Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,473 comments
What an amazing little car. Great stuff, @rnoir. Thanks!
The very small driver looked quite odd in VR so I swapped in a full-size one for you to test if you want to, which also needed a new shift animation. I also fixed the hand/wheel synch and adjusted the shift preload and timing.
He sits lower in the seat so the current harness isn't a great fit, I'm afraid. Looks much better in VR though, with his feet now reaching the pedals.
Somebody mentioned the LODs, so I redid those too if you're interested.
The internal door panels were reflecting the road so I moved those to cockpit_HR in the config.
Attached is not the complete car, it's ONLY the new steer.ksanim, new shift.ksanim, new driver3d.ini, new lods.ini, new lods B, C and D kn5s, and your ext_config.ini with the addition for the internal door panels. So backup first, and add the files manually, overwriting when asked.
Feel free to use any of it if you want, or ignore it completely. :)
Anyway, hope this helps, and thanks again for such a wonderful little beast.

Edit: ignore the config, I thought it stopped the door panel reflections but apparently not.

Thank you Masscot!
I am very interested in the new driver, I will test it when I have access to my wheel again.
I have already made new LODS in anticipation of a future update. I also fixed the reflection problem with the internal parts of the doors, it seems to work.
Thanks for your work!

Last edited:
guys i need some help.

just received a psvr2 PC PC adapter, but it looks less than crap compared to hpreverb g1 on assetto corsa, any tips?

using a 4080, 12th gen CPU i7, 32 gb ram, most yt videos are with 4090.

Last edited:
Automotodrom Brno extensive overhaul v2.0

View attachment 1380342

Masaryk Circuit - Brno, Czech Republic https://www.automotodrombrno.cz/en/
Note: skins created for any pre-v2.0 versions may no longer work correctly.
Track originally ported from Race '07 (SimBin Studios) by Sneer/Malagoli.
V2.0 overhaul August 2024:
  • Start line position corrected; start lights/clock/lap counter/session timer added; new billboard models added; new sponsors added; animated jumbotrons added.
  • Camera-facing spectators and animated flag-waving spectators added.
  • Marshals, TV vans, recovery trucks, camera cranes and cameramen added.
  • Crowd and pitlane audio added.
  • Physical road mesh and groove added; sausage kerbs and green runoffs added.
  • Redundant treewalls removed; floating trees fixed; new trees planted.
  • CSP animated flags added to pit buildings and grandstands.
  • Animated helicopters, blimp, hot-air balloons, and distant airliners added.
  • Night lighting and basic RainFX added.
  • New AI line created; sections added; loading logo added.
  • Various textures and shader values revised; various ClimaxF1 hi-res textures added; various normals fixed; various new textures created; various models fixed.

Thanks to all contributors - this was a real team effort:
Sneer, Rafael Malagoli, Inori, Sliderman, Mascot, Shi, Pugsang, RMi, leBluem, macko68, Gunnar333, & mteam.
thanks a lot mate! much appreciated for a much underrated track imo

guys i need some help.

just received a psvr2 PC PC adapter, but it looks less than crap compared to hpreverb g1 on assetto corsa, any tips?

using a 4080, 12th gen CPU i7, 32 gb ram, most yt videos are with 4090.

Last edited:
... 3D trees was a mistake.
sheldon-cooper.gif

By the way, I join in the congratulations for the return of Masscot... :cheers:

RT 2.0? Btw there is some issue with cars floating over the track and don´t touch the ground quite properly. Not on every sector but on few.
Not RTv2 as such, more like Band Aid circa 1984 but with worse dress sense and less cocaine. I won't make the obvious joke... I've only been back for five minutes and my smacked botty is still sore.
Thanks for the report re the levitating cars. Not sure how we missed that. A lot of work was done in not only creating a physical mesh with good feedback, but also making sure it synchronised with the visual road. Something's obviously gone squiffy somewhere.
This area obviously needs attention, but you mentioned some others?

1723491907806.png

Since we're talking Usual Suspects and recent 2.0 tracks...acu Miami Bayside always had this weird double thing here and it's still there.

Flying bit.
miami.jpg

Flying higher bit.
miami2.jpg

Anyone knows how to tweak Nuzzi Yellow Flag app values'?
LUA debug app and then?

View attachment 1380342

• Start line position corrected; start lights/clock/lap counter/session timer added; new billboard models added; new sponsors added; animated jumbotrons added.
  • Various textures and shader values revised; various ClimaxF1 hi-res textures added; various normals fixed; various new textures created; various models fixed.

Sneer, Rafael Malagoli, Inori, Sliderman, Mascot, Shi, Pugsang, RMi, leBluem, macko68, Gunnar333, & mteam.
Welcome back!

Similar question to the Miami Bayside update - how much of Climax's Texture update has been folded into this new version, and is his texture pack still necessary/compatible with this version?

Cheers for this long list of work, I'll have a look this weekend.

X90
Welcome back!

Similar question to the Miami Bayside update - how much of Climax's Texture update has been folded into this new version, and is his texture pack still necessary/compatible with this version?

Cheers for this long list of work, I'll have a look this weekend.
Lots of CF1 textures were used, but quite a few are brand new or higher resolution. Full compatibility with previous skins is no longer possible due to many kn5 changes so I really wouldn't recommend using them as you might get weird results. I noted this in the UI.

