Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,073 comments
Guys I need some skinning help. For the AMR PRO skin I made I tried to make the paint metallic using some weird effect and basically cocked it up and it looks pretty bad. Is there a way to make paint look really good and have a deep metallic effect? I've read something about using shaders to achieve this but I have no idea how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated but you might have to explain in simpleton terms :lol:

Do you guys know where I can find the best versions of Daytona and Indianapolis speedways (both with oval + road course). The one I found on the web don't really look good...

https://mega.nz/#!UE9hiAIR!-Hd_mooLT7yTIPu8Y_Oedwmo6kqNvPYdh6AH15Th5xg
camero ZL1 1LE (a car i have personally driven in real life and on a track with a professional instructing me thanks to chevy)
This car has been worked on, on and off since october along with the ford gt:censored: that i dont want to talk about because itll never be finished }:(
this camero ive worked very very hard to make it accurate in terms of downforce and laptimes, each corner of the nurburgring its within 1-2% of the real speed during the professional lap. the final time was 7:16 in real life, ive managed 7:17.2 with this mod on "fast" track conditions. the real life lightning lap at VIR grand west was 2:45.7 time ive managed 2:45.3 with this mod. the rear wing makes exactly 300lb of downforce at 155mph like the real car. most of the grip is mechanical however because of the 305 wide front tire, for reference mclaren senna only has a 265 wide up front. so the ZL1 1LE heavily leans on its tires for the grip with brute force, otherwise this 3820 pound car wouldn't budge. The engine was redone using factory data and more importantly real life Dyno Charts for Wheel horsepower. also it now makes the factory boost with the supercharger.
39fc461552c4a8753b7b5bdea2a4d67f.png

Original car is by IXA Project 15 and that really surprised me since his cars are almost always perfect, but this one was really in bad shape, it made like 1000 pounds of downforce at 130mph and only one rear wheel would spin during burnouts. and the suspensions where very very off. so i dont think he put his best into this one like his other cars. IXA project is normally a go to mod for high quality to me.

anyhow enjoy and feedback would be appreciated on this one if something is wrong. i worked way to long on this to not fix every little detail you guys find wrong with it, ill fix everything! no matter how small. i owe it to this car after this long.

Another nice work megolito!I dont like it as much as your astons but great addition !Thanks

Someone knows if there are any desert rally/ rally raid/ dakar tracks for AC??

(I already have El Cubilete, Steppe Rally, DBCRally, Desert Route and MTN Saudi Arabia Streets; But only feels more or less realistic El Cubilete one)

Thanks!

Someone knows if there are any desert rally/ rally raid/ dakar tracks for AC??

(I already have El Cubilete, Steppe Rally, DBCRally, Desert Route and MTN Saudi Arabia Streets; But only feels more or less realistic El Cubilete one)

Thanks!
MTN Saudi Arabia Streets is the closest you could get to a Dakar track for now.

Does anyone have any experience with photoshop or Paint.net who would be willing to do me a massive favour. I'm trying, and failing to paint these calipers lime but cannot for the life of me work out how to do that without just painting the whole image. I could really do with somehow selecting the details but can't work it out. If someone would be so kind as to step in and do so or at least tell me how it can be done I'd be forever grateful

https://mega.nz/#!CPYlRATZ!MeYgrXi73g0gNvDA2flBXcr_qBC3F-fh1q0d_HoP7i8

Does anyone have any experience with photoshop or Paint.net who would be willing to do me a massive favour. I'm trying, and failing to paint these calipers lime but cannot for the life of me work out how to do that without just painting the whole image. I could really do with somehow selecting the details but can't work it out. If someone would be so kind as to step in and do so or at least tell me how it can be done I'd be forever grateful

https://mega.nz/#!CPYlRATZ!MeYgrXi73g0gNvDA2flBXcr_qBC3F-fh1q0d_HoP7i8
give me a second

EDIT

like this?
https://we.tl/t-SjVmbGFGuH

EDIT 2:
I dont know the exact colour you want. Can you show me what you have in mind?

Last edited:
Well... everytime VRC Modding site is down (or under maintenance !?), I searched some messages about the website issue and I always discovered some more recent news instead of the original website forum !

I'm happy to see that one of my most expected car stills in WIP since several years... but with a new identification ! ^^

@Wusel The colour needs to be like this- sorry I should have posted the colour for ya as well.

https://mega.nz/#!eTRxECBL!fU74udMeQSlKxauXgIllonBy84gT3sC1gsXdcNiqRHA

Thanks for doing this :cheers:

https://we.tl/t-Rm9iPepLWu

Thats as close as I get. I dont know how to choose the exact same color the way I am doing it. If it isnt close enough you have to hope that others are able to help

EDIT:
I made an alternative version. Only part of the brakes are the exact same color. Maybe you prefer it because you dont really notice the difference on the car
https://we.tl/t-sz8s8nPV77

Last edited:
Try the alternative version if you havent already. It might look even closer to the real color. Idk...

I think it's all good, probably won't notice it as it's behind the wheels. The colour is close enough :cheers:
Just trying to figure out how to save the new kn5 in 3dsimed now lol.

As it has costs me a lot of time to find out a cool and easy way to do that, I think I can share it here:
Import kn5 file, one of the balloons,
right click on balloon -> Object and rename it on the right sidebar.
right click on balloon -> Material and rename it on the right sidebar.
change texture map the in the sidebar and select new dds file
export it all as Plugin export and select kn5 as file type renamed kn5 file

View attachment 863517
View attachment 863519
View attachment 863520
View attachment 863521

the same with material:
View attachment 863528

and to finish it just export it to new renamed kn5 file
... Plugin export and select kn5 as file type. :dopey:

Thanks to your little tutorial (and @Masscot too) I've managed to remove the GT12 badges off the Aston AMR PRO. Haven't bothered doing any balloons yet but at least I know how to use 3dsimEd and import and export textures properly now.

Thanks guys

Just wondering if you guys know where I could add the parameters so that CM could take real time weather data? I have quite a few tracks that do not have the proper location setup and could not get real time weather data

Just wondering if you guys know where I could add the parameters so that CM could take real time weather data? I have quite a few tracks that do not have the proper location setup and could not get real time weather data

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-5_22-14-17.png
    upload_2020-1-5_22-14-17.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 56
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back