Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,912 comments
I bought my first wheel ever on feb 2019.Logitech g920 + h shifter.First sim game with the wheel is ac.All assist off except factory (but mostly i drive only with factory abs).Settings all ok and lut.What i'm constantly struggling with is this.On every rwd or awd car i cant save it when the rear starts to slide,i counter steer but i spin out every time.Only on very rare occasions i save it but i come to an almost complete stop.I cant "powerslide" it even a little.I can feel the front wheels whatever they do but when the rear starts ti slide its too late.
Is this how it is in reality?Am i doing something wrong?Thanks

I bought my first wheel ever on feb 2019.Logitech g920 + h shifter.First sim game with the wheel is ac.All assist off except factory (but mostly i drive only with factory abs).Settings all ok and lut.What i'm constantly struggling with is this.On every rwd or awd car i cant save it when the rear starts to slide,i counter steer but i spin out every time.Only on very rare occasions i save it but i come to an almost complete stop.I cant "powerslide" it even a little.I can feel the front wheels whatever they do but when the rear starts ti slide its too late.

This is 100% not the correct thread to ask about this. We're in a modding thread not a driving thread.

Aye someone got the URD Detroit with the LED Panels? I've been trying to hunt this car down for like the past week, but I can't find links anywhere, (or the forums I try to get it from won't approve me after I register).

Anyone seen a good version of Oran Park out there?
I have two, Terras Oran_Park (with really messed up shadows and blinking trees) and Oranpark which i dont know who made(my version is see-through all over the place and has a really messed up roadmesh some places)

Really popular track on iracing this :)

preview (1).jpg

preview.jpg
preview (2).jpg

https://mega.nz/#F!dI1FXY5T!WVwLSaqmvGYjgeOqjjE0ng

https://mega.nz/#F!0B9HjKYJ!t-WGWzmQlC_eigTF8sF0ow

https://mega.nz/#F!ZR1zGQZZ!b7b4DPmcBHCZ3ZpPyHyGmQ

first time skining in AC 1st time using mega, sorry in advance for any problems.

2 pepsi max skins for rollovers TCR golf plus estrella skin...

Last edited:
This is 100% not the correct thread to ask about this. We're in a modding thread not a driving thread.

Ups!!You are correct!! Is saw your post about driving instruction for some cars and thought its ok to post here.Sorry i will post it where it should have been.Thanks
This forum is probably the best public place to discuss Assetto Corsa. While the forum title states "PC Mod Discussion", it's not enforced strictly and we often talk about anything related to AC. Which separates this place from Facebook mod pages or whatnot.

I think Spyrious are in their rights to ask for help with driving. It's not cool to gatekeep.

At least this is my interpretation of this forum. If a moderator chimes in and tells "no discussion except mods" I'm okay with that.

Update F355 Challenge (graphical optimization .kn5 = 132Mo → 58Mo) , just the fuel gauge problem remains :(

Link : https://mega.nz/#!UQIwRQDA!CYcnTX_3cR_s4pe9j7mhjp1yp4vOMpiN81EYJiYW4Kc

1568826555-custom-showroom-1568826303.jpg

I made some quick 'n' dirty onboard cameras for the Shokeus F355 Challenge mod. Turns out there's a camera editor dev app ingame I had never known about for years.

Screenshot_ferrari_f355_challenge_ks_laguna_seca_19-9-119-18-34-9.jpg Screenshot_ferrari_f355_challenge_ks_laguna_seca_19-9-119-18-36-40.jpg Screenshot_ferrari_f355_challenge_ks_laguna_seca_19-9-119-18-37-59.jpg Screenshot_ferrari_f355_challenge_ks_laguna_seca_19-9-119-18-41-10.jpg

Paste the code into \data\cameras.ini Make a backup of that file first just incase.

Code:
[CAMERA_0]
POSITION=1.0691,0.40592,0.36453
FORWARD=-0.081963,-0.090658,0.9925
UP=-0.042343,0.99527,0.087414
FOV=60
EXPOSURE=40
EXTERNAL_SOUND=1

[CAMERA_1]
POSITION=-0.01152,1.1845,-0.63303
FORWARD=0.0080397,-0.075741,-0.9971
UP=0.004305,0.99712,-0.075708
FOV=50
EXPOSURE=40
EXTERNAL_SOUND=1

[CAMERA_2]
POSITION=-0.19315,0.85504,-0.49628
FORWARD=0.16537,-0.06385,0.98416
UP=0.017681,0.99793,0.061773
FOV=55
EXPOSURE=40
EXTERNAL_SOUND=0

[CAMERA_3]
POSITION=-0.0028992,0.089428,1.9913
FORWARD=-0.011946,-0.055562,0.99838
UP=-0.0083762,0.99843,0.055464
FOV=60
EXPOSURE=40
EXTERNAL_SOUND=0

[CAMERA_4]
POSITION=-0.28003,0.82548,0.62109
FORWARD=0.68379,-0.3256,-0.65301
UP=0.19897,0.94421,-0.26245
FOV=70
EXPOSURE=40
EXTERNAL_SOUND=0

[CAMERA_5]
POSITION=-0.83235,0.91994,-1.2864
FORWARD=-0.063481,-0.22013,0.9734
UP=-0.12382,0.96957,0.21119
FOV=57
EXPOSURE=40
EXTERNAL_SOUND=1

Last edited:

Welcome to sim land. :dopey: It's hard in most sims but it's pretty hard in AC, I've been playing it for nearly 5 years now and I can still barely save a slide of more than a few degrees. Yet I can "drift" fairly decently in real life. Go figure.

