Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,817 comments
Dont know why your Indy is so blown out. Kinda do...

I'm always worried that it could be my settings or that SOL is up to shenanigans but I think mostly it's 3DSimED that has default levels of 0.5/0.6 and for many tracks I'm lowering that to 0.2/0.3 or more.
I'll queue the track up for a revamp, and ask a couple of other members here to bless it with some love and we should get a suitable result.

Stay tuned.

What the hell did I just drive?
These Bodo Gyorgy cars from Assettoland are very well made, but just... weird.
I'm guessing they're original designs made for AC (although there's a GTA vibe going on too). Anyone know anything about them?
The modder is obviously competent and knows his stuff, but rotating headlights and LEDs embeded in the wheel arches are very curious design decisions.
György Bodó seems to be a Transylvanian actor born over a hundred years ago, if that helps.

Edit: found this

And his website:
https://gyurijdesign.webnode.hu/

These just might be my new favourite cars of all time.

Last edited:
Unless I forgot, they gave us no hints up to now, unlike the incoming Audi 90GTO or the released Panoz.

Pay_nose on the left, guesses on the right?

75204393-1113709579020463-6971384266810720256-o.jpg
That is clearly the Cadillac LMP-02 :)

What the hell did I just drive?
These Bodo Gyorgy cars from Assettoland are very well made, but just... weird.
.../...
These just might be my new favourite cars of all time.

Well, I installed it yesterday, looked at it in the showroom, but it was too late to drive.
My hopes were not very high tbh.
It all changed when I tried the car (race version) this morning. It is a strange one, no doubt, but it is so much fun to throw around any track. It is (to my limited knowledge) very well made, very detailed, very fast, very rewarding.
I'm starting to love this thing...
The intro video is very nice too.
:bowdown:

you make me curious, what is making this car so special to you?
The sheer unadulterated magnificence of the design. They're bonkers!

All joking aside, they're really well made with a high attention to detail, and terrific fun to drive. I hope the modder keeps making cars, but I'd like to see him put his talents into a real-life car rather than a fictional design.

This Abarth 124 Spider from Assettopedia is a nice addition to the small sports convertibles class.

https://assettopedia.forumfree.it/?t=76508616

I had a previous version with a totally different dashboard (with lots of holes in the geometry) and borked mirrors, but this one is much better. Better audio than the last one too.

1553100658.jpg

I was using Rollovers Fiat 124 but the Assettopedia one is 130mb so I presume it's the better one to use. Can't test it out just yet cause i'm meant to be painting skirting boards :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Is this the same one as Rollovers Fiat?

The Rollovers version is like Kunos Mazda MX5 Cup, a race version. Faster and with safety nets / roll cage etc...

The AP version is a street version, slower around a track, no roll cage, no nets.

Two totally different cars I'd say...;)

Last edited:
The Rollovers version is like Kunos Mazda MX5 Cup, a race version. Faster and with safety nets / roll cage etc...

The AP version is a street version, slower, no roll cage, no nets.

Two totally different cars I'd say...;)

Ah fair enough, was gonna ditch the rollover one but as it's good fun to drive it can stay, the one you linked can find a place next to it as well ;)

EDIT: I think the gloss paint i'm using has made my brain go fuzzy cause i can see the differences now I've had a proper look lol

I was using Rollovers Fiat 124 but the Assettopedia one is 130mb so I presume it's the better one to use. Can't test it out just yet cause i'm meant to be painting skirting boards :lol::lol:

Extract these into skin folders to replace Rollovers logo with Abarth logos. Deleted the big Rollovers logo on interior, made (almost) transparent the others.
https://mega.nz/#!3hsl3SzK!yjUHzmZ6g9NByAQ-U26ImXjTLTW0fsip4sq_GD__pYQ

I didn't edit the .kn5 because 3DSimED3 distorts the model. Any wizards to help with that?
Also is there any way to use CM to delete objects?

Last edited:
I'm away so I can't research thoroughly but from what I can tell, we're not in good shape track wise to recreate the 1996 inaugural Swedish Touring Car Championship.

Tracks:
Mantorp Park 👍 not sure about quality
Falkenberg 👎
Ring Knutstorp 👍
Kinnekulle 👎
Karlskoga 👎

2 out of 5 :(

No Anderstorp either from 1997 season?
Arctic Circle Raceway from the 1999 season...I found a incomplete unreleased version on YT but no other release.

That's it for the 90's

Last edited:
Updated the logos. Adjusted transparency of Rollovers logos properly (still learning, sorry) this time. They are completely invisible or changed with Abarth logos. Updated the above link too.
Extract to each skin folder.
https://mega.nz/#!3hsl3SzK!yjUHzmZ6g9NByAQ-U26ImXjTLTW0fsip4sq_GD__pYQ

Alternatively, edited .kn5 file is below. You can just overwrite existing one to apply logos to all skins.
https://mega.nz/#!y5slyK6S!RdoY8VtOQhmmNnSwSt6WORkWjVCseWWgpoPeqizWaKE

Thanks for doing this. I find I can never quite get my head round things like this so appreciate the work people put in to make things more like real life.

I'm away so I can't research thoroughly but from what I can tell, we're not in good shape track wise to recreate the 1996 inaugural Swedish Touring Car Championship.

Tracks:
Mantorp Park 👍 not sure about quality
Falkenberg 👎
Ring Knutstorp 👍
Kinnekulle 👎
Karlskoga 👎

2 out of 5 :(

No Anderstorp either from 1997 season?
Arctic Circle Raceway from the 1999 season...I found a incomplete unreleased version on YT but no other release.

That's it for the 90's

Me and a friend from Tromsø is working on getting someone on Arctic Circle Raceway. Unfortunately no lasermapping available for it since it's a couple of hundred meters outside the area the norwegian "Kartverk" mapped so it has to be ground up. kinda suck since the track layout is really interesting. the mod we have so far is not even close to be driveable, not sure anyone will ever finish it :(

Me and a friend from Tromsø is working on getting someone on Arctic Circle Raceway. Unfortunately no lasermapping available for it since it's a couple of hundred meters outside the area the norwegian "Kartverk" mapped so it has to be ground up. kinda suck since the track layout is really interesting. the mod we have so far is not even close to be driveable, not sure anyone will ever finish it :(

Well hopefully someday it will see a release, it is a nice layout. :cheers:

is there an easy way to remove a co driver from a rally world car? i downloaded the Project 8 jaguar and this one doesn't have a light bar on it. ive worked on the physics for almost 5 days now testing at the ebola drome grand tour track and nurburgring and now its within 1/10th of a second of the real lap times at those tracks. BUT there is still a damn rally co driver in my luxery Sedan!! he has no business being in there! hes scuffing my leather. help me

I noticed three versions of Phillip Island... ?
I have a really crappy one, then the V8SC version, which is nice but needs optimizing to run smooth... which other version is there ?
I looked at my collection, my 3 versions are superb, i have some new skins on these tracks, well i don't know.
Edit: and if you have a different Townsville than the FVR version 0.8 (with the awful trees) ... ?
The same thing for this track, the trees are very beautiful and it’s not the FVR version.

For the curious, some pictures of others tracks from my collection :

All right, that's enough, stop! :rolleyes: :lol: :gtplanet:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back