Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,740 comments
Work is going much faster than I thought (I attach some screens as usual). But there's a problem: the GTR and the M have the exhausts in two different positions. Is there a way to manage the flames in relation to the location of the exhaust? I mean I would like them to come out only where the exhaust is, based on the version. It would be a shame to have to remove them :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-56-18.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-56-18.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-56-13.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-56-13.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-56-3.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-56-3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-55-42.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-55-42.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-55-38.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rj_imola_2024_15-7-124-12-55-38.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi everyone.
I’m facing to a visual issue with the 1998 Mclaren MP4/13 made by Virtual Simulazioni and updated by Ponz.
It appears when using AC alone or with Content Manager and CSP.

When the camera is far from the car, the driver head is not correctly positioned (looking to the ground) :
View attachment 1381233
Then when the car is close enough to the camera, the driver model is updated and you can see the helmet correctly positioned.
View attachment 1381234

In content manager, the car preview picture shows the same problem.
Using the CM_showroom , I moved the driver vertically to understand its positioning.

Default one :
View attachment 1381235
Comparison with the F2004 by Kunos:
View attachment 1381236
Comparison with the F399:
View attachment 1381237

The default driver is not good, his head is really looking to the ground.

I know there is a solution to correct it with Content manager by deactivating the option “limit some things if there are a lot of cars” in the Content Manager menu : Custom Shaders Patch/General settings/CPU optimization.

This solution works but it‘s kind of a workaround, not totally satisfying.

Do you guys know how to correct or replace this default driver?

Some ineffective tests I've made below :

First, modifying the choice of the driver model in the “driver3d.ini” file does not change anything. I tried with several driver models, the result was always the same.

Secondly, I tried to modify the use of lods by changing the camera distances in the “lods.ini” file, to force the use of the most detailed lod, but it still changed nothing.

Thanks for your help!
@shi posted a fix few months ago, search in the forum, you'll find it easier

Subaru Impreza WRX STI spec C 2009 Public Release!!
Download:https://sharemods.com/hxye3davvht3/sti_spec_c_2009_101creative.zip.html
Converted From GT6
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@Mascot,and others
Garage ACTK help:
-COCKPIT_HR updated
-Add LODs
-Update collider.kn5

Screenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-18-2-31.jpgScreenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-18-2-8.jpgScreenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-18-1-18.jpgScreenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-18-0-26.jpgScreenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-17-59-55.jpgScreenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-17-59-31.jpgScreenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-17-58-50.jpgScreenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-17-58-26.jpgScreenshot_sti_spec_c_2009_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_15-7-124-17-58-21.jpg

Work is going much faster than I thought (I attach some screens as usual). But there's a problem: the GTR and the M have the exhausts in two different positions. Is there a way to manage the flames in relation to the location of the exhaust? I mean I would like them to come out only where the exhaust is, based on the version. It would be a shame to have to remove them :confused:
you can adjust the flame position in CM, what i have done before lets say there is 4 flames coming out and i want only 1, i take the full .ini file (with 1 exhaust flame from another car) and then change the position in CM showroom.

i may be missing what you mean if i do i apologise. pretty drunk so my head is mush right now.

You can move the flames position in the showroom. just select the flames in the showroom menu and press "T", then you can move the flames to the position you want. then you can save the new moved position points.

Edit: just saw maximeerkat already answered the same😅

Last edited:
has someone here a rain fx for the melbourne tracks?
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = $PUDDLES__track, asp-grp, asp-pitlane, Road_out, pitlane, Toppa_asp, green_tarmac
PUDDLES_MESHES =
SOAKING_MATERIALS = $SOAKING__track, asp-grp, asp-pitlane, Road_out, pitlane, Toppa_asp, green_tarmac
SOAKING_MESHES =
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = $SMOOTH__track, marquee_lrg_a, marquee_med_a
SMOOTH_MESHES =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = $ROUGH__track , mel_infield_b_01_d, Bordo_erba,Sand, wsmdry_drt!0
LINES_MATERIALS = $LINES__track, uvrmblea_c, uvyellow_line, decal_lines_white, Striscia_PIT, decal_lines, Cherb
RELIEF_MATERIALS = $RELIEF__track
STREAM_EDGE =
STREAM_POINT =

You can move the flames position in the showroom. just select the flames in the showroom menu and press "T", then you can move the flames to the position you want. then you can save the new moved position points.

And I'm here, changing their position in data files on xyz axis, on just pure guess, until it's correct.

How much time have I wasted with everything I didn't knew when I should, seriously...
I Give Up GIF

@MikeontheMic 3D templates in photoshop works as 2D ones, with the difference that they can provide live result on the 3D model.

Be aware that on newer version of Photoshop 3Dsupport is discontinued because Adobe wants you to use their "new", separately paid even on the full plan, tool called Substance (Stager, Painter, Sampler and Designer).

