Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
A friend of mine just reinstalled AC and added CM/CSP/SOL.
While trying out he suddenly got this:

View attachment 877358

and he now has no clue how to undo that.
I tried to reproduce it by checking the debug apps, but I don't get to see these lines.
Anybody has a tip on how to remove them (and what they actually are for) ?

reset patch settings: delete all files in
"...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\"

https://mega.nz/#!oJUzmCLJ!GbbwkaQpJUTWvCNqsFZ61nEv-S-3Rb2uSHvcN7vndVY
ASTON MARTIN GT12 (Full Rework)
I really slaved on this car, all 100 were sold immediately upon release to collectors so not many are out and about allowing people to take data from them and tests. so finding real data was extremely difficult.
The original car from assetto garage only came with GT3 slicks on 15 inch rims/missing aero components/ top speed over 200..ect EVERYTHING needed harsh revision. This car has no recorded lap times on tracks available in AC but so far it's done around 7:20 on nurburgring(oem tire) and that honestly seems believable, right around ferrari 488 speeds. top speed is 186mph comes with 2 tires, oem&track rubber+ Rewrote engine files to better resemble an aston V12 with incredibly accurate BHP and torque with drive loss calculated in! I really gave it my all boys
0222b29f6e8b2194ff33a1f73a493b8e.png

Edit: oh and as always plz give feedback on what you think, or if you find errors. thanks!

I had the previous version by ag.Coincidentally i had done some laps in fonteny today.Yours feels more planted and stiff,and corners better.It also seems to be faster in the straights.It is however unstable under heavy braking and high speed.The ag is very stable under braking.And also the sound is to me too high pitched.I believe the real car is more throaty and bass. I'm no expert.Just my observations.Thanks

I had the previous version by ag.Coincidentally i had done some laps in fonteny today.Yours feels more planted and stiff,and corners better.It also seems to be faster in the straights.It is however unstable under heavy braking and high speed.The ag is very stable under braking.And also the sound is to me too high pitched.I believe the real car is more throaty and bass. I'm no expert.Just my observations.Thanks
Very good find with the instability, i only tested on nurburgring and for whatever reason the car remained stable. BUT! you must be right because i investigated and it seems the original car had a mid engine suspension. ill show you what i mean, the rear steer rods are floating. so they were copy and pasted in, no one would scratch make that suspention and leave it like that. and only mid engine cars would go that far back.
upload_2019-12-30_7-5-39.png The blue lines behind the tires are the steer rods for the rear. thats what the suspention.ini calls them atleast. this needs a whole new rear suspension.

Very good find with the instability, i only tested on nurburgring and for whatever reason the car remained stable. BUT! you must be right because i investigated and it seems the original car had a mid engine suspension. ill show you what i mean, the rear steer rods are floating. so they were copy and pasted in, no one would scratch make that suspention and leave it like that. and only mid engine cars would go that far back.
View attachment 877365 The blue lines behind the tires are the steer rods for the rear. thats what the suspention.ini calls them atleast. this needs a whole new rear suspension.

On a race track it must feel more stable because normally it is a more flat surface.On fonteny where i tested it ,it can easily unload the suspension because of the little hills that change the altitude.Did you check the ag version suspension?

I also asked on discord, but maybe someone here has a clue ?
At a distance trees / treelines next to the track are very light coloured. When approaching they regain their 'natural' colour.

This is Surfers Paradise, but it happens on other tracks too. I don't remember when the issue started, I'm on the latest CSP, but in earlier versions I have the same issue.
Since grassFX triggered also a weird effect on triple setups, it could very well be related, but I'm not sure.
Has anybody else the same ?

trees.png

https://mega.nz/#!oJUzmCLJ!GbbwkaQpJUTWvCNqsFZ61nEv-S-3Rb2uSHvcN7vndVY
ASTON MARTIN GT12 (Full Rework) (new edit: found big error, might wanna wait for fix before downloading, rear suspension needs a huge fix)
I really slaved on this car, all 100 were sold immediately upon release to collectors so not many are out and about allowing people to take data from them and tests. so finding real data was extremely difficult.
The original car from assetto garage only came with GT3 slicks on 15 inch rims/missing aero components/ top speed over 200..ect EVERYTHING needed harsh revision. This car has no recorded lap times on tracks available in AC but so far it's done around 7:20 on nurburgring(oem tire) and that honestly seems believable, right around ferrari 488 speeds. top speed is 186mph comes with 2 tires, oem&track rubber+ Rewrote engine files to better resemble an aston V12 with incredibly accurate BHP and torque with drive loss calculated in! I really gave it my all boys
0222b29f6e8b2194ff33a1f73a493b8e.png

Edit: oh and as always plz give feedback on what you think, or if you find errors. thanks!

