Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,921 comments
If you worked really hard to get somewhere
have a shedload of money.

^^ One begat the other.

Racing cars professionally isn't poor grassroots and shade-tree mechanics just showing up at the track with multi-million dollar racing programs.

It's BIG ASS money being pumped into these race series by the same "entitled" people that haven't 'earned' a spot to be involved in motorsport.

Considering most of these 'fat white' people are paying their own way, not sure it matters what anyone wants or think of who should be driving what.

Without the dreaded 'rich' people involved in professional motorsports, you WOULDN'T have any large motorsport series to be bemoaning....least of which, the people funding it.

Speaking of entitlement, when did participation in motorsports become a entitlement thing? If there was ever a luxury item, motorsports is it.

: Money ratio.
it's basic human nature.

Like envy

Yet they're allowed to run because "They earned it" by forking over the cash.

Curious why the intolerably corrupt SCCA hasn't been sued by it's drivers/insurance for allowing unsafe conditions during Pro events?

Again you're not arguing the actual point - which is that I don't like drivers who are too low-skilled for certain cars regardless of the reason. You're just hung up on assuming I hate rich people or whatever, I don't. I just also understand that having money doesn't automatically make you a good racing driver - but it will buy you into a car above your skill level.

Supercart 250c div1. ~90 hp for 275 kg of weight

6WmfL9I0FAg.jpg
K7xZW2GyQEA.jpg
rmUVh-mZNKg.jpg
Where is the link of this mod?!?!?!?!

Update F355 Challenge (graphical optimization .kn5 = 132Mo → 58Mo) , just the fuel gauge problem remains :(

Link : https://mega.nz/#!UQIwRQDA!CYcnTX_3cR_s4pe9j7mhjp1yp4vOMpiN81EYJiYW4Kc

1568826555-custom-showroom-1568826303.jpg

Years ago I remember Kunos putting up a poll to vote for which cars would make their Ferarri dlc pack and I was gutted when the F355 Challenge didn't make it. I've even considered buying pCARS2 for this damn car lol Really appreciate your work on this 👍👍

I havent tried this version yet, but is it possible to add blur to the rims while in motion, would look much nicer in replays, maybe a couple of extra F6 onboard cams too? :bowdown: The work you did on the rear panel made a huge difference. I havent done any skins before but this would be a great car to learn on.

Huge thanks again!

Racing cars professionally isn't poor grassroots and shade-tree mechanics just showing up at the track with multi-million dollar racing programs.

It's BIG ASS money being pumped into these race series by the same "entitled" people that haven't 'earned' a spot to be involved in motorsport.

You're right, people like Chip Ganassi and Roger Penske just showed up with a fat wallet. My mistake.

Considering most of these 'fat white' people are paying their own way, not sure it matters what anyone wants or think of who should be driving what.

Those people shouldn't give a rat's ass what I think. Just like I don't give a rat's ass about watching them race.

Without the dreaded 'rich' people involved in professional motorsports, you WOULDN'T have any large motorsport series to be bemoaning....least of which, the people funding it.

You're right, there's not one bit of difference between working your way up to becoming a successful team owner and just showing up at a track and throwing money at people until they let you drive.

Speaking of entitlement, when did participation in motorsports become a entitlement thing? If there was ever a luxury item, motorsports is it.

I dunno, ask Cote. He's the one who said rich people are entitled to buy their participation in major sporting events just because they're rich. All I said is I'm entitled to not enjoy watching them, which is correct.

I think somebody just posted a 993 GT2 race car in here a few days ago if I'm not remembering incorrectly. There should be a search function within the forum that lets you look up any mods yu may be looking for and see if they've been posted here.

There is one in this thread but the link is dead. There are many gt2's though. The best is from legion.

but we're not entitled to dislike things or be unhappy about certain situations?

