Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,925 comments
@Masscot no idea for VR but can't you move forward a bit ? If the wings of the headrest are too much obstructing my side view, I move a little forward until I see only a small part of them.

In VR that would probably put the wheel up in your chest/face which would feel kinda weird, like an old granny.

081006-wellmannered2-hmed-11a.grid-6x2.jpg

Just curious (still can't try for another week) how does it look without these hideous things ? Any better ?

It looks loads better, however, it only highlights how bad the track really is lol. The huge distractions at the side of the road stopped me from noticing how very un-proportionate the track is as I didn't play it long. There is also missing buildings/textures in places which was expected with such a huge removal. It's still fun but I don't think I will be using it all that much really.

Thank you! I appreciate it! You'll be happy to know that I'm recording 3 more tonight all in a similar format - one more at Goodwood circuit and two at Cadwell park.

Trying to keep it to british club racing circuits to give that old 70's BTCC Feel :)
I found it quite funny how you used the expression "smash the throttle" while still having more precise and smooth application with less initial throttle than most drivers in AC. :lol:

Strange track indeed, I had probs with it too. :(
Do you have a second sentul_circuit.ini? Either config\tracks or config\tracks\loaded, don´t put it in both folders.
I had sometimes also probs with BLM Lights or SOL Weather App, don´t know exactly which one. But remarked lines are sometimes deleted or even all changes made there after starting track. :(

You can test this for more whiteish lights:
[LIGHT_SERIES_0]

As been discussed many times over Ad nauseam, your configs track folder should be empty with all your cfgs going in the tracks/'loaded' folder.
So there wasnt a duplicate and only one Santul cfg in the loaded folder.

Not really problems with it but you'd think deleting all the parameters under 'lights 0' (with the description of being the only track lighting) would kill the lights. But as you saw from the SS they're all there :dunce:
Really like the new look you gave with the lights. Will replace them. But as said above, if I deleted all the parameters and the lights still came on - I wonder if the new parameters will make a difference :lol:

Will look in a few if it took. Thanks Slider.

Is there any way to recognize these objects via CM too? I would like to edit such stuff by myself but lack of knowledge. :irked:
I'd like to know that too, but I fear it needs looking into the KN5 file.

In VR that would probably put the wheel up in your chest/face which would feel kinda weird, like an old granny.
I see, which is why I said I did not know how it was in VR. On triples my tip works fine.

It looks loads better, however, it only highlights how bad the track really is lol. The huge distractions at the side of the road stopped me from noticing how very un-proportionate the track is as I didn't play it long. There is also missing buildings/textures in places which was expected with such a huge removal. It's still fun but I don't think I will be using it all that much really.
Uff, that looks much worse than I expected. Not going to bother, thanks for the info ;)

As been discussed many times over Ad nauseam, your configs track folder should be empty with all your cfgs going in the tracks/'loaded' folder.
If you put new configs (that are not released on github) in the config loaded folder, they will likely get overwritten. Putting them in the config tracks prevents that. So if they are still in the 'experimental stage' they need to be in the config track folder to prevent getting overwritten. At least these are my findings when testing out newly made configs for several tracks.

Supercart 250c div1. ~90 hp for 275 kg of weight

6WmfL9I0FAg.jpg
Immediate fan here.
But the driver position as shown is way too high.;)
I had the chance doing some laps in one of these (many years ago when I was still driving 125 shifter karts) and I could barely look over the wheel...

Like here
https://coolmanstuff.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/250cc-superkarts/

Last edited:
I'd like to know that too, but I fear it needs looking into the KN5 file.

I see, which is why I said I did not know how it was in VR. On triples my tip works fine.

Uff, that looks much worse than I expected. Not going to bother, thanks for the info ;)

If you put new configs (that are not released on github) in the config loaded folder, they will likely get overwritten. Putting them in the config tracks prevents that. So if they are still in the 'experimental stage' they need to be in the config track folder to prevent getting overwritten. At least these are my findings when testing out newly made configs for several tracks.

Immendiate fan here.
But the driver position as shown is way too high.;)
I had the chance doing some laps in one of these (many years ago when I was still driving 125 shifter karts) and I could barely look over the wheel...

Like here
https://coolmanstuff.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/250cc-superkarts/

Im in cart now too ) will change drivong position, bit it depends on yout height as well. Now struggling with setup, assetta corsa driving phisycs engine setup (aero, susp) is far from ideal

Here we go again lol. Lebluem said the opposite, or something of the effect. Also how would they get over written if they are in the loaded folder but not if theres a cfg from github to over write it?

Or does updating from github delete all the cfg's and installs the older and updated ones? Maybe thats what its doing. This would explain why I'm losing lights again at certain tracks that were fixed. 🤬

Im in cart now too ) will change drivong position, bit it depends on yout height as well. Now struggling with setup, assetta corsa driving phisycs engine setup (aero, susp) is far from ideal
I did not know or see how the position could be altered then, but I'm 5.9 (1m81) while the owner of that kart was about equally tall.
Have fun in the karts :)

Here we go again lol. Lebluem said the opposite, or something of the effect. Also how would they get over written if they are in the loaded folder but not if theres a cfg from github to over write it?