You're not wrong, but this is the only thread here that gets any activity besides the screenshots and videos so it kinda acts as a catchall for AC related stuff. If he posted the question in another thread it probably woulda been a week or two before I saw it. :lol:

Aye someone got the URD Detroit with the LED Panels? I've been trying to hunt this car down for like the past week, but I can't find links anywhere, (or the forums I try to get it from won't approve me after I register).

We don't share paid mods here, it's against the rules. Sorry.

Don't listen to nutbags trying to get youtube hits on a modding thread tell you what you can do. Same thing with people that want to argue about the color of people who race for pages on end.

It will take you days, weeks, maybe even months to get a good feel for the wheel and force feedback. Soon enough you'll be anticipating what's going to happen a lot better. Give it time.

Has anyone made any of these? Would really like to drive them in game.

Attachments

• 2,w=993,q=high,c=0.bild.jpg
    2,w=993,q=high,c=0.bild.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 31ll.jpg
    31ll.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 32
Don't listen to nutbags trying to get youtube hits on a modding thread tell you what you can do. Same thing with people that want to argue about the color of people who race for pages on end.
Let's not pick on Ted though. He's a nice part of the community and a unique contributor. Let's say he posts the videos for YouTube hits, what is wrong with that? They are on point and good. Think of it like celebrities doing charity work for PR. Everybody wins.

Maybe my previous post felt like it's against Ted. It's not. I just wanted to address one specific post thinking it will discourage newcomers (like myself).

Let's not pick on Ted though. He's a nice part of the community and a unique contributor. Let's say he posts the videos for YouTube hits, what is wrong with that? They are on point and good. Think of it like celebrities doing charity work for PR. Everybody wins.

Maybe my previous post felt like it's against Ted. It's not. I just wanted to address one specific post thinking it will discourage newcomers (like myself).

Not trying to discourage anybody, sorry. Just wasn't sure if the other treads were more active/appropriate for driving skills discussion since I know we're gone off topic and talked about it a lot before here and I felt like it was distracting from the mods talk. I'm also new to the forum so I shouldn't have assumed, my bad.

Also I've literally only got 90 subs on youtube and I mostly share with family/friends/people in the mod community and the Leagues I race in. Don't care about hits on my videos at all - if I did I would be making ****** gaming content or GT3 guides for iRacing or something. I just want to help people learn how to drive the new cars Bazza and Doomslab are working on so that they can enjoy them to their full extent. I see nothing wrong with that, but maybe it's up to the individual to decide.

I have two, Terras Oran_Park (with really messed up shadows and blinking trees) and Oranpark which i dont know who made(my version is see-through all over the place and has a really messed up roadmesh some places)

Really popular track on iracing this :)

PM sent

Is there an updated T21's Road Atlanta other than the one he got linked in his video?
It feels good to drive but so flat to look at, expecially the road is a flat grey snake. Still wip I'd say

Not trying to discourage anybody, sorry. Just wasn't sure if the other treads were more active/appropriate for driving skills discussion since I know we're gone off topic and talked about it a lot before here and I felt like it was distracting from the mods talk. I'm also new to the forum so I shouldn't have assumed, my bad.

Also I've literally only got 90 subs on youtube and I mostly share with family/friends/people in the mod community and the Leagues I race in. Don't care about hits on my videos at all - if I did I would be making ****** gaming content or GT3 guides for iRacing or something. I just want to help people learn how to drive the new cars Bazza and Doomslab are working on so that they can enjoy them to their full extent. I see nothing wrong with that, but maybe it's up to the individual to decide.
I understand your reasoning. This is the only subforum with serious traffic. Eventually it turns into an "everything AC" forum. You know how it goes. There are not many active places to get help with a 5 year old sim.

I know you don't post for YouTube hits. I just replied to another post. For what it's worth, I personally watch your videos and try to learn from them. You have a unique position on this forum being a real racing driver. I appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone.

Also sorry if I offended you, that was definitely not my intention.

Know I am late to the party with this one but I just wanna say that I have fallen in love with VRC's Formula NA pack again. Got it first day it was released but because of life really didn't get to play with it much until recently.

Now I have never driven a Cart/IndyCar but it's what I imagine it would be like. Gotta be careful with the throttle, constant steering input to keep them pointing in the right direction, great engine sounds, and if you crash things actually break and end your race. Difficult to drive in the most fun way!

WELL worth the few bucks if you haven't already bought it.

Is there an updated T21's Road Atlanta other than the one he got linked in his video?
It feels good to drive but so flat to look at, expecially the road is a flat grey snake. Still wip I'd say
I don't think there is. As it seems it is the most accurate version but it needs optimizing, I can barely drive it on my own, let alone race in a pack...

I'm curious too. Never found another one than these two...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back