Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,780 comments
is there an easy way to remove a co driver from a rally world car? i downloaded the Project 8 jaguar and this one doesn't have a light bar on it. ive worked on the physics for almost 5 days now testing at the ebola drome grand tour track and nurburgring and now its within 1/10th of a second of the real lap times at those tracks. BUT there is still a damn rally co driver in my luxery Sedan!! he has no business being in there! hes scuffing my leather. help me
Which car is it?
Edit: As in, link me please. I'll try.

Last edited:
I looked at my collection, my 3 versions are superb, i have some new skins on these tracks, well i don't know.

The same thing for this track, the trees are very beautiful and it’s not the FVR version.

For the curious, some pictures of others tracks from my collection :

8iew.png

4ish.png

07s5.png

5qz6.png

1ehb.png

All right, that's enough, stop! :rolleyes: :lol: :gtplanet:

Can I ask, are all these tracks of decent quality?

And by the way, holy ****ing ****, how many tracks do you have in total?

I looked at my collection, my 3 versions are superb, i have some new skins on these tracks, well i don't know.

The same thing for this track, the trees are very beautiful and it’s not the FVR version.

For the curious, some pictures of others tracks from my collection :

8iew.png

4ish.png

07s5.png

5qz6.png

1ehb.png

All right, that's enough, stop! :rolleyes: :lol: :gtplanet:

Is that Meadowdale the Gilles version?

OK, you got me curious now...links pretty please ?

Thanks! :)
Strange, I have a newer version of the track with the same folder name. I don´t know the author, but it seems he is a different one and the track imho graphical ways better.
I downloaded now the version from Racedepartment, renamed the folder I had before (Trackname: Montreal F1 2017) and made the adjustments. I even baked a vao-patch and now it looks darker and saturated.
What do you mean, is this better or to dark and saturated?

Here the new skin:
https://we.tl/t-Y2RHx0rvZQ

Please test it and give some feedback.
Happy Easter to you all! :cheers: :gtpflag:

Anybody have this track / link?

is there an easy way to remove a co driver from a rally world car?

It's dead easy, and is the first thing i do whenever there's a corpse in the passenger seat. They look ruddy silly sat there doing naff-all.
I've not done it for a while so my memory is a little hazy, but I *think* you just remove the section about the 'copilot' in the lods.ini. You can also remove the copilot kn5 in the main track folder too.

I'm currently using KnockHill 2017 from what i believe to be from the Assetto Corsa Reboot group (IIRC).
However the track is... a little basic.

For example, it currently It has no CSP integration for grassfx etc, has quite basic trees/textures/colours/content etc. and only seems looks good under very specific criteria.

This is of course not a slight at the work and time taken to the creator of the track, but merely a question to the group to see if anyone knows of a higher quality Knockhill track mod, one that is perhaps a little less baron and feels a little more alive?

Last edited:
How exactly does one add CSP procedural grass to a track? Also, are there any tracks that have it added to so far?

How exactly does one add CSP procedural grass to a track? Also, are there any tracks that have it added to so far?

You really need to go to the CSP discord site. There are already numerous configs available for adding the new grass to tracks over there.

Any Similar tracks to Bridgehampton?
I'm a big fan of tracks like Oulton Park / Cadwell Park / KnockHill / Snetterton and I've just tried Bridgehampton and its fantastic!

It's just jumped into my top 10 tracks for AC, but are there any more tracks like this?

You really need to go to the CSP discord site. There are already numerous configs available for adding the new grass to tracks over there.
I got it. Had to search around for the server. Seems like it should be on the CM about & update page, but whatev. 👍

Recorded a lap in the VRC MP4/4 at Spa today - Practicing for a league - thought it was a really high quality mod so I'd share some replay footage of my fastest practice lap

Disclaimer: I am hot trash at turbo F1 cars because they are *way* too stiff for my driving style

Enjoy:

Which car is it?
Edit: As in, link me please. I'll try.
https://sharemods.com/6n3qfrni4fq1 this isnt the one i made personally since i have no idea how to repack and send my own files. but this is the mod i modified, the one i used was the no lightbar version. but it does have a rear wing. one of those has no wing im pretty sure. so if you can take the driver out of the one with the wing, i can then just copy all my physics and stick it into that folder instead with the no driver. And heres the skin pack i use with it https://sharemods.com/h96lezpwmnsf so it doesnt look like poop anymore. without physics overhaul the car is undrivable though. it came with 100HP and wacky wacky stuff in the Data.ini took a long long time to iron it out to resemble the road going thing

I'm a big fan of tracks like Oulton Park / Cadwell Park / KnockHill / Snetterton and I've just tried Bridgehampton and its fantastic!