Or does updating from github delete all the cfg's and installs the older and updated ones? Maybe thats what its doing. This would explain why I'm losing lights again at certain tracks that were fixed. 🤬
The latter is indeed what is going on. As long as you keep all files in the loaded folder, and just depend on the public releases, it's fine. Your config track can be empty.
But as soon as you use experimental ones, they get overwritten each time you load the track again.
Which is the reason I always had problems when trying 'changed' .ini files. The problems were gone as soon as I placed them in the tracks folder (which has priority) all worked well.
So all my 'altered' .ini files are now in the config tracks folder and the changes stay as they are.

I did not know or see how the position could be altered then, but I'm 5.9 (1m81) while the owner of that kart was about equally tall.
Have fun in the karts :)

Fana, sorta same here. Ran as support class a few times with CART/ChampCar/Indycar and other races. 125's too.
Talking with Barracuda:
-
BTW, even if your taller (I'm 6'3) in a 250, I never ran sitting up, as you know you want to be as laid down as possible. This required a different approach when doing seat fittings etc.
You get the upper part of the body down as far as you can and in my case, if the knees had to come up, thats better in terms of CG and aero.

Same principal in a formula car but in the 250 case the feet would be down at the paddles obviously.
08d3491a92d66efd5f1b167921068b76.jpg

I found it quite funny how you used the expression "smash the throttle" while still having more precise and smooth application with less initial throttle than most drivers in AC. :lol:

? you could tell that from the video?? Or simply building bridges whilst slagging off every other AC player...

? you could tell that from the video?? Or simply building bridges whilst slagging off every other AC player...
Looks like one of the "most drivers" got insulted. Yes, most sim drivers in general have worse throttle application than him. When you've seen tens of thousands of onboards from the low, average and high tier drivers respectively from multiple sims you kind of get an idea what the baseline level is. I'm pretty surprised if >50% of AC drivers are this good or better.

Anyone care to give a quick dummy guide on how to swap engine sounds in CM? I don't even see a tool close to being able to do it in the CM tool set.
Awesome looking series, finally found one with all the skins etc (thats not the argentina version), drives good but the engine sound is heinous.

custom-showroom-1568094641.jpg

29/5000

Where did you find this mod?

Looks like one of the "most drivers" got insulted. Yes, most sim drivers in general have worse throttle application than him. When you've seen tens of thousands of onboards from the low, average and high tier drivers respectively from multiple sims you kind of get an idea what the baseline level is. I'm pretty surprised if >50% of AC drivers are this good or better.
You'd have to agree with me that you could/should have chosen your words more carefully...

You'd have to agree with me that you could/should have chosen your words more carefully...
I'm not super afraid of exclaiming that a professional driver and instructor is better at applying throttle than the majority of hobbyists in a simulation. :lol: There's nothing to feel bad about if you're part of the majority. Over half of the userbase is. :confused:

Basically my point is that the large majority of drivers are "stomping on the throttle" everywhere. Funny when you think about it.

I'm not super afraid of exclaiming that a professional driver and instructor is better at applying throttle than the majority of hobbyists in a simulation. :lol: There's nothing to feel bad about if you're part of the majority. Over half of the userbase is. :confused:

Basically my point is that the large majority of drivers are "stomping on the throttle" everywhere. Funny when you think about it.
Nothing to do with the point I was making. You are now showing -again- that you are a bit too headstrong and have a hard time dealing with criticism.

Nothing to do with the point I was making. You are now showing -again- that you are a bit too headstrong and have a hard time dealing with criticism.
I have the hard time dealing with criticism when I don't follow every advise and criticism I get towards my way? I'd be good at dealing with criticism if I just apologized? :lol:

thats why there is Traction Control, front wheel drive and abs in all sorts of real world racing for those that stomp on the pedals IRL ;)

Watching Lamborghini Super Trofeo, the weakest drivers there get lapped twice in a 50 min race.

thats why there is Traction Control, front wheel drive and abs in all sorts of real world racing for those that stomp on the pedals IRL ;)

Watching Lamborghini Super Trofeo, the weakest drivers there get lapped twice in a 50 min race.
Enthusiasts have argued for years on end if TCS and the like make drivers worse, because you really do need to ride the TCS a bit in modern cars which have it. The maps in racecars make it generally faster to use it: of course, not just banging clean against it but smartly. I wonder if it's true. You'd think so, but I dunno, not so simple...

Enthusiasts have argued for years on end if TCS and the like make drivers worse, because you really do need to ride the TCS a bit in modern cars which have it. The maps in racecars make it generally faster to use it: of course, not just banging clean against it but smartly. I wonder if it's true. You'd think so, but I dunno, not so simple...
and they need TCS in endurance to save the tyres. in LMP1 they run highest TC when they start their tire stints

and they need TCS in endurance to save the tyres. in LMP1 they run highest TC when they start their tire stints
I'm just wondering if it's a case of "TCS makes it a little better" or "No one can drive without TCS". For some of the gentleman drivers and whatnot, probably latter, but I somehow doubt the field has gotten worse overall due to electronics. I'd think they're overall better than in past times.

Is there any way to recognize these objects via CM too? I would like to edit such stuff by myself but lack of knowledge. :irked:
As far I know no, or at least not yet.
The free method to do something similiar could be extracting kn5 track file(s) with kn5unpack or kn52fbx and open fbx with kseditor (original one or modded). :)
Or open kn5 with 3DSimEd (the cost for it is 30GBP). :(

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back