Of course you both, and any one else are entitled to dislike and be unhappy about a situation, but not to blame a group because of their age, skin colour and /or social status. I know you agree to that.:)

I don't think pointing out that all of the old rich white guys I dealt with in regional GT3 series that can't drive is anything other than an observation of reality.. What bothers me about them is their driving skill: Money ratio

That is your prejudice, as obviously, the series in which some driver can access to race car seat not just on the merit of their driving is sanctioned by that driving series. So if any blame it is to issued, it is to the series organisation, not to the people participating in their own right. That you decide to participate or not in such series is also your prerogative. In any case blaming a group by the description of the color of their skin, social status or any other general criteria that is not directly relevant to their activity is not right, their is a name for it. If you feel unsafe driving among them, it is also your prerogative, I have seen more reckless driving done by younger people than older people, so I am not sure what your point is, overconfidence kills more people than 20% slower reflexes, particularly if your are aware and driving within your limits, which is often the case when you get older, as you do not think you have so much to prove any more and are here to enjoy yourself.
Further more, you did not write, I am concern for my safety and safety of others as some older driver which got their seat with money instead of talent, can be a hazard on the track.
you wrote:
"When I was Racing in US Blancpain all the top cars (GT3/GT4) were full of fat, white, rich old men that were doctors, lawyers, etc etc. Not a single one of them was any good, a pro, had ever won a race in their goddamn life.

It still makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it
"

the first way is expressing a concern over a situation, the second is pointing to a group of individual by identifying them from their skin color, age and social status, very different. If you cannot see the difference, it is sad.

Of course you both, and any one else are entitled to dislike and be unhappy about a situation, but not to blame a group because of their age, skin colour and /or social status. I know you agree to that.:)

First of all nobody was blaming anybody for anything, it's their lack of driving skill/experience that we don't care for. It has nothing to do with their skin color or social status other than the fact you don't often see non-white people of average income participating in this activity. If they did I would have used a different descriptor, but as it stands my chosen descriptor is accurate.

That is your prejudice, as obviously, the series in which some driver can access to race car seat not just on the merit of their driving is sanctioned by that driving series. So if any blame it is to issued, it is to the series organisation, not to the people participating in their own right. That you decide to participate or not in such series is also your prerogative. In any case blaming a group by the description of the color of their skin, social status or any other general criteria that is not directly relevant to their activity is not right, their is a name for it. If you feel unsafe driving among them, it is also your prerogative, I have seen more reckless driving done by younger people than older people, so I am not sure what your point is, overconfidence kills more people than 20% slower reflexes, particularly if your are aware and driving within your limits, which is often the case when you get older, as you do not think you have so much to prove any more and are here to enjoy yourself.
Further more, you did not write, I am concern for my safety and safety of others as some older driver which got their seat with money instead of talent, can be a hazard on the track.
you wrote:
"When I was Racing in US Blancpain all the top cars (GT3/GT4) were full of fat, white, rich old men that were doctors, lawyers, etc etc. Not a single one of them was any good, a pro, had ever won a race in their goddamn life.

It still makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it
"

the first way is expressing a concern over a situation, the second is pointing to a group of individual by identifying them from their skin color, age and social status, very different. If you cannot see the difference, it is sad.

Again, and this isn't difficult, it was not their skin color, age, or social status that made him sick to his stomach. It was the fact that these people with limited driving skills/experience are allowed to participate in races using cars that might be outside of their skill set simply because the series allowed them to buy their way into a seat. It just so happens that these people are most often rich white guys, so referring to them as rich white guys is accurate and not offensive. Right? You don't see people buying their way into professional basketball or baseball games, do you? Makes even less sense to allow it in a sport where participants and spectators can and do get killed, doesn't it? I mean, how much worse would that F2 race in Spa have been if there were a bunch of old guys out there with limited experience?

I bet you're a huge amount of fun at parties.
Don't worry about me, I am fine, also I have nothing against you, I think you are a nice person, a good driver and we are sharing the same passion for SIM racing, so all good. :)
I did not like something you wrote in a thread that I am associated with as I am here (too) often. I explained why.
Case closed.:gtpflag:

Personally, this kind of comment and attitude is making me sick.

So people who are fat, white, rich old men are not entitled to have fun driving racing cars? you have to be young, skinny and with good driving ability to be entitled to have fun behind the wheel of a race car? Really?
Their is no difference between anyone who enjoy racing cars and share a passion for fast car and racing them.
Talent is not an excuse for stupidity and bigotry. Grow up!
I happen to be an 53 year old white guy who's a doctor, and I am not the least bit offended by Ted's comments. Because he's 100% correct.

Have you ever actually participated in a racing series? I have, and what Ted's saying is accurate. You'd see lot of guys with zero talent droning around, using money to try and "buy" a win here and there.