It's just jumped into my top 10 tracks for AC, but are there any more tracks like this?

What do you mean exactly by "... tracks like this ..." ?
Just asking because the tracks you are mentioning are quite different.
There are literally hundreds of nice tracks for AC, short, long, hilly, flat, classic, modern etc... A lot of them have night lights, others not. There are also al lot of unfinished or even bad/crappy ones.

You can find tracks here, or at RD, or here: http://f1classic.forumotion.com/t16883-list-of-all-tracks-with-links-part-1-update-08-aug18
Not all links are updated though...

Bridgehampton was made by LilSki, so you can find more of his excellent, phantastic work on: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/lilski.218202/
or from Fat-Alfie who also makes excellent, phantastic work: https://www.racedepartment.com/search/88308/
or just look for tracks on RD sorted by rating:
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...racks.8/?order=rating_weighted&direction=desc
As you see, both are very much on top of the list. :)
As much other good ones too. ;)

But there are many more places you can find nice tracks too. YT, F1classic forum, a bit outdated ones on https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/ and of course here on GTP too. :)

Unfortunately ACTrackRebootProject is closed for a long time now. But you can still find the hosted tracks.
But as @Fanapryde wrote before, it´s a bit vague just to ask for "... tracks like this ...". ;)

Hi !

Yes, the meaning of "track like this" is a little bit "fuzzy"..! ;)
Did you meant by "High quality textures" or "High quality reworked"... maybe !? :cool:

I think some gentlemen like @Fanapryde or @slider666 gave you some good ways.

Cheers ! :cheers:

https://sharemods.com/6n3qfrni4fq1 this isnt the one i made personally since i have no idea how to repack and send my own files. but this is the mod i modified, the one i used was the no lightbar version. but it does have a rear wing. one of those has no wing im pretty sure. so if you can take the driver out of the one with the wing, i can then just copy all my physics and stick it into that folder instead with the no driver. And heres the skin pack i use with it https://sharemods.com/h96lezpwmnsf so it doesnt look like poop anymore. without physics overhaul the car is undrivable though. it came with 100HP and wacky wacky stuff in the Data.ini took a long long time to iron it out to resemble the road going thing
Oh, I thought you were talking about another car. This one is already visually edited by @LionRacer including the removal of co-driver.
Here's their .kn5 file. You can extract this into your folder.
https://mega.nz/#!K9FSxKjK!14YHbg4Faf7EvSG4-rvoNZylWHTkVlSXqY_Btf46GUY

LionRacer's original post with mod link (3 versions). Be careful to not overwrite your data :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-409#post-12806719

Tracks like these is a hard one to define as peeps have said but off the top of my head some tracks that spring to mind are Nordschleife, Watkins Glen, Crystal Palace, Croft, Anglesey, Lienz, Trois-Rivieres, Lime rock, Zandvoort, Road Atlanta, Isle of Man, and Rouen Les-Essarts. Oh yeah see if you can find Targa Florio as well. Not sure if all of these are available for AC but have a look at the list @Fanapryde posted as that's probably the most comprehensive list out there at the mo.

Bridgehampton was made by LilSki, so you can find more of his excellent, phantastic work on: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/lilski.218202/
or from Fat-Alfie who also makes excellent, phantastic work: https://www.racedepartment.com/search/88308/
or just look for tracks on RD sorted by rating:
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...racks.8/?order=rating_weighted&direction=desc
As you see, both are very much on top of the list. :)
As much other good ones too. ;)

But there are many more places you can find nice tracks too. YT, F1classic forum, a bit outdated ones on https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/ and of course here on GTP too. :)

Unfortunately ACTrackRebootProject is closed for a long time now. But you can still find the hosted tracks.
But as @Fanapryde wrote before, it´s a bit vague just to ask for "... tracks like this ...". ;)

Cool I’ll check these out! Thanks.

Tracks like these is a hard one to define as peeps have said but off the top of my head some tracks that spring to mind are Nordschleife, Watkins Glen, Crystal Palace, Croft, Anglesey, Lienz, Trois-Rivieres, Lime rock, Zandvoort, Road Atlanta, Isle of Man, and Rouen Les-Essarts. Oh yeah see if you can find Targa Florio as well. Not sure if all of these are available for AC but have a look at the list @Fanapryde posted as that's probably the most comprehensive list out there at the mo.