One of my all time favourite Aston Martins and one that I desperately want in AC lol. As you say the version that's out there isn't the most accurate so be good to have a Megolito version. I'll wait till you've tweaked it and released the newer version but this might just knock your Porsche GT1 RS off the top of my favourite car list ;)

Last edited:
On a race track it must feel more stable because normally it is a more flat surface.On fonteny where i tested it ,it can easily unload the suspension because of the little hills that change the altitude.Did you check the ag version suspension?
Both cars have incorrect rear suspention, this rework is based off the AG version, that is what i started with. both suspensions are the same. The ag version if you look in the Data folders- no data matches the real cars figures at all. The only thing they had correct was the gear ratios. the original aero made lift, like you see on a economy car, it had GT3 racing slicks for tires in the wrong sizes. the front tires were 315 wide slicks, and the real car has 265 wide road tires up front. it had no diffuser, the drag coefficient was incredibly low aswell(meaning higher top speed). the engine made 100 more Nm of torque than the real car and 30 more horse, also power graph wasnt a v12, it made 400Nm of tq at 1500 rpm, The brakes were at 4000 units of pressure (stronger than a GTE Race car)

there is still much more but you get the point. so the bottom line is the AG version is not a good reference of how the car should feel at all. it's no closer to a real aston GT12 than a porsche 911 is. there's a video of how it should sound and handle (the track portion later in the video) that rear end is alive on that thing.

I think it depends, as it does for me, on what you where driving last. Every time I jump in a different 'genre' of car it's a WTF moment. But it only takes 10mins and then the stupid grin returns.
It works the same way for me.

I can run Auto Union, but I feel not very comfortable at the same time.
The less powerful Era gives more pleasure.

Haven't found one (yet), but I gave up on that Auto Union. Not that it is undriveable, but it absolutely doesn't bring the stupid grin for me... even after 45 minutes of sweating & swearing...
I understand you perfectly !
I used it on three tracks (Brands-Hatch, Fonteny and Goodwood) with pleasure... but considering it as a « Time Machine » and engineering pleasure and... I tried on the « Avus Auto-Union » track yesterday and it had been a sad desperation... on a pretty fast track.
The bankings were a nightmare and even with « short » gears, a true desolation.

Well the car is cosmetically a pure jewel but the physics are really far from good, not because it’s almost undrivable but, for one of the most important mechanical and historic thing, the torque is a mess.

A Ferrari 312/67 or a F1 1500 got much torque when you go down with the gearbox.
We have more than 500 ch, a usable engine able to support around 5000 rpm, 4 gears, a mechanical turbo and... we can’t feel a brutal power, even with the shortest ratios and if the brakes were not as good as today, It’s not also bicycle braking like feeling the car will have a weight around 2000 kg !
Torque is crazy bad simulated in this car and that’s a major point.

So... We have to keep in mind it’s the 0.5 version, a WIP but according to some of you, the physics of this car are not logical on several points.

The story remains always the same as « Come on, these old cars weren’t able to stay on the road and were true rolling graves ! ».

The rolling grave effect haven’t disappeared (racing cars stills dangerous even with far better securitization as yesterday) and these old cars were able to turn faster than simulated actually.

;)

All this talk of the Auto-union being a handful, but has anyone tried this mod? https://v8scorsa.weebly.com/

I am loving driving these but my god do they bite if you don't handle them with care for a lap or 2 ;)

Don't forget to check RD for a load of skins as well - here's one to get you started https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/v8scorsa-2012-nissan-altima-prototype.30242/
At least these can be be raced properly. I agree they need attention, but they are fun.
The Auto Union is NO fun at all... (to me that is). I read comments on RD from people that 'love' the physics...not sure if serious or just bragging that they are THAT good drivers. I saw a video (forgot where) where this car is driven (in AC) 'drift wise'...OK...but these cars were NOT driven that way as can be seen on RL footage from races. Sure they were difficult, but they could take corners at a decent speed and stop if needed.

