Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,486 comments
How are you executing the two different versions? Just skins? Is there some MODEL_REPLACEMENT that you're doing to show/hide side/rear pipes, in a skin-specific ext_config.ini?

One option is to use something like AC Car Tuner to make a seperate, child car of one of them. Then move the flames for each, as required.

Else, if you're using a skin-specific config, you might be able to use a DATA_OVERIDE? (<< this is witchcraft to me, but I see people do stuff in this way)
So, now I'll explain. BEM created two separate versions, one for the M coupe and one for the GTR. I started working on the M coupé because at the beginning I was only aiming for the 2003 FIA GT version. With just two modifications you can also create the GTR version directly on the M coupé, so that's what I did. In fact, in blender, I created two specific categories in order to choose easily the version you want (see the screen). Let's say I didn't want to do the job twice on both models, keeping everything with just one model is a little more convenient. Via ext_config you can choose one or the other version, specific rims for the GTR version will also be included shortly.

Alternatively I will necessarily have to create two separate models.

1723810891544.png

shi
Barcelona 1994 v1.0

View attachment 1381434
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya with 1994 layout.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-40 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by F1-S-R (ASR)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Connor - Timonike.

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

Sections file for 1994 track

Attachments

• sections.ini
    609 bytes · Views: 3
Hi !

It's about the VRC McLaren MP4/22.

The driver position is not correct (I'm talking about the last version 1.2 and the previous by the way) in the preview.
28fmi6.png

And on the track in AC, the driver position is also not correct.
eog3xy.png

qw0ccj.png

3htj8c.png

ap8ms3.png

Pics of the real car on track
s329px.jpg

qo411z.png

View with the CM Showroom because I tried to put the driver position better
q96lx1.png

Is someone with talent corrected it and could share the kn "driver position", please ?

Thanks a lot for your help. ;)

I am looking for Circuit de Ledenon, from JCLBC (?) discord, is someone able to provide a working invitation to their discord? I tried to get a response also via their youtube channel but without luck.

Hi !

It's about the VRC McLaren MP4/22.

The driver position is not correct (I'm talking about the last version 1.2 and the previous by the way) in the preview.
28fmi6.png

And on the track in AC, the driver position is also not correct.
eog3xy.png

qw0ccj.png

3htj8c.png

ap8ms3.png

Pics of the real car on track
s329px.jpg

qo411z.png

View with the CM Showroom because I tried to put the driver position better
q96lx1.png

Is someone with talent corrected it and could share the kn "driver position", please ?

Thanks a lot for your help. ;)
For me, it´s fine. Maybe reset your CSP?

1723818781383.png

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 1381462
Thanks a lot for your help !

Well, It seems a long long time the car stills with this problem, a lot of version of CM and CSP existed and used... how can I reset my CSP please in CM ?
It could be very interesting if a total refresh could be possible anyway. :bowdown:

Cheers. :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your help !

Well, It seems a long long time the car stills with this problem, a lot of version of CM and CSP existed and used... how can I reset my CSP please in CM ?
It could be very interesting if a total refresh could be possible anyway. :bowdown:

The easiest way is to go to your Documents folder and rename the extension folder found in Assetto Corsa/cfg.
Restart CM and a new extension folder will be created, resetting all the previous made changes in CSP.

(Your previous settings are still in the renamed extension folder in case you want to switch back to your old settings.)

AF RF1 - v1.0

bgr_00.jpg

bgr_02.jpg

"AF RF1 is a very fun and flowing circuit dedicated to rFactor"

features:
  • 36 pit/grid with AI
  • animated spinning things
  • live scoreboard
  • non rFactor skin included
  • VAO, RainFx etc (CSP is required)

credits:
  • original track by afdelta, conversion to Assetto Corsa by @RMi_wood
  • physical road mesh, 3d rework fixing double sided objects by @pugsang
  • live scoreboard, camera_facing mesh, extra camera, grid extension, misc by @shi
  • sections.ini by @Fanapryde
  • beta testing by the above contributers along with @Masscot and @Breathe

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
AF RF1 - v1.0

View attachment 1381487
View attachment 1381488
"AF RF1 is a very fun and flowing circuit dedicated to rFactor"

features:
  • 36 pit/grid with AI
  • animated spinning things
  • live scoreboard
  • non rFactor skin included
  • VAO, RainFx etc (CSP is required)

credits:
  • conversion to Assetto Corsa by @RMi_wood
  • physical road mesh, 3d rework fixing double sided objects by @pugsang
  • live scoreboard, camera_facing mesh, extra camera, misc by @shi
  • sections.ini by @Fanapryde
  • beta testing by the above contributers along with @Masscot and @Breathe

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Thanks I remember this track.