One time at COTA, we had an open track day and some redneck kid from West Texas showed up in a '99 Mustang SVO with Hoosier slicks. He proceeded to smoke the entire field of rich old guys driving their Porsche GT3's, McLaren Mp4/12c's and Ferrari 458's. It was glorious.

Winning is not everything, their is much more to life that being #1 in any field or competition. Being a better you is much more satisfaying.
Oh. I never knew a single fellow racer in the past 30 years who was there on some voyage of personal discovery. It's a dangerous, expensive undertaking. Few would choose it as a way to "be a better you". I recommend volunteering at a homeless shelter (what I do) for that.

How in the world is the physical rigor of racing a professional car at high speeds on a race track even remotely comparable to driving a street car? That wasn't even the argument I was making!

You just get to a certain point where your body can't handle a stint in a race car anymore. I feel like that's a pretty well understood thing about racing. Most pros retire on the cusp of 40-45 years old because once you get to a certain point you just physically can't react as quickly anymore. It's sad but it happens. Of course there are exceptions to that but they are increasingly rare as drivers have been getting faster and better trained and starting at younger ages in recent years.

Again, as a retired 53 year old amateur driver, I completely agree with Ted on this. There's no way I could take, for instance, a Formula 3 car. Or even 2 hours in a GT3 probably.

Ted, most of the people here have never driven for 2+ hours in a loud, hot car with Heim joints and rock-hard suspension. They think that it's the same as a 2-hour drive to a neighboring town. In reality, racing cars is one of the most physically grueling, mentally demanding things I've ever done. There is no way I could do it at the same level as when I was 25.

Last edited:
Funny thing is, my original comment that sparked all this was meant to be a dig at nanny devices on race cars, not old white dudes (they just happened to be the ones who they're used for). :lol:

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled mod programming. I'll keep my opinions on race cars/racing series to myself from now on to avoid further controversy. :sly:

Ted, most of the people here have never driven for 2+ hours in a loud, hot car with Heim joints and rock-hard suspension. They think that it's the same as a 2-hour drive to a neighboring town. In reality, racing cars is one of the most physically grueling, mentally demanding things I've ever done. There is no way I could do it at the same level as when I was 25.

Hell, after 20 minutes in a racing kart I'm sore from head to toe for the next two days, if you drive it right they are brutal! I can imagine what scaling that up to race car size would do. :nervous:

Hey guys, does anyone know how to fix the completely black tyres in ACFL F1 2006? In showroom are ok but completely black ingame.

yup, you have to add the tag "F1" to the json file if I remember correctly.

EDIT: here we go; (its google translated from French, hence the terrible English)

This is not a BUG, it is related to the addon shader light, when the mod 2006 was released, the addon did not exist yet.
add in the UI the F1 tag and the problem will be solved

example!

• Open the fhicher ui of each team and make
  • {
  • "name": "ACFL Ferrari 2006",
  • "brand": "F2006",
  • "class": "race",
  • "country": null,
  • "description": "Converting and updated with authorization for AC <br> N.Navarro ACFL <br> Physics Steph29 <br> Drivers liveries Bluemind",
  • "tags": [
  • "# F2006"
  • "#ACFL"
and add at the end

• "tags": [
  • "# F2006"
  • "#ACFL"
  • "# F1"

Well there's three real world race car drivers here, sharing with you all. You should be so lucky when we share..... :lol:🤬:P:P
I KEEED!

To sum up everything in that talk up there, its "ride buyers". Those are the ones that worry me when on track, many don't even deserve to have a hard card much less mixing it up on track when their check clears.

Anyways, after talking to Tony B. the seating position is just right now in the 250cc SuperKart. As I described it to him, its 'rolling the seat' - now he doesn't sit in the kart like he has a fused spine and a stainless steel rod in his back.

We're finally, finally getting a proper 250 :cheers:
I miss the 125 and 250's.

11755827-10204809843666217-6210761167498102196-n.jpg

Edit: Even know the 250's really like the big tracks like, R America, Laguna, Silverstone etc. it looks like Mosport KartingComplex is done (as described) and to be released soon.

70508073-10162695284940352-4560063878783827968-n.jpg

Last edited:
Several times met mention of ETCC 1970 and WTTC 1970 mods,
But nowhere met the mod itself, only individual cars..
What are we talking about?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back