View attachment 1380342

I think that issue some have reported with cars floating just above various tracks may be a bug with the latest CSP. I've noticed it on a number of tracks since the last update.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that issue some have reported with cars floating just above various tracks may be a bug with the latest CSP. I've noticed it on a number of tracks since the last update.
Ah, interesting. Good to know. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, interesting. Good to know. Thanks.
Just as one example, if you take the Jidé out on a lap of RT Sonoma, you can see it clearly in a replay. I've not noticed it happening there in the past.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I just checked with the Kunos AMG GT3 and then the Lotus Evora GTC and RSS GT Ferruccio 55 V12 and they all do it too, so it's not just the Jidé. It's any car.

Last edited:
Just as one example, if you take the Jidé out on a lap of RT Sonoma, you can see it clearly in a replay. I've not noticed it happening there in the past.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I just checked with the Kunos AMG GT3 and then the Lotus Evora GTC and RSS GT Ferruccio 55 V12 and they all do it too, so it's not just the Jidé. It's any car.
Truck as well??

Ok so I have this problem with most the skins I have for the car, how can I create the file myself?
Agree - many liveries have similar issues with CM previews (that is, number-boards not showing). However, all is OK in-game mode.

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) amongst others, is the software I use for liveries and it's free.
A review of RSS liveries only, reveals skins could be made in two ways:

1) showing the number-board in CM (file: EXT_HR2.dds) or,
2) not showing but instead, displaying the illuminated number-board for night-racing (file: Number_Plates_Mask.dds)

option_1
option_1.png

option_2
option_2.png

Therefore, it seems some personal livery-creators may have got it wrong and you may see a download-update to address this issue.

Alternatively, and as mentioned in previous posts, use the CSP final render function to generate CM previews that will show number-boards.

Logbook - Houston, we have a solution (maybe this thing was already known but if in doubt I'll write this mini guide).

For all those who would like to create sounds from scratch but have difficulty finding suitable samples and you don't have Adobe Audition, there is a solution: Reaper.

This DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) has a feature called pitch envelope which works similarly to Audition's pitch bend. Simply load the sample you recorded into the software and follow the following steps:

1) double click on the track and untick the item circled in the picture 1;
2) right click on the track > take > take pitch envelope;
3) right click on the pitch line and add the necessary points according to the track;
4) manage the line in order to obtain a uniform pitch;

Remember to set the envelope range to 10 or 12 semitones (options > preferences, picture 2). In my case the range is 16 but 10/12 is enough. Reaper is offered with an initial trial period of 60 days, but re-downloading the software resets the counter (at least as far as I tried it worked). :cheers:

Obviously the sample must be adapted so that it can be played in a loop, so the good audacity must still be used before bringing everything into Fmod.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.png
    2.png
    20 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Not RTv2 as such, more like Band Aid circa 1984 but with worse dress sense and less cocaine. I won't make the obvious joke... I've only been back for five minutes and my smacked botty is still sore.
Thanks for the report re the levitating cars. Not sure how we missed that. A lot of work was done in not only creating a physical mesh with good feedback, but also making sure it synchronised with the visual road. Something's obviously gone squiffy somewhere.
This area obviously needs attention, but you mentioned some others?

View attachment 1380434
Yapp, confirmed, most of the infield is suffering from this.

Yapp, confirmed, most of the infield is suffering from this.
By 'infield', you mean most of the track? Certainly not seeing that. The area I highlighted can be seen when following other cars but I can't easily see other areas of concern. Maybe CSP version or CSP settings is contributing to the effect? There are newish groove settings, for example. Maybe they're bugged. Latest CSP is not the most stable by many accounts.

Last edited:
Safer races and less dumb overtakes gone wrong for RT Oulton Park 1.7 International 2022 layout. (rt_oulton_park)

Let me know how it goes, try some big v8 things. you can pump up the aggression setting, now.
You know you want to race v8s, even in your bathroom.

UPDATE: it still needs to be a bit tighter, will look into it later.

Last edited:

View attachment 1380342

Thanks to the team. And.....
gulag.jpg

Logbook - Houston, we have a solution (maybe this thing was already known but if in doubt I'll write this mini guide).

For all those who would like to create sounds from scratch but have difficulty finding suitable samples and you don't have Adobe Audition, there is a solution: Reaper.

This DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) has a feature called pitch envelope which works similarly to Audition's pitch bend. Simply load the sample you recorded into the software and follow the following steps:

1) double click on the track and untick the item circled in the picture 1;
2) right click on the track > take > take pitch envelope;
3) right click on the pitch line and add the necessary points according to the track;
4) manage the line in order to obtain a uniform pitch;

Remember to set the envelope range to 10 or 12 semitones (options > preferences, picture 2). In my case the range is 16 but 10/12 is enough. Reaper is offered with an initial trial period of 60 days, but re-downloading the software resets the counter (at least as far as I tried it worked). :cheers:

Obviously the sample must be adapted so that it can be played in a loop, so the good audacity must still be used before bringing everything into Fmod.
Thanks
I’m in the search for a simple explanation on how to implement audio in track sections. Like the typical tool sounds in the pit, yelling spectators at the grand stand and the circuit announcer at the start.
Of course only by using free software, :rolleyes:
Any easy tutorial links?

Thanks
I’m in the search for a simple explanation on how to implement audio in track sections. Like the typical tool sounds in the pit, yelling spectators at the grand stand and the circuit announcer at the start.
Any easy tutorial links?
Unfortunately I've never worked on tracks, but if I find something I'll let you know

Thanks
Any easy tutorial links?
In order to create the audio, you can use whatever software you want. Then you need the proper tool to convert it to .bank file which is required to AC. Then, implement it by following this: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Audio

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back