View attachment 1381462

The easiest way is to go to your Documents folder and rename the extension folder found in Assetto Corsa/cfg.
Restart CM and a new extension folder will be created, resetting all the previous made changes in CSP.

(Your previous settings are still in the renamed extension folder in case you want to switch back to your old settings.)
Hi !

Thanks a lot for your help but the problem stills, anyway, a total refresh of CSP is a good thing.

20240816-182023-ks_silverstone-f302_mazda_rt24p.jpg

Released : 2021 Mazda RT24-P (Multimatic/Riley)
Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: KW Studios
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: KW Studios (include all liverys)
3d work: F302
Lod´s: ACTK
Tweaks ACTK
Physics: Peugeot905
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

Last edited:
View attachment 1381513

Released : 2021 Mazda RT24-P (Multimatic/Riley)
Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: KW Studios
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: KW Studios (include all liverys)
3d work: F302
Lod´s: ACTK
Tweaks ACTK
Physics: Peugeot905
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager
Thank you 🙏

Another post, another problem. I created the new set of rims, inserted as an extension as I did for the 360 Modena, but as you can see the shadow has practically disappeared (it also happens in game). With the other skins everything works. If I delete the additional set of rims the shadow returns. :confused:

1723838619145.png

Automotodrom Brno extensive overhaul v2.0

View attachment 1380342

Masaryk Circuit - Brno, Czech Republic https://www.automotodrombrno.cz/en/
Note: skins created for any pre-v2.0 versions may no longer work correctly.
Track originally ported from Race '07 (SimBin Studios) by Sneer/Malagoli.
V2.0 overhaul August 2024:
  • Complete texture rework by ClimaxF1, including new trees
  • Start line position corrected; start lights/clock/lap counter/session timer added; new billboard models added; new sponsors added; animated jumbotrons added.
  • Camera-facing spectators and animated flag-waving spectators added.
  • Marshals, TV vans, recovery trucks, camera cranes and cameramen added.
  • Crowd and pitlane audio added.
  • Physical road mesh and groove added; sausage kerbs and green runoffs added.
  • Redundant treewalls removed; floating trees fixed; new trees planted.
  • CSP animated flags added to pit buildings and grandstands.
  • Animated helicopters, blimp, hot-air balloons, and distant airliners added.
  • Night lighting and basic RainFX added.
  • New AI line created; sections added; loading logo added.
  • Various textures and shader values revised; various normals fixed; various new textures created; various models fixed.

Thanks to all contributors - this was a real team effort:
Sneer, Rafael Malagoli, Inori, Sliderman, Mascot, Shi, Pugsang, RMi, leBluem, macko68, Gunnar333, mteam, and ClimaxF1.
Automotodrom Brno v2.5.1 update:

1723839199009.png

v2.5.1 changelog:
  • Corrupt AI fixed.
  • Totally reworked physical road mesh, now perfectly synchronised with the visual road mesh.
  • Missing sponsor banners added back (erroneously hidden by config in v2.0).
  • Additional new Czechia/Brno sponsor brand artwork added, and previous sponsors from v2.0 have been reworked. Previous skins have been removed due to model updates.
  • New pitlane technicians added.
  • Start line clock & session information displays updated.
  • Various texture/shader/config/model tweaks and improvements.
  • Various instances of z-fighting, clipping and flickering resolved.
  • Sections updated, new preview added.
  • ClimaxF1 lighting config added with permission.

Please do not rehost the full track as part of any skin creation. Please keep this existing link so that incremental updates might be added at later dates.

Last edited:

View attachment 1381563

v2.5.1 changelog:
  • Corrupt AI fixed.
  • Totally reworked physical road mesh, now perfectly synchronised with the visual road mesh.
  • Additional new Czechia/Brno sponsor brand artwork added, and previous sponsors from v2.0 have been reworked. Previous skins have been removed due to model updates.

Please do not rehost the full track as part of any skin creation. Please keep this existing link so that incremental updates might be added at later dates.
Sorry folks, for anyone that downloaded v2.5, please download again to v2.5.1. We found a corrupt AI file that should now be fixed.
The post quoted has been edited.