This is a 100% true info since in real life i'm a brand and graphic designer and i use Adobe stuff on daily basis and i pay the, expensive license, every month for the joy of my bank account :lol:
Thanks! Welp there goes that idea lol. ****** that Adobe is doing this, just Adobe being Adobe I guess :boggled:

Last edited:
Automotodrom Brno extensive overhaul v2.0

View attachment 1380342

Masaryk Circuit - Brno, Czech Republic https://www.automotodrombrno.cz/en/
Note: skins created for any pre-v2.0 versions may no longer work correctly.
Track originally ported from Race '07 (SimBin Studios) by Sneer/Malagoli.
V2.0 overhaul August 2024:
  • Complete texture rework by ClimaxF1, including new trees
  • Start line position corrected; start lights/clock/lap counter/session timer added; new billboard models added; new sponsors added; animated jumbotrons added.
  • Camera-facing spectators and animated flag-waving spectators added.
  • Marshals, TV vans, recovery trucks, camera cranes and cameramen added.
  • Crowd and pitlane audio added.
  • Physical road mesh and groove added; sausage kerbs and green runoffs added.
  • Redundant treewalls removed; floating trees fixed; new trees planted.
  • CSP animated flags added to pit buildings and grandstands.
  • Animated helicopters, blimp, hot-air balloons, and distant airliners added.
  • Night lighting and basic RainFX added.
  • New AI line created; sections added; loading logo added.
  • Various textures and shader values revised; various normals fixed; various new textures created; various models fixed.

Thanks to all contributors - this was a real team effort:
Sneer, Rafael Malagoli, Inori, Sliderman, Mascot, Shi, Pugsang, RMi, leBluem, macko68, Gunnar333, mteam, and ClimaxF1.
Just a heads-up, we have an update to Brno scheduled in the next few days, including:
  • brand new physical road mesh, perfectly synchronised with the visual road to eliminate any areas where wheels previously floated
  • reinstating missing trackside banners that were erroneously hidden by a legacy test config, used during replacement of the flat crowds with the new cam-facing versions
  • new Czech/Brno artwork to adboards and banners, and reworks of previous sponsor artwork
  • lighting config update
  • various other texture/shader/config tweaks in various other areas
  • various instances of z-fighting, clipping and flickering resolved.

Last edited:
Hey Quick question but is there an easy way if I like the sound of another car to make Its sound bank the sound bank of another car. But like not the CM version as when I share the mod I would then have to package that car.

Hey Quick question but is there an easy way if I like the sound of another car to make Its sound bank the sound bank of another car. But like not the CM version as when I share the mod I would then have to package that car.
Using CM to replace the SFX of car A with that of car B, actually copies the files from B to A, renaming/over-writing/editing them.
It's not required to ship both A and B to share the mods afterwards.
Indeed, because it's an overwrite, I always make a backup copy of the original bank and guids files, first.

Last edited:
Both links have been updated to new versions with a really stupid change, but it was something that always bugged me. I finally got around to fixing it for myself and figured I would post it for anyone interested. If this didn't bother you, you can skip this update because nothing else has changed.

-- Separated the meshes on the transmission towers so I could isolate the wires and apply the @Masscot cable fix. Now they don't look so blocky and jagged.
-- Fixed the missing digital lights on the rj_hungaroring version.

Someone asked a week or so ago if I was planning to update my rj_hungaroring version with Fenryr's new 1.3 version of the track and I forgot to respond. It is basically complete, but I need to run a few races on each layout to make sure I didn't miss anything.
As always, love your work, man, many thanks 👍

Related: The hamster wheel nevah stops 🤣

Thanks! Welp there goes that idea lol. ****** that Adobe is doing this, just Adobe being Adobe I guess :boggled:
They advantage themselves of being the reference point for professionist like me. There's alternatives for sure, but not for everything and if you may need to collaborate with others professional figures they are not the industry standards tools like Adobe is.

BTW if you have a paid plan, try to install older version of Photoshop (don't know to be honest if you can still install a version that still support 3D).

I admire your ability to accept help and constructive critisism, making an already great mod even better! I was about to call it a community effort, but the honour is all yours, sir. This is the way.
Constructive criticisms allow us to progress. This community is really fantastic!

@rnoir I have an issue with a freezing left screen in the pits...
Are you using the latest version? Update 1.1.1 has just been released.

pretty drunk so my head is mush right now
As long as you're having fun mate, don't worry 😂

Anyway, thanks to both of you for replying. But by doing this all four flames should be visible, right? I would like to find a way, if possible, to display only the set suitable for the Z3 configuration (only the four back ones for the M version and only the two side ones for the GTR version) :confused:

Barcelona 1994 v1.01

Screenshot_slang_mercedes_500e_barcelona_1994_17-5-124-15-10-56.jpg

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya with 1994 layout.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-40 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by F1-S-R (ASR)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and Sections file by @Fanapryde
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Connor - Timonike.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

Added Sections file by Fanapryde. (Thanks)
Fixed tire chicane. (Thanks Tibi for the report.)
Updated ai_hints.ini and ext_config.ini.

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

Last edited:
As long as you're having fun mate, don't worry 😂

Anyway, thanks to both of you for replying. But by doing this all four flames should be visible, right? I would like to find a way, if possible, to display only the set suitable for the Z3 configuration (only the four back ones for the M version and only the two side ones for the GTR version) :confused:
How are you executing the two different versions? Just skins? Is there some MODEL_REPLACEMENT that you're doing to show/hide side/rear pipes, in a skin-specific ext_config.ini?

One option is to use something like AC Car Tuner to make a seperate, child car of one of them. Then move the flames for each, as required.

Else, if you're using a skin-specific config, you might be able to use a DATA_OVERIDE? (<< this is witchcraft to me, but I see people do stuff in this way)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back