Thanks for these I’ll check into them now and see how they stack up.
Much appreciated.

I should have been more clear but what I meant (which I’m surprised fanapryd thinks are very different tracks) was that tracks like Oulton/Caldwell/Donnington/Snetterton etc. are in my opinion incredibly similar tracks, aesthetically and in their track design, plus as they are all owned by the same body who run the same/similar group races on them, they have a commonality to them.

They are short, narrow, undulated, twisty countryside courses with grass run off areas etc (unlike Paul Richard or Dubai for example)

So my question, which I agree should have been clearer, was/is..
Does anyone know of any tracks, that are similar in layout to the “park” tracks of the UK that are also high quality fully functioning mods.

I personally think Bridgehampton falls into this catagory as it’s a very high quality mod, narrow with lots of twists and turns and undulations. It has grass/sand/gravel run off areas (not asphalt) and has (IMO) a lot of similarities to the types of races it would hold with tracks such as Caldwell/Donnington UK.

This is another reason why I think we could really benefit from a vetted thread.

Between the members on here, we could add a daily test car track combo.

Everyone could test the car and the track and at the end of the day or (whatever time set) the users all vote on if the track or the car should make it into the curated thread. Like a weekly race, but a weekly test.

For me I would say bridghampton would make it in, and the car would either get in or not depending on how good it was.

Everyone else would then vote, and as long as the majority voted yes, it gets put into the curated thread.

Between all the active users here, we could have lists of curated tracks and cars in a matter of weeks.

I’m off to download and test all the tracks mentioned above, which I suspect many people here have already done, know that some of them are not worth installing and redo something that could be avoided if we had a curated or tested/voted on section ;)

.../...I should have been more clear but what I meant (which I’m surprised fanapryd thinks are very different tracks) was that tracks like Oulton/Caldwell/Donnington/Snetterton etc. are in my opinion incredibly similar tracks, aesthetically and in their track design, plus as they are all owned by the same body who run the same/similar group races on them, they have a commonality to them.

They are short, narrow, undulated, twisty countryside courses with grass run off areas etc (unlike Paul Richard or Dubai for example).../...

OK, if you want to catalogue Snetterton (just e.g.) as short, narrow, undulated and twisty, then go ahead.
I'm sorry to have bothered you with my question for more clarity in my attempt to help you out, won't happen again...

Cool I’ll check these out! Thanks.

Thanks for these I’ll check into them now and see how they stack up.
Much appreciated.

I should have been more clear but what I meant (which I’m surprised fanapryd thinks are very different tracks) was that tracks like Oulton/Caldwell/Donnington/Snetterton etc. are in my opinion incredibly similar tracks, aesthetically and in their track design, plus as they are all owned by the same body who run the same/similar group races on them, they have a commonality to them.

They are short, narrow, undulated, twisty countryside courses with grass run off areas etc (unlike Paul Richard or Dubai for example)

So my question, which I agree should have been clearer, was/is..
Does anyone know of any tracks, that are similar in layout to the “park” tracks of the UK that are also high quality fully functioning mods.

I personally think Bridgehampton falls into this catagory as it’s a very high quality mod, narrow with lots of twists and turns and undulations. It has grass/sand/gravel run off areas (not asphalt) and has (IMO) a lot of similarities to the types of races it would hold with tracks such as Caldwell/Donnington UK.

This is another reason why I think we could really benefit from a vetted thread.

Between the members on here, we could add a daily test car track combo.

Everyone could test the car and the track and at the end of the day or (whatever time set) the users all vote on if the track or the car should make it into the curated thread. Like a weekly race, but a weekly test.

For me I would say bridghampton would make it in, and the car would either get in or not depending on how good it was.

Everyone else would then vote, and as long as the majority voted yes, it gets put into the curated thread.

Between all the active users here, we could have lists of curated tracks and cars in a matter of weeks.

I’m off to download and test all the tracks mentioned above, which I suspect many people here have already done, know that some of them are not worth installing and redo something that could be avoided if we had a curated or tested/voted on section ;)

Had a feeling it was the "countryside" kind of tracks you were after. Some of the tracks I suggested may not be available for AC but deffo worth checking out the longer ones like Targa and Isle of man if you like the real road/countryside type of tracks.

Crystal Palace is deffo worth checking out if you can find a good one for AC

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back