Last edited:
HungaroringACC

My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track made to look the way I prefer. There are two versions you can try so please don't skip reading the rest of this post. Both are standalone versions so they won't mess with the original tracks and can easily be deleted if you don't care for my changes.

rj_hungaroringACC: My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track with too many changes to describe. I would suggest starting with this track to make sure you like the changes. If you do then I would delete this and download the track below.

Link: rj_hungaroringACC

rj_hungaroring: A standalone version of Fenryr's fn_hungaroring track made to look like the above rj_hungaroringACC track. Fenryr's version is far superior to what I did with the separate GT and F1 layouts, the compatibility with Pyyer's F1 2023 extension and other numerous improvements he made. I would highly suggest you use this version instead of mine, but that's your choice.

Now for the confusing part and I hope language barriers don't make this hard to understand. The changes I made to the rj_hungaroring track kind of messed up Pyyer's 2023 F1 mod for the track. If you use the Fenryr F1 2023 mod from Pyyer, I included the changed files needed in order for it too work properly. First you will want to install Pyyer's mod into the track folder. Then extract all the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_2023_mod' folder from the download package and overwrite when it asks.

Link: rj_hungaroring

Credits:
Original track: Tom Steel, Junshen Wu and Fenryr. Apologies to anyone else who may have been involved.
Sections file: @Quikslvr
AC_Crew files: @Kurt Woods
Crowd file: @ludwig6666
AI File: Thockard
Additional replay camera and one alternative lighting.ini file: @Gregz0r
Config changes, night lights setup and additional replay cameras: @CrisT86

Track skins:

There are a bunch of track skins you can use or delete if you don't need them. You can combine any of the skins together. The two Diffuse skins change the color tone of the grass a bit over the default look. They add progressively more blue tint. The Grass Dry, Grass Greenish and Grass Lush skins are self explanatory. The Seasonal Trees skin will change the tree textures to give a more seasonal accurate look. I.E., bare in the winter, semi leafless in the late fall, etc. The AC_Crew skins will change the pitlane crew objects to have series specific sponsors.

Notes:

-- The original track did not have a lighting.ini file. If you don't care for the lighting from the sun, go into the data folder for any of the layouts. Rename one of the included alternative lighting files to lighting.ini and see if you prefer one of the alternatives. I prefer the one named lighting_old from @Gregz0r .
-- As always, any shader value I changed from it's original value gets placed in the Shader Stuff section that you can edit to get a look you prefer.
-- If you find the trees lack shadow depth, open up the track's ext_config file and look for this section (it's near the bottom). Change it's ACTIVE state to 0:

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = trees?
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

View attachment 1347451
Links for both tracks have been updated with new versions. The changes to the rj_hungaroringACC version are minimal and probably not worth the time. The changes to the rj_hungaroring version (the one based on Fenryr's track) are worth the time. For either one, delete your existing track folder first to be safe.

-- ui version number update and slight increase in grass brightness for both versions. If you preferred the darker grass, the old config is still in the extension folder. You just need to rename it.

-- Ported all my changes to Fenryr's new 1.3 track version. Please let me know of any issues you might find.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, for anyone that downloaded v2.5, please download again to v2.5.1. We found a corrupt AI file that should now be fixed.
The post quoted has been edited.
Loving the new version of Brno - thank you for the work.

Is anyone else finding the AI to be a little....slow? In car and AI setting combos that I normally run quite close with, I have been finding I'm ~4 sec faster than the rest of the field, which makes for a relatively boring race. While this is happening for a range of cars (including RSS, URD and others) I would be surprised if the AI files are the cause, but before I do a deep dive into my CSP settings to see if there is something causing it, I would be keen to know if anyone else has experienced something similar here. Anyone able to share relative laptimes for self and AI (any car really), so I can test the same combo and see if it is similar?

Last edited:

View attachment 1381563

v2.5.1 changelog:
  • Corrupt AI fixed.

It's OK I guess.

Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_csp_brno_circuit_reworked_16-7-124-22-54-4.png

Long may AC reign.

I have now tried the AI, and while I don't know its speed, I can tell you that the P2 and P6 start boxes clip their cars through the road. VRC 499P, latest CSP.

Solo lapping was a thrill, though, and everything worked there.

