioned (looking to the ground) :
1723739108995.png

Then when the car is close enough to the camera, the driver model is updated and you can see the helmet correctly positioned.
1723739155203.png

In content manager, the car preview picture shows the same problem.
Using the CM_showroom , I moved the driver vertically to understand its positioning.

Default one :
1723739242786.png

Comparison with the F2004 by Kunos:
1723739301126.png

Comparison with the F399:
1723739329993.png

The default driver is not good, his head is really looking to the ground.

I know there is a solution to correct it with Content manager by deactivating the option “limit some things if there are a lot of cars” in the Content Manager menu : Custom Shaders Patch/General settings/CPU optimization.

This solution works but it‘s kind of a workaround, not totally satisfying.

Do you guys know how to correct or replace this default driver?

Some ineffective tests I've made below :

First, modifying the choice of the driver model in the “driver3d.ini” file does not change anything. I tried with several driver models, the result was always the same.

Secondly, I tried to modify the use of lods by changing the camera distances in the “lods.ini” file, to force the use of the most detailed lod, but it still changed nothing.

Thanks for your help!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back