At least these can be be raced properly. I agree they need attention, but they are fun.
The Auto Union is NO fun at all... (to me that is). I read comments on RD from people that 'love' the physics...not sure if serious or just bragging that they are THAT good drivers. I saw a video (forgot where) where this car is driven (in AC) 'drift wise'...OK...but these cars were NOT driven that way as can be seen on RL footage from races. Sure they were difficult, but they could take corners at a decent speed and stop if needed.

Yeah I've been properly addicted to these since I installed the mod the other night. I did see some moaning about the physics but I think after they've warmed up a bit you can actually have a decent race and not end up in a ditch backwards on every corner or having to drive using 10% of the throttle.
As you say about the Auto-Union it isn't fun in it's current state and needs a lot of work to make it drivable (even after you've coasted 10 laps to get some heat in the tyres) but each to their own and if people are hardcore enough that they like that kinda thing then that's fine with me. I just can't get any enjoyment out of it. I like a challenge at times but they ain't for me lol.

Sachsenring 1967

As far as I know, the original track was developed by Andre Streu (TRACK505) for Grand Prix Legends. I don't know who converted it for R-Factor. The legendary RAINMAKER converted it for me (my home track, I was born in a house 15 m next to the street!) for Assetto. Unfortunately, he did not publish them and has completely withdrawn from the modding scene. He actually wanted to improve it. But I think it's a shame if it isn't accessible to everyone. And it works perfectly! The AI does what it should and it has 22 boxes. What is missing is a VAO patch and working night lights. Maybe there is someone in the scene who can take on this problem. That would be very nice!

Some time ago a gruesome version with Scottish houses and a completely unrealistic landscape was published.
This one has the original buildings, the legendary high seats (up to 40 meters high!) and thus perfectly reflects the character of this time. In the heyday (in the 50s) up to 500,000 spectators were on the track, 90,000 alone in a curve (Queckenberg) !!!
upload_2019-12-30_17-56-34.png

The picture below shows the old Sachsenring (light red) and the new Sachsenring (dark red).
upload_2019-12-30_18-2-27.png

More information about the racetrack can be found at
https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/germany/sachsenring.html

Download (1 week):
https://we.tl/t-ZKXD45UAKH

Have fun! I wish everyone a happy new year!

Sachsenring 1967

As far as I know, the original track was developed by Andre Streu (TRACK505) for Grand Prix Legends. I don't know who converted it for R-Factor. The legendary RAINMAKER converted it for me (my home track, I was born in a house 15 m next to the street!) for Assetto. Unfortunately, he did not publish them and has completely withdrawn from the modding scene. He actually wanted to improve it. But I think it's a shame if it isn't accessible to everyone. And it works perfectly! The AI does what it should and it has 22 boxes. What is missing is a VAO patch and working night lights. Maybe there is someone in the scene who can take on this problem. That would be very nice!

Some time ago a gruesome version with Scottish houses and a completely unrealistic landscape was published.
This one has the original buildings, the legendary high seats (up to 40 meters high!) and thus perfectly reflects the character of this time. In the heyday (in the 50s) up to 500,000 spectators were on the track, 90,000 alone in a curve (Queckenberg) !!!
View attachment 877387
The picture below shows the old Sachsenring (light red) and the new Sachsenring (dark red).
View attachment 877388

Download (1 week):

Always makes me laugh how hardcore the fans were...Can you imagine Health and Safety allowing those seats nowadays :nervous:

Thanks for the track link :cheers:

Last edited:
have any gt6 tracks been ported into ac? or just gt in general?

Also to add to the list by @Fanapryde there's Seattle Circuit, Grand Valley Speedway and Trial Mountain.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/seattle-circuit.27253/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/grand-valley-speedway.20304/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/trial-mountain.2348/

Can't vouch for quality of these as I don't think I've spent enough time on them to remember what they're like

Sachsenring 1967

View attachment 877387
View attachment 877388

Download (1 week):

this still has staircase effect, see here in the support section for a version with fixed road-mesh:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sachsenring-1967-1-0.167369/post-2962483

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back