Last edited:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = $PUDDLES__track, asp-grp, asp-pitlane, Road_out, pitlane, Toppa_asp, green_tarmac
PUDDLES_MESHES =
SOAKING_MATERIALS = $SOAKING__track, asp-grp, asp-pitlane, Road_out, pitlane, Toppa_asp, green_tarmac
SOAKING_MESHES =
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = $SMOOTH__track, marquee_lrg_a, marquee_med_a
SMOOTH_MESHES =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = $ROUGH__track , mel_infield_b_01_d, Bordo_erba,Sand, wsmdry_drt!0
LINES_MATERIALS = $LINES__track, uvrmblea_c, uvyellow_line, decal_lines_white, Striscia_PIT, decal_lines, Cherb
RELIEF_MATERIALS = $RELIEF__track
STREAM_EDGE =
STREAM_POINT =
is this working with pyyers melbourne track? when i tested it i didnt got any puddles

What's the deal with this release vs CF1's new release on OT?
I've seen quite a few messages like this one, and the situation is disappointing because the confusion is all completely unnecessary and could have been easily avoided.
The full track released here has been worked on for a long time (technically since 2020, although the majority of the work was done this year) by a close-knit team.
The track UI lists most of those changes:
  • Corrupt AI fixed.
  • Additional new Czechia/Brno sponsor artwork added, and previous sponsors from v2.0 reworked. Previous skins removed due to model updates.
  • Start line position corrected; start lights/clock/lap counter/session timer added; new billboard models added; new sponsors added; animated jumbotrons added.
  • Basic RainFX config added.
  • Various textures and shader values revised; various normals fixed; various new textures created; various models fixed.
  • Many reworked textures by ClimaxF1 added with permission, including new tree textures.
ClimaxF1 was not an active member of this team and did not participate in the daily development discussions, brainstorming, testing, reworking, modelling etc etc., but he was added to the team credits because late in development we included (with full permission, and with our deep gratitude) a lot of his reworked textures and a lighting config that he had already created for the old version of the track. We had concerns that old skins would not be fully compatible with the new track due to the extensive changes listed above, so it made sense to add these textures to the kn5 in a controlled way and bake them into the track. We did exactly the same thing with the Miami Bayside update a few months ago.

You will have to ask him why he posted his update on Race Department in the days between the v2.0 and v2.5 versions of the full track, especially knowing that our v2.5 update was imminent and what it would contain. It was not something we (the team) wanted because of the confusion that this would inevitably cause.

Hope that explains the situation. But to answer your original question, the track posted here is a full and complete self-contained update, not just an add-on. But as with any tracks, you are of course free to add any skins, new AI, configs, extensions etc etc created by the community specifically for this version of the track. In fact, we look forward to seeing any that offer alternatives or improvements to what's contained in our package.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I started making a 2024 Flying Lizard Motorsports #2 skin, need help how to remove the original number plate on the side
Thank you very much in advance
__custom_showroom_1723882408.jpg

I've seen quite a few messages like this one, and the situation is disappointing because the confusion is all completely unnecessary and could have been easily avoided.
The full track released here has been worked on for a long time (technically since 2020, although the majority of the work was done this year) by a close-knit team.
The track UI lists most of those changes:
  • Corrupt AI fixed.
  • Additional new Czechia/Brno sponsor artwork added, and previous sponsors from v2.0 reworked. Previous skins removed due to model updates.
  • Basic RainFX config added.
  • Many reworked textures by ClimaxF1 added with permission, including new tree textures.
ClimaxF1 was not an active member of this team and did not participate in the daily development discussions, brainstorming, testing, reworking, modelling etc etc., but he was added to the team credits because late in development we included (with full permission, and with our deep gratitude) a lot of his reworked textures and a lighting config that he had already created for the old version of the track. We had concerns that old skins would not be fully compatible with the new track due to the extensive changes listed above, so it made sense to add these textures to the kn5 in a controlled way and bake them into the track. We did exactly the same thing with the Miami Bayside update a few months ago.

You will have to ask him why he posted his update on Race Department in the days between the v2.0 and v2.5 versions of the full track, especially knowing that our v2.5 update was imminent and what it would contain. It was not something we (the team) wanted because of the confusion that this would inevitably cause.

Hope that explains the situation. But to answer your original question, the track posted here is a full and complete self-contained update, not just an add-on. But as with any tracks, you are of course free to add any skins, new AI, configs, extensions etc etc created by the community specifically for this version of the track. In fact, we look forward to seeing any that offer alternatives or improvements to what's contained in our package.
Oh that